No announcement yet.

Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really don't know what the other Superfans achieved or what role they have played, but I am glad I am not in as these closed mouth policies would make me upset. Normally I am not really an agressive type, rather a non-confrontating peaceful soul, but they have taken away something personal with the deleted chat wall what I can not simply forget. I am thinking about the SGC less and less, so I am on the way of recovery.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

You're doing fine, buddy!

We're here for support.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Aaaaand Stargate Command is kaput. I just received the following email:

Stargate Command Account Closure

AN UPDATE FROM STARGATE COMMAND

Dear Stargate Command member,

These past two years have been a joy for us to interact with you on Stargate Command. We have enjoyed our chats with you in our forums, reading your feedback, and most of all spending time with you at Cons around the world. We’ve learned that while you’ve supported our platform and mission, you prefer to engage with the franchise and fellow fans on communities where you already are: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

As a result, we have elected to end the Stargate Command service. As of 12:00pm US Pacific Time on 12/31/19, the Stargate Command service (both at stargatecommand.co and the Stargate Command apps) will be discontinued and all accounts closed.

We will be transitioning some Stargate Command content to YouTube. You can read more about the discontinuation of the Stargate Command service and the transition to YouTube in our FAQ.

Stargate fans truly are the best fans and we’re excited to continue connecting with you on the channels and via the communities you love.

Sincerely,
        The Stargate Command team
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

kind of saw that this was coming

Comment

Same.

This bit: "We’ve learned that while you’ve supported our platform and mission, you prefer to engage with the franchise and fellow fans on communities where you already are: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube." Well....on one hand, I'm kind of amused at how snippy passive-aggressive that is. But on the other, I'm kind of rolling my eyes -- of course people prefer other platforms, when your approach is a buggy, user-unfriendly platform that's administered by people whose only moderation/growth/troubleshooting tactic is "radio silence." How clueless are you? There were a thousand ways to make Stargate Command a better experience, and you didn't listen to a single suggestion.

Ah well. I'd given up on it quite a while ago anyway, so I'm not upset at all.
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 31 October 2019, 02:51 PM.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry... but this is gold

Okay, so it is pretty nice, albeit far too late, that exclusive content now becomes plainly available on YouTube. Though I'll have to see how much exactly.

However, what does this mean for the existing series and movies? Will they go back to other streaming services again, now the "the official home of Stargate" is gone?

Comment

I should have linked the closure article here instead of the spin-off thread. Oops. My bad.

So all the Superfan contest, the posh new app, the mass erase of fan life, the promises were for nothing. I don't know what have they expected. Simply a few thousand paying fans won't maintain their precious app and they haven't dony anything to change their business modell (extension, more new and original content, foreign subtitles, foreign audio tracks). I am sorry guys, if you read this comment, but you have failed and you have let us down.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Aaaaand Stargate Command is kaput.
                  Raise your hands if you did not see that one coming... Come on, let me see those hands!

Anyone?

....you prefer to engage with the franchise and fellow fans on communities where you already are: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

As a result, we have elected to end the Stargate Command service.... [snip]

We will be transitioning some Stargate Command content to YouTube.
                  "...which won't cost us a single dime."

Okay, probably a little dime, but far less than paying for servers to keep a dedicated streaming service running, which according to the GW article on the front page, a mere 75,000 subscribers. Literally 0.01% of the fandom population -- and likely they make no difference there between all-access and no-access.

Stargate fans truly are the best fans and we’re excited to continue connecting with you on the channels and via the communities you love.
                  -- this gets me every time... so freaking sincere... [/end sarcasm]

....I'm kind of rolling my eyes -- of course people prefer other platforms, when your approach is a buggy, user-unfriendly platform that's administered by people whose only moderation/growth/troubleshooting tactic is "radio silence." How clueless are you? There were a thousand ways to make Stargate Command a better experience, and you didn't listen to a single suggestion.
                  I guess they were "working on it"...

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Literally the first reaction I had reading the news on twitter.

Oh, I'm sorry... but this is gold

24 karates gold...

Okay, so it is pretty nice, albeit far too late, that exclusive content now becomes plainly available on YouTube. Though I'll have to see how much exactly.
                  They'll probably continue to geoblock... Anywho, I'm curious though. I might actually subscribe to their silly channel.

However, what does this mean for the existing series and movies? Will they go back to other streaming services again, now the "the official home of Stargate" is gone?
                  That is the bigger question, but I think it's back to DVD's and BR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I should have linked the closure article here instead of the spin-off thread. Oops. My bad.

So all the Superfan contest, the posh new app, the mass erase of fan life, the promises were for nothing. I don't know what have they expected. Simply a few thousand paying fans won't maintain their precious app and they haven't dony anything to change their business modell (extension, more new and original content, foreign subtitles, foreign audio tracks). I am sorry guys, if you read this comment, but you have failed and you have let us down.
                    There will probably not be any changes to the Superfan panel, because the Stargate Command "community", or social media channels to be more specific, will remain. It's just the site and associated app that will be shut down. Other than that though, it probably won't change a whole lot for the international support (languages and such).

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      There will probably not be any changes to the Superfan panel, because the Stargate Command "community", or social media channels to be more specific, will remain. It's just the site and associated app that will be shut down. Other than that though, it probably won't change a whole lot for the international support (languages and such).
                      Considering how little they actually post on twitter... I wouldn't hold my breath of much "action".

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Considering how little they actually post on twitter... I wouldn't hold my breath of much "action".
                        I didn't say anything would improve or change for the better Just that it's unlikely they'll be simply disbanded just because the platform will be shut down.

Comment

I didn't say anything would improve or change for the better Just that it's unlikely they'll be simply disbanded just because the platform will be shut down.
                          Quite frankly, I don't think there's much left to disband.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Quite frankly, I don't think there's much left to disband.
                            Oh, yeah, I'll give you that. Didn't think about that.

Comment

We have really tried everything to support them, but they have pushed themselves into the oblivion. The sad thing is that I really wanted to help them and I was enthusiastic. But anyway we can close this chapter officially and the drama is over.

Comment

Exit left... or whatever side of the stage one exits...

Or bow out...

Fade to black...

Fizzle out...

Go up in smoke...

Die out...

Comment

Working...
                                X