• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lost and the Plunderers (810)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON EIGHT
    THE LOST AND THE PLUNDERERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 810
    Still grieving a profound loss, Michonne and Rick leave Alexandria and turn toward the Heapsters -- only to fall into a trap. Negan and Simon debate the Saviors' next move, and Enid and Aaron must convince Oceanside to keep them alive.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 March 2018, 10:47 PM.

So...was that an attempt at a Tarantino-style directing? If so, it was a pretty miserable failure.

I was laughing so hard during the ‘meat grinder’ bit though. They tried to play it so melodramatically that I wasn’t even sure if they were deliberately being over-the-top, but I was just dying
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was like "I'm never eating chilli again" during the grinder scene, at least that sorts the problem of the dumpster people not being in the comics, just throw them all in the blender.

Comic speculation:
      Spoiler:
      I wonder if they are laying the foundations for Jadus to become Alpha, I know popular opinion is Madison from FTWD is going to become Alpha, and I don't read the comics all that much but the shot of her blood soaked feet and nightie looked a bit similar to Alpha, and talking shorthand like they did is what the whispers do

I like the reference to the helipad by Simon, and Kirkman did say on Talking Dead
      Spoiler:
      that it wasn't placed into 'that scene' for nothing, so at least it proves we're not mad, I think that is how Morgan will make his escape to Texas too, you'll probably find he was a pilot before the apocalypse or something dumb like that and will decide that it is the group that send him over the edge and he must leave to cure himself blah blah finds helicopter, flies off into sunset until fuel runs out (conveniently over Texas where FTWD is next season).
      Last edited by Skydiver; 25 November 2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        I was like "I'm never eating chilli again" during the grinder scene, at least that sorts the problem of the dumpster people not being in the comics, just throw them all in the blender.

Comic speculation:
        Spoiler:
        I wonder if they are laying the foundations for Jadus to become Alpha, I know popular opinion is Madison from FTWD is going to become Alpha, and I don't read the comics all that much but the shot of her blood soaked feet and nightie looked a bit similar to Alpha, and talking shorthand like they did is what the whispers do

I like the reference to the helipad by Simon, and Kirkman did say on Talking Dead that it wasn't placed into 'that scene' for nothing, so at least it proves we're not mad, I think that is how Morgan will make his escape to Texas too, you'll probably find he was a pilot before the apocalypse or something dumb like that and will decide that it is the group that send him over the edge and he must leave to cure himself blah blah finds helicopter, flies off into sunset until fuel runs out (conveniently over Texas where FTWD is next season).
        So you're thinking that FTWD is doing a time jump? That may make more sense than Morgan getting to and from the Texas area during an earlier time in TWD.

My son and I were thinking that Jadis would be a great Alpha from the beginning but couldn't stand the group as a whole, she certainly looked like she was going to a bad place watching the "shredder". That may have been the first thing to turn my stomach a bit.

I'm curious to see what happens to Simon, I'd be surprised if Negan doesn't already know. Wondering what the significance of the blue paint ends up being, Rick and Simon both have it on their boots.

Comment

Honest to dog I thought Rick and Negan's little heart to heart was going to be the beginning of the end of fighting...!

Ah, how wrong could I be.

Lot of things playing out now... 6 episodes til the end... Interesting!

So - FTWD... Do I need to catch up, cos I've not watched more than Ep1...
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            Honest to dog I thought Rick and Negan's little heart to heart was going to be the beginning of the end of fighting...!

Ah, how wrong could I be.

Lot of things playing out now... 6 episodes til the end... Interesting!

So - FTWD... Do I need to catch up, cos I've not watched more than Ep1...
            Yes! Catch up! I know that season 1 and 2 are slower than we're used to but season 3 was great!

Comment

Working...
            X