• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honor (809)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON EIGHT
    HONOR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 809
    With Alexandria under siege Rick and Michonne must come to terms with the fate of an ailing Carl. Meanwhile Carol and Morgan try to rescue Ezekiel from his fate at the hands of the Saviors.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 March 2018, 12:27 AM.

The only thing I didn't foresee was the visions being Carl's dream and not Rick's, part of me also wonders whether that explanation was a cop out to explain why Carl was in the 8x01 one, simply because if they were Carl's, why does Carl dream of his dad walking with a cane when he hasn't broken his leg yet?

Seems an awfully specific detail for a flash forward dream scene from someone who obviously can't predict the future.

Also that last scene, is that the point where Morgan leaves? Morgan seems to have gone off the deep end and I don't think he'd be too happy with Rick turning tail and not wanting to kill them all now, maybe they have a fight and Morgan stabs Rick with his pole? Rick also seems to have a broken leg too, I wonder if they are swapping up quiet a bit of the story now, since there's no real need to follow the source material anymore.

Comment

I've read a lot of complaints that the episode took too long, but I thought it was beautifully done and he deserved a send off. For me it was crushing, especially when he was confessing about killing the boy at the prison. Making Henry killing Gavin that much worse. The old Rick scene finally made some sense as being Carl's dream for the future, I'm not going to read too much into it though.

I think Morgan is so off the deep end he is going to get himself killed.

Comment

Hell of a vision Karl had... Negan! Arrgghhh!

Bye bye, Karl. I'm glad they gave him basically the whole story to die, but interspersed with the other storyline. Tyrone received as much (and was less deserving), so although at times it felt a little bit hurry-up-and-die-Trinity!, for the most part they kept it progressing.

My hope was that seeing the boy kill Gavin may be enough to bring Morgan back... but - who knows. His character has never had mental stability. I like him, but do wish he could come back to sane land - a bit like when Rick lost it in the Prison era - I felt like the show was losing itself too down the rabbit hole. (And hey, walker-apocalypse, dead wife, dead son, dead guy who tried to redeem you, dead left right and centre... Yes, losing your sanity is entirely understandable.)

Not having read the novels I'm just along for the ride. Would be interesting to know if there's any kind of requirements for the tv series to include certain aspects of the novels. I gather certainly thus far that whilst there's been deviations, the path taken has been moderately similar. I think if they opted to go a completely new path at this point would alienate the novel fans. Best to head in the same direction, even if taking a different route.
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

They don't have to follow the comics, Gimple even said he wanted to follow the comics closer at one point but something happened and they went in the other direction, killing Coral could even pave the way for some original content in the era where the time jump takes place.

I rather suspect they saw the nosediving viewership figures and thought we've got to shake things up and make it less predictable, ah let's kill Coral, only problem with that is it alienated the all important core demographic even more and now Scott Gimple has effectively been fired (it's a promotion to oversee the brand) so he's no longer show runner so anything he had planned post All Out War we may never see.

Comment

I binged watched seasons 5-8 recently. When I got to this episode, I just couldn't watch the show for a least a month. I was I still don't know how I feel about this choice of direction even when I got through the rest of season 8. I felt season 6 for me was when the show started losing focus. I still wanted to follow the characters. I was just disppointed in many things that were done. I'll eventually get around to season 9. Hoping for the best.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I think when the characters were split up after Terminus,
              Spoiler:
              whilst it was great for character development, I was just waiting for everyone to get back together. Then they get back together, and - character development stagnates again... :}

As it's turned out, Carl's death was the beginning of the end for the original characters - or at least most of the remaining few. There does I think appear to be some good fresh blood entering in S9... so fingers crossed they keep the show interesting.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 25 November 2019, 07:14 PM.
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

Working...
              X