Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thedevilman View Post
    Mostly just because it's easier for us to watch through iTunes. That and I have LOTS of other really good digital codes to trade that didn't cost me anything.
    Ah, in that case... I hope you find someone.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Please do the movie vs. Origins comparsion. Even I could recognize Ra's ship... It is so disappointing that even the special effects were "borrowed" from the Stargate movie. What a shame.

As far as I know the DHD was really a prop from SG-1. I believe they mentioned in one of the shooting extras. I can't admire the details. I have already loved the art work in the SG-1's gate as well. When I could discover such little marks, curves, shapes as part of the texture what I haven't seen before. Well done whoever planned and created those props.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        This whole marketing is so amateurish than the movie and the site itself.
        This. I received a survey by email, addressed to the "top 100 fans" which is obvious bs, on survey monkey. Really?

Also I think the marketing folks must be actual monkeys, for the questions in their survey had absolutely no statistical value / pertinence.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Please do the movie vs. Origins comparsion.
          I'm game for that.

It'll have to wait for the weekend though, because tomorrow Belgium's playing England in the World Cup.

As far as I know the DHD was really a prop from SG-1. I believe they mentioned in one of the shooting extras.
          It really should have had more weathering.
          And the extras are, once again, all-access only. These are not available for free.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          This. I received a survey by email, addressed to the "top 100 fans" which is obvious bs, on survey monkey. Really?
          A total BS survey indeed since every single one of us got it. And with questions like "Why didn't you get a premium pass?", the rage was real and the answer reflected that.

Comment

Any British, German, Canadian, Australian or New-Zealand premium members who can confirm or deny this?

According to someone on twitter, the international iTunes code for the "free" copy of Stargate Origins: Catherine is only a rental code for a "view once" option? While the US code is for a download.

Stargate Command is looking into it, and it's the first thing I've heard.
            If it were true, that would literally be the icing on the already frakked up cake. But I seriously hope not -- that it would be true, I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              According to someone on twitter, the international iTunes code for the "free" copy of Stargate Origins: Catherine is only a rental code for a "view once" option? While the US code is for a download.
              I don't know if it's actually the case - I haven't seen anybody say it was, and I'd think they'd be vocal about it - but that is certainly how it was worded in the e-mail. Here's the disclaimer from the e-mail for US and Canada, with parts that are the same left normal text color.

Originally posted by 'Download your Free Stargate Origins Feature Cut Now!' e-mail
              Code expires on 06/19/2019 19/06/2019 23:59:59 PST and is redeemable only on the iTunes Store for United States Canada. Requires an iTunes account, subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms. Compatible software and hardware, and internet access (fees may apply) required. Not for resale. Rentals must be fully downloaded within 30 days of code redemption, and viewed within 30 days of download; once started, you must complete viewing within 48 hours. Full terms and Apple’s Privacy Policy apply; see https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/usca/terms.html and https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/. For more information, see https://support.apple.com/en-ca/itunes. This video is provided to you by MGM.
              Much the same applies Australia, UK, and New Zealand ones (plain English), and I can confirm that the German one also reads the same - not fluent in Spanish and French, but the numbers '30' and '48' sure appear in those, too.

Comment

Rentals must be fully downloaded within 30 days of code redemption, and viewed within 30 days of download; once started, you must complete viewing within 48 hours.
                If you ask me, that's pretty straight forward.

And with regard to protests -- they probably didn't read the fine print. Considering how many neglected to read the TOS, PP and FAQ at the Command site before buying premium, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give this one another look either and just went "Yes, FREE copy.".

Comment

Well... I bought premium really lately as I had some technical difficulties. I really believed that a new SG spinoff will come as the hype was building up in February and March. I have been a loyal fan in the last 20+ years, so I hoped and I still stope that a new SG show or tv movie will come in 2019-2020. I really wanted to express my support on this way in the future SG projects in spite of I knew that Origins will be a disaster after the first 3 episodes. Just I was thinking it costs only a price of two pizzas or a posh restaurant meal, while they don't give any chance for other foreign SG fans even to pay for it legally, so I decided I will pay this little contribution to the potential future of this scifi franchise. I haven't regretted it, but as I said numerous time before, I am not happy how they handled the other 190 countries, how poor is the quality of Origins and how simple is the SG:C website. We are in the XXI. century, so we deserve better treatment for our money. Imho.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

@Platschu

Showtime has just ordered a 10-episode season of a live action Halo series. I'm excited about that.
                    That's what's coming in 2019.

Stargate Command is a joke, which they have been since the beginning.

Stargate Origins isn't bad quality. I went in with the lowest of expectations, none actually, and I have now seen it twice (once before reading the Mission Files and once after), and I've been having an incredibly funny back and forth with Daniel Rashid, Aylam Orian, Philippe Alexander and Shvan on twitter -- even Ellie Gall has come and done some liking.

Bloody hell, it's the most interaction I've ever had with stargate related actors on that media platform.

Those guys literally brightened my day last week with their Ancient Egyptian antics. Hence why we need a full DVD/BluRay release with a lot of extras and audio commentaries cause they would be brilliant.

Comment

I have just opened a topic for the Halo.

I am not on Twitter. It is nice that they responded. It is not their fault that the fans expectations were much higher after so many years. Origins felt like a not so carefully chosen starter at the restaurant, but we are still waiting for the new main meal.

Comment

Origins felt like a not so carefully chosen starter at the restaurant, but we are still waiting for the new main meal.
                        Actually, it feels like the meal you ordered but with everything you're allergic to removed and not replaced so a dry fish and rice it is -- without the sauce.

Comment

Well. While "... the meal was cooked long time ago." So they also offered takeaway, but they have delivered only the bill and the address where we can collect it. Next to the candle shop.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 29 June 2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

We have come full circle.

Comment

Whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                                Whoa.
                                Whoa?

Comment

Working...
                                X