Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTech View Post
    Users can't delete their own posts there?!
    Nope, you can't delete posts. Comments yes, but posts no. So once, you made a new post and notice you made an error, you can't undo the post and start over. Comments on the other hand, can be deleted and redone (since there's no editbutton).

You can also not delete your account. You have to send a mail to support and have them purge you from the system (and the purge is complete, cannot be recovered -- I asked and nearly got deleted for my troubles of asking because they thought I wanted to delete my account).
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Nope, you can't delete posts.
    Wow, that is terrible. So, basically, asking them to delete the posts is a waste of time, because they can't do it anyhow.

With the reprehensible comments about RDA, the spamming, and no response after so many days about the art theft, it gives the impression the whole place is unmonitored and vigilante justice is the only option. And, with so few features and lack of monitoring, it also seems like not much is being invested in the site and that it is not meant to last much beyond the streaming period. I think FH is correct, that activity on the site will come to a standstill after that, if not after SO is done airing. If that happens, I can't say that I will miss the RDA mocking posts, the art theft, or the spam. MGM deleted their lovely original Stargate site and put up the newer, smaller site as it is. I miss that old site so much! But, I digress...

To the artists reading this, be aware that there are people over there who will try to get you to upload your full resolution art there when you call out the theft, saying the site is "official" and that doing so is the only "legal" way. Yeah, right, as if we should be giving the thieves our full size versions after they already tried to steal the smaller versions by blowing them up on their monitors and taking blurry, pixilated screencaps. Nice try, not falling for that.

There are also accounts there with names such as "helpdesk" which are not mods. Not to mention account names referring to character genitalia people get away with there too.
    Last edited by WraithTech; February 27th, 2018 at 05:10 AM.
    ~~~Stargate Wraith Mania Stargate Atlantis Wraith fan reference site~~~

There is one official account @StargateCommand, and there's someone named @JaffaCakes -- I think he's one of the officials as well.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Lieutenant General

Thank you, FH. I will message him about my art. (I can't message on behalf of other artists, because only the original artists can state they did not give permission to upload.)

Lieutenant General

FYI - Apple's support link to report issues with apps on their store. There are options to email and chat.
    https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=psp&SG=SG005

I know of at least one person who got their money back with the help that support so they definitely listen.

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

I would like other stargate content on the site. for example Big Finish or fandomonium.

I already have the DVDs, so the streaming service is a bit wasted on me. But there are novels and audio novels I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    I would like other stargate content on the site. for example Big Finish or fandomonium.

I already have the DVDs, so the streaming service is a bit wasted on me. But there are novels and audio novels I'm interested in.
    If it isn't owned by MGM solely, then I don't think they'll add it to the site. They do have links to the American Mythology comics but they don't have links to -- let's say -- Amazon or wherever else you can buy them. The books are property of Fandemonium and Big Finish, which have a license from MGM to publish the audiobooks and books, but they in turn are not owned by MGM so it's very unlikely you'll see them appear.

For the record, if you flag people enough, the support team will take notice eventually (albeit I can't tell you how many times I have been flagged before they send me an email about it), but the flagging system definitely works and they definitely pay attention to it.

Just flag the posters with the artwork enough, and they'll eventually get flagged for it.

Lieutenant General

My takedown request ticket is still ongoing. The @StargateCommand account asked me to write to the customer support email, along with my name and SC username. Of the 3 of my artworks that I am aware of, 2 of the posts now return 404 screens and 1 is still there and will hopefully also be removed soon.

I am sorry to hear about people downvoting/flagging you for asking people not to post spoilers and to offer tips to others who don't want to see spoilery, FH. SC seems more geared to All-Access members, while GW seems more generalized. I have chosen to post about Origins here, because, by the time the All-Access material is released (episodes and extras such as mission files), if they are ever released, it will be much easier to find the related threads on this site's layout to be able to join conversations about them.

My takedown request ticket is still ongoing. The @StargateCommand account asked me to write to the customer support email, along with my name and SC username. Of the 3 of my artworks that I am aware of, 2 of the posts now return 404 screens and 1 is still there and will hopefully also be removed soon.
    I noticed posts and comments have disappeared. I have a feeling they have finally realized they may need moderation, though I have a feeling that it will not be to the benefit of all. Paying customers are after all more valuable than none paying customers so... I can see where that could be going. I think they should just go for it, and close the whole thing down for freebies. Literally make the entire site VIP only.

I am sorry to hear about people downvoting/flagging you for asking people not to post spoilers and to offer tips to others who don't want to see spoilery, FH.
    It's my frustrated language that has gotten me some flags, but yeah, there are actually people going out of their way to downvote every single one of my posts. And they're not even hiding that they're doing it. But it's my word against theirs and since there's no moderation -- there's little I can do about it. And I don't flag post so easily unless they're really offensive so if they want to downvote cause they can do so (by the way, none of that is anonymous), I'll let them. I'll call them out on it but never get a response, just more negatives in my timeline.

Lieutenant General

Paying customers are after all more valuable than none paying customers
    Yes, that thought crossed had my mind and was a bit intimidating, with me not knowing the controls there and not having All Access Ascended status. But paying or not, artwork takedown requests have to be respected.

But it's my word against theirs
    That sounds like mobbing, FH. Frustrating is the word. The downvote buttons need to just go away. Thank goodness GateWorld doesn't have hit and run downvotes like that. It makes for chaos and animosity.

That sounds like mobbing, FH. Frustrating is the word. The downvote buttons need to just go away. Thank goodness GateWorld doesn't have hit and run downvotes like that. It makes for chaos and animosity.
    Well, I made the decision to just quietly disappear into the woodwork... or more accurately, the background of zeros and ones over on the other side. I wasn't going to continue the rewatch posts, but I can just drop em off and remain quiet as a church mouse. Not many people will miss me, I reckon.

Lieutenant General

Well, I made the decision to just quietly disappear into the woodwork...
    Until having to submit the takedown requests, I had been happily in the woodwork there and want to return there again. The quizzes are fun, but, based on the things noted in this thread, the forum there is not the kind of place I want to post in.

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

Is Stargate Infinity fully owned by MGM? I've always been curious to see it, but could never justify paying actual money for the DVD set... (though if I see it in a bargain bin/second hand store for less £1 - I may pick it up). I'd be cool if they put it on.

Lieutenant General

Is Stargate Infinity fully owned by MGM? I've always been curious to see it, but could never justify paying actual money for the DVD set... (though if I see it in a bargain bin/second hand store for less £1 - I may pick it up). I'd be cool if they put it on.
    Ask your local librarians if they have the DVDs, can do an inter-library loan, or partner with a digital service, such as Hoopla. Hoopla tip: Watch it mid-month, because there are 26 episodes and Hoopla allows 25 borrows per month, which resets at the 1st of each month.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/10082760
    Last edited by WraithTech; March 4th, 2018 at 11:35 AM.

Is Stargate Infinity fully owned by MGM?
    It's a co-production between MGM and DiC Entertainment (according to my Google search). The latter doesn't exist anymore. It was bought by the Cookie Jar Group which was in turn acquired by DHX Media (a Canadian entertainment company).

Lieutenant General

Art theft update: It still has not been deleted, in spite of the person who did it saying 2x that it was a mistake, once publicly and once to the mods. I truly do not understand why this hasn’t been taken care of by now and am disappointed.

Also, a note of caution: there are very familiar offsite Stargate-related places being advertised there, on their 3rd or 4th iterations. Before joining such a board, if at all, it would be wise to use a separate email address, just for that forum, and unique ID separate from other Stargate IDs. This is because mods can be promoted at any time, giving them access to your personal data. It’s not like GW where the same mod list has been stable over the years. Also, one might want create a test board with a few test IDs, to see what the mods there see. I had joined such a board years ago and received unwanted emails and spam after having left and I do suspect the problems I am having with the art theft are related.

Update: My stolen art was deleted as of yesterday. Thank goodness!
    Last edited by WraithTech; March 15th, 2018 at 07:16 AM.

Well, looks like the place is bleeding out.

There are hardly any no-access people around anymore, so those who remain falsely believe everyone has access because that's all they see nowadays. The whole place is a freaking lie -- "the hub of all things stargate" -- bunch of elite BS.

As soon as all-access goes, life support can be turned off.

For the record, you are now able to delete posts yourself. This was not possible before (I don't know how long this has been in place though).

I just deleted a few of mine and I'll continue to clean house.