Stargate physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate physics

Hi, I had a thought and dont know if any of these ideas have circulated.

So the symbols on the gate? 38 factorial that is a big number.
    Seems to me that the DHD in this galaxy were nessary because the dialling in the Pegasus galaxy was done thru interface with the city, puddle jumpers and other means. Which also suggests that the Pegasus galaxy was the older technology. The Destiny galaxy gates were not improved by the ancients exploration, they would have to take their own DHD and power source with them, leaving a generic gate with rudimentary control access. The alpha system is where the ancients lived and exploried more recent, leaving DHD because they did not have the resources they left behind in Pegasus.

So the three dimension coordinates with the origin are a spacial way of accessing a unique address in a database. Physical place in space matched with a unique database entry.

Symbols on the gate dont quite line up with 39! but maybe there are not that many gates in the alpha galaxy. So the math works out somethig like 7! * 31 = 156,240. but wate, there is more. (a b c d e f x) is not the same as (b d c a f e x) so even more permutations, again that is a rather large number. Given the constellations as 3d coordinates, would have to be even less combinations as some gates will use the same symbols as other gates and others cannot because they are so remote; the planet wont even see the big dipper, for instance.

The hart of my thought is each incoming gate has its own unique frequency, say, the vibration that a particular atom vibrates. That would mean that all gates are incoming gates and only become out going gates when the frequency is changed. Einstein called this connection between two atoms of the same frequency "Spooky action at a distance".

The 3d coordinates and point of oragin, punch into the dialling device connects to a unique database entry, and the mechanism changes the gate being dialed to the same vibratiom as the gate in the database. That alines a wormhole between two identical vibrating gates. That would stop you from being riped appart in transit and you go where you want; assuming you know the database. That also irons out the extra galaxy dialling. the extra galaxy is normally locked out to conserve power connecting to the network but always accessible, given the power is available. Also if an algorithm is used to generate the gate database entry, that will be programed into the next gate to be placed by a seed ship, all gates can always be accssed as long as that gate exists.

I would like to know whar you think.

Originally posted by xouty2k View Post
    So the symbols on the gate? 38 factorial that is a big number.
    Seems to me that the DHD in this galaxy were nessary because the dialling in the Pegasus galaxy was done thru interface with the city, puddle jumpers and other means. Which also suggests that the Pegasus galaxy was the older technology.
    I don't understand your logic. Puddle jumpers had portable DHDs. This is a technological advancement from static DHDs. Also, city had its own DHD, it was just a different design, and when you say other means, the only other means were actual, static DHDs.

The Destiny galaxy gates were not improved by the ancients exploration, they would have to take their own DHD and power source with them, leaving a generic gate with rudimentary control access.
    The gates in Stargate: Universe had their own power sources, so they did not need to bring a power source to use them, just a portable dialer.

The alpha system is where the ancients lived and exploried more recent, leaving DHD because they did not have the resources they left behind in Pegasus.
    It has clearly been stated in-show that the Ancients left the Ori galaxy, traveled for thousands of years, settled first in the Milky Way, and then fled to the Pegasus galaxy when the plague hit.

Comment

Working...
    X