No announcement yet.

Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, much like the iTunes codes, these too are geolocked, if anyone was thinking of giving theirs away or selling it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Received mine too, I noticed the title is ''Stargate Origins: Catherine''

Is that a hint that there's more SGO to come?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

That’s the title of the feature cut version, yeah (was first ‘announced’ with the Apple codes).

I suppose it’s possible, but we’ve no way of knowing right now.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Received mine too, I noticed the title is ''Stargate Origins: Catherine''

Is that a hint that there's more SGO to come?
          Nope, nothing of the sorts was even hinted at at SDCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Nope, nothing of the sorts was even hinted at at SDCC.
            Well that's not good news.

I can't believe they don't have any contingency plan. One does not simply poke a sleeping giant and get away unscathed.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              I can't believe they don't have any contingency plan. One does not simply poke a sleeping giant and get away unscathed.
              #Stargate or #StargateOrigins wasn't even trending, unlike a lot of other shows and panels and whatnot. I'd say MGM forgot where it put its poker to actually wake the sleeping giant.

Comment

I just realized something... MGM isn't the production company behind Stargate Origins: Catherine.

I was wondering about something when I saw that Legion M organized the meet-up and the screening, and I went back and looked at the production company on IMDb and MGM is the distributor along with its subsidiary United Artists, but they aren't the one producing the whole thing -- i.e. giving the money.

The production company is Vanishing Angle, en Mercedes Bryce Morgan is actually listed as both Director and Executive Producer.

Definition of an Executive Producer for reference:
                The executive producer is like the CEO of the project. She hires the key leaders and talent – including directors, stars and producers – and supervises them. The executive producer often finances the project, either funding it herself or finding investors to raise the capital needed for production. A company can serve in the executive producer capacity and have one of its employees working as the executive producer. An executive producer may manage several projects at once and not go to the set at all, delegating tasks to those below her.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Oh by the way... I have the Mission Files which are only available to all-access premium members (which I'm not). A kind soul copy and pasted them for me.

I'm thinking of posting them here -- will that get me in trouble, you think?

Comment

I believe they were already shared here.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Some snippets of the Mission Files have been posted (and referred to) round the threads,but that's fine.Full pieces -nope.

Full transcripts would breach the rules,(see faq re copyrighted material) and to paraphrase what Darren said last time some of you asked in Ask the Mods and via PM about the special features/files ,it'd be fine to quote a relevant paragraph here and there as you want to share it or make reference to it ... but the higher percentage of an article you quote directly, the farther away from Fair Use you move.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Okay fine... not here then.

But seriously... copyrighted material?
                          This whole forum is filled with it.
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 08 September 2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Okay fine... not here then.
                            No transcripts in full in the threads,social groups or Profile messages(aka VM).
                            Using a piece to open a discussion on something specific would be fine,but the copyright rules cover print material,webisodes,or whatever,not just full episode downloads.
                            (Should anyone want to share the transcripts OFF-GW,via private mail or at other places,that's up to them at their own risk and responsibility but no offering/asking for links in the forum itself,thanks,everyone.)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            But seriously... copyrighted material?
                            This whole forum is filled with it.
                            Pretty much,as this IS an international fansite for Gate and loads of other shows,and it'd be very hard to talk about shows without some reference to links and articles...but members' usage of avatars,art,pics,sigpics,fanfiction or posting pieces of articles aren't what gets sites or its members served with cease-and-desist orders or worse.
                            Most PTBs and production companies are fully aware of the good effects of allowing fandom to flourish,and happy to allow us to be creative.

Permission isn't there to post certain kinds of copyrighted material that's all.
                            Anything GW itself crossposts or features is with prior and ongoing permissions.
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The copyright material was an afterthought by the way.

I won't put Gateworld's existence in jeopardy. It's the best (un)official Stargate hub in two galaxies... or more galaxies but let's keep it to Milky Way and Pegasus for now. There's simply no other that can rival it, and that includes mediocre Stargate Command.

Comment

In my opinion, official sites always pale in comparison to fan sites.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X