Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why low budget? And new stargate petition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    We'll have to disagree on Lucas but you are correct that low budget doesn't always mean low quality.
    The original Star Wars was made on an absolute shoestring budget.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      The original Star Wars was made on an absolute shoestring budget.
      It showed.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I can't comment to Origins quality either, as I'm one of the fans who is in the non-desired group and therefore unable to watch it legally (and if I can't watch it legally, it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned).
        You're a good person... *He says from the shadows*
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I bought the AAP for SGO, enjoyed the interaction between fans on the platform, participated in the Tweet Storms. I did my duty as far as I'm concerned, not for love of SG:O but for my love of SG in general. Now that being said, I 100% agree this web-series was really low quality, yet I still found myself enjoying it.

I've received a MonkeySurvey recently from the SGO folks (I was one of the top 100 most active forum user on SGC) and the questions in it... are mostly pointless.
          Questions such as : Have you watched every series on our platform?
          I mean really? If I did watch something on your platform shouldn't you have logs telling you so?

From a business point of view, or marketing if you like, I really can't see what these answers brings them. I expected questions asking my opinion about what should they improve, etc. Nope none of that. Seems like a part-time student was tasked to create a poll that ultimately in my opinion, serves no purpose.

I strongly believe this whole SG:O thing was a publicity stunt more than anything else, and that it was never intended to actually make a solid prequel for the SG Universe. As most people said, they are testing the waters.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            I've received a MonkeySurvey recently from the SGO folks (I was one of the top 100 most active forum user on SGC) and the questions in it... are mostly pointless.
            Questions such as : Have you watched every series on our platform?
            I mean really? If I did watch something on your platform shouldn't you have logs telling you so?
            Trust me, more than 100 people received that survey, including myself. And I nearly choked on the question: "Why do you not have all-access?'

Oh well, let me think about that for a second, .... oh yeah, now I remember -- you won't let me.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
            X