No announcement yet.

Milky Way galaxy in 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on holiday for two weeks in Hungary.

The only reason I am not a big fan of "flyover worlds" as they can update the gate protocoll any time, so they could travel within the the syncronization memory of the network. This is the way how the intergalactic bridge worked as the closely placed stargates called each other without active wormhole, so material could have travelled through 20-25 gates until the Midway Station. So if the MW would turn into a short-ranged network, then how could you prevent that we need flyover worlds at all? We can simply dial a planet and the other stargates could transfer the travellers in the gate memory. Maybe this situation could be caused by the Universe-gate type dialing protocoll. Imagine that someone finds an abadonned U-gate then the dialing system would infect the whole MW gatework. Then Earth would be in advance as they could have collected informations from the Destiny or some scientist can travel on board (via the communication stones) to study the old gate network what caused the chaos in the Milky Way.

I always wanted to see a stargate in a middle of swamp. Like a mini Dagobah system type world where as soon as you walk down the steps from the gate there would be 1 meter high muddy water etc. And maybe something intelligent lives in the swamp...

It would be also nice to see a hostile advanced race which gather informations from different realities as they would ally with themselves.... So similar to the Ripple Effect, what if a race decide to visit itself to collect informations about as many possible realities as they can (like tactical moves, weapons, secrets, locations, enemies etc.). That would significantly boost a fresh new galaxy wide threat.

I would like to see a "mushroom world". There are so many species of mushrooms, so what if we have got some worlds (or a new gate network) where they are the ruling races. They are neither plants nor animals, so they could be a new eco threat. And what if they could use mind-controlling spores?

I always wanted to make an "educational scifi". Fans can learn almost every informations, so what if they would be feeded by real life informations? For example they could learn the different fungi species, or the different marble (for a stone based golem type race) or chrystal types (geology for beginners etc.). Or if these infos would not be directly involved in the episodes then a connected website would have such extra informations, so while we could have adventure on the tv screen there would be readable educational things.

Or Earth could be written out that way that an alien entity would simply transfer the whole planet to a new galaxy through the stargate. Earlier I was thinking on "moveable" planets through the spacegates so what if Earth would be borrowed / stolen / hijacked into a new galaxy while nobody would know what happened with the Tauri. I know this idea is a bit ambitious, but probably it wouldn't work if they still want to maintain the secret of the stargate system. So we can imagine that the transporting aliens are clever enough to find a similar sized Sun , but what would happen with Moon and the other planets? Or what if somebody would notice the different star constellations? Or shall they move the whole solar system? I believe this idea could work for a two-parter or a season finale. At first they would just move a smaller ship or any other building what has got a stargate inside then they would update the technology so they would extend it to complete planets etc. So the planet Earth (and the Moon) would move into a new galaxy for a few episode, but then they would manage to return it to the original place in MW.

The only reason I was just playing with this idea, because we have seen "traditional" dialing in SG-1, jumpers in Atlantis, kinos and small-range dialing in Universe, so what if we could see the most advanced version when not the material would travel inside the gate rather the gate would transfer what is outside or where it is located. Or even hostile, bigger spaceship could "teleport" into our galaxy this way. They would dial a space gate, the ship shows up around it then it flies away with an opened hanger door type solution, so the next ship could be materialized around the stargate etc. It could be even explained as an advanced Asgard beaming technology what they have used in their own galaxy etc.

We could originate the different gate related technolgies from other galaxies or stargate networks :
    - transphase gates : hidden in Milky Way
    - transformers gates (size changing stargates) : undiscovered stargate network 1
    - housekeeping gates (building / ships / planets moving through stargates) : undiscovered stargate network 2
    - upgraded gates (gate shields, DHD shields, DHD tour guide etc.) : undiscovered stargate network 3
    - master gates (local stargate networks, multigates on the same planet etc.) : undiscovered stargate network 4
    But they would all have an effect in the Milky Way as allies and hostile races would try to steal and use these new technologies. Then our heroes would travel to these new galaxies to find the original inventors / resource etc. I believe these ideas would be enough for 2-3-4 stargate spinoffs.
    Last edited by Platschu; 10 May 2018, 01:23 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I was distracted by work.

I like the "relay" Gates idea, but much will depend on the Address database (which I guess few other than SGC have). It's been shown to have data on travel between Earth and most everywhere else, and back. But does it have the info/addresses to Gate from somewhere to somewhere else *directly*, without a trip to Earth? What if the trip needs several intermediate Gates? Does that detailed info exist? In other words, what kind of map does SGC (or anyone) have of the MW Gate Network? If the map doesn't exist, it will need to be (painstakingly) built, before even thinking of reprogramming faraway Gates.

Much will also depend on the exact cause of long-range failure. It might involve the inter-Gate comms themselves, and render "memory transfers" impossible, or at least risky. If they're still viable, they'll depend on each and every intermediate Gate being ready to use. Entomb, steal, or destroy just one, or hack it into rejecting SGC's hacking, and there'll be trouble. What if several "traveler streams" attempt to use the same "relay" Gate at the same time? Traffic jams could become the biggest obstacle there. I cannot remember how the radio IDs of incoming travelers were handled at the Pegasus-MW intergalactic bridge, but it needs to be robust with the "memory transfer" system too.

Then, if a SG team signals to come home, but fails to show up after "transferring" thru enemy-controlled territory, where does the search start? How will the searchers deal with enemy-controlled Gates?

I love the swamped Gate scenario. It isn't far from my "piranha pool" concept. P-}

Indeed Ripple Effect was awesome. More, please! Starting with a ruthless unfriendly alt-SGC bent on harnessing other realities for their (just) cause. The spinoff could be titled "Stargate: For teh win", and in the pilot episode "Together we stand" alt-SG1 succesfully infiltrates and commandeers 'our' SGC, remaining in power for at least half the 1st season.

Would the "mushroom world" be a single brain? Fascinating, at any rate!

Didn't already happen somewhere that something "vanished" and was believed lost, but was just cloaked from view? The same could be done to Earth. With the Gate "coincidentally" disabled it would be hard to know the difference.

Big ships using Asgard-type beams to de- and re-materialize and thus become Gate-able? I wrote something like that, too.

Comment

Welcome back.

I don't know how many races or planets have got a gate map. Even the Goa'uld didn't know all the planets as O'Neill added the list of Ancients ruled worlds in season 2, but they were unknown by the Goa'uld. I am sure the Asgard has also not visited every planets where we can find a gate. Not to mention when somebody moved the gates to unknown places...

Because I was wondering if there would be a "gate sytem hub" type world somewhere in the galaxy. Imagine a location where is an Ancient base located where they could follow all the active wormholes in the galaxy, something similar what we could see in Continuum. It would be like a gate network police station, but the place would follow in "real time" the position of all stargates in the galaxy (even the cloaked or transphase ones or drifting ones) as the gates would communicate with the hub (like a galaxy wide GPS reader). So this hub would be extremely important to everyone as they could follow the gates, the active wormholes, the supergates etc. Maybe they could be the key to recreate or reestablush the coordinate system for the gate network after the FTL / gate memory loss. The hub could be reached via a 9 chevron address, because it would be logical that the Ancients could return back to this hub any time. And who knows? Maybe there would be some robots or "repairing units" what a newly discovered protocoll would send to different worlds (like repairing the DHD or the gate or eliminate the local threat etc.). So many stories could be introduced as our new team would replace the role of this squad and they would help different worlds. I believe they wanted to introduce a similar world in Stargate : Worlds. And there was a hub in one of the SG comics too.

Earlier I also had an idea that I always missed that the Goa'uld hasn't had such an option on their ribbon device what could help them to dial. It is not easy to memorize 7 symbols, so what if they would just stand next to DHD and then a hologram type projection would show all the possible gate addresses. Or even the local DHDs could have such advanced option like a visual telephone book or something. Maybe this upgrade could be also "borrowed" from an other network. Or if the Destiny protocoll would infect the MW gate system, then these address diaries would help to choose the gates nearby. That could be also a safety feature what was not activated before in the MW galaxy.

I believe Atlantis has also sent GDO radio waves to open the energy shield on Atlantis. But that is also interesting, because such frequencies can be copied...
        Last edited by Platschu; 13 May 2018, 10:58 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Just a few "cold open" scenarios or episode ideas :

1. The team goes back to the main base with a big splash of water while they are sitting and rowing on a boat. I believe it would look cool. I was always amazed by that scene when the water breaks into the step house in the Titanic movie, so something similar through the stargate would be nice too.
          2. The team would visit a low gravity desert world, where they can make massive jumps type running. They would investigate a shell type alien forest what uses the local winds' power as energy resource. Later they would under fire by a not so friendly predator alien lifeform they must enter with such a high speed that they would make a massive jump on the arriving site as well. Then a security protocoll would be activated and they would stopped in air (like the inertia suppressors for stopping jumpers in Atlantis), so they would just levitate there for a few secs before the system would place them on ground.
          3. The team visits a world where they don't discover in time that it is covered by a transparent jelly or slime type material. The MALP could go away only a few meters from the stairs of the stargate before it is stuck in the material and it is slightly sinking down into the transparent material. The heroes must find a creative way how to reach the DHD without falling into this sticky material (maybe jumping on solid rocks or waiting for second call from the base or shooting some dead trees in the near or freeze the jelly) etc.
          4. The team would visit a world where the local sun looks like a circle or a belt on the sky. They could discover that the planet is rotating with such a high speed that the sun (or the stars at nigh time) could make a fix line on the sky. They would find out that the gravity would work as a centrifugal force so everything growns in a 30-40 angles. (Remember the tilt dance from Michael Jackson). So objects would role around the surface of this tiny planet because of heavy winds. While the stargate is kept safe by the Ancient contruction design, the team would be forced to make a complete circle to reach the stargate again as soon as they leave the safety of the safety zone. They would discover that the world is populated by giant seaweed or alga type of organism. The evolution of plants stopped on this dangerous planet, so it has never reached any higher level. The team must find a way to communicate with them.
          5. It would be nice to see an arrival to the main base where a heavy snowstorm follows them and the set is covered by snow. Then the leader of the base (the space Genie) would moan what a mess they make every time they come back.
          6. Or if they would visit a world in autumn, then a massive amount of leaves should travel with them back to the base. And what if some of them would be leaf insects. Like a swarming "bio replicators" and their "mamma bug" would chase the team back to the gate.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylliidae
          7. Or they would be running home in a mushroom world, where the different sized mushrooms are just exploding and makes a fog type explosions. The gate and the DHD would be covered by other type mushrooms, so it would a challenge to talk to the "local leader" or to escape from this dangerous world. For example some tribe of the mushrooms would keep humans as living batteries, while others would be friendly etc.

Mushroom world... Imagine the mushroom forests, the mushroom type "animals". Would the ecosystem work as one giant organism? What if the whole planet is filled with hyphae? What if most of the mushrooms are not able to move, but the ruling ones can "rebuild" themselves anywhere through the roots. That would look cool. And then their collective mind would spread to other worlds through the stargate. Or the spores would cause mind-controll and they would use humans and other races like servants. Or they could talk in spore clouds (like in Alice in Wonderland or the mushroom people in an old Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms) novel) They could be turned easily into a galaxy wide threat, while the fans could be taught about different type of mushrooms etc.

8. Or they could visit a world what is ruled by spiders. I believe it would be mega scary to visit such a world when everything is covered by webs. And the only reason they wouldn't kill the team because they would feel a material in their kevlar / uniform / whatever that is was based on spider thread. Or this world could be the base of the Arakhne story in Greek mythology or even drider type aliens could be introduced. The twist could be that everybody would expect they are hostile, but they are friendly. Or at least that how they seem...
          9. Or the team could visit a world what is full of statues of earlier adventurers. Guess what! The Medusas were alien race who were kept as a pet / slave by the Goa'uld! o.O
          10. Or they could visit a world where are no colours. Only black, white and grey. They would discover that this world was equipped by an artifical sun to sustain a local ecosystem what should be investigated. The locals are obssessed with black-white checked objects and animals, so when a teammember shows them how to play chess they will win their trust. Or they could show them some animals (like dalmatas, pandas, killer whale or zebras etc.)
          https://animalsake.com/list-of-anima...re-black-white
          The team wants to relocate them, but they would fallen sick in other environments as the sunlight's exposure would hurt them. The team would find a cure later while they must negotiate with the creators of A.I. Sun.
          11. The team visits a world where they would discover the corpses of their own themselves. It looks like the local stargate has got a malfunction and it creates the same team again and again. But they are not from alternate universes. Later they would discover that the gate's DHD was modified by someone that it will repeat this loop until they don't make a deadly quest on the planet or after their death they will be spawned again. It is a classic scifi loop story.
          12. Or they could build a titlable gate room like in the Inception movie, than they could introduce some bat or sloth aliens who would be able to walk on the ceiling or on the walls. The new gate room could be rotated clockwise, so they could film some cool scenes when the "antigravital organ" of the aliens will affect the team or the base.
          13. The team would visit a world when a cloud type of aliens would live. They would just float in the sky and change their shapes. Then they would ask for help to stop the world from tornados which are caused by a weather changing device from Touchstone.
          14. The team would visit a world where a local technology allows people to teleport on the other side of the planet.
          15. The team would visit a strange ecosystem what lives inside of a planet and it is maintained by an artificial sun. Later they would discover that the "planet" is formed artifically from meteorites and they were merged between two energy shields.
          16. The team would visit a surrealistic weird planet what has got thousand of depleted DHDs around the stargate on it. It looks like somebody somehow copied the DHDs, but he/she was not able to find the right combination to dial any planet. This idea could be used for many stories:
          - malfunction of the seeder's ship what planted wrongly DHDs
          - a replicator tribe copied the DHDs
          - shapeshifter type aliens are hiding themselves as the DHDs
          - Asgard beaming malfunction what multiplied the DHDs
          Anyway it would be nice to find out what happened. Maybe the DHDs can be used only once as lack of the chrystals, so the team must find a working one or to find a "real" one. But my solution would be that they have to push 7 different DHDs (only one symbol on each) in a particular geographical position like a code, so they would sum up the wrong DHDs into a working one to go home.
          17. The team visits a world it looks like living. They would find out that actually the gate was placed on a flying alien what would react really badly to their arrival. The stargate would fall to the surface of the planet. The only way would be to survive this adventure, if they could reach the DHD and make a freefall or a parachute fall into activated wormhole. I believe it would look cool. (The accelaration damping shield would stop them on the other side.)
          18. The team could visit a world where giant scorpions / crabs type of aliens terrorize the local villages. They would make tunnels underground. The team must help them against their local predators, while they should understand what caused the conflict in the first place. They could be normal crabs which size has been increased by a chemical catastrophy.
          19. The team would investigate a space gate with theirs new jumper type ship where there is no planet or nothing else, just a floating DHD on the otherside in space. Soon they would dicover that the local world merges back to our reality / seeable spectrum occasionally.
          20. The team would visit a robotic world where everyones lives in a digital ascendancy.
          21. The team would encounter a dying world where the surface is bombarded with heavy space radiation. The locals have moved undergound. The team must ask an allied race (the Phoenix) to save these people, so they could relocate them safely.
          22. I always wanted to see a stargate in a middle of a reed. Nothing special. It would be located on a shore, but the gate would be surrounded of reed or papyrus. Or if the gate would be standing in water then the team could arrive / escape on papyrus ships. They could rescue an ornitologist base member who was being trapped by local birds and later they would discover they are robotic woodpeckers and they are in the middle of an abadonned artifical zoo (with ancient Egyptian design) what was kept by the Goa'uld. Or they could even swarm again in the water...
          23. Or they could make a Gulliver type scenario, where the team is considered as intruders and they are captured by tiny aliens.
          24. The team visits a dark world, where is alway night. The local ecosystem would be based on fluorescence, so illuminating cactuses would rule the skyline. Than the story could turn into a Pitch black / Avatar combination.

As you can see I am full of story ideas and these can be combined with all the other technolgical brainstorming what we have done before. I am sure it would be enough for a few season or even other SG spinoffs. These story elements would be depend what stargate network are we talking about (new galaxy?), what gateships the team has got, what is the technological and environmental limits of their starting base. I really wish we could have a new Stargate show as they could show us so much fun and adventure on different planets. No other scifi shows could set my imagination as free as Stargate.

"Piece of advice—if you're gonna rip something off, think of something a little more obscure."
          Last edited by Platschu; 16 May 2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Back to the Medusa idea. Maybe there would be a tale that these monsters are guarding an ancient treasure on the world. The team discusses whether some monster really lives there and then they are walking into a trap, or it is just a fairy tale to keep the coward people away. But something similar was discussed in the episode Quest too. Or the world could be locked down by the Ancients / Merlin / SpaceJinn, so nobody could visit this dangerous planet. Our team would boldly go there. We could combine the idea with the loop that as soon as they go there they would find themselves on the planet again and again as the "Medusa" kills the team again and again. Later they would discover that the monster actually doesn't exist how they Greek mythology preserved it. It is just an unnatural protection mechanism of some dangerous local animals. They can paralize their victim through the retinal cortex. So basically the longer you look at them, the more paralized you will be. That is the secret behind changing someone into a statue. So there won't be snakes on the head etc. The loop could be explained by different ways (like an Ancient safety protocoll or one of the earlier adventurers left a technology there what helped them to restart the quest : maybe Harlan's people visited this place and they created robotic versions of themselves to defeat the monster, but then they have given up etc.). Or even the SpaceJinn could send a team here to find some old students of the Academy or find out what happened with them. There are many options. Then the story could develop that the Goa'uld wanted to use this Medusa race as hosts, but since they like attraction of the Jaffas and the people, this skill would be useful only in combats. But maybe we could have a later "episode" when they meet them again like a Medusa Guard. They would wear a mask and they only take them off before the battle to defeat the enemies etc.

Random idea 2:

It would be nice to see an episode where a team visit a strange world which looks like a surrealistic painting. Later they would discover that this dream type world is based on the works of the famous painter - Salvador Dali. So has he been here? Has the art created this place or the place created his art? Has any art loving alien race visited Earth? Maybe that is how they want to communicate with the team etc. This story could even work as a dream episode and if not Dali then Van Gogh or Picasso would be a good choice.

https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/20...f2e09fef37.jpg
            The only reason I imagined this story this morning, because these "elephants" grabbed my imagination. It could be interesting to see an episode opening where such tall herbivorous animals are walking around the gate which have got such thin legs like on the Dali painting and then the team literally are just dwarves next to them size wise. Maybe the story could develop about an eco-catastrophy where every animals are getting bigger and bigger (like a reference to dinosaurs). And then these aliens ask the help of team's help to enter such a narrow place where they don't fit anymore. They also couldn't use the stargate as they are so tall (overweight), but maybe they could dial DHD). Alien energy signatures detected, team finds the device (discovered originally meant to grow the crops not the animals) and turns it off. The "elephants" are extremely happy and the team goes home with a friendship of a peaceful alien race.

Later these animals could be used to "eat" the floating gas filled forest what I tried to describe before.

Random idea 3:

I always wanted to see an episode where we would focus on a point of view of a stargate like it would be a storytelling person. What people has gone there in the last few centuries or milleniums (!), what personal tragedies happened there, what new travelers came and gone etc. I believe it could be told as a seris of short flashbacks type episode. Just we have to find a right backstory how a stargate gained a "personality". Is it an Ancient safety feature? Or is the stargate modified? Is it being different from the other stargates from the network? Because such a story could be introduced via the SpceJinn. Maybe that was his punishment that he couldn't leave the planet anymore and he was punished to live alone etc. Just I don't want to creat such a backstory for him what was used for the Ancients as well. Maybe a romantic love story, where is being killed and an Ancient girl helped him to ascend, but then even the Ancient was killed as well in the process. Or he could be introduced as guard for Anubis who disappeared for 1000 years and maybe nobody has seeen him what has he done. I doubt that he has spent 1000+ years with Oma and her teaching. Maybe he was locked up in an "ascended prison" or a time dilation field.

That is the reason I believe this academy / hub idea could work as so many stories could be introduced what happened in the past. We don't need a spinoff about Ancients, if we can cleverly introduce the past of the galaxy into the new stories and events which will effect the present and the future.

Random idea 4:
            The team discovers a world, where is an other stargate made from wood. They decide to study it, where they discover that the stargate and the "fake" stargate are in a little arena and they are being used for a local sportgame what looks similar to football. As the locals were never able to understand how the DHD works, the real stargate is simply used for this ridicolous reason. The first contact with the local Aztec descendants turns into a nightmare quickly as they discover they execute the losing team...

Random idea 5:
            The team visits a world where they worship the stargate. Not gods or any deities. They just kneel down in front of it etc. The whole culture is based on the Blue Eye what they paint on their forehead. It looks someone periodically calls the world through the stargate, but nobody arrives and the local humans were waiting for the puddle as part of a daily routine similar to a clock. The team decide to investigate somehow with the latest gate related discoveries or technologies who could be the mysterious caller. The write a program for the DHD which sends a false gate protocol for that stargate what creates periodically the incoming wormhole. (Or they could simply radio them...) Or they could send a radio which will scan the starting side. Or they could send even an EMP pulse there too. Or they could have a look in the "Hub" which world connects them regularly. Later they will discover it is a gate malfunction on the other side and DHD automatically calls the last dialed world. They don't know if they should fix the problem or not, because then it would destroy the culture of the local civilization. So the team must find out who was the last traveller who visited this gate worshipping world...

Random idea 6:
            The team investigates a world where the locals use the stargate as a centre of a hospital! It looks like someone makes incoming wormholes and the active wormhole has got healing properties. But later the team discovers that this blessing is also a curse as the healing radiation also causes massive mind controll on the population what makes the "chosen ones" do suicide acts in the kawoosh.... The team shocked that even those people decided to use this methos who could have been saved with medicines. The episode would be a sensitive talk about eutanasia and forced eutanasia question. The team would try to convince the locals to block their stargate with energy shields even if it means not everybody will be healed all the time, while they also promise they will find that race who did this. (Maybe the Ashens or some aliens who don't want to reveal themselves in front of humans... But then we should find some restrictions what the HUB can follow or can't follow, becaus then they could find out quickly who is responsible for it.)

Random idea 7:
            It would be nice to see a double-rainbow which cross each other because of a binary star systems. Later they would discover that the "second" star is actually located in an other solar system, just it is much larger than the local sun, so it looks the same size because of the distance for the observer. Anyway the two stars would cause some interesting rainbow combinations after a storm.

Random idea 8:
            Or the team could study a world where the aliens have really built a megastructure around the local sun. We have heard about this news a few months ago, so maybe a cool episode could be based on it.
            Last edited by Platschu; 10 June 2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Work, work, work....

So many ideas, so little budget!

The "map" would need to include lots of addresses for all kinds of POOs and destinations. Major long-range "hubs" would no longer be enough.

Trouble with the "Academy/System Hub" scenario is that it should have been discovered and used already by lots of people. Its continued secret must be justified, as it would be such a game-changer. :-?

IIRC, some Goa'uld carry "direct dial" devices. In any case, they're supposed to have exceedingly good memory. But yeah, it would be cool to see DHDs displaying galactic holo-maps with calculated destinations *before* the big red button is hit.

Ultra-speedy planetary rotations/translations would probably centrifuge/disaggregate the planets themselves, or at least their air, so, hmmm, maybe not.

Spiders, eeeewwww!

Some race could have "hacked" their Stargate for protection, sending travelers to virtual worlds, instead of using an Iris. They could also "test" them with varied scenarios. Endless possibilities!

Someone trying to Ascend thru the Gate and instead becoming trapped for millennia? Sweet! P-}

The Gate-worshippers are out there, for sure, revering their glitchy Gate. We want to meet 'em!

Comment

Thanks for answering. I was left here alone.

The Academy or System Hub could have been locked down for centuries for a good reason. The two must not be necessarily the same place. I have just rewatched SG-1 7x01-7x02 and they confirm it that the plague started there, so I have to skip that idea.

The Academy was a proper place for education for lots of generations from different planets. Then something happened in the past and it was abadonned or they forced to leave it. Then it became only a myth as it was almost completly forgotten. Later the story could tell what happened. The planet could be moved to an other galaxy, the gate could have been locked by the Jinn or the gate was placed transphase.

The System Hub could be a secret Ancient outpost or part of the Academy (like an inner chamber what only the Ancients could use). But if we would introduce it, then it definately must be a 9 chevron address. They could discover that massive energy need from an Icarus type planet needed only for a distant 9 chevron address. But the local hub was like a safeguard system for the Ancients, so every MW gate is capable of dialing this gate address as it work like an "origo" in the Stargate system. So all the other gates are synchronized to this world and since nobody knew the 9 chevron address it was safe from the Goa'uld or any other visitors. And then everybody wants to capture it when the galaxy wide war restarts.

I tried to spawn ideas about gate related problems and technology as I believe a new spin off (or one of the main character) should focus on such problems. I don't want to create a new McKay, Carter or Rush as we had enough fun with space science. Any of these characters could be called back anyway as crossover characters. It would be nice to grab a different areas of science. So the other metaplot would focus rather on biological hazards (contact of animals, mushrooms, plants), the evolutional changes of the known races and environment protection. If one of the heroes would be a biologist then they could write stories around her or him. The only reason I was thinking on such character moments as it was well balanced in SG-1 as all the characters had their own aspect. If we have a team of 4-5 characters, we need 1-2 fighters and 1-2 "magician" like in an RPG team. Then stories and discoveries could be written around these new characters where they could shine and then the audience would feel some family type chemistry between them in time.

1. Dr. Sylvia Waterfield
                A brilliant biologist/zoologist/geologist who worked for the SGC. She studied different dangerous animals and plants in the Milky Way. She is interested in the rapid evolution of races taken from Earth comparsion to the Earth based ones. She identified and cathegorized many new races which are already extinct on Earth, but the Ancients and other visiting aliens spreaded in the last 50000 years. She has got her own theories how the liveable planets where created by the Ancients as she studied the remains of the Ancient weapon on Dakara as part of SG-8. She had a direct confrontation with the Lucian Alliance, when she sabotaged their cassa laboratories. She has gone missed in action and they rescue team hasn't found her. She was believed to be dead for months, but she was rescued by the Nox Lya, who studied her pure mind and loving heart for all living beings. Later she was returned to Earth / Alpha Site / Academy and she was put under quarantine as they don't trust her anymore as she began to show signs of Nox advanced skills. She was locked up in Area 51, but she escaped to finish a mission what she has heard from the Nox. Latest intel reports said she has gone to Algeria, so the SGC was looking for her to find out what is she doing in the middle of the Sahara. Later we would find out she is looking for Omoroca in a shrinking oasis / undergorund lake in the middle of the desert. After the saving a new potential alien ally she is back to duty in SGC.

So something similar could be a good start for a new hero as she could be a complex character with good and bad skills. Maybe later she could be turned into a Nox type "druid" character, but then her starting background must be rewritten. We would discover that she is a bit reckless as she is not really a team player. She likes being alone with her plants and animals, but don't worry she won't turn into a Poison Ivy. Or Silvy in her case. She could fill a similar role what Daniel Jackson did. She would also have some arch enemies as the team would clash with ultra violent environmentalist race and she feels responsible for their terror attacks. The team would also regularly bump into a small tv crew, who shoots a hunter / survivor / treasure finder type reality series on different planets. Sylvia has a little crush on the arrogant star of the show and they are in a love and hate type relationship like a real star-crossed lovers. Sylvia could be a key character to the "Nox protected lifeforms" as later she would be like a represantative on their part in a newly established alliance. Her Nox related gifts or skills could be later established, but she would definately be a key character of discovering transphase gates and those races who could use them like Rhee'tou, Nox, Ashrak, Giant aliens, Merlin. She could be also used at toxins, infections, biological hazads as she is an expert of herbology. Maybe she could make some potions like a witch / pharmacist. (By the way her Nox skills could be replaced by any other aliens (like the people of Omoroca or maybe a new race), so the almighty Nox race could be kept for other reasons. But it would be interesting to learn more about them.

2. Erik Andersson
                A survivor type character, who came from a planet called Vanaheimr with a Scandinavian background which used to be an Asgard Protected Planet. His homeplanet has just recently started its own stargate program, but they know only a few gate addresses. He is a bold explorer, who visits alien worlds and his adventures are broadcasted back through the stargate as a reality show. His civilization extremely tech dependent as it builded on Asgard technology. His companion is a unique modified Asgard drone, what works as a pet, a friend and a servant (and later we find out an observer) at the same time. His folks are extremely xenophobic, so they are afraid of using the stargate for centuries as they are afraid of contamination. Later we would find out that they had some genetic mutations / adaptions to the local environment, so they can never leave their planet for a longer period as it was forbidden by the Asgard. It looks like they experimented on them, maybe we could blame Loki again. Anyway he is a rare exception as he always feels he is a descendant of explorers, so he decided to use the gate and to contact other civilizations. He discovered the legacy of their gods on other worlds and it made him extremely rich as a treasure hunter and a trader, but he also risked his life many many times. His goverments doesn't like his adventures, but he is a very famous media star at home. Unfortunately his world was also visited by the Vanirs (the evil Asgard) who came back from the Pegasus galaxy and they started to brainwash / convince his people as they acted like their deties again. Erik is expelled from his planet as their stargate is closed down what would be a death sentence for him as he also suffers from the withdrawal of his planet already. He tries to find a way to go home, so when he meets Sylvia agains he asks her help to meet Vala or the leader of SGC. (He wants to go on the board of the Odussey to read the Asgard data base.) His character would be like a mini Indiana Jones / MacGyver / IronMan type character, but the twist would be that he doesn't like using any weapon (maybe his droid would do). His people are not hunters at all and there is no crime on his planet. That is the reason he strongly builds on his instincts and his droid, so he is a bit too innocent. Most of his people hates leaving civilization, but he doesn't really like crowded or overpopulated places, so he prefers the nature. So maybe that is the reason they understand each other with Sylvia, but their unofficial relationship risks both of their jobs and the loyality to their own homeworlds. His methods are also a bit more messy rather than violent as he doesn't really care about the local risks or hazards or cultural expectations, so when his "crew" (it could be an Asgard built drone - similar what they showed in Stargate : Worlds) almost died, he left really alone when he was unable to fix it without the right equipment. Later he could turn to be a good guy, who wants to find a cure for his people, so they could establish colonies on other planets or just simply to meet with other races.

Or we want to make an interesting character scenario, he could be a clone of himself what he is not aware. So the original "Erik" sends his copies to make "adventures" so it doesn't matter of his clones die on different planets. But it would be too similar to the robot-SG-1 storyline, but it would be also funny to see the character in different roles on different mission. And maybe our "Erik" could be healed by an easy zat shot or EMP shot which could deactivate his artifical nanites / DNA / Vanir implant parts.

Or he could be transformed into like a cyborg character, who is merged with his android "pet". Later we would visit his homeworld, maybe find the real Erik, or find some hostile versions, find out the conspiration of the Vanir Asgards who helps this world to stepup as a galactic civilization under their command. etc.

He could be the tech guy of the team as he is really good at Asgard technologies. He could be the centre character of the Vanir/Asgard related stories, so he would be an expert of Asgard drones, cloning, force fields, time and gravity dilation fields and beaming technologies.

His homeworld could be called "Anahe" in the beginning, but later we would discover its mythological background as the full name is Vanaheimr.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanaheimr
                Last edited by Platschu; 07 June 2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

3. The Space Jinn - (later he would get a nickname "Robin" from the team (after Robin Williams))
                  I believe we talked enough about him. He is the guardian of the new base where our spinoff starts. He lives in the DHD as a "genie" and he can not really leave the DHD too far away. He likes showing up as a security hologram, like a very annyoing and arrogant tour guide. Later we could find out his true motivation. Is he really the hiding Hephaistos? Is he an ascended being? Or is he a member of an other race? He doesn't like to share his true motives and skills, but once they gain his trust he looks loyal to them. He likes showing up in different outfits and forms as he was capable of copying those races who touched the DHD at the Academy. Later we would find out why he was trapped there, why he was imprisoned there. He could travel to other side to move to the local DHD and he could play a talking MALP function in the show, why he wouldn't physically interfere the adventures in the beginning. Later we would find out what happened with his body or if he is able to materialize himself or not. And what if there is more of him? What if he came from an other stargate network? Has ha tried to recruit other teams in the past? Who is he in reality? What roles he played in the history of the Ancients / Four Alliance / Roundtable?

His personality is a bit complex. He can be uppish, childish and funny. He is like a bard type character, who likes entertaining his new companions, so he likes singing and dancing as motivation even if he is quite bad at it. He truly enjoys his newly gained freedom. But behind his funny face there is a much deeper, hidden, supressed pain and he would never admit how lonely he was before. Later we could discover what happened with his race, where is his physical body, what happened in the past in the Academy, so many flashback could be based on him. And maybe he is just acting for the whole time. He doesn't like that the leadership of Earth doesn't trust him as he is an alien, but they must play his ridicolous rules and mental games.

He would be an expert of gate travelling and later he would save his team from many near deadly situations (like speedy dialing, weather forecast, warning to hazards, opening protective shields around the gate etc.). He would be also the translator for the team. Later he could be used as a shapeshifter, so he could transform himself to look like an other race (to appear like a Vanir Asgard/Unas/Phoenix/Medusa/whatever), so he is technically not a magician as the forms are copies of the earlier Academy visitors. He is still a coward, so he won't go into a battle if not absolutely necessarry as he likes diplomatic solutions.

4. Malcolm
                  He would be the "official" soldier in the team, since Sylvia (bio expert) and Erik (tech expert) would be the "scientist" characters while Robin (the SpaceJinn) would be the alien base commander. So I imagined him as a former SGC character who had some serious problems with army regulations, so he was removed from the program.

I am pretty sure that our SpaceJinn would carefully select the people who he wants to work with. It would be a bit boring if "accidentally" only the four main characters could go to his Academy, but then Earth would be sealed again. But who knows? Maybe even his "collections" would in the Academy as well, so we could introduce any alien as supportive characters. Just since we are following the adventures of the Earth, I am sure the audience would prefer more Earth based character. And it would also sound like a ripoff of the Collector from the MCU and then the Academy would turn into a space-Sanctuary.

Okay these are just rough character ideas, which were just improvized and it really depends what the main metaplot would be for a new spinoff. I wouldn't mind to see Jonas, Vala or Eli. Or any earlier secondary character as a new main one (like Lorne, Todd, Amelia).
                  Last edited by Platschu; 11 June 2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

"Ragnarok"
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yd_QxOp5ic
                    http://stargateworldsmmo.wikia.com/w..._worlds_19.jpg
                    It would be nice to see a few episodes long Asgard/Vanir mini-series. They planned the Asgard to be a playable race in Stargate : Worlds. There were nice screenshots about such Asgard drones, which walks next to the Asgards and it protects its owner. I believe some of these concept arts and ideas could be moved into a new SG show.

So my idea would be, what if such technology will fall into a hand of a human civilization after the death of the Asgard? I imagined this new potential threat as they come from an Asgard Protected Planet, where they used to worship the Vanir group of Asgards. The real Asgards have gone (hopefully their "death" was only fake and they are still there somewhere in the Ida galaxy, while the Vanirs have been banned from the planet, so they have gone to hide in the Pegasus galaxy.) The Vanir had some genetic experiment on the locals, so they can adapt to the technologies much easier, but they are more vulnerable to infections as their immune system weakened. The Vanirs also wanted to stop their own genetic degradations, so they mixed some ancient Asgard DNA with the humans, but these human-Asgad hybrids were not enough good for them. Before they could have been destroyed, the Ashard High Council interfered and the Vanirs were removed.

So imagine a human world, which can put their hand suddenly on high tech Asgard technologies without consequences or "parental control". For example everyone has got a personal a drone. And the twist would be that the Vanir returns and they convince them to step-up to conquer more and more planets as the Anahes were not an interplanetary civilization before, but in the beginning nobody would know that the Vanirs are behind the conflict. Vanirs obviously wants the Asgard heritage what is on the board of the USS Odussey, so they would manipulate them into a war situation. They would grant new technologies to the locals and that is how we could introduce the different gate shields, new Asgard jumpers or even beaming people and later ships through the active wormhole (or around the gate), but the locals are still reluctant to go to war as they believe they will be infected on other planets. So that is the main reason they started to clone themselves as sacrificeable soldiers who will go for different missions. They are looking for clues what happened with the Asgard and the other Asgard Protected Planet. They are not happy at all that Earth became the leader of the group.

The locals used to be very peaceful people as the SG-1 has visited them in the past. Later we could use your idea that the planet had a special defense option : it will send them to a virtual reality like a quarantine, so the SG-1 could have never seen the real technological level of the planet Anahe. They would simply have gone home with some nice memories like nothing happened.

And that is how our new hero (Erik or Olaf or whatever) would turn against the Vanir. He is one of the few Anahes, who goes offworld regularly as a treasure hunter/adventurer/writer/survivor, but he is getting more and more convinced that the reading of the drones are incorrect and they lie to the people about infections and health hazards. Maybe he would have a unique modified drone what would be like a mechanic pet for him, but budget wise it would be hard to involve in every scene. Or something would happen with this drone which helps to clear his head and he realizes that an agressive Asgard AI turned against the local humans. And this AI would not even hesitate to send more and more clone copies and warrior drones to capture and/or kill him, so his role could be "swapped back" with personality download to a more obedient body etc. Maybe he is already a clone and the real one is still at home. And it would be a real shock for him that his fame, his glory, his popularity are just lies as they could be memorial implants to motivate him to make his missions. Maybe he would discover that they are being observed and controlled like slaves through the drones, so he wants to gain back the indepenendce for his people as he discovers the AI is programmed by the evil Vanirs or actually they are the Vanirs.

Then Erik could lead his new team to such planets where he has been before or even some new locations in the Milky Way / Ida / Othala galaxy. He could search for the remains Yggdrasil (what could be part of the cosmic background radiance from the metaplot of the Universe) or any other Norse mythology related quests. Maybe the Anahe would have a direct connection to the Ida galaxy and they would establish colonies there, or the MW based planet would be their "beachhead world" of conquest. They must have lots of energy resources, so it can not be a problem of dialing between MW and the Ida galaxies.

So that is how I would introduce him with a rich background what is based on past SG-1/Atlantis events while his storyline could introduce a new threat to the MW galaxy while it could also introduce new gate related discoveries. We could talk about many technology related problems which effects the current society like popularity on virtual platforms, addiction to the virtual worlds, addiction to reach immortality with cloning technology and how these technological upgrades could influence the human biology and society. Even his famous journal, his past adventures could be censored, so his whole life would turn upside down. Maybe none of them happened at all and they were all just built-in memories. But then his new friends would protect him and he would discover what a real family means while he discovers the roots of his anchestors on Earth / Academy. We could also talk about such a scenario, when highly advanced Earth descendant would like to return to Earth to study their own roots. How would they react? etc.

But if this story could go on that we should find out some nice motivations for the Vanirs (why have they came back from Pegasus? Have they been in the Ida and Othala galaxies? What happened with the Asgard shipyards or offwold bases?) And we have to find out a believable way how to fool such an enemy week by week. Not to mention that it would be nice to create a such threat where we would know in advance how we would like to close this storyline.

Later we could find out that the Anahe's DNA is very vulnerable to wormhole travel, so when the gate "remakes" the traveller, it causes a long term genetic problem. And maybe that was the reason they couldn't leave their own homeplanet as this "artificial" safeguard was built in by the Asgard/Vanir. Then who knows? Maybe Dr. Beckett from Atlantis could help them out with some retroviruses...

My other idea would be something similar that what if the SpaceJinn or one of the key character would be immune to Asgard beaming (genetic reasons or a wornable technology). Or Todd could help to develop this technology based on his Wraith dart knowledge, so we could be very useful against the Vanir drone army. That could be also explained with a nice little coverstory that not every race in the galaxy can be teleported by Asgard technology, maybe that was a prevention of "stealing" them. This step would be a blessing and a curse at the same time for our heroes, so I have to think about how we could use it in this Vanir storyline. It would be also practical to give this skill to the Anahe humans, but then we couldn't beam them through the gate to fight against our heroes.

Or we could forge a little story why the Vanir spacesuits looked like the same in the Universe. What if they have been on the board of Destiny for a short period and after they have got what they wanted they have gone back to their own galaxy?

I have just imagined how 2-3-4 drones would go through the gate and attack our new heroes. We could establish different type of drones : ground units, flying ones etc. Different skills like : levitating the people on earth, create energy shields, electricity webs, use hologram projections to confuse enemies etc. Or they could also form some kind of bridge (like an Asgard version of Goa'uld rings), so more and more troops could be beamed through the active opened wormhole. Then our heroes would learn their tricks and fight back with their own weapons (for example capture and somehow reprogram the drones and send it back as a spy, turn off the VR barrier of their stargate, SpaceJinn could use a form of an Asgard), or release some replicators on them, or infect the people with nanites. There would be so many creative ways while we could dig out more and more informations from the Asgard heritage to defend ourselves. Maybe our heroes could go for adventures in the Ida galaxy to find some technologies which were left behind the Asgard, since they must know all their local gate addresses of the Ida galaxy. Or they could really introduce ascended / hologram / VR Asgards, or go back in time to rescue a few in the past to solve the genetic problems, so our friendly Asgards could be revived. If they died at all. We should also hear about what happened with their fleet as I doubt they were all destroyed in Unending. So even a whole new spinoff could be based what a new Earth expedition would do in the Ida and Othala galaxies. They could find new allies, new enemies on the ruins of the Asgard-Replicator war etc. But if we keep the MW for the new "spinoff" then an expanding, formerly isolated Asgard world would be a nice ongoing metaplot next to the other storylines.

Even the Vanirs would be able to dial the Pegasus galaxy. They don't know where is Atlantis now, but they now where it was. The gate address of Atlantis could be still called, but then they would dial the Asuran satellite (the space stargate) what was left behind. I believe they mentioned somewhere that the Atlantis gate had a special chrystal so only that gate was able to dial Earth. Since the Replicators destroyed the tower and even the city is in the Milky Way now, we can assume that other gates could still call MW gates back and forth if they have got enough energy and if they can calculate the gate address. And the Vanirs are clever guys, so we explain with this step how they could dial in to MW if they don't want to fly there for x days.

Just a little twist on the "Erik" character. If Mike Dopoud could return to play him, then his other roles could be explained as other "clones" of him. So Varro was one of them on Destiny as an undercover Vanir spy in the Lucian Alliance / Destiny expedition, Kiryk in the Pegasus galaxy, Odai Ventrell as an other Lucian spy or even the Russian officer from Full Alert. But maybe this step would be a bit forced, but it would be also a good connection between the other shows. And who knows? Maybe Baal captured an other and that has given the idea of cloning himself...

So anyway I will think about a bit deeper as I am entertaining myself with such story ideas, but the flying personal drone next to the Asgard has really inspired me in that SG:W video and look where it has brought me already....
                    Last edited by Platschu; 07 June 2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

"Alone" with 1000s of viewers.

Definitely need more 9 chevron addresses leading to more interesting places!

Biohazards sound like a natural extension of all SG has done so far.

And your "rough" characters look pretty cool. The Nox connection has definite potential, and the "alien Reality TV" and Asgard tech/drones too!

We know people on the brink of Ascension, as well as those who de-Ascend, can have lots of super-powers. Plenty potential that way, too.

Maybe the Ancients just bought a load of superior Asgard spacesuits, customized for Destiny?

I guess the Vanir would have very few resources/people, so it would be *them* using their wits to thwart a superior but overconfident SGC to gain a little more power/toys every episode. The only "problem" would be the final Clash of the Titans, where Earth would narrowly escape defeat... Oh, wait: what could happen if they conquered Earth, enslaved all people, and ran their varied tech and experiments without restraint? At least for a few episodes? P-}

Comment

Hehe. I am near the 2000 views. Here are a few more random ideas to extend the current ones:

1. Biohazards. Well it is a bit harsh abbreviation of non-human races, but I brainstormed a few race before which are not necesseraily humanoids. Or even their presence can make sick other races . Maybe their anatomy is different as well ((ike breathing different gases, different enzym systems, different energy reproducing ways), so we can explain different "skills" with biochemistry through evolutions on different planets. And that is the reason I talked about why an ideological conflict could escalate in the Milky way. Not just because somebody hasn't emptied the bin, I believe our future "ecoterrorist" enemy would be more serious about it. Isolationist Or unionist shall be a civilization? Shall they leave their biological mark on other planets or not (for example: to be afraid of contaminating an other world vs. directly spreading our own biological marks there)? Which side is right in a long term of evolution? So that is the reason I have said that SG should not be only about bigger and bigger spaceships, bombs and shields. I believe a new SG spinoff should stronly build on visiting alien worlds, new ecosystems, remain human in inhuman conditions etc.. But unfortunately if we open the stargates we can never know if we don't kill the locals even with a little sneeze on the other side or if our world won't be contaminated with something nasty when we come back... So that is the reason I believe we could tell so many intelligent stories and ethical dilemmas through a biology oriented main character. For example Try to imagine the local Jurassic parks! Not dinosaurs of course, but what if the Ancients moved such plants and races to different worlds (because of the Ice Age) which died out with the spreading of humans on Earth? It could be interesting to see such animals on a few isolated worlds.

2. I have rewatched the Harsiesis related storyline. I believe something is still missing from the timeline. What could happen with the Goa'uld why they don't want to remember their past crimes? They are evil anyway, so what can be even worse than them? There must have happened some serious events, but unfortunately the SG shows have never really explored this area of their past. I have imagined a little quick backstory. We know that they were taken the Unas as hosts. Then maybe some other visitor race was also taken as host so they could leave their planet through the stargate or some spaceship. Maybe The Great Alliance has seen a great potential in them as they wanted the "good" Goa'ulds to look after and guide the human worlds while they were escaping to the Pegasus galaxy. That is the reason they were named as System Lords, as literally one Goa'uld was guarding one solar system. Maybe the Great Alliance has already fallen apart that time and this step looked like a good idea as they Goa'uld hosts looked immune to the brain infection, but no Ancients was willing to unite with them, I don't know. They were spreading and they could controll easily most of the galaxy. There were complete worlds where everyone were Goa'uld! Then they have meet an alien race on a distant world who wanted to stop them and they rebelled against the Goa'uld rule. The free Titans have used advenced technologies (like laser firing satellites), but they couldn't defeat the complete Goa'uld as there were so many of them and they infected so many races in the galaxy. One of the minor Goa'uld Queen (Mnemosyne - goddess of memory and in this case literally the genetic memory) made a biggest evolution jump for the Goa'uld. She has taken a Titan as a host. She learned that host and the symbiote can share memories and experiences, so these essential information can be coded into genetic memories. They learned all the technological defences of the Titans this way, so more and more Goa'uld wanted a Titan host as they were jealous to each other. The Titans were really effective enemies in the past and most of the Goa'uld worlds have been wiped out easily. What Mnemosyne and the other Goa'ulds couldn't know that the Titans decided to have an evil long term plan how to defeat the Goa'uld society from inside. They artificially engineered Titan bodies which directly sacrificied themselves as hosts, so the first Titan was misleading Mnemosyne (her host name was Gaia). We know that the Goa'uld Tel'chak (Mayan rain god from the season 7 Evolution I-II) found that cube like device in 900BC which helped to create the first Goa'uld sarcophagus what ruined the souls of the Goa'ulds. The Titans directly wanted the Goa'uld to find it, so while the Goa'uld could heal themselves, now they could heal their vulnerable aliens hosts as well with the cube. Later the developed sarcophagus technology what looked very-very adventageous in a galaxy wide war. The proud Goa'uld haven't realized the side effect of the technology in time. They became more and more depent on the Titan technology as every Goa'uld wanted to live forever. They became more and more suspicious and hostile to each other, while the genetic memories made sure that all the future generations of the Goa'uld were the same as well. They almost killed each other completly as they were fighting for more and more power. Not to mention that they symbiontes became parazites. Unfortunately the other side effect of the technology was that their life can be only extended if they were consuming other Goa'ulds, so that is how the cannibalism started. Meanwhile the Goa'uld Ra discovered the Tauri, where they found a new, easier controllable host race : the humans. Most leaders of the Goa'ulds all changed to human hosts as this race looked perfect to repopulate the galaxy under their own terms and they killed most of the earlier host races. (The legends would come from here as the first generation of gods in Titans bodies, then the rebellion of the Titans etc.) The Goa'uld made an agreement that the Queens should not pass the Titan DNA to the future symbiote generations. They couldn't control the reproductive system of their own human hosts, but at least they could completly control their bodies not like the earlier host races. So they also discussed they will not allow of two Goa'uld humans hosts to have a common child (the Harsiesis) as even the human hosts were carrying some part of technological memories in the Titans DNA (in the quiet part of the human DNA) what was more stronger if it was doubled in the DNA of the common child. Some Goa'uld tried to use the Harsiesis as hosts, but they couldn't complete control on such hosts and they became completly mad (as a genetic revenge of the Titans), so most of them have rather abadonned and killed the forbidden childrens. Even these became such myths what they never ever talked about again. So eventually the Titans were defeated and a few survivors were imprisoned, but their mission was basically successfull. The mind (and the genetic) of the Goa'uld was infected forever and even the Queen couldn't stop of spreading it. They never tried to take a Titan as a host again. An advanced and safe human host was always a long term plan of the Goa'uld. They really made them dependent on the sarcophagus technology and their numbers greatly decreased because of the civil war and the cannibalism. What the Titans haven't calculated in that millions of humans suffered from slavery and Goa'uld civil wars because of their genetic memories and revenge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemosyne

I know it is not the most exciting mini-story, it is just a quick improvization. We know that even Ra has had a strange alien host, maybe that was the reason he could gain power as he was the one of who found Earth and the humans. Mnemosyne could be left out completly and he could be the one who has taken a Titan as a host, but Ra has never been a Goa'uld Queen as he had Hathor, so it would look a bit odd how his actions had an effect on every other Goa'uld around him. I know I don't have to expalin everything all the time, just I don't like plotholes.

And we should explain what happened with the earlier humans in the galaxy? Were they all Ancients? Or have all of them died out / ascended / escaped? What if Ra's host was a Vanir (see the small flashback at his death in the Stargate movie)? What if they wanted to ruin the Alliance with the viral infection of the Ancients? That would be also a big revelation that they have been manipulating even the biggest races for a while now.

I guess the writers of SG shows haven't dug themselves into biochemist, but if two Goa'uld human hosts can pass genetic memories to create a Harsiesis, then it means that the Goa'uld host bodies are directly passing genes to future generations. So maybe a Goa'uld host could supress the "genetic memorial poison of the Titans" and they could kill all the Harsiesis, but what if they fathered a child with a "normal" human? It means that every descendant of active human hosts could carry such DNA sequences which are part Goa'uld or Titan. And that means lots of affected people in the galaxy. That would be an interesting new "genetic" discovery (for example the Ashen could extract some Goa'uld memories to gain new gate addresses and that how their story as a hostile galactic civilization could start...) You know the human DNA has got lots of quiet genetic sequences / parts which are not used for anything in our body, but it is still being copied to every cell. It is like an evolutionary heritage, but these part of the DNA never used to synthetitize any proteins (what is needed for enzyms). Or if you have seen how an embryo develops, then there is a stage when all humans had a little tail like body part like a genetic heritage from the reptile times, but then this tail disappears within a few days. I hope you can still follow me. Imagine it like copying a book all the time, but everybody would put an empty page in without informations, then soon it or later most of the book would be empty and just a small portion would be really useful. So my idea would be that if the Goa'uld had genetic memories about earlier host races, then maybe it was accidentally given to human descendants. And don't forget that even the Ancients coded their precious high-tech stuff with genetic coding. There must be a really good reason why the Goa'uld has never found this "biological key", maybe it shows up on Earth as a gift from Merlin or whatever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-coding_DNA

But as we talked about the Titans before, unfortunately Cronoss was used as a Goa'uld Systemlord. It could still happen that he was a leader of the Goa'uld who managed to defeat and to lock them up, but he has kept his Titan's host name as a reminder of his victory. But then Ra became the supreme leader as he could find the humans as future slaves.

And the uncanon sourcebook also mentioned that the homeplanet of the Nox is called Gaia. Well.. That will be a bit hard to explain, but I can try to find a reason. As you can see I am capable of connecting the existing informations.

edit. I have rewatched the Evolution I and II where they stated that according to Nick Ballard Telchak's device had Ancient origins. So maybe the Titans were a group of Ancients who wanted the Goa'uld to guard the solar systems. Or maybe Nick Ballard was wrong. It would be nice to hear a deeper Giant Alien story anyway what could explain why was Hathor locked up in Latin-America. Maybe she was looking for the device for herself? She had her sarcophagus in her tomb, so it must have happened after the discovery of sarcophagus technology. Zipacna was also introduced. They even had Chalchiutlicue as a Goa'uld in 3x05 Learning Curve. Hmm interesting. The SG timeline is full legends and mysteries.
                        Last edited by Platschu; 12 June 2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

3. I always wanted to here some stories why a few Ancients showed up in Rome to teach the local people. Theoratically JANUS is based on mythology:
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus
                          Even the Tok'Ra EGERIA comes from the same time as well. But their visit or teaching could be explained that the informations about alien visits in the Greek-Roman times were burnt in the Great library of Alexandria. Maybe that is the reason Omoroca was stuck in a shrinking oasis in the middle of the Sahara, but I will tell that "The Oasis" story idea a bit more detailed later.

So what is missing what happened with Earth? Was it guarded directly by a group of ascended Ancients? If it happened then why have they stopped it? Which alien races visited Earth if the gate was buried 3000BC? When? How? Have they visited Earth before or after the rebellion against Ra? The main reason I was thinking on the Harsiesis/Titan storyline, because what if our SpaceJinn is one of them? Could he be a Titan? Or a Harsiesis?

4. I really wanted to connect all the Mayan/Aztec/Inca cultural references to the Giant Aliens from the Chrystal skull, so their skull network was working like as an independent enity in the past. They could have brought many Earth based folks into their own galaxy without the stargate. Even Tollan / Tollana and Orban are based on the Mayan-Aztec myths, so maybe they were taken by the Giant Aliens too. And the giant pyramid from the Chrystal skull episode would be only just a base. But then we have to explain what happened with the unknown alien force which defended Earth after the rebellion, but it has let people to be taken by the Asgard or the Giant Aliens in the mediavel times. Even Sokar has some Christians, what is really hard to explain. The only reason I was thinking about this problem as I tried to fix the plotholes in the timeline and what if the Chrystal skull would be literally a skull of the race of SpaceJinn? But then I said to myself that it would be a bit brutal (18) connection. Hehe. As you can see I have lots of possible ideas for poor character what would shock my little audience.

5. SpaceJinn couldn't come to SGC earlier as we haven't got a DHD. That would be a good explanation.

6. Vanirs are not capable of beaming themselves or bombs in the SGC as they have put such Asgard tech on the gate in season 8 which prevented the direct beaming of the stargate, so that would also protect Earth from the beaming weapons and unwanted visitors.

7. Atlantis could be inactive base as the cloaking shield would be extended to whole Earth while they are in transphase.

8. Maybe the Wormhole drive directly damaged the Cosmic Background Radiation, so that was the main reason it was forbidden to use by any advanced races (including the Ancients). Maybe our galaxy was under a protection like an umbrella in the universe, but this wormhole drive made an "ozone hole" type damage on it, so same upper level entities decided to "lock down" the galaxy etc. Even General Hendry said what if there are even more powerful beings than Ancients? But I really don't want to bring the SG realm to that direction.

9. Some random idea - Carnivore Carneval
                          It would be to see a recurring threat in the galaxy. When we meet them first it would look like a normal "circus" who visits different worlds and they earn money with their local shows. They have got a unique collections of captured alien races and animals and the people are amazed to see the wonders of the galaxy. But then we would learn their dark secrets that actually they are also assassins who collects and sells exotic and rare lifeforms for their "circus" where they sell them to fight in an arena type scenario.

10. Other random idea - "Twins"
                          The team would discover a planet, where everybody has got a twin brother or twin sister. It looks like the genetic of the local populations has evolved, so every sibling pairs have got a strong mental link to each other like two bodies share the same soul. And this strong physical and mental link works even from huge distance, so not just when they are on the other side on planet, but rather when they are on different planets. Later we would find out that the Ancients have visited and studied this race a long time ago as their biology helped them to upgrade their Ancient communication technology. The Goa'uld also visited this race as they wanted to use them as spy, but they were not valuable as Goa'uld hosts, since the other mind could defend the occupied hosts. They have kept a few as servants and they bombarded the rest with their spaceships, so they almost became extinct and only a few dozents have survived. They managed to go into exile through the stargate. This is the proof that not their original homeplanet caused the "mutation", because it is not planet related. Our little team would also discover that the evolution of this race was drastically changed in the past, when visitors from an alternate reality showed up and they settled down in our reality. They married the locals, but then all their future generations had only twins, like one of them is in our reality and the other one is theirs. They are in excellent health as they can always compare their own health to the twin pair. Unfortunately they are not immortals, so it means when one dies then the other will also die. They could be a key to help on Erik and his hostile clones, but it looks like other races also have got plans with them. And not just from our reality... If we would like to introduce a new hostile AU threat (when the same race made an alliance with itself in different realities) then this twin "race" could play an important role in that storyline.

11. Random idea - "Nymph"
                          I could imagine them in the SG world as such chosen people who were educated by the Nox. They were like an "anti-Goa'uld Systemlords", who were also guarding different worlds in the galaxy. The studied the laws of nature. They were protecting the local animals and plants. So it would be nice to introduce a peaceful advanced human group as "Nymphs" who could be like the Priors of the Nox. Like space druids. Different skills, different motivations. Most of them were wiped out by the Goa'uld, so only a few have remained on secret and hidden worlds. The peaceful Nox also couldn't find any other solution to the galaxy wide aggression that they started to hide the non-human worlds and races from the human worlds when Ra was rising up his dynasty. This way we could introduce an interesting chapter of the past of our galaxy, while we could connect it to the current situations. Maybe one of our main hero could get a "membership" in time as a character development. Some nymphys could be friendly, some of them could be really aggressive. Most of them would be passive and over-protective. Some of them could be living underwater / underice worlds (like nereids) from the mythology. They could even play an ambassador type characters in communication between humans / Jaffas and non humans.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph

12. Random idea - "Malcolm metoo"
                          Well.. It is a very sensitive and controversial and actual subject. What if one of the main male character ("Malcolm") would be kicked from the program as his officers believe he behaved inappropriately on other planet, but he was innocent even if he couldn't prove it. Anyway he fathered a child with a local "alien" lady and that caused diplomatic conflict between the Earth and that newly introduced planet. He could never clean his name again what has really happened and there were lots of gossips about him behind his back. So while he was not sentenced to prison on Earth, but he had to leave the SGC program and he was forced to settle down offworld as the local custom dictated to marry the lady and to raise up his future child.

Some time later they have to call him back as he would play an essential part of a new expedition or team, but he would not willing to serve as a soldier again as he became an "offworld citizen". Unfortunately his former army co-workers still don't believe in him, so he would like to find a way to clear his name. He would be a bit anti-hero character, like a black-sheep, who is always a bit too sceptical about everything, but he follows his heart and he won't volume down his personal opinion anymore as he used to do it as an army member. He would also have a unique perspective about the galaxy as he used to be a man from Tauri, but now he lived his life on an other brutal society, where assasins tried to take his life a few times now.

Later we could write some stories about his distant SGC past, then what he has done on that planet and why he will join the new team. Has he gone somewhere else too during the pregnancy? What has he worked there? What will happen with his marriage and child? Does he love her? Will he move them to the Academy?
                          Last edited by Platschu; 08 July 2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Heh. It wouldn't be hard to create a new show: "StarGate: BioHazard" about all these ideas. Everybody would know from the start what to expect, and they wouldn't be disappointed! P-}

The Nox would be important, both as helpers and as eco-zealots.

The opener should be that terrific and hair-raising backstory of how the Goa'uld lost their souls despite winning a war.

I've never understood how Harcesis were supposed to work, or why the Goa'uld were so opposed to them.

The StarGating "Carnival of Horrors" should be the pet project of none other than Ba'al. Or maybe Nirrti?

After 4 or 5 seasons it could be revealed that some AU villains are using the Gates to manipulate events and wreak havoc on the Milky Way (before a hostile takeover).

Comment

I was still thinking on the biohazard problem. I have read some articles about "evolutionary biologist". This is the acute title of such people who are interested in evolutionary process. And what would be a better place to tell stories about it than stargate? Lots of planets, lots of potential starting scenarios and lots of potential evolutionary ways for humans.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_biology

Just imagine the galaxy. Ancients arrived. They started to build the first stargate network. We should imagine that probably they have meet lots of interesting advanced and not so advanved ecosystems. I am not talking about intelligent lifeform yet, just the base structure of life supports like plants and animals. Then what happened? Which one have they chosen to spread it to other planets? Because we have to accept the fact that the lucky planet must have been Avalon/Earth/Tauri, so that could explain why most of the planets have got Earth based vegetation. But then we have to ask the questions:
                              - Were stargate placed on habitable or inhabitable planets?
                              - If they terraformed a planet around a stargate, hwo long did it take to terrafrom the complete planet?
                              - Which races were moved there? I mean which type of forests? From what period of Earth? What animals? Mushrooms? Algas? Flowers? Bees? Grasshoppers? Predators? Reptiles or mammals?
                              - Since we know that the Ancients (and the old Asgards) looked like humans, we can presume they have studied us in the last 50 000-100 000 years. So have they relocated animals before the last Ice Age? Or only just after the Bronze Age? I don't want to introduce a Jurassic Park scenario in Stargate, but such prehistroric animals could exist even now on other planets which became extinct on Earth.
                              - What happened with those planets where other ecosystems existed? Were they changed into hibrid worlds? Or has the Earth based lifeforms already taken over those potential evolution ways?
                              - Were the isolated worlds developed differently? Because everything depends on the solar system : size of the local sun, size of the planet, the sun-planet distance, the strength of the magnetic field, the changing of seasons, the place of the stargate etc. So if Ancients played Simlanet then not every planet started with the same resources.

And then we haven't talked about any intelligent lifeforms or races, just generally how it could have happened a long-long time ago. If you read back I already asked lots of questions about how galactic and even intergalactic intelligent races could react to these separate "experiments" casued by the Ancients. So many stories could be based even on this subject what could be a new introduction of allies and enemies.

For example what if there were 20-50-100+ ecosystems in the Milky Way and then the Ancients obviously have chosen to spread only that one which will support them on their own colonies. So why would they plant for example methane or sulphurdioxide breathing trees on a planet, if they need oxygen? What happened when the "abadonned" experiments? Have they put stargates everywhere? What was the opinion of the Four Great Race about safeguarding of the younger races? Have they tried to isolate the races from each other? What was their opinion about the building of stargate network if they knew in advance that soon it or later the stargate network will cause clash between different evolutionary pathways? So are the stargates good or bad in a long term survival of a race? Have they moved Earth based lifes to any other galaxy as well?

And this one is just one aspect of the Stargate what could be introduced in the future. You know other shows have got random aliens, but I like realistic scifi, where you can explain such little things with logical explanation. For example I never liked when somebody stated ohhh this is a silicium based lifeform. Chemistry is chemistry everywhere. There won't be new elements on other planets if our periodic table is correct, maybe it is not complete yet (see Torment of Tantalus), but suddenly you won't be able to squeeze in new elements into the existing order. And if carbon and oxygen can be found in the atmosphere, then the evolution will go to that direction which included these elements in biologically active molecules. Nature always tries to spare energy, so we can assume that always those chemical bonds will be stronger what happened on Earth. So if Carbon (C) can create more molecules then it is simply better than Silicium (Si). Obviously it doesn't mean that the dominant intelligent alien must be humanoid as well as even if you compare a spider, a dolphin, an octopus or a rat they are all made from the same chemical elements, but they are really different from each other. So I can imagine new body parts, new enzyme ways, but it will never ever happen that a lifeform will contain silicium molecules dominantly. Or I can imagine such different breathing enzymes or energy ways which adapted to the local atmoshere (what if it contains more methane or nitrogen-dioxide), what would be toxic for us, but the locals would be adapted to this environment. That is the reason we could tell stories about evolution of different animals, or even extinct animals, or the potential future evolution of the human kind.

Since the gate system could be placed a long time ago, probably these evolutionary changes have already happened. So when the Goa'uld/Asgard/Ancients/Giant Aliens started to spread the humanity from Earth in the different galaxies then these ecosystem changes or "wars" have already happened betwen plants vs plants or animals vs. animals, so new ecosystems must have been evolved there. Obviously a mammoth or a sabretooth tigre won't press buttons on the DHD.... So what if the spreading of humans also started to accelerate these type of "biological clashes" on so many planets? Probably so many settlers (Jaffas and Humans) must have died when they reached forbidden planets through the stargate, but what if a small percentage survived as they could adapt with the local harsh conditions. And that would be also a way to introduce new near-human races who used-to-be humans.

Talking about Asgard. They should explain why they have come to Earth in the first place. Have the Ancients showed them Avalon? Or were they interested what the Goa'uld was doing here? And when they have also taken people from "Midgard", then the local culture formed the Asgard society or the Asgard technology formed the Norse mythology?

It would be also nice to hear some explanations how could the Ancients let the Goa'uld spread so rapidly in the galaxy. You know the Ancients really believed in free will, so that caused the debate with the Ori in the first place. But what about the Goa'uld? They are against free will as they take hosts. What role has the Four Great Race Alliance (FGRA) played in the rise of the Goa'uld? Because I could imagine that Nox was a true neutral and that caused their hiding as morally they couldn't fight against even theirs own enemies. The Asgard must have demonstrated their technological knowledge. Maybe the Ancients were already gone / ascended at that time. And the Furlings? What if they supported the Goa'uld as the SG:W game main story suggested? How have other minor alien races reacted? Were there other potential allies to the FGR who have also visited Earth? Where have they gone? Have they moved humans to other galaxies? What happened with those advanced races who didn't like the forming FGRA alliance? Like the Haaken (from the cancelled Alliance game)? So this way we could introduce new galaxies, new gate networks and maybe we would learn more about the past of our own galaxy. Maybe Brad Wright has got a more complex explanation.
                              http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Haaken
                              http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Straegis
                              http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Furling

But anyway maybe I am the only one who was thinking on such problems and the audience wouldn't be so interested. It would depend how it is explained and what stories are written on their legacies.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 13 August 2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Hopefilly you can still follow me. I don't want to turn the Nox evil. They are mother nature, so they love everyone and everywhere... even the bad guys. Like an ultraliberal alien race. But how would they react if they are the one who will be attacked? Would they fight? Or would they accept their fate? That is the reason it would be interesting to tell some stories what role they could play in the history of the galaxy. etc.

Here are a few more quick random ideas:

1. Double gate dialing:
                                What would happen if 2 wormhole established at the same time? A calls B, while C calls D. What if the wormholes are "crossed"? Could such thing happen that somebody entered A side, but came out on D, while somebody entered C and came out on B. That could be an interesting gate related discovery.

2. Noah's ark:
                                It would be nice to tell this story... Ark was a spaceship and the Nox tried to rescue a few dangered smaller races to a new galaxy....

3. Ashen starting story:
                                What if Mollem was suspicious? They dialed the black hole from the Volian, so that planet is destroyed, but the Ashen homeworld survived. We know that the Ashen Confedation was not capable of reaching other worlds as they haven't known the changed gate addresses.
                                http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Aschen_Confederation
                                I tried to imagine such scenarios how could they written back as a main antagonist:
                                - somebody will dial them and they will act again as a hospitable civilazation
                                - alternative reality could find them (they don't have this technology and I would like to keep it for a new hostile SGC or alien race)
                                - somebody crashes into their space with a spaceship
                                - the Prior of Ori has visited them
                                But these would be a too simple solutions. I was thinking what if they could find out the drift of the solar systems by themselves? They must had min. 2 planets in their Confederation. If you know the working stargate addresses and then the distance between these close planets, then they could have calculated mathematically where a next stargate could be in the coordinata system. This mathematical method could be explained how the circumference of Earth was measured by Eratosthenes.
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes
                                If they knew 2-3 planets fixed position in the 3d map, then theoratically they could shorten the number of potential glyphs, so they could find a working gate address even randomly. Hopefully you can follow me...

So if the Ashen could visit an other planet, then maybe they could have sent spies around secretly. I would imagine that they made a truce with the Lucian Alliance as one of the smaller warlord could work for them. And what if the Ashen has developed the kassa (the corn) in the first place? Since they are so good at harvest they don't necessarily wants to the attention of any major armies (Lucian Alliance, Jaffas or Tauri), but it doesn't mean that they couldn't be introduced as an evil conspirator who tries to turn everybody against Earth as a retaliation.

And who knows? We know that the Mayans had corn / maize gods:
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_maize_god
                                So what if the Aschen homeworld used to be built on a Furling colony or a Giant Alien colony (from the Chrystal skull). I believe Joseph Mallozzi confirmed the Giant Aliens were NOT the Furlings, but it doesn't mean they couldn't have more bases in our galaxy. Maybe they have brought the Ashen there by a chrystal skull, but then they could see the darkness in them, so they took back the skull. Then we could explain how they became advanced so quickly, while someone still kept them away from the rest of the galaxy. Or what if they were taken as hostage to an other galaxy and now they plan to return to decimate the galaxy because of their evil plans.

Or even their past could be explained with Asgard or Goa'uld background:
                                https://treesforlife.org.uk/forest/m...-folklore/ash/
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_(deity)
                                So we can keep the kassa corn and the maize god to an other adventure.

4. Lady of the lake - Omoroca or a descendant of her on Earth ... What if it has happened in the Sahara?
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake
                                But the Arthurian mythology should be kept for the SG-1....

5. And what if there were notes about alien activity in the Great Library of Alexandria? And what if somebody directly burned it down? Could the Ancient be involved to cover their crime or to "postpone" the discovery of the Stargate? Maybe a Roman expedition found something in the desert, but then Janus or the other Ancients made sure that the primitve humans won't find the notes about the discovery yet.

6. "Chalchiutlicue"
                                This alien was mentioned in the beginning of the 3x05 Learning Curve by Daniel Jackson. It looks like she was a Goa'uld based on an Aztec water goddess:
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalchiuhtlicue
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Suns
                                She would be a perfect choice to combine the different mythologies. Some legends said that she caused a massive flood and her most loyal followers were turned into fishes who followed her into a new world. Stargate wise she could be member of Nem or Omoroca's race who were taken over by a Goa'uld as a host. and this Goa'uld created a new type of slaves/Jaffas from humans which were able to breath underwater as amphibians, so we could introduce them even in underwater stargate worlds. They could still visit non-aquatic worlds as well, but then they have to return quickly to their homeworld. So that would explain the siren / nereid / mermaid type legends on Earth. We could also connect this story idea to the aliens from the Watergate too. And Goa'ulds can swim in water, so imagine what would happen if the team would stand at the bottom of the ocean while the Goa'ulds would swarm around them in the water...

7. If Telchak and Chalchiutlicue were Goa'ulds then when has Quatzelquatl and his people visited Earth? Before or after the Goa'uld era? Before or after that Ra was sent away? How and why was Hathor imprisoned there? That would need some explanation. Even Seth was hiding here, Sahmet, Isis and Osiris were put into canopuses. So I am guessing their failed rebellion must have happened before Ra was defeated, but then Hathor and Seth were hiding on Earth. What if an alien alliance or force stated that Earth is under their protection and that is the reason why Ra has never returned. His closest "family members" could know this information as so many people were taken from Earth, so maybe that is the reason they came back here to hide. But it would still not explain why Hathor and her sarcophagus ended up in South America. Have they shipped her there? The only reason I was just thinking on this plot hole, because if we want to talk about the Giant aliens (the Chrystal skull aliens) then it would be nice to know what happened with her. Was she looking for new allies against Ra? Was she looking for the Telchak's device as well for herself?

8. Just an extra mythology reference to my twin idea :
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_Hero_Twins
                                Last edited by Platschu; 13 August 2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X