Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen those as well. Bashing RDA's look is disgusting. :/
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

And I put another user on ignore, and Ibo is starting to get on my nerves as well. Goddammit, I hate spammers so much.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I have seen those as well. Bashing RDA's look is disgusting. :/
        Yes, it might as well be 4chan at that point.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And I put another user on ignore, and Ibo is starting to get on my nerves as well. Goddammit, I hate spammers so much.
        More artwork being used without permission on that new account too. Here is the original artist: https://aunexisteamor.deviantart.com...dd-5-118867768
        Is Ariane a member here, to tag her and let her know?

Comment

I have no idea really -- but posts can't be deleted on the stargate command message feed, not by users anyway.

Comment

but posts can't be deleted on the stargate command message feed, not by users anyway.
            Users can't delete their own posts there?!

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
              Users can't delete their own posts there?!
              Nope, you can't delete posts. Comments yes, but posts no. So once, you made a new post and notice you made an error, you can't undo the post and start over. Comments on the other hand, can be deleted and redone (since there's no editbutton).

You can also not delete your account. You have to send a mail to support and have them purge you from the system (and the purge is complete, cannot be recovered -- I asked and nearly got deleted for my troubles of asking because they thought I wanted to delete my account).

Comment

Nope, you can't delete posts.
                Wow, that is terrible. So, basically, asking them to delete the posts is a waste of time, because they can't do it anyhow.

With the reprehensible comments about RDA, the spamming, and no response after so many days about the art theft, it gives the impression the whole place is unmonitored and vigilante justice is the only option. And, with so few features and lack of monitoring, it also seems like not much is being invested in the site and that it is not meant to last much beyond the streaming period. I think FH is correct, that activity on the site will come to a standstill after that, if not after SO is done airing. If that happens, I can't say that I will miss the RDA mocking posts, the art theft, or the spam. MGM deleted their lovely original Stargate site and put up the newer, smaller site as it is. I miss that old site so much! But, I digress...

To the artists reading this, be aware that there are people over there who will try to get you to upload your full resolution art there when you call out the theft, saying the site is "official" and that doing so is the only "legal" way. Yeah, right, as if we should be giving the thieves our full size versions after they already tried to steal the smaller versions by blowing them up on their monitors and taking blurry, pixilated screencaps. Nice try, not falling for that.

There are also accounts there with names such as "helpdesk" which are not mods. Not to mention account names referring to character genitalia people get away with there too.
                Last edited by WraithTech; 27 February 2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

There is one official account @StargateCommand, and there's someone named @JaffaCakes -- I think he's one of the officials as well.

Comment

Thank you, FH. I will message him about my art. (I can't message on behalf of other artists, because only the original artists can state they did not give permission to upload.)

Comment

FYI - Apple's support link to report issues with apps on their store. There are options to email and chat.
                      https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=psp&SG=SG005

Comment

I know of at least one person who got their money back with the help that support so they definitely listen.

Comment

I would like other stargate content on the site. for example Big Finish or fandomonium.

I already have the DVDs, so the streaming service is a bit wasted on me. But there are novels and audio novels I'm interested in.
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                            I would like other stargate content on the site. for example Big Finish or fandomonium.

I already have the DVDs, so the streaming service is a bit wasted on me. But there are novels and audio novels I'm interested in.
                            If it isn't owned by MGM solely, then I don't think they'll add it to the site. They do have links to the American Mythology comics but they don't have links to -- let's say -- Amazon or wherever else you can buy them. The books are property of Fandemonium and Big Finish, which have a license from MGM to publish the audiobooks and books, but they in turn are not owned by MGM so it's very unlikely you'll see them appear.

Comment

For the record, if you flag people enough, the support team will take notice eventually (albeit I can't tell you how many times I have been flagged before they send me an email about it), but the flagging system definitely works and they definitely pay attention to it.

Just flag the posters with the artwork enough, and they'll eventually get flagged for it.

Comment

My takedown request ticket is still ongoing. The @StargateCommand account asked me to write to the customer support email, along with my name and SC username. Of the 3 of my artworks that I am aware of, 2 of the posts now return 404 screens and 1 is still there and will hopefully also be removed soon.

I am sorry to hear about people downvoting/flagging you for asking people not to post spoilers and to offer tips to others who don't want to see spoilery, FH. SC seems more geared to All-Access members, while GW seems more generalized. I have chosen to post about Origins here, because, by the time the All-Access material is released (episodes and extras such as mission files), if they are ever released, it will be much easier to find the related threads on this site's layout to be able to join conversations about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X