Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
    Anyway, here we are well into the 19th, seeing SGO available on numerous services for $20...and still waiting on the email with the iTunes code...but, Im sure “they’re working on it”.
    It's their motto -- you should know that by now.

I'm curious though... about the code.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You’d figure they would have sent the codes out early, it’s not like we could have redeemed them before the 19th. But, I guess they don’t have to cater to us All Access folks. They already have our money.

Comment

I also haven't received my downloading code as an All-Access member yet. This whole marketing is so amateurish than the movie and the site itself. If they start to sell it on the 19th June, then why could they not prepare themselves to send out the codes in time? Silly move MGM. If you want to handle this franchise seriously, then almost everything must be improved.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Oh, the irony...

However, there's gonna be people who are going to pay for it and then they get the code, realize they get it for "free" and cue the complaining of having had to pay for it. Notwithstanding, the same people pleading for "support" from the fans.

Comment

Why is the feature clip on itunes? Have the code but can't download.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I also haven't received my downloading code as an All-Access member yet. This whole marketing is so amateurish than the movie and the site itself. If they start to sell it on the 19th June, then why could they not prepare themselves to send out the codes in time? Silly move MGM. If you want to handle this franchise seriously, then almost everything must be improved.
              I received my email at 5:38 PM Eastern Time today, just under two hours ago.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I suspect they'd rather have All Access subscribers have to wait a few hours rather than send out codes a day early and have them completely unusable when they hit our inboxes.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Why try to be reasonable, Darren?! Fandom likes to complain. Speaking of - I got my code, kinda disappointed it's only iTunes. I hadn't read the fine print enough to see that it wasn't going to be given to us on any other service. Looking forward to giving it a watch to see how it's changed, though.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Hey hey. I'm new here but had to join after finding out about Origins. I only just found out. Don't know how I missed that news but I guess I've been unplugged from SG for awhile too long I suppose.

I was super excited at first but the reviews I've read don't sound very promising. But the All-Access might still be worth it for all the other shows and episodes. Do you guys think it's worth it? Is watching it on iTunes with that digital code any better than just watching the single episodes? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                      Why is the feature clip on itunes? Have the code but can't download.
                      Because MGM has a contract with Apple about the distribution of their films, I reckon.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      I suspect they'd rather have All Access subscribers have to wait a few hours rather than send out codes a day early and have them completely unusable when they hit our inboxes.
                      I was under the impression codes don't have a 24h experation date. They're like those gift cards you can buy at the store.

Also, for anyone pondering the idea of giving their codes away (yes, a kind soul on Command offered me theirs). Codes are region locked and can only be redeemed in the region they are meant for.

And if you used a VPN to weasel your way onto Stargate Command, you'll get a code that isn't set to your region, as one of the Frenchies has learned the hard way now.

@Elite Anubis Guard
                      Well, you have little to complain about, I guess, so I imagine it's quite difficult to walk in lesser fans' shoes.

Comment

I just don't subscribe to this notion of MGM being an evil entity out to specifically alienate fans.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don’t think they’re deliberately doing that, I think they just don’t care.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                            I don’t think they’re deliberately doing that, I think they just don’t care.
                            What he said.

Which basically means --> they're loss!

Comment

Why's it so hard to believe they actually faced legality or licensing issues?
                              sigpic

Comment

By the way why do they not upload the feature cut to the Stargate : Command? All-Access members have paid for the membership anyway, so we could watch legally and then maybe later download a legal copy as well.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X