Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

I haven't found a pro-Stargate : Command thread here, so I hope you don't mind to create it. It would be nice if we could collect any ideas, suggetions, problems how to upgrade and improve the website, because that platform could be the future of Stargate. So look around at the Stargate : Command website and we will try to send some feedback from here as well.

So let's begin
    1. The forum looks a bit messy already. I don't know what will happen if thousands of fans will open threads every day. How could we see what will interest me and what won't ?

2. I don't like that their is no edit button for my post. I have made a few grammatical errors, so I wish I could re-write them.

3. I believe the window of the response should be bigger in the forum. I can see only one line and it is a bit hard that to scroll down.

4. The season screen could be done better. It is a bit strange that you have to scroll to right to see season 6-10 for SG-1. It would have been better if you could choose just the series then it will open a subpage for every season then for every episodes.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

It's pointless to post that here -- send that feedback to Stargate Command support --> [email protected].

They read their mails cause I nearly had my account deleted when I enquired about there not being a link or button to do so (you have to inform them you want to be forgotten and you will be completely erased from existence if you reply 'yes').

I doubt the edit button's gonna happen any time soon -- we've been asking for it since the beginning. It should be a standard feature to a message feed which holds the middle between tumblr chaos and twitter (limited characters included).

Make no mistake -- that message hell is no forum. Gateworld is a proper forum. And if they want to continue they should seriously invest in proper forum software.

And 1000s -- the moment all-access disappears, that place will be dead...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      And if they want to continue they should seriously invest in proper forum software.
      Also, invest in more mods with a clear way to contact them. A flag button with no way to explain why the post or comment is being flagged doesn't work.

Comment

There is a lot of art theft going on over there. People steal it and present it as their own, to get coins. Not cool.

There are at least 3 of mine there and I have reported them. There should be a way to tag other artists, to let them know their work has been stolen too.

Comment

FH: They also replied to my email. If I open the site on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S7) then I could simply not post anything in the forum as I couldn't find the (+) button in the right corner. If I open it on my PC, I could also hardly find to log out part, because they have really hidden well within "my profile" then some gear button on the right side. Strange.

Just I don't understand the forum either. It rather looks a message board, where everbody can start a 1-2 sentences long thread.

WT: Good point, I haven't considered such things.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            FH: They also replied to my email. If I open the site on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S7) then I could simply not post anything in the forum as I couldn't find the (+) button in the right corner. If I open it on my PC, I could also hardly find to log out part, because they have really hidden well within "my profile" then some gear button on the right side. Strange.
            Yup, that's been that way since the beginning.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Just I don't understand the forum either. It rather looks a message board, where everbody can start a 1-2 sentences long thread.
            Because it's not a forum, it is a messagefeed. Like a combo of Tumblr and twitter. There's no order, though you can search if the poster bothered to put in a hashtag.
            And the short sentences -- there's a character limit which used to be 100, but was recently upped to 250.

WraithTech
            I always try to tag the proper owners of the artwork in the postings but sometimes I'm clueless as to the artists, which makes it hard to make sure everybody knows whom to credit.

Comment

Just when we introduced something on our own SG website, I always tried to test every functions what the potential users can click. I believe they need more feedback and maybe there would be some upgrades. I am hopelessly naive, I know.

Comment

I always try to tag the proper owners of the artwork in the postings but sometimes I'm clueless as to the artists, which makes it hard to make sure everybody knows whom to credit.
                Oh, these people know (and I suspect it is really 1 person with many sockpuppets who was banned here years ago for sockpuppetry as it is) and they pass the art off as their own, re-titling it and everything.

On a related note, I've seen some people over there asking for the ability to give others coins and predict a number of sockpuppet accounts will be combining their coins into their main accounts if that comes to pass. There are too many accounts there with similar names, posting similar types of posts and with similar writing voices.

So, another suggestion would be to scan for alt accounts.
                Last edited by WraithTech; 25 February 2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                  On a related note, I've seen some people over there asking for the ability to give others coins and predict a number of sockpuppet accounts will be combining their coins into their main accounts if that comes to pass. There are too many accounts there with similar names, posting similar types of posts and with similar writing voices.

So, another suggestion would be to scan for alt accounts.
                  I had not thought about that sockpuppeteering quite like that. That's a good point.

If they want to keep their message feed viable, they'll gonna have to step in and do something about it because they won't be able to keep it going the way it is now.

Comment

The main account misrepresenting artwork as their own made a nice slip up. It is an alleged "family" account, but they just referred to themselves in the singular, as "my" account, rather than "our" account. Yes, this is very familiar. I took a screencap. People like this are why GateWorld has Probie status and active mods. I loaded up my stolen artwork with comments that it was stolen. It has been 48 hours and the thieves don't care and no response yet from customer support after tech support passed my request to some other team. TopFan, or whoever owns the place, is not doing MGM any favors and MGM needs to get them to do their jobs.
                    Last edited by WraithTech; 26 February 2018, 07:10 AM.

Comment

The main account misrepresenting artwork as their own made a nice slip up. It is an alleged "family" account, but they just referred to themselves in the singular, as "my" account, rather than "our" account.
                      Ah, I know which you mean. They are allegedly a mother and her son. And the son started out trolling the feed with messages, and when others asked him to stop with the spamming and to keep it down a little, his mother stepped in claiming he was being bullied. I have the account on ignore, cause of the constant spamming.

I loaded up my stolen artwork with comments that it was stolen. It had been 48 hours and the thieves don't care and no response yet from customer support after tech support passed my request to some other team. TopFan, or whoever owns the place, is not doing MGM any favors and MGM needs to get them to do their jobs.
                      TopFan is the company that build the template, MGM is using to operate Stargate Command. Basically, you're going round in circles.

I suggest calling them out publicly on the feed and making sure everyone knows they're not the owners of the art.

Comment

They are allegedly a mother and her son.
                        YES!!! Allegedly being they key word I would use also. I think they are the same accounts from other Stargate sites, where, a few years ago, they were an alleged father, mother, and daughter. The "father" was only active a little, the "daughter" was the main account, and the "mother" would claim bullying and/or mediate for her "daughter" when the "daughter" stirred up people or when others fought on the "daughter's" threads. The daughter account probably got too old to carry the charade, having been allegedly in university at the time, and so now there is a new "family" with a "son."

I suggest calling them out publicly on the feed and making sure everyone knows they're not the owners of the art.
                        Done. Now, I wait to see if the "mom" claims the "child" did it on both the "family" account and "her" account and that the child didn't know any better.

Comment

YES!!! Allegedly being they key word I would use also. I think they are the same accounts from other Stargate sites, where, a few years ago, they were an alleged father, mother, and daughter. The "father" was only active a little, the "daughter" was the main account, and the "mother" would claim bullying and/or mediate for her "daughter" when the "daughter" stirred up people or when others fought on the "daughter's" threads. The daughter account probably got too old to carry the charade, having been allegedly in university at the time, and so now there is a new "family" with a "son."
                          Holy crap, some people really have too much time on their hands...

Comment

Another thing SC needs to do:
                            Clean up the many posts insulting the cast members, on a personal level, about their appearances. That is disrespectful.

Comment

Another thing SC needs to do:
                              Clean up the many posts insulting the cast members, on a personal level, about their appearances. That is disrespectful.
                              Yup, it's in the rules here and it definitely should be there too. Or criticise their personal lives.

Comment

Working...
                              X