Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
    NO.
    This is not about any of that. Yes, those are issues. And yes, they need to be discussed.

But this is not the time. THIS is not about that. THIS campaign is about the most important aspect to all of this; that being the very survival of the Stargate franchise as we know it. Everything else is secondary to that. We'll get to those things in due time but the LAST thing we need right now is for other issues to cloud the conversation and get in the way of the main goal.
    You're getting awfully angry I'm guessing.

I'll leave one thing: Stargate isn't worth reviving if only a small fraction of the worlwide fanbase has access. It is the most important thing, because if anyone outside of the 6 blessed countries support this and a new Stargate is being developed, and they then learn it's not available worldwide, they're probably going to be quite pissed.

We all want new Stargate, and we all want to be able to see it. It's not one or the other, it's both. I do NOT intend to support MGM if they go down the same route as with Origins, and I think a lot of people, and I mean A LOT of people feel the same. There are almost 200 countries in the world, and so far only 6 of those have access to Origins and All-Access; and there are fans everywhere. Before I, and very likely many MANY others, are prepared to support MGM, we need certainty that any future Stargate will be available worldwide in a reasonable amount of time (and it's no longer that difficult to do it immediately or the day after).

Stargate Now is about continuing Stargate for ALL fans. That's why @StargateNow AND @StargateNow_EU exists. I know, I'm a part of it and I see and read all the messages. Even Joseph Mallozzi is saying it.

There is NO point on reviving Stargate if it's only for North America and a few other blessed countries. That's a thing of the past.

Comment

I can understand your frustration and disappointment, but how can a fan write such things to NOT revive more Stargate just because they can't watch it at the moment? You know soon or later it would be released on DVDs, so you can still watch it later...
      Last edited by Platschu; 27 February 2018, 01:04 AM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I can understand your frustration and disappointment, but how can a fan write such things to NOT revive more Stargate just because they can't watch it at the moment? You know soon it or later it would be released on DVDs, so you can still watch it later...
        Because so many of my favorite shows and movies are going down the drain with reboots and terrible revivals, and those are not my most favorite (FYI, it's Stargate and Stargate alone). And it's nice that it may be released on DVDs, again it's not certain, but in the mean time everyone in the 6 countries are nice and comfortable with watching it and posting the hell out of it, not to mention SGC and GateWorld posting articles and images left and right. Honestly, sometimes I feel some of them are acting entitled that they get everything they want and we're the poor beggars living on the streets (not that they are deliberately doing it, but it does feel like it when I'm reading the "forum"). In 2018 it's so much easier to get around the internet and be spoiled for shows. I want to participate with all the fans out there, but I don't like being spoiled or left out. I was almost always left out of everything, now even the biggest "geekdom" is leaving me hanging.

And it's not about Origins at all. I don't even like it that much (I don't hate it, mind you, to me it's a lot like SGU). But it's the uncertainty that if, or when, we get more Stargate, how will it be distributed at release? Come on, it's 2018! While I love to have DVDs/Blu-rays to add to my collection, it's too old-fashioned to have to wait one-and-a-half year after a domestic release to be able to see it (either on local channels that bought the rights, or on DVD/streaming).

My point is that it shouldn't be a matter of sooner or later, but right now. Or at least be able to shield those unlucky fans from the spoiling people who are "lucky" to live in America. At the very least MGM should be honest about why we don't have All-Access and be more straight with us about what's going to happen later.

Comment

Trust me, I understand your point. But we want more Stargate without reboot. The technical difficulties can be solved until they could release the pilot in 2019. Because even if we would succeed and even if they would order a new spinoff after years of waiting, then I doubt it can come this year. Planning, casting, shooting, digital works need months, so we can be lucky if we get something in the first half of 2019.

Until that time maybe we will get 1-2 "cheaper" SG mini-series. If I would be MGM then I would ask 20 dollars every 6 months and that would be acceptable, but then it also means they have to provide some new material within that 6 months. I have heard that so many fans are waiting with the payment now as nobody knows what will happen after May, when this SG "social experiment" will end. Hopefully they won't increase the price and as I said maybe 40 dollars a year or 20 dollars / 6 months would be so-so acceptable.

And hopefully they will admit it they pissed off the fans of the other 194 countries and they will change their mind. So please support the efforts to save this franchise as it is our common, long term goal as fans. Peace.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Trust me, I understand your point. But we want more Stargate without reboot. The technical difficulties can be solved until they could release the pilot in 2019. Because even if we would succeed and even if they would order a new spinoff after years of waiting, then I doubt it can come this year. Planning, casting, shooting, digital works need months, so we can be lucky if we get something in the first half of 2019.

Until that time maybe we will get 1-2 "cheaper" SG mini-series. If I would be MGM then I would ask 20 dollars every 6 months and that would be acceptable, but then it also means they have to provide some new material within that 6 months. I have heard that so many fans are waiting with the payment now as nobody knows what will happen after May, when this SG "social experiment" will end. Hopefully they won't increase the price and as I said maybe 40 dollars a year or 20 dollars / 6 months would be so-so acceptable.

And hopefully they will admit it they pissed off the fans of the other 194 countries and they will change their mind. So please support the efforts to save this franchise as it is our common, long term goal as fans. Peace.
            Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely supporting it. I'm a part of it on Twitter. I just pointed out that it's just as important to let MGM know that there are countless fans outside the 6 countries who would like access, as it is to let them know that we ALL want more Stargate as one big fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
              That's why @StargateNow AND @StargateNow_EU exists. I know, I'm a part of it and I see and read all the messages. Even Joseph Mallozzi is saying it.
              That's all I ask. See you next weekend.

For what it's worth, the reason I'm may not appear to be as bothered by the whole stargatecommand thing as you are (aside from not really caring about getting to watch Origins) is that I'm pretty sure I've figured out MGM's overall gameplan with this and I'm 99.9% sure that if a fourth series becomes a thing, availability will NOT be a problem for any of us. Heck, if I'm right, there's a real chance those of us outside the "blessed countries" will end up getting the better deal in the long run, crazy as that may sound.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                That's all I ask. See you next weekend.

For what it's worth, the reason I'm may not appear to be as bothered by the whole stargatecommand thing as you are (aside from not really caring about getting to watch Origins) is that I'm pretty sure I've figured out MGM's overall gameplan with this and I'm 99.9% sure that if a fourth series becomes a thing, availability will NOT be a problem for any of us. Heck, if I'm right, there's a real chance those of us outside the "blessed countries" will end up getting the better deal in the long run, crazy as that may sound.
                I read ya! I'm just a bit more careful in trusting MGM to do it right. They're not so forthcoming right now, and I don't entirely trust them (yet), having just recovered from bankruptcy and knowing almost every other big company. I guess it's just all the little things adding up.

Comment

Working...
                X