DS9 hole in wall so perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9 hole in wall so perfect

In DS9 civil defence, at 33:16, when they blow that hole in the wall using explosive material, how come the resulting hole is so round & near-perfect in shape?

Because the prop or set department made it so. Keep in mind that a show is designed from a filming perspective first, internal story logic second. Explosion holes are almost always of a convenient size and nature in shows.

Comment

hmm.. is there a way i can upload the 10 second clip to youtube to post here, or is that banned / illegal?

Comment

Pretty sure you can do that but I know the bit you're talking about. It's just a oversight in production. Like the script probably called for either the explosion being caused some other way or that it called for a larger or more rounded stack of explosive material.

If you want an in universe reason - The ore cart weakened that area of the door when they tried ramming it against it at first (since it had a circular ram on the front) so that was the part of the door that buckled in the explosion.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          The ore cart weakened that area of the door when they tried ramming it against it at first (since it had a circular ram on the front) so that was the part of the door that buckled in the explosion.
          thanks.. I think the circular ram on the front of the cart was only small, maybe 20cm in diameter but the hole in the wall was a perfect 1.5metres

Comment

maybe not the bit i was talking about but it adds more questions:

https://youtu.be/UQxHwLZnF_4

Why are the flames so perfectly lined either side of the jeffries tube, how does jake have superhuman strength, why does sisko press parts that aren't buttons and they beep as if they are?

Comment

When he moves O'brian? I always took that as adrenaline and that he is a healthy teenager. Plus Miles might have helped him.
              sigpic

Comment

You can see the chief pushing himself with his leg as Jake helps pull him.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                X