No announcement yet.

Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presumably on a database somewhere, but then again, it wouldn't shock me if they failed to back up client data. I'm not too fussed - I only paid for the first year and then didn't bother to re-up. Since I have all the DVDs/BDs anyway, have no interest in the books or comics, and the forum sucks, there wasn't a lot of draw for me to give them any more money.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Presumably on a database somewhere, but then again, it wouldn't shock me if they failed to back up client data. I'm not too fussed - I only paid for the first year and then didn't bother to re-up. Since I have all the DVDs/BDs anyway, have no interest in the books or comics, and the forum sucks, there wasn't a lot of draw for me to give them any more money.
      Oh, I thought you still had an AAP, which they are generally quicker to reply to -- but not by much.

I mean, Gatecast was supposedly returning before the end of June but last I caught them saying was it would be back "soon" with a few other updates. So, I reckon by the time the AAP'ers have to re-up again so probably around September to December. But I'm not holding my breath.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It is sad if you have given up as well. Are you sure you have used the email / password combination? Probably you are aware of it, but earlier everyone must have loged in with user name / password, nut now they need your email. When I have asked for the password reminder it has arrived 20 minutes later... So it is working theoratically. Just check your spam folder too.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I knew this for a while, but didn't think much of it until now. On the original site pretty much all quizzes and features were free for everyone. Just the actual "content" (series, movies, comics, mission files) were AAP. Then came the new site and now most of the quizzes and features are AAP exclusive.

Now there's something much worse. AAP 48 hour Freeview. As in, those features are available for everyone for 48 hours, after which they become AAP exclusive... It started with "How well do you know Stargate Atlantis: Season 2", and now Season 3 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
            I knew this for a while, but didn't think much of it until now. On the original site pretty much all quizzes and features were free for everyone. Just the actual "content" (series, movies, comics, mission files) were AAP. Then came the new site and now most of the quizzes and features are AAP exclusive.

Now there's something much worse. AAP 48 hour Freeview. As in, those features are available for everyone for 48 hours, after which they become AAP exclusive... It started with "How well do you know Stargate Atlantis: Season 2", and now Season 3 as well.
            For Goa'uld's sake... how further down the rabbit hole can that place go?!

Comment

This is so pathetic. I haven't logged in since I have left them behind. I have to admit it was hard to give-up my SG life on the SGC, but they have managed to accelerate it with their betrayal. Then I have gone through some stages of grief reaction. Deny, anger, disappointment and now I have reached that one when it doesn't matter anymore. It sill hurts, I still miss the spotlight, but it was time to move on and let the other fans shine, while I couldn't get over how they have deleted everything.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I feel bad enough about the lazy ass collages I did, I can imagine how you feel. Your work was a pretty good portion of the feed they called a forum. There was a lot of fanwork there that I enjoyed seeing, it’s what inspired me to participate which is something I’ve never done for any franchise (excluding some Robotech videos set to Top Gun music way back when. Let’s just say they were on a Betamax tape. ) Sad thing is there no longer an outlet for that sort of stuff there now.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                  ...(excluding some Robotech videos set to Top Gun music way back when. Let’s just say they were on a Betamax tape. )...
                  Was that before or after the dinosaurs' extinction?

Comment

Thanks, mooseman. Most of my work is saved on my PC. I have even shared some of them in other threads. The travell quizes were screenshots from GateWorld and the Abydos Gate. The promotional photos, concept arts, JM's blog photos can be also found here in organised folders :
                    http://kepek.csillagkapu.hu/
                    Don't let the Hungarian language to scare you away as most of them are named obviously and I used to make them bilingual anyway.

Comment

Anyone know what became of the "Stargate Command superfans"?

Comment

Last thing I heard was last month on the last Gateworld Podcast. Taylor Underwood aka "The Stargate Guy" from Youtube, who is one of the Superfans was on there and he said that they alll met at Wondercon earlier this year. Afterwards they got the panel together in a room, and they all had to sign an NDA before MGM would tell them whatever it was they were going to tell them.

Comment

I have checked that lady's website who makes the kitchen gloves. And it has said on her FB profile that "don't send friend request unless we have meet personally"... Never mind... By the way how can she sell such items legally which has got characters or graphical elements of different franchises?

Stargate guy is still on YouTube, while Brazat is still the busy with the MW-P gate transformation I am guessing with the French fans. The German lady is probably active on the Stargate Project. But we don't know anything about the remaining 4-5-6 Superfans as they haven't done anything. Okay, maybe it is harsh to state it this way. So they haven't done anything seeable by fans. Maybe they were busy behind the closed doors, but I doubt it. I don't expect anything after so many lies and false promises... Cons can come and go, but they still hasn't anwered the most important basic question : why is there no extension.

And silly me I still want to pay for year 3, so I am lieing even to myself about false hope. My mind says no, but my heart says yes.

Comment

Originally posted by SGCSokar View Post
                            Last thing I heard was last month on the last Gateworld Podcast. Taylor Underwood aka "The Stargate Guy" from Youtube, who is one of the Superfans was on there and he said that they alll met at Wondercon earlier this year. Afterwards they got the panel together in a room, and they all had to sign an NDA before MGM would tell them whatever it was they were going to tell them.
                            I know about the NDA from the Frenchies.

Having signed one myself once for Disney 2 years ago, I have every confidence the Superfans are tapdancing to MGM's tune like you wouldn't believe so I personally don't expect them to be "representatives" of the fandom.

Besides, that whole wondercon thing was half a century ago... year but it feels longer.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            I have checked that lady's website who makes the kitchen gloves. And it has said on her FB profile that "don't send friend request unless we have meet personally"... Never mind... By the way how can she sell such items legally which has got characters or graphical elements of different franchises?
                            Technically she's in a grey zone since she buys the cloth from retailers to make the kitchen gloves so she doesn't actually need a license to sell them since that has been paid for by the people who print the cloth. She just uses the prints to make other stuff.

Probably a good idea not to accept friend requests from people she doesn't know. Although I wouldn't know why you want to be friends with someone you don't know, or have at least met a few times online or offline.
                            If she would say no to requests on twitter or tumblr, that would be more weird. Facebook, not so much.

Cons can come and go, but they still hasn't anwered the most important basic question : why is there no extension.
                            Because... (tick what applies)

[ ] they're working on it -- since September 21, 2017
                            [ ] of license issues -- nevermind those 3 free episodes of Origins and the YouTube broadcasts
                            [ ] MGM doesn't want to comply to local privacy laws -- Germany and the UK are members of the EU, therefore fall under the strict GDPR rules too
                            [ ] it's just for gauging interest
                            [ ] MGM doesn't know there are more fans than there are countries with access
                            [ ] they don't actually care one way or another since every question is skillfully ignored but Stargate fans are still the best fans

And silly me I still want to pay for year 3, so I am lieing even to myself about false hope. My mind says no, but my heart says yes.
                            I would propose a boycott but you know as well as I do, there's no unity among Stargate fans and most aren't even aware that Command is an elite bubble that blocks all but 6 countries, and that "supporting the franchise" is only so much as "supporting MGM" and not the franchise.

98% of all-access members will never stand up for those who have no access.

Comment

I didn't want to add her, just I was checking if any SG related things were shared, but the NDA (sounds like a misspelled DNA) hasn't allowed her to do such things.

It will be funny to hear when they will summarize their first active year and/or they recruit new naive lambs to be Superfans gen. v2.0.

Extensions.... Hmmm please confirm that the geograpy education is not that bad in the USA as it described. Some people could name only continents outside of the USA (like Europe is a country...). So maybe our extension is ... "delayed" as they don't know how many fans are left outside. I don't know, I just try to find logical reason for an illogical action.

Comment

I didn't want to add her, just I was checking if any SG related things were shared, but the NDA (sounds like a misspelled DNA) hasn't allowed her to do such things.
                                I think, to be fair, being a "superfan" is actually a poisoned apple.
                                I don't know if they would have had any candidates if they had known the consequences of their actions -- like that non-disclosure agreemend. Cause those are, literally, nothing to joke about.

We had 20K fines (per day) hanging over our collective heads 2 years ago if anything of our Millenium Falcon project was leaked online. Even now, we are under strict rules not to make the building plans of that thing public.

It will be funny to hear when they will summarize their first active year and/or they recruit new naive lambs to be Superfans gen. v2.0.
                                You know they'll say it was worth it, even it wasn't.
                                Have they gained more foilowers? What have they done for the fandom? What "awesome ideas" got the attention of MGM?

None, just more silence.

Extensions.... Hmmm please confirm that the geograpy education is not that bad in the USA as it described. Some people could name only continents outside of the USA (like Europe is a country...). So maybe our extension is ... "delayed" as they don't know how many fans are left outside. I don't know, I just try to find logical reason for an illogical action.
                                Wasn't going to say that so I ... altered the phrasing a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X