Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Why's it so hard to believe they actually faced legality or licensing issues?
    Because that holds no water for Stargate Origins, the Dial Home interviews, the behind-the-scenes stuff and the mission files.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I nearly jumped on subscribing very early on -then, had a tinge of concern and held back. Glad I did.
      "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

I just skipped my way through the entire feature cut -- good quality and subtitles for when they are speaking Egyptian -- 1080p.

I'm not gonna say where I found it, because that's not allowed here but I'm not sorry.

When the DVD is released -- probably never -- I might buy it but it should have plenty of extras to make it worthwhile. And audio commentaries by the main cast -- and definitely Aylam Orian. He's a good egg.

Comment

I'm new and my comments were in a review queue so I'm not sure anyone saw them. I'm also curious if the 'feature cut' had anything addition not in the individual episodes? ?
          Originally posted by thedevilman View Post
          Hey hey. I'm new here but had to join after finding out about Origins. I only just found out. Don't know how I missed that news but I guess I've been unplugged from SG for awhile too long I suppose.

I was super excited at first but the reviews I've read don't sound very promising. But the All-Access might still be worth it for all the other shows and episodes. Do you guys think it's worth it? Is watching it on iTunes with that digital code any better than just watching the single episodes? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Because that holds no water for Stargate Origins, the Dial Home interviews, the behind-the-scenes stuff and the mission files.
            All of which were a part of All-Access with everything else, not as their own separate bundles. I wish they'd have done one if only so I didn't have to keep reading conspiracy theories.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

All of which were a part of All-Access with everything else, not as their own separate bundles. I wish they'd have done one if only so I didn't have to keep reading conspiracy theories.
              The first three "episodes" of Origins were released for free worldwide. Occasionally, they also temporarily put an episode of SG-1 or Atlantis on YouTube and is available worldwide. If there are legal or copyright issues, how can they do that?

The copyrights and trademarks of Stargate are owned entirely by MGM, they can do whatever they want with it. Legal issues, especially with distribution, are possible, mainly because the three original series were made in collaboration with "SyFy" (ugh). As for the movie, either Fox or Lionsgate has international distribution rights (I think it was Fox for the TV shows and Lionsgate for the movie). But Origins is owned entirely by MGM.

It's not hard to put two and two together and MGM hasn't done anything to prove us wrong. I'm definitely not shelling out almost the same price of an All-Access pass just to get Origins. If people enjoy it, fine. But MGM will have to put out all stops to get me to invest. There has been no response from MGM about anything. It's normal that people start wondering what's going on, especially those who had been left out since the beginning.

Comment

For free. That's something else to consider. They're not earning cash from those which would again suggest to me that's restricted by monetary/licensing issues. We don't know the whole truth behind this. I just refuse to jump on board the repetitive and boring bash-train that is about MGM's evil.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The way they’ve run it, I’m not even convinced MGM has been a participant. Yes I know, they own the rights, but the whole process has the feel of it being done by a handful of dedicated fans trying to prove to an uninterested MGM that it’s worth investing in.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just refuse to jump on board the repetitive and boring bash-train that is about MGM's evil.
                    Problem of cours, I for one, never implied MGM is evil. I'm just calling out their business model.

You made it all about conspiricies and evil-doing. I'm amused though that's what you think is the problem.

Dude, if they had come out in the beginning and said, we can't distribute this around the globe because we have license/broadcast contracts in place that prevent such a thing. I would have moved on.
                    I would still have put a whole lot of people on ignore for spoiling the shiznit out of Origins but I would have left it alone.

Instead they decided to give us the "We're working on it line..." and "...keep your eyes on the feed cause we're working on it."

If there's one thing I hate more than anything else, it's dishonesty and it's pretty damning to their reputation.

Comment

For free. That's something else to consider. They're not earning cash from those which would again suggest to me that's restricted by monetary/licensing issues. We don't know the whole truth behind this. I just refuse to jump on board the repetitive and boring bash-train that is about MGM's evil.
                      For free, for beans, for coffee, for beer, or for money, it doesn't matter. If distribution rights or whatever prevents them from giving us All-Access, then they also aren't allowed to do it for free.

I also don't think MGM is evil, just stupid and ignorant. Like Falcon Horus said, we keep hearing "we're working on it", or "keep an eye on the feed", or worse, complete silence. If we kindly ask what the problem is, again the same responses. Is that good? Is that normal? Should that convince me to invest in this?

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                        I also don't think MGM is evil, just stupid and ignorant. Like Falcon Horus said, we keep hearing "we're working on it", or "keep an eye on the feed", or worse, complete silence. If we kindly ask what the problem is, again the same responses. Is that good? Is that normal? Should that convince me to invest in this?
                        Nope, cause customer service leaves much to be desired.

Comment

MGM normally seems pretty anti-iTunes when it comes to most of their other digital code distribution. For example, they have supported UltraViolet via Vudu UV codes but not iTunes or MoviesAnywhere. So it's odd that the digital code for this one is iTunes only.

Comment

MGM normally seems pretty anti-iTunes when it comes to most of their other digital code distribution. For example, they have supported UltraViolet via Vudu UV codes but not iTunes or MoviesAnywhere. So it's odd that the digital code for this one is iTunes only.
                            That's a strange thing to say especially since they have a contract with Apple iTunes since approx. 2007 about the distribution of their movie catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              That's a strange thing to say especially since they have a contract with Apple iTunes since approx. 2007 about the distribution of their movie catalogue.
                              That may be the case but pretty much all their movies can be found at all the other big streaming services as well. But what I'm really referring to is that their digital 'codes' are almost exclusively for UV and/or Vudu only. I've been tracking digital codes very closely for years.

The only iTunes digital codes that I'm aware of are these...
                              • Fame
                              • Hot Tub Time Machine
                              • The Pink Panther 2
                              • Stargate Origins: Catherine (Feature Cut)

And here are all the digital codes that have existed for Vudu and/or UV over the years...
                              • 007 x24 (All James Bond movies.)
                              • Bull Durham
                              • Carrie (Remake)
                              • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
                              • Dances with Wolves
                              • Death Wish (Remake)
                              • The Delta Force
                              • The Great Escape
                              • Guns of the Magnificent Seven
                              • Fistful of Dollars
                              • For a Few Dollars More
                              • The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
                              • Hang 'Em High
                              • Hercules (2014)
                              • Hoosiers
                              • Hot Pursuit
                              • If I Stay
                              • It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
                              • Jeepers Creepers
                              • Jeepers Creepers 2
                              • Killer Klowns From Outer Space
                              • Mad Max
                              • The Magnificent Seven
                              • The Magnificent Seven (Remake)
                              • The Magnificent Seven Ride!
                              • Misery
                              • Platoon
                              • The Princess Bride
                              • Raging Bull
                              • Red Dawn
                              • Red Dawn (Remake)
                              • Return of the Magnificent Seven
                              • Road House
                              • Rob Roy
                              • Robocop
                              • Robocop 2
                              • Robocop 3
                              • Rocky
                              • The Silence of the Lambs
                              • Spaceballs
                              • The Terminator
                              • Tomb Raider (2018)
                              • The Usual Suspects
                              • WarGames
                              • West Side Story

Their codes are almost always managed by Fox, though. A couple managed by WB and a couple by Paramount. I'm sure that has a some to do with it but it's still strange.

Comment

Their codes are almost always managed by Fox, though. A couple managed by WB and a couple by Paramount. I'm sure that has a some to do with it but it's still strange.
                                Ah... you put it like that, I see what you mean.

Sidenote: looks like Daniel, Shvan, Philippe and Aylam are having a good time in my twitter comments...
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 26 June 2018, 11:04 AM. Reason: Name correction

Comment

Working...
                                X