No announcement yet.

Milky Way galaxy in 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My muse must have kissed me last night. Sorry for the grammatical errors and mistyping, but my PC is not working correctly at the moment, so I have typed everything on my tablet.

I know the base story sounds a bit confusing. Maybe the Hub idea and the shell type shipgates should be kept for the Oannes controlled galaxy.

What I was planning for the Ida galaxy (a little summary of previous ideas) and the local gatesystem :
    - there are runes on the stargate
    - chevrons are purple
    - Asgard / Vanir couldn't enter the wormholes as it causes genetic degenerations for them in long term use
    - they have got exoskeletons / spacesuits to enter the gate
    - there are columns attached to the stargate or are in front of it which is the mythological Bifrost
    - Bifrost can beam people through an existing wormhole between two stargates
    - the distance and the landing side (like Triskele) can be modified which needs a circle type of Asgard device similar to the transport rings (so that will be the reason why the Jinn has ended up at the old arriving station)
    - the Asgard could travel between two circles without activating the stargate as it used the combination of gate synchronization protocols
    - these circles were used to transport people from Earth to the Ida galaxy (and Protected Planets in MW)
    - unfortunately the new heroes will realize that Vanirs can also visit Earth, so they must locate and turn off this Asgard heritage on Earth
    - Asgard has been on Destiny in the past
    - Asgard has updates the gate protocoll that unorganic materials couldn't enter, so that is the reason Replicators (and the metal based war drones) haven't used the gate system there - that is also the reason why jumpers can not go there
    - the Vanirs have extended the protocoll to humans as well, so they have paralized the MW with the Atteno device, so nobody else can fly to the Ida galaxy, but no living person can dial in eitzer
    - that is the reason the Space Jinn is a key player as she/he has gone to Midgard for help and one of the first task to turn off by the new heroes as they have to use the Bifröst as they can also not enter the gate
    - unfortunately that was the plan of the Vanirs as well as they want to capture the Jinn
    - gates can be dialed to write runes in the air

- meanwhile our heroes discover that the Ida galaxy is still full of life in spite of the devasting Replicator attacks
    - isolated / protected races will start to use the gate systems (mythology related new races, the 9 realms, Yggdrasil)
    - human civilizations are discovered who are descendants of the Vikings
    - some of them are really high tech and they were hided from the Replicators in the gate systems memory
    - some dangerous or young civilizations were kept in time dilatation fields, which are stopped now as the Asgard have gone -- some of them will start war with the drones
    - a new hostile race will also reach the galaxy to conquer the Asgard heritage, so that would keep the Vanirs occupied
    - a new Asgard fraction returns from the past which could have saved the genetic problem of the Asgard
    - we would here more about the Solakris (maybe some genetic experiment which leaded to the fall of the Ancients and the Asgard)
    - the new heroes would work on a secret base (Valhalla) which can be isolated from the local network and it has got a unique Stargate (the mimicri gate of the Jinn spaceship)
    - Travelers from the Pegasus galaxy, escaping Goa'uld or Lucian Alliance motherships could be also show up in the Ida galaxy when the ongoing war would escalate to the Milky Way on Protected Planets
    - but the main theme would be about heavy Norse mythology based adventures combined with AI, technology upgrades, hologram technologied, virtual reality, time acceleration fields, cosmic evolution etc. questions
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well.. I have forgotten about the SG novels. Since I haven't read them I was not aware of it that the Valhalla idea was used in a novel anyway. It was interesting to read a few synopsis. The Vanirs have also showed up heavily in the continuation of the Atlantis. But anyway the 9 realms can be still kept in the Milky Way, while the Ida galaxy could have a fresh start. And since the Asgard has just fled to the Othala galaxy maybe a stargate system was never built there or it was never colonized by the Asgard.
      https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Fandemonium
      https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Sta...SG-1:_Valhalla
      https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Vanir

I am just entertaining myself as I was just thinking on this fan fiction idea, because what if it is also a "time bomb" of an alien intervention? So the aliens have flooded the Ancient outpost to block the stargate. Then they knew that if Earth is going to reach a critical technological level then the global warming will melt the ice and they can be eliminated as a long-term masterplan / punishment of this alien race. I know it is sounds a really dark twist.

I still have to rethink about the Omoroca storyline as well, since the Children of the Gods were focusing on the Giant aliens, the Chrystal Skull and the Aztecs.
      https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Sta...ty_of_the_Gods
      Maybe the Omoroca story should be rethought just within the Sumerian mythology without crossing the American culture. Just that step would be a good explanation why Hathor would go there. It is funny I have read a few nice wikipedia articles about the Sumerapian creation myth:
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/En%C3%BBma_Eli%C5%A1
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apkallu
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat
      Since Marduk and Tiamat are also established in the SG lore, they must be connected to each other. Tiamat's story is interesting as well. She was a goddess of salty water. Perfect as an enemy or a fallen member of the Oannes race. Maybe she became a host or something. I will think about it.

I have made a few summary collages in the last few days :

My Jaffa symbols comparsion from 2004 vs. Stargate RPG books. I had to use screenshots, so the drawing details are not the best. I have also added the two new ones from the Stargate SG-1 : Unleashed game.
      https://twitter.com/platschu/status/...558124544?s=20

Straegis (Furling) race concept arts from Stargate : Worlds and Furlings artifacts from SG-1 :
      https://twitter.com/platschu/status/...685498368?s=20

Jaffa Guard concept arts from the Stargate : Worlds game
      https://twitter.com/platschu/status/...439210499?s=20

I have made a little sumary of the Asgard related concept arts from Stargate : Worlds :
      https://twitter.com/platschu/status/...134785537?s=20
      So these ones were the tiny drones which could have followed the playable Asgards.
      Last edited by Platschu; 04 February 2020, 08:29 AM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

We know that all gate was dialed simultaneously in the episode "Threads", so the Replicator destroying wave could spread everywhere in the galaxy. That could be a good start for new plots. What if the wave has reached some forgotten or clsoed planet? What if the Haaken or the Titans could return who were imprisoned during earlier historical eras? What if the Dakara beam activates some long forgotten or suspended Ancient protocolls?

Just a little Ashen story related idea what could work regarding this idea. We know that that such waves can spread in the space as this was the way how the Replicators were killed on the Ha'tak ships. So if every gate was called, then the Aschen world and even the Volian world too. But after that the wave would still spread in the space again. Since these two worlds are close to each other, maybe some waves from the surrounding stargate can also reach the Ashen solar system. If they know the source direction and the arrival time, then maybe they can count the distance of any other stargate around them. That would be a clever way how they get not necessarily a new gate addresses rather a location because of "fault" of SG-1. They could still fly there with ships. Or any bold adventurer or visitor could be interrogated for more knowledge. But this is just a little theory.
        Last edited by Platschu; 11 February 2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I have imagined a few things for the Ori galaxy too. I still have got a few ideas as it keeps me going.

The Ori galaxy still has got the knowledge of supergates and ships. Maybe the Priors were convinced with the Ark of Truth, but it doesn't mean that they will be our friends and allies. I am sure Tommin has tried it, but these advanced technologies must be guarded well before the Lucian Alliance will steal them...

As for the Ori galaxy, I would like to introduce such a stargate which can fall into pieces similar to the Beachhead gate and Supergate. 9 pieces and they could extend itself into a middle ranged stargate where a tel'tac or al'kesh type ships can pass through.

My other Ori stargate version had only 3 or 4 pieces. 2 of them are the classis () shape, what would reflect to Ori symbol. Then there would be a third one which is hidden in the stairs under the stargate. So when it is activated then the half pieces would slide away to change to oval shape into a circle, while the hidden would also come up. Maybe the wormhole could be orange coloured in this galaxy. I believe it would look cool while it would maintain the main design.

Later the plans of this extendable stargate (let's call it temporarily as M gates) would be stolen and used in the Milky Way, so our heroes would face a new or old enemy who could move middle ranged battleships through M gates while the FTL block would still go on in the Milky Way.

And I have talked about the other hostile gate related techs:
          1. beaming through stargate into certain zones (stargate upgrade from Ida galaxy)
          2. beaming ships around stargate (stargate upgrade from an unknown galaxy) - see shell ship idea
          3. letting water / toxins through the wormhole (stargate protocoll upgrade from the Oannes ruled galaxy)

And these events would shake up things in the Milky Way....

Time travel wise it would be nice to see a connection between the Ancients and the Humans. Just similar story was used in Moebius and Continuum. And even the main plot of Babylon 5 is also similar. But anyway the basic rule of time travel that you can safely travel back only to the past in the SG lore. I mean accidentally anyone can land in the future or any possible future (like John in the s4 of Atlantis or the SG-1 in "1969"). But there are so many possible alternative realities that once somebody has gone in the past they could never return.

So what if a team of explorers will decide to rewrite some part of the history and instead of jumping back and forth they are only travel in the past to change some events. They won't enjoy the positive changes, but they can not be erased from the timeline as they are coming from a possible future. So anyway our heroes would meet these guys a few times, but it needs careful planning as always the follow up this story arc is technically the prequel of the previos one. I mean the final interference can happen in season 1, then they meet them in season 2, but they can not tell them what happened in season 1 as those guys will just jump it after the s2 events and so goes on. Anyway our new heroes will discover that these time travelling team or experts were the Ancients. So even off-screen they must have followed their mission as they were going back and back and back until they realise this happens for a reason as they will be the founder of the Alteran-Ori civilization in the first place. I know it sounds a bit crazy idea and how can you plan ahead, but I believe it could work as long as their actions can present exciting adventures. Since they will come from the future, they know the long-run of our current heroes, while in the beginning our heroes would be in advantage against them. They could be introduced friends and foes. Then our heroes find out that if they leave a message behind then that could open in the future to guide the "time jumpers team". Or even they could make it a cycle, so they go back to the past in steps then they jump in the future and they restart this "guidance" of the galaxy.

This time travel idea could work with even some Asgard characters, who decided to find solution for their genetic problems. But I have also envisioned that I would imagined the problem of interdimensional marriage in their case. So they have married other Asgards from an other reality and that is how the trouble started. Later our heroes would find out that maybe the fate of the Goa'uld and the Asgard was changed by the Titans, so they have really fooled their eneimes in every way. But let me talk about them again in the next paragraph:

Then I was thinking on the Harsiesis idea as well. I have talked about a few pages ago that I would create a race called "Titans" who genetically poisoned the mind of the Goa'uld after they couldn't defeat them. So every Goa'uld carries some memories from this long forgotten war. Two Goa'uld's hosts couldn't have a child as their offspring would remember the forbidden knowledge as a Harsiesis. It means that memories are genetically shared with the human hosts which are inherited to the next generation. If it is true than many humans can carry out a little amount of Goa'uld genetic heritage.

So the twist would be that we would discover a new Goa'uld Systemlord who has regularly chosen his/her hosts bodies and fathered many children. But he has always selected a new host within the same population as he/she is expertimenting whether a "natural" Harsiesis can be created if descendants of the Goa'uld hosts will marry soon it or later. Such experiments were strictly forbidden, but maybe he has played this game for centuries on a distant location. The Systemlords are no more anyway, so nobody can stop him to find a Harsiesis host, but what if the Harsiesis has killed him and taken over the planet? A quite interesting story could be told about how has betrayed who in time.

I also would like to see the Ancients knowledge deposit. Why has the Ancients build these? I mean for who? Could only ATA gene holders use it? Or was it meant for something else? It could be nice to see a young man who has looked into it and later he was known as Arthur in the history...

Or what would happen if any other race has used it? Like the Oannes, so that is how Tiamat could build a gate system in a new galaxy, but later she was killed during an epic battle againt the Annunaki, the first dynasty of the Goa'uld Systemlords.

And just a quick random idea. We always knew that Destiny had a long-term mission. But if it was not just find the CBR, but also bring something far away from the Milky Way? It could be interesting that what if the Ancients has put some super important secret on the board and that was the only way to make sure it can not be found by primitive or not enough advanced race.

My idea would be that all the Four Great Race had some kind of key element which was needed to open the access to the Hub :
          - The Nox has hided it in their cloaked / transphased city which will escape / return to their own galaxy.
          - The Asgard has locked in their Vault, which is hidden in the Ida galaxy
          - The Ancients has put one clue in Atlantis and the second one on Destiny to make sure two ships will never be and the same location and the same time
          - The Furling has been defeated by the Goa'uld, but the Systemlords have never found this clue (it could be hidden in an alternate reality or in the "Room of Requirement" / Saved world where such living objects end up which would be killed during transfer on the other side of the wormhole so the gate system sends their bio signs in a new collector planet)
          But anyway the main goal would be to find all the evidences and clues which would be essentially the Hub / Clava Thessara Infinitas : the main control center of the whole Stargate network. Or maybe it would be found by someone else and they need to get it back somehow.
          Last edited by Platschu; 19 February 2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Thanks for the idea. I have imagined a few things for the Ori galaxy too. I still have got a few ideas as it keeps me going.

As for the Ori galaxy, I would like to introduce such a stargate which can fall into pieces similar to the Beachhead gate and Supergate. 9 pieces and they could extend itself into a middle ranged stargate where a tel'tac or al'kesh type ships can pass through.

My other Ori stargate version had only 3 or 4 pieces. 2 of them are the classis () shape, what would reflect to Ori symbol. Then there would be a third one which is hidden in the stairs under the stargate. So when it is activated then the half pieces would slide away to change to oval shape into a circle, while the hidden would also come up. Maybe the wormhole could be orange coloured in this galaxy. I believe it would look cool while it would maintain the main design.

Later the plans of this extendable stargate (let's call it temporarily as M gates) would be stolen and used in the Milky Way, so our heroes would face a new or old enemy who could move middle ranged battleships through M gates while the FTL block would still go on in the Milky Way.

And I have talked about the other hostile gate related techs:
            1. beaming through stargate into certain zones (stargate upgrade from Ida galaxy)
            2. beaming ships around stargate (stargate upgrade from an unknown galaxy) - see shell ship idea
            3. letting water / toxins through the wormhole (stargate protocoll upgrade from the Oannes ruled galaxy)

And these events would shake up things in the Milky Way....

Time travel wise it would be nice to see a connection between the Ancients and the Humans. Just similar story was used in Moebius and Continuum. And even the main plot of Babylon 5 is also similar. But anyway the basic rule of time travel that you can safely travel back only to the past in the SG lore. I mean accidentally anyone can land in the future or any possible future (like John in the s4 of Atlantis or the SG-1 in "1969"). But there are so many possible alternative realities that once somebody has gone in the past they could never return.

So what if a team of explorers will decide to rewrite some part of the history and instead of jumping back and forth they are only travel in the past to change some events. They won't enjoy the positive changes, but they can not be erased from the timeline as they are coming from a possible future. So anyway our heroes would meet these guys a few times, but it needs careful planning as always the follow up this story arc is technically the prequel of the previos one. I mean the final interference can happen in season 1, then they meet them in season 2, but they can not tell them what happened in season 1 as those guys will just jump it after the s2 events and so goes on. Anyway our new heroes will discover that these time travelling team or experts were the Ancients. So even off-screen they must have followed their mission as they were going back and back and back until they realise this happens for a reason as they will be the founder of the Alteran-Ori civilization in the first place. I know it sounds a bit crazy idea and how can you plan ahead, but I believe it could work as long as their actions can present exciting adventures. Since they will come from the future, they know the long-run of our current heroes, while in the beginning our heroes would be in advantage against them. They could be introduced friends and foes. Then our heroes find out that if they leave a message behind then that could open in the future to guide the "time jumpers team". Or even they could make it a cycle, so they go back to the past in steps then they jump in the future and they restart this "guidance" of the galaxy.

Speaking of that idea my debate between the Ori and the Alterans will have a few references to that unknown to the parties. Like the Ori claims that they where created by the gods* and one of the arguments for that is that humans suddenly appeared on the planet without any previous fossils record. And the Alterans claims by they observations on the animal kingdom that humans must have evolved on Celestis because every other animals have done that.

Then I was thinking on the Harsiesis idea as well. I have talked about a few pages ago that I would create a race called "Titans" who genetically poisoned the mind of the Goa'uld after they couldn't defeat them. So every Goa'uld carries some memories from this long forgotten war. Two Goa'uld's hosts couldn't have a child as their offspring would remember the forbidden knowledge as a Harsiesis. It means that memories are genetically shared with the human hosts which are inherited to the next generation. If it is true than many humans can carry out a little amount of Goa'uld genetic heritage.

So the twist would be that we would discover a new Goa'uld Systemlord who has regularly chosen his/her hosts bodies and fathered many children. But he has always selected a new host within the same population as he/she is expertimenting whether a "natural" Harsiesis can be created if descendants of the Goa'uld hosts will marry soon it or later. Such experiments were strictly forbidden, but maybe he has played this game for centuries on a distant location. The Systemlords are no more anyway, so nobody can stop him to find a Harsiesis host, but what if the Harsiesis has killed him and taken over the planet? A quite interesting story could be told about how has betrayed who in time.

I also would like to see the Ancients knowledge deposit. Why has the Ancients build these? I mean for who? Could only ATA gene holders use it? Or was it meant for something else? It could be nice to see a young man who has looked into it and later he was known as Arthur in the history...

Or what would happen if any other race has used it? Like the Oannes, so that is how Tiamat could build a gate system in a new galaxy, but later she was killed during an epic battle againt the Annunaki, the first dynasty of the Goa'uld Systemlords.
            *My reason that the Ori later posed as gods are that pre-acended Ori believed in gods and when they Ascended they discovered that the gods they believed in did not exist. So they saw that as a reason for guidance the non-acended population.

Comment

In my version or shall I call it reality, while the Ori has gained power from faith, the Alterans have gained power from technology. So their hidden motives were not just connect the planets to colonize and to discover the galaxies with stargates, but also to increase the number of gate user. But then somebody had realized this brain virus to radically decimate them, so the MW galaxy has been deserted. They can also not interfere with the mortal world as their ascension is part of the Cosmic Background Radiation, so ascended beings fill the "holes" and let it flow through the universe.

The CBR is an echo of past-future events what is needed for cell division as it is responsible for arranging the chromosomes in line. Or it can be explained why nature prefers the L-rotary in biological cell structure during optical rotation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_division
              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_effect
              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_rotation

Comment

I was thinking on the Wraith tribes and culture, so I would like to share a few Atlantis related ideas. We hardly know anything about them as hives were coming and going. Only the outfit of the Queen and the tribal tattoos have revealed a few little details. So if we ever return to the Pegasus galaxy, then it would be nice to dig into a bit deeper into their culture.

I wanted to find some aspect of the Roman mythology which could describe them. Since they seem to be the combination of the Iratus bugs and the Ancients that sounded like a logical step. The Wraith are lost spirits, so maybe the tribes could be named after underworld related figures or deities as the first Wraith could have kept some knowledge of the Ancients' culture. Okay, not necessarily all of them should be a Wraith tribe, just a few better sounding one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld
                "Cerberus, Dea Tacita, Dis Pater, Egestes, Fames, Inferi Dii, Larenta, Letum, Libitina, Mors, Orcus, Pluto, Proserpina, Viduus"
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limos
                Hesiod's Theogony identifies her as the daughter of Eris ("Strife") and sister of Ponos ("Hardship"), Lethe ("Forgetfulness"), Algae ("Pains"), Hysminai ("Battles"), Makhai ("Wars"), Phonoi ("Murders"), Androktasiai ("Manslaughters"), Neikea ("Quarrels"), Pseudea ("Lies"), Logoi ("Stories"), Amphillogiai ("Disputes"), Dysnomia ("Anarchy"), Ate ("Ruin"), and Horkos ("Oath")

I have envisoned a few tribe ideas which would greatly depend on their social attitude to the culling. Maybe a few Atlantis stories could be built how the expedition would deal with them.

Tribe A : a Wraith tribe which worships the Iratus bugs. They are considered to be the religious Wraith, where every Wraith wears an Iratus bug around their necks like a necklace. They are going for a hunt only to please their own parasites which provide them stronger abilities in comparsion to other tribes. Since it is worn so close to their brain, the Iratus bugs can also influence their nerve system. It is not exactly clear who is incharge as this tribe follows the seasonal life cycle changes of their attached bug, so they go back to sleep more frequently.

Tribe B : a Wraith tribe who raises and keep Iratus bugs as pets, but they are not attached to them directly. They are always going to cull human worlds through the Stargate, but they hunt together with the Iratus bugs. Legends say they are capable of riding them and there are giant, puddle jumper sized bugs in their hives which makes them much stronger. They can hunt with the help of Iratus nets. Similar to spiderweb they can feel every movement around their nets and the swarm of Iratus will help them to build it.

Tribe C : a Wraith tribe who has became the master of illusions. They are capable of sending false visions through the stargate as the wormhole can transmit such "radiowaves". They are a master of mind controlls who can paralize their human prey or Wraith foes. Even the other Wraith Queens don't know how many hives belong to this tribe as their illusions and projections can affect them as well.

Tribe D : a Wraith tribe who don't have the Wraith mental link capacity as they cut out this organ at childhood. They are not afraid of culling on other Wraith hives which is forbidden in general Wraith ethic. They also eleminate the complete human population wherever they go, so every other Wraith consider them as enemies since they are living just for the present and they don't plan for the future.

Tribe E : a Wraith tribe which can not or will not sleep. They have got a relatively small number, but they are nonstoply culling civilazations as their hunger is legendary. While other tribes can rest for decades, this tribe lures into other feeding grounds.

Tribe F : a Wraith tribe which has started to feed on other alien races in the Pegasus galaxy instead of humans. They have found a planet with a mushroom based civilization. This culling has changed their colour and they are weaker then other tribes, but without the returning hunger. Since their appearance has changed they couldn't merge with other Wraith tribes. Instead of keeping a feeding ground, they have got only a few planets. Technically they are the "vegan" Wraith. Other Wraith Queens consider their lifestyle as an illness, so they must hide from them as they try to eridicate them as they are not considered Wraith anymore. Other tribes believe they have got a very exotic taste according to Wraith legends so they have sent many Runners to find them. Strangely enough they have found a way how to protect themselves with different mushroom toxins.

Tribe G : a Wraith tribe who is not just feeding on lifeforce, but on blood of the victim as well. Sometimes their gates are called as the "blood gate" because dark rituals are organised there as a fine warning to other Wraith tribes. They are considered to be barbarian even amongst the Wraith. Their bloodthirsty behavoiur ended up into a mass addiction, so nowadays they are capable of draining "life force" even from trees and animals in emergency cases. This method is so harmful to the nature that their dying planets are easily recognizeable after their culling. They can cull and harm humans even without touching them directly from a certain distance, so the fight is extremely dangerous against them.

Tribe H : a Wraith tribe who has upgraded itself through genetic experiments. They have found a way to grow wings like the Iratus bugs as they use their Iratus stem cells in their Wraith babies. They are extremely good hunters as they can much easier levitate in the woods. Since they are not groundbound, their hive is not following the normal interiors. They are considered rather insects instead of sensitive beings, but their animal insticts are remarkable. They can feed on Iratus bugs as they believe it will make them stronger, but this is the main reason why other tribes consider them as heretic.

Tribe I : a Wraith tribe which has digged his damaged hive underground. They have adapted to darkness and they can easily see in the dark. They are a master of teleportation, so they can beam themselves and their victims up and down through the ground. They developed a specific hunting method which makes them immune to the beaming of hostile Wraith darts.

Tribe J : a Wraith tribe which prefers archeology. They are obessessed with everything what is related to the Ancients as they strongly believe they can also achieve ascension if they can study their heritage. Other Wraith tribes consider them crazy bookworms who rather play with their food instead of consuming them immediately. They can feel the presence of the ATA gene carriers and they have isolated the gene for their own use as they send their own human worshippers for different missions. They like making excavations on Ancient ruins for any little type of technology or a piece of information what everybody else would consider worthless.

Tribe K : a Wraith tribe which prefers technology over brute physical force. They are interested in exploring the galaxy to locate every potential human world as part of the feeding ground, so they have got a good knowledge about the Pegasus galaxy. Their knowledge and loyality can be bought with slaves who are provided by other Wraith tribes, but they rarely leave their own hives as they are rather scientist and explorers like their Ancients anchestors. Thanks to the their highly educated nature they have got a great knowledge about ZPMs, warships and ancient weapon platforms, so they have surrounded their own hive with such extra defenses.

Tribe L : a legendary lost Wraith tribe which has stuck in an other phase because of a failed experiment. They have visited many worlds for culling, but they can communicate only through projections to other Wraith tribes or victims. They can not return to our phase, but they can lure people to such places where they can transfer their prey to them.

Tribe M : a legendary Wraith tribe who has got the strongest Wraith hive ships in the Pegasus galaxy. What less Wraith knows that they have managed to capture a Nox outpost which has tried to establish a peace negotiation between the Ancients and the Wraith. Nobody knows what has happened with the Nox members, if they were ever rescued or they are still kept as prisoners. This tribe has learned a lot of their advanced guest, so they have become a master of engineering and terraforming. They are really good at growing corridors and extra defenses on any hive, so when they were defeated this technology has fallen into the hands of other Wraith tribes. Nobody has seen them for centuries, but new Genii reports mention something unnatural is lurking again in the abadonned corners of the Pegasus galaxy.

Tribe N : a smaller Goa'uld Systemlord (Eris) has fled to the Pegasus galaxy with a Ha'tak ship where she has tried to rebuild her empire. Unfortunately the Wraith has found her very quickly, but he has managed to swap his host into a careless Wraith Queen. The Wraith-Goa'uld Queen knows about the symbionte poision what the SGC has got in hand, so she hasn't built a Wraith Jaffa army. His sarcophagus technology was also built into the Hive ship, so this young tribe has started a rapid evolution, but nobody knows what are their future plans.

Tribe O : a Wraith tribe who has found the Bug People, who were Michael's failed experiment. They have managed to evolve them into a sligthly more obedient soldiers via their mental link.

Tribe P : a Wraith tribe who decided to leave the Pegasus galaxy and they are flying to the Milky way galaxy. The journey will last for years, but nobody can predict what will happen if they contact with the local races. They strongly believe a Wraith hive has settled down in the Milky Way thousand years ago ago as they were following a Furling Utopia (Eden) signal from subspace...

Tribe R : a Wraith tribe who wears an Iratus bug or bugs as a bracelet or like an exoskeleton organ on their lower arm. The Iratus bug is so deeply attached to their wrists through the veins that it is part of their body now and acts like a symbionte. The Iratus bug gives them extra physical strength while it also provides extra protection as when the Iratus bug is mature enough then it turns into a cocoon type state which makes harden his body.

Tribe S : a Wraith tribe which has really followed a Furling signal from the Milky Way which was used to call intelligent races to a mass gathering. They have settled down in the Milky Way, but they are pretending to be humans as their Wraith projections can cover their true identity.

So something similar. Then there would be 3-4 alliances between them who is with who and why do they hate or support each other.

Feel free to use them in any Wraith related fan fiction.
                Last edited by Platschu; 13 March 2020, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Wow. 17000+ views. Thank you, gaters. It is good to know you find my SG ideas interesting.

I like when an alien race has got different folks, tribes, fractions as nothing should be just black or white. Normally there is no time to introduce a deeper lore on television, so such lore details maybe work better in books or supporting materials. The Wraith tribes were such quick improvizations as I have tried to imagine myself as a Wraith then what motivations would be priority. : hunger, culling, Iratus bugs, rivalry. And if you have read the previous Wraith heavy comment, then you can see how different the philosophy and attitude of a race can be just because of environment, lifestyle, resouces, religiom, science, anatomy or any other reasons. I would like to see such things in future SG project. We don't have to copy the Game of Thrones and make raging houses and fractions, but it is good if a race is introduced more colorfully, so the writers can choose whichever style they really prefer in their story.

So here are some Unas related tribe and plot ideas :

Unas tribe A : there could be a smaller Goa'uld Systemlord who has kept his Unas host during centuries in spite of most of the Systemlord prefer humans. He has also kept his Unas slaves as his "Jaffas" as they are stronger than human Jaffas, but technically they don't carry a symbiote anymore. These Unas are educated like humans to modify them into a hok'unas tribe (phrase is similar to the hok'taur - advanced humans). So they have got an advanced language skill, but they are not more clever than any average human, but they still count as the cleverest amongst the Unas tribes. Most of them work as translators or traderss between other Unas tribes and human worlds which very profitable as less and less naquadah mines are working in the galaxy.

Unas tribe B : this Unas tribe also used to serve a long-time dead Goa'uld who has educated them via genetic memories which are still inherited within their bloodline. That is the reason they don't merge with other Unas tribes as they have discovered this genetic link long time ago. Currently they are hunting down Rebel and Loyal Jaffas for their inmature symbiotes as they are highly dependent on the constant naquadah intake in their blood when they consume them. They are immune to symbiote poisions and toxins even if the Trust tried to eridicate them with a desperate attempt. They can not be taken as host anymore as they were eating dying Goa'uld symbiotes. Their ultimate goal is to capture a Goa'uld Queen who could provide them necessary food recources. They also hate the Tok'Ra and the tretonin users, so the SGC has had direct confrontation with this hostile tribe. Scientist believes their aggressive behaviour can be explained with the genetic memories, so maybe their ex Goa'uld Systemlord motivated them to fight against rivals.

Unas tribe C : this Unas tribe lives together with an alien race called Lamassu (or the "Fourth") which also used to be a host race of the Goa'uld. Their world was completly isolated and forgotten in the Goa'uld wars when they have managed to defeat their Systemlord. Nobody has found them until they haven't got the Replicator beam from Dakara, so they have decided to look around in the galaxy after a long scientifical analysis. The Lamassu has shared their advanced technology with the Unas, so this tribe is extremely good with technology and energy weapons, but physically they are weaker and paler then the other Unas tribes as their local environment has changed their biology. They can ride or fly on the backs of the Lamassus, but they are not really hostile rather then bold explorers. One of their ultimate goal is to find a specific location in the galaxy according to their Lamassu legends, but later we would find out that place is actually on Earth.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamassu

Unas tribe D : this Unas tribe was living and working in naquadah mines for centuries, where only the strongest could survive. Their body color has sligthly changed to darker green because of the harsh environment. They are extremely good hunters as their smell and sight senses evolved. Some Goa'uld Systemlord has tried to hire them as assassins to defeat the Rhee'tou and to capture Fenrirs on Gaia (Nox planet), but the communication is very difficult. The retailation was coming, but they have managed to stop a Rhee'tou terrorist attack against their planet as they can see them with their advanced and sensitive eyes. Some of them were taken as slaves in the past, but their multiphase eyesight works only in dark, underworld places, so they were in disadvantage on the surface in bright sunshine. Later even the Tok'Ra agents have visited them who have managed to make a trade with them as they helped to develop the TER weapons.
                  https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Tra...radication_Rod

Unas tribe E : this Unas tribe has got an initiation ritual when every young Unas must bath in a special lake without turning into a Goa'uld host as it would be a sign of weakness. They are extremely good warriors who can feel the presence of the Goa'uld as their senses are focused on naquadah levels in every living thing. They are really good geologist as they can analyse the local waters and vegetations for any naquadah marks. This skill was one of the main reason why they were kept as very elite and expensive "pets" by the Goa'uld. Their own Unas culture has also evolved around the Stargate what they worship as sacred objects as they believe there is a connection between their physiological changes and the material of the Stargates. They consider themselves as the true messengers of the Ancients.

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Unas
                  Last edited by Platschu; 08 March 2020, 07:16 AM.

Comment

The Annunaki

I would like to introduce an event in the Stargate lore what is like a Furling utopia concept. The Furlings have sent out a galaxy wide signal that advanced races through the gate system that they should meet and discuss the future of the Milky Way after the Ancients have been wiped out. Their gathering was on Earth and that was the basis of the Garden of Eden type legends which was a Nox diplomatic outpost. They believed they must meet and maintain the secrets of the Ancients, while they should guard and educate the second form of evolution (the humans) as some of them believed they will be the next Ancients after their evolution will grow and if the right human candidates can enter into the Ancient databases which were left behind on different planets. That was a golden era for humanity, when ancients civilizations have meet many alien races who have laid the basics of great civilizations. The members of the Annunaki coalitios included the Nox, the Furlings, the Asgard, the Oannes, the Lamassu, the Titans, the Unity, the Omeyocan amongst a few unknown one. They have taken folks to other planets to test them in different environments, but the Annunaki couldn't agree if it is right and ethical step to speed up the evolution of humans with direct involvement.

The three most advanced races (the Nox, the Asgard, the Furling) have come from different galaxies and they have educated not just the humans, but these new younger races. But they have also tested them if they can ever fill their shoes in the future. They have strongly believed this is the true legacy of the Ancients and that is what they expect them to do. The Nox wanted humanity to evolve by themselves, while the Asgard believed in technological upgrades and inventions and the Furling believed in philosophy and politics while they were also terraformers to create more and more scenarios to evolve life by nature or by force.

But nothing can last forever as this golden era has lasted only a few hundred years. The Goa'uld has showed up and they started rapidly spread in the galaxy as they could reach more and more worlds with their Unas hosts. The Annunaki have clearly underestimated the Goa'uld has taken more and more host races and their genetic memory was a major advance against them. The members of the Annunaki coalition was divided what is the right step to fight against this new threat.:

- the Titans have had a long war against them, but then they have decided to fabricate artificial hosts to turn the Goa'uld against reach other
                    - the Unity has gone almost extinct as they were not capable of moving quickly - they believed they can convince the Goa'uld with peace talks and they have felt safe as their biology was so different from other host races, but then the Goa'uld decided to massacre them
                    - the Nox decided to hide worlds from the Goa'uld and they have put many younger races into transphase
                    - one of the Asgard general was taken as a host by Ra in a battle, so many Asgard world have fallen as they have learned their defenses
                    - the Oannes have suffered great losses as the Goa'uld Queens have spawned so many new larvas which could swim through the Stargate into their underwater worlds then even their leader Tiamat was taken as a host as well
                    - the Furlings have been torn apart as their diplomatic utopia became a danger to every intelligent life and they have felt guilty that they have played a major role of spreading of the Goa'uld when they have invited them to diplomatic talks but then have been defeated by Ra and they have become a slave race called Straegis

The Annunaki decided to hide the human populated worlds from the Goa'uld as long as possible, because our short lifecycle and quick adaption skills would be a perfect tool for the Goa'uld. Some worlds were evacuated into secret locations. Later the enemy even captured Dakara as the Titans and the Furlings have joined the Goa'uld side in the escalating galactic war. The old Ancient capital where a device was used to create and boots life on selected worlds. When the first human Jaffa was created on Dakara and the worst fears became true, the remaining Annunaki races decided to close the Stargate on Earth's Antarctic to cut the supply of more human slaves.

The Oannes has started the Great Flood where they started to let water through the stargate which was frozen with time. The Ancient outpost was covered and they only hoped that one they the humans will find it and they can use it to defend their planet. Other human settlements were also wiped out just to not let them fall into the hands of the Goa'uld.

The Nox has decided they want to be neutral in the spreading of the galactic wars, so they have maintained only a few isolated worlds which were hided in transphase.

The Asgard has managed to make a peace treaty with the Goa'uld, so the list of Asgard Protected Planet were forged. They have also frequently visited Earth with their spaceship to keep us safe and to follow the evolution.

The galactic war have taken a new level in time. The Goa'uld has found Earth, where Ra has brought a new Stargate. He has taken a new host - a human. His dynasty has started to rise higher and higher as the humans were really the best possible hosts. They started to infiltrate the ancient civilizations on Earth where they could see how many of therm were influenced by other alien races, so they started to act like their gods to learn all the secrets and traps what their enemies could leave behind. New human worlds were established in the galaxy which were ruled now by the Goa'uld as their gods.

The Oannes have started to eridicate human worlds to slow down the Goa'uld, but then they have realised it is not the solution. Their last attempt was to send Omoroca to Earth again to hide every clue what the Goa'uld could use to find their homeworlds in the Great Library of Alexandria, but later Omoroca has never returned. The Oannes have withdrawn their forces from the battlefield of Milky Way.

Anyway something like that could be discovered step by step in a new Stargate show. We would find out what has happened, which races have been on Earth, where are they now etc. New galaxies, new gate systems can be introduced while Earth could be still kept as a centre of the events. Since our sky was the model of the glyphs that is the reason Earth has played an important role in the evolution not just the humans, but also some advanced races who wanted to understand the legacy of the Ancients.

So any new Milky Way related events could be built on this past war when the Annunaki has been split up and the Goa'uld managed to turn against each other. The Nox have isolated and hided many worlds in the Milky Way. Or if we really want new playgrounds then they could move humans to an other galaxy. The original plan was to introduce this Noah's ark story with a Sumerian myth twist, but Mass Effect : Andromeda has also had such "arks". Just imagine the Nox has decided to rescue a few races from extinctions, so they were sent away to restart. But since the Nox don't involve in direct evolution of any race, maybe this role should be passed to someone else, so that is the reason I was thinking on the Oannes as the flood myth would also fit better to their history. But since the Oannes have also murdered human / Jaffa / Goa'uld worlds, I doubt that the Nox would ever help them in anything. Such little secrets could be discovered through the Homeworld Security agents when they try to invest alien involvement in the history.

We still have to find a good reason why the Giant Aliens (Omeyacan) have come with the Chrystal Skull network to Earth. Since there were no active Stargates on Earth that could be an explanation. First gae was frozen by the Oannes in the Arctic, while the second was buried afther rebellion against Ra.

Then the Roman Empire has come which has spoken the language of the Ancients. Even the Asgard have still visited Earth with ships. Even later Sokar has taken medieval Christians, but before him even Merlin has returned to Avalon (Earth) and he has sent his knights for the Holy Grail (Sangraal stone). And there are several Celtic gods, so those people must have been taken in the early medieval times. So Earth's history is complicated in the lore and these gaps must be filled somehow.

The easiest way would be if they could find a proof that Earth and the complete Solar System was in transphase for centuries thanks to some kind of alien technology. Maybe the remaining Annunakis have still guarded us without direct involvement. So when the Goa'uld has returned with ships all what they could see that the Tauri has been destroyed and disappeared in the history.

The Wox
                    I had a silly story idea. Roughly 10 years have passed since the Stargate : Universe was cancelled. But also the Wormhole X-treme movie was also done after ten years. It would be funny to write an SG story where we could reflect on silly conspiracy theories. So imagine when the Wormhole X-treme fans ("the WOX" or "exters") make a con where some hardcore fans of Martin's tv show fans would spread gossips how that tv show is based on real events and what if there is really a portal or door to the stars. Then all the fake cover stories, especially the giant Wraith hive ship explosion would be questioned and this movement would grow into a sceptical political party. Obviously the ruling goverment would still deny the truth from the civilans even if the Lucian Alliance or Athene can also support the unrest with fake news and gossips. Now imagine that the goverment would reveal the Stargate Program then the WOX would react. It would have been funny to start Eli as a character on the Universe as well this way. Anyway if we could get a new spinoff with a revealed program then such events could be told how the humans would react to the announcement. Would they kidnap Martin for information? Would they protest in front of the Cheyenne Mountain? Would the next generation of SGC personel make exclusive offworld Instagram collections? Or would the goverment send out some official crew to show the civilians how dangerous is the galaxy and they should give up the pressure on the goverment etc.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 31 March 2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

A few short story ideas just for fun:

World of Requirement
                      Similar to the Room of Requirement from Harry Potter, there is a hidden world which works as a safety point in the stargate network too. The gate system is enough intelligent to decide whether the traveller is safe to arrive after re-materialization through the stargate. if it believes the traveller would die at the arrival send, it would rather send them to a safe location instead of letting them die. This feature was maybe turned off in the Milky Way and the Pegasus galaxy if we would like to use it in any new gate system. But it could be also fun to see a few returning enemies in a world which were believed to be killed by the Iris or the energy shield of Atlantis. Jaffas, insects, Wraith darts...

Maybe the story could start of a gate malfunction when they lose an SG team and the SGC is not aware that they are not lost in transfer, but they are sent to this "dumping station". The twist would be that the local stargate is an Universe gate without a DHD, so while the MW or P gates could send material in memory with the higher range, the Universe gate can not reach to connect back to the more advanced network as the range is smaller. Then the team must find a way how to activate the stargate and to escape back to home.

I have always preferred the idea that maybe there are some Universe type of "old" stargates in our known network, but the new ones have gained priority above the U-gates. This would be a key discovery to investigate the U-gates in the hope of rescuing the Destiny's crew while the Hub wouldn't be involved yet. If you read back, the "Hub" is the Cave of infinite knowledge what Athena and Quetesh were looking for in season 10, but we would find it out later it was the Great Library in the Roman times and it was one of the headquarter of the stargate network, but then one of the member of the Annunaki or any unknown aliens have moved it from Earth and even from the Milky Way to guard the local stargate network.

Moonlight
                      The new team would visit a world to study a gate anomaly according to the Hub's long range scanners. The world is seemingly a boring forest, where the locals have never used the gate as there is no DHD on the planet. They would discover that the local gate has got a periodic malfunction and it is capable of changing its own chevron colour, but then it turns back to the yellow. The locals have written down the length and periodicity of the colour change as it has reminded them to some kind of rainbow, but they have never find out the solution of the quiz of the gods. The team would find out that the gate is changing all 7 glyphs colour at the same time to same colour, so not just random chevrons. It means it can not be the start of an outgoing dial sequence, rather a weird incoming wormhole which is on a repeated loop. And while the cycle is going on they can also not dial out with the tablet (the same mobile DHD like on Destiny). They have to find a way how the gate system could recognize and finish the wormhole as they have realized they can never dial back to the Hub until the incoming gate protocoll is active. The team will start a search on the planet as they believe the solution or the explanation must be there somewhere. They would find out the locals observed a secondary moon which comes and goes on the sky at night, so when the team observes they find out it is not a moon rather a space ship which appears and disappears in front of the other moon. Since the object is directly placed in front of the moon to be observable, they find out there is a connection between the colour change on the stargate and the ship as it looks like the vehicle cloaks and decloaks itself. This is the reason why it is visible or invisible from the planet's surface. They manage to stop the cloaking signal with zatting the malfunctoning stargate. The overcharge must have have caused some changes in the alien vessel too. They try to take over the ship from distance and they call down the ship to descend to the planet's surface. It seems it must have been abadonned long time ago as there is no life signs on it, but it was still sending some kind of rescue signals in the subspace which was interfering with the gate protocoll. But then the stargate is activated and all 9 (not seven) chevrons are lit one by one without coding any glyphs then the ship cloaks itself and disappears. This is so weird and it doesn't follow any previous dialing method. When they show pictures of it during the briefing to the Jinn, he recognizes the shape of ship. He will desribe it must have been a modified "shell" ship, like an advanced jumper, which was used by the Ancients to travel between galaxies without ZPMs from the Hub, but now one of them must have fallen into unknown hands and now they have just made a favor for them to return it.

(Later we would find out how these shell ships work as it could be a regular method of travel. It has got a special digital DHD on the board which can always adapt to the local stargate network. So this is the reason they haven't seen coding on the stargate as the glyphs were coding on the board of the ship.)
                      Last edited by Platschu; 31 March 2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Here are some Nox related ideas :

I always imagined the Nox as the guardians of nature, evolution in my SG lore as the Four Great Race Alliance had a different opinion about their own role:
                        - The Ancients have believed they must connect the different cultures for future colonies and expansions.
                        - The Asgard has believed in technology, so they are the master of the sky, cloning, time fields etc.
                        - The Furling has believed in terraforming, so they are the master of changing the surface of planets or creating different environments to move evolution and communication forward
                        - The Nox has believed in biology and nature of evolution without interfering.

So these are 4 really different view of life, but they have all agreed they have to guard life. The Ancients have offered them the gate network technology, so all these advanced races have built their own stargate network in their own home galaxy. They have decided they will regularly meet in the Milky Way as this galaxy will be kept like an arena type of space, where their guarded young races will meet and clash, so it can prove who is wrong about such galactic wide decisions.

The Ancients have used the Dakara weapon to create life in the Milky Way again and again before and after their elimination, so basically that is the explanation while most of the worlds in the MW have got pine forests. They have really preferred the ecosystem of Earth as they had long term plans for the second evolution of their own kind.

The Nox has believed this is already wrong. While many ecosystems were evolved in different galaxies, since the Ancients have made a decision that the Avalon (Earth) based one will be the preferred one as our planet has got the richest race diversity. The Ancients have created giant domes around the Stargates on promising worlds, while the Asgard and the Furlings have helped them to create time dilution fields and mineral transformations.

The Nox has believed it is not fair to "infect" or to "contaminate" worlds with invasive Earth based plants and animals, but they have seen it how quickly life could adapt to the different environments and how rapidly life could evolve what normally could have taken thousand or millions of years. They have raised their concerns on the council of the FGR and they have got permission to isolate a few worlds in the Miky Way. The stargates were put in transphase on these worlds, so nobody could visit them for thousands of years.

The Nox have also believed in evolution, but they have respected all life even the losing one. They were really interested if they follow the footsteps of the Ancients who were dying shortly after the last ice age like a cosmic carma of fate. So they have decided to give a living chance for every animal race which was dying on Earth according to their satellites as they believed our planet will play an educational purpose about what will happen in the whole Milky Way galaxy when all the different kind of ecosystems will clash soon it or later. They have observed and studied the ecosystem of Earth and they have decided to save those animal races which would be extinct on Earth as the first human civilizations started to evolve thanks to the involvement of Annunaki races and the climate change has also started to accelarate. They have isolated and genetically resurrected these animals and placed them in their own home galaxy as they believed the isolation is the key of effective evolution.

The Nox has never really believed in the Furling utopia plan, but they have agreed they have to try to educate the members of the Annunaki coalition how to guard the peace of the galaxy and how to help the humans. They have established an outpost on Earth where they have educated not just the early humans, but their alien guests too.

We could learn later the Nox have guarded the Rhee'tou so long, but when the Furlings have fallen, then some part of their technology have fallen into some Goa'uld Systemlord hands. The Goa'uld have started to slaughter the Rhee'tou, while some Systemlords have even started to develop cloaking technologies for personal reasons (like Hathor, Nirrti) or for their ongoing civil wars (cloaking of ships) after they have manged to capture a few alive. The Goa'uld have defeated and conquered more and more young races which have became hosts or they were eliminated quickly.

Some advanced younger races have decided to beg for help from the Nox, but they were hesitant that they can not interfere. Many of their previous allies have fallen which caused philosophical debate even amongst the Nox. They decided they will protect their own worlds with unique ecosystems, so they have placed not just the stargate, but complete planets and solar systems into transphase and they hoped this galactic storm will end soon.

Then they have learned about the Wraith-Ancient war in the Pegasus galaxy. They wanted to help, but their peace ambassadors have fallen. These tragic event has scarred the Nox as they have met a unique race which has started to act like their counterpart. While the Nox could create and restore life energy, the Wraith was the opposite as they have drained it to their own cause.

One of the Annunaki races, the Oannes were the closest ally to the Nox. They have found their way into the Milky Way when their world was visited by a gate seeding ship in their own galaxy. Later they have managed to follow the ship. One of the member of their expedition was Tiamat, who has found an Ancient database on the crashed Ancient vessel. They have built their own Stargate network with the knowledge and guidance. When the Furling utopia signal has reached them they have decided to search for the Ancients on Earth, but they were gone.

The Nox has stepped up as their teacher as the Ancients have already died out or ascended. They were accepted into the Annunaki groups and they were allowed to study the humans in spite of their different physiology. Centuries have passed. Oannes colonies were established in underwater worlds in different moons, where they have placed MW stargates. But then their ways were seperated from the Nox when the Goa'uld has taken Tiamat as a host during a diplomatic arguement.

The Oannes has answered with such heavy agression which has shocked the Nox as it seemed their students have started to use desperate acts, so they have started to hide from both side. The Nox and their protected ecosystems has disappeared from the chronicles. The Oannes have escalated a major galactic war against the Goa'uld (who have just defeated the Titans) when lots of human worlds have fallen as they have started to flood the worlds with hot water (see Watergate aliens who managed to kill the Goa'uld Zeus). As a final act, the Oannes Omoroca has sealed Earth's first stargate what was the Great Flood in our history, while their ark type vessel decided to bring loyal human folks into their own galaxy. This was the original ark which was described in many cultures, but actually it was the Great Library which was moved from Earth for safety reasons.
                        Last edited by Platschu; 14 April 2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Nox controlled galaxy (or planets in Milky Way)

- no humans
                          - local stargates / worlds are in transphase position for protection in the Milky Way
                          - stargates have an extra function to change between normal or transphase position
                          - naturally evolved mostly non-humanoid lifeforms
                          - the Nox is calling their worlds as "gardens"
                          - the "gardens" are watered with pure life energy through the CBR as the Nox is connected to the Eden aliens from Stargate : Universe
                          - Nox has created a hybrid / advanced human race to communicate and they are the Nymphs (equal to the Priors)
                          - Nox has decided to follow "Descension" which the opposite of Ascension - instead of reaching a higher level of existense as pure energy, they believe they have to finish their own lifecycle as integrating themselves into the local ecosystem as a natural booster, so they can transform their body into such life energy which is absorbed by the planet (a bit similar way like Eywa in Avatar)
                          - there are many nebulas in the Nox controlled space / galaxy which is compensate the dark matter's absorbing of CBR
                          - we would learn more about the Nox's hiding skill when we would learn they can observe the worlds through the stargates
                          - they know the Rhee'tou and the Giant Aliens (Omayacan) and the Sodan (now near extinct ex-Jaffa folk)
                          - the servants of the Ancients have visited them with the device from "Sight Unseen" - those animals are part of the food chain in the transphase
                          - Nox can teleport between "tree gates" on their own planet
                          - their MW homeworld was named after Gaia (one of Titan who could forge planets) who has tried to stay away from the ongoing Titans vs. Goa'uld and Annunaki alliance vs. Goa'uld galactic wars
                          - we would learn how "engineered" planets exists and how these ones were filled with life by the Nox
                          - we would learn what problems do they face now in their own galaxy and how a peaceful maintaining race couldn't copy with it (like a renegate Wratih tribe which could corrupt their CBR link after they have taken Nox prisoners in the Pegasus galaxy, but they are also stuck in transphase as a punishment, agressive flower race with mind controlling spores, spreading levitating moss forests, a hostile anti-gravity chrystal race, swarming insects etc.)

Oannes controlled galaxy (or planets in Milky Way)
                          - stargate are located in dark or underwater worlds (like under ice on moons) or around brown stars
                          - this galaxy is filled with the Annunaki races who used to visit Earth to educate humans as they have believed we can educate them about the Ancients (they don't know about the ATA gene)
                          - genetically engineered races are also present (mythology based human-animals or human-alien hybrids) - see the Hephaestus story idea (a Goa'uld DNA engineer who crafted different new experimental host races, but then he has hided them in different MW worlds or they were taken by the Ark to the new galaxy)
                          - we would learn how Arthur and his companions have ended in their galaxy when they have followed the Lady of the Lake

Anyway these ideas can be introduced in the Milky Way or in any other location. As you can see the main difference would be that one of them is natural evolution (which would be a slight lie as some planets are modified) and the other is mainly a mythology based galaxy, where we could refelct back to Earth's history without really interfering the outcome in the Milky Way.

One of the main problem is with the introduction of a new Stargate network that the writer must explain why would the Ancients let any other race build a Stargate. Or if they were ally how they have modified the network to the local needs. And if there is a maintaining / gatekeeper race as a dominant alien in this new galaxy, then why would they let our heroes be involved in their territory? Has something happened with these races? I mean maybe it sounds cool to have a Nox related galaxy, but then why would the Nox not be there anymore? So these restrictions must be planned ahead to have a balanced update to the existing lore.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 06 April 2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks, guys for the 19000 viewers. I hope I haven't caused too much disappointment with this open brainstorming thread if you have expected some classic SG-1/Atlantis/Universe fan fiction.

Here are more Nox related ideas :

I believe these nature related race could divide the Nox into different philosophical groups:

1. "The Greenspace" group idea has come from a game called Sim Meier"s : Alpha Centauri.
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Me...Alpha_Centauri
                            If I remember there was a fraction called "Gaians" which has strongly believed in the protection of nature. So we could ripoff this ecoterrorist idea from there and make our own Nox group or tribe which strongly believes that they can do whatever they want to stop the threat against nature like an ultra radical Greenpeace (or shall I call them as Greenspace) group. While the Nox is considered peaceful, this group and their misguided follower races would take actions against any other race who is harmful for the peace of the galaxy. Obviously this is such a subject that it can be interpreted into something really bad, so some stories could talk about the questionable ethics behind their actions, but they are not necessarily evil just slightly misjudged and greatly misunderstood.

2. The "Space Druid" group would be the Nyms which would work like the Priors of the Nox. Such advanced humans who are halfway between the material human world and the spiritual world. They would work some kind of ambassadors, translators who would communicate face to face to such lower or younger races, where the Nox don't want to be involved in the first hand. The Nyms have played a role in early Greece when the Annunakis have educated the first human civilizations, but then a few chosen ones were transfered into the Nyms roles.

3. "Poision Ivy" nickname comes from the DC universe. I would like to see such Nox or Nox educated races who wouldn't mind to experiment on different lifeforms as they believe they have got the right to create or to destroy new lifeforms through the galaxy. Some bizarre experiments have happened and new races evolved who not necessarily follows the peaceful thinking of the Nox. The Nox naturally believes in evolution, but these races are "fabricated organic races" and they are against of laws of nature. But who can judge such things if they have got the right to leave them alone or must they be eliminated?

4. "Ent" nickname comes of course from Lord of the Rings. I don't want to see treepeople in Stargate as I believe the role of the Nox could be even deeper. So the "Ent" subgroup was meant for such Nox, who don't interfere with the actions of other planets. They just guard and maintain the local planet (garden) while they can completly fuse with them as some kind of ascension for the Nox. Or even the living planet idea could work with this work like in Avatar or in Final Fantasy. As even such planets could talk to each other via the Stargate network (or the CBR)

5. "Ghost" nickname describes such Nox group who never shows themselves to the material world and they want to maintain their purity in their transphase realm. They can still communicate through nature with the locals, but they prefer to be left alone. They focus their energies on the maintaining of the flow of the Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR) and they are following the guidelines of the Eden aliens.

6. "Hourglass" nickname could discribe such a Nox fraction which believes that every illness is part of the evolution and they can not interfere. So when there is an outbreak on a planet they won't save the locals as they believed the survivors will be stronger without intervention. This is not very well tolerated by other Nox fractions because they like sacreficing the weaker or vulnerable lifeforms, while the "corrupted" Nox believes that evolution must decide about their fate and the infected individual have got the same right to survive. Their role is started to be unethical when we would discover that they don't just simply stay away, but they also occasionally spread illnesses on different planets so they also experiment on lifeforms. And when the enemies of the Nox start to use their own philohophical weakness against them, then their role will questioned on which side do they support.

7. "Exiles" nickname could describe that Nox tribe who has decided to stay in the Milky Way galaxy to study the outcome of the spreading of the Goa'uld after the Ancients have ascended and left this galaxy. They are also responsible to guard the connection between the gate systems, so their city ship has got a unique master code of the Milky Way. We would learn later that was the Hub / Clave Infinita / Great Library which was on Earth for centuries, but they have moved it from Earth to protect us. Or we could tell a story how they have kept our solar system in transphase, so that was the reason why the Goa'uld could never return to the Tauri and it was considered lost.

Anyway these are just harsh improvisations, but as you can see even a peaceful race could be split up into different groups with a little background stories. And if you have read my Wraith tribe ideas (like tribe G, M, P), you can see which ones would clash with this group if they could ever meet in any galaxy.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 04 May 2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

It would be cool to hear a story where Anubis has been for thousands of years. In my extended SG lore, he was ascended and lured into the Eden galaxy (Nox controlled space). He was helped to ascend by Oma Desala, but she knew he must kept away from the Milky Way. So it would be nice to see a story how he was locked up in the Nox galaxy where he was rescued by an other ascended entity, the black smoke. There is a connection between Anubis' ascended form and those beings which were studied in Atlantis as this new ascended group would be the next one to the light (Ancients) and the fire (Ori). These black beings are eating nebulas and they are also responsible for spreading dark matter into the universe through their life cycle and that is the way how they play a similar role like an anti-cosmic background radiation. They absorb the signals as they can feed on this type of limitless energy, but it has just made them grown in outer space, while they can not and they don't want really to interfere with living things. They are not really agressive, but technically they do the same passively without interaction. They can also block FTL windows, so ships can not harm them. But when the Stargate system was built, they can feel the presence of the wormhole which goes through their body, so this is an important discovery about the higher role of the universe and why the Nox must isolate this naturally spreading threat from other galaxies as the Nox merge with planets through their "ascension" what I could descension in the past, so the Nox will play to role of " organic nature".

Anubis could have played an important role in the past. So I could imagine how he has placed a bomb or terror attack during a peaceful meeting, so that is how he tried to turn the bigger races against each other in this new setting.

The Asgard was a master of technology, so they believed in technological evolution. Maybe that part was left out last time. They also experienced on different planets with time dilation fields, which could slow down or accelarate the evolution of a planet. This technology was greatly needed when the Asgard, the Nox and the Furlings have tried to terraform planets together as the Furlings have changed the shape of the planets, the Nox have created life and the Asgard has speeded up the process. These combined efforts were greatly needed after the Ancients have gone and many worlds were suffering. But they have also made a few mistakes and many stories can be based on this plot concept. Even the "weapon" on Dakara was one of the device which could spread energy waves through the stargates, so the experiments could have been followed from distance without direct envolvement. Maybe this role was taken over some AI or some kind of robotic lifeform as first they have built some domes around the Stargates then these were extended or turned off after a time. These experimental worlds were locked down from visitors, but life finds a way as we know it from Jurassic Park too, so it has also caused some disasters or unexpected outcomes in the Milky Way and the other galaxies. Later these projects were abadonned for philosophical and moral reasons by the Nox. The Furling was defeated by the Goa'uld and the Asgard had to deal their own problems in the Othala galaxy.

We could also learn some infos what happened between the Nox and the Furling. I am just guessing, but the Furlings were portrayed like air / chrystal elementals on the Stargate : Worlds concept arts. It would be cool to hear a story how the Furlings believed they can terraform planets and change the structure of the planets. They have helped to make the stargates stronger as the Furling intervention has created nauqadah streams undergrounds in many planets. The Ancients were thankful to the new metal material, but the Nox was not impressed how they used their knowledge to create and re-create new planets and suns in the galaxies. The Asgard was neutral as the Furlings have helped them to create neutronium on chosen planets which were later strongly needed by the Replicators.

Later we would learn how the Furling have visited Earth and they were the constructors of the megalithic cultures which can be found in many places in Europe. The Furlings were the one who wanted to establish diplomatic relationship with advanced younger races who can continue their legacy. The Nox believed in natural evolution, while the Furlings believed in forced evolution. They didn't want to start wars between the educated races, but they have a questionable morale on testing them. They have created many planets in different solar systems (and stargate systems) as some kind of game to see how a race can evolve in different circumstances. But then they have underestimated the Goa'uld who has managed to play their mind games even better. The Goa'uld managed to enslave the Furlings, but their physiology has greatly evolved as the Goa'uld has started to carry naquadah marks in their physiology.

Then one of the allied race of the Furling, the Titans have finished the job and they managed to turn the Goa'uld against each other with the creation of artificial Titan hosts (see an earlier fan fiction), so the combined forces of the Titans and the Furling have greatly decimated the Goa'uld population.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 04 May 2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Tadam! We have reached the 20000 views. Unbelievable. Thank you.

A mini 2 minutes fan fiction : Dr. Heightmeyer's personality could have been stored within the blue chrystal, so now she is singing a lullaby to calm all the blue chrystals who has become friendly after her therapy. Since she has lost her physical body, she could show up only as a projection when she has gained their trusts after a period of time. She has learned the tragic fate of the Unity how they were massacred in the Milky Way and how the Ancients wanted to resettle them in the Pegasus galaxy, but she has also learned what role they have played in the creation of DHDs and the communication stones. The Unity race helped to expand the Stargate universe further than ever as great distances could be connected as they have fused themselves with the Ancient technologies as allies. So Kate decided to search for them, but she couldn't use the gate system. So instead of entering into the wormhole she has sent a message with the DHD chrystals which has communicated with all the other DHDs in the whole galaxy as a subspace echo, but Atlantis hasn't had the traditional DHD, so they haven't noticed it at all. So imagine her surprise when an old friend has noticed her desperate action. RepliWeir who has searched secretly the whole Pegasus galaxy for the secret of ascension while she was observed by the other Replicators. RepliWeir has offered her to create a new Replicator host body, but Kate has refused it as she was afraid of the nanites will take over her body and mind. And as much as she wanted she couldn't return to Atlantis either as she was part of the chrystal unity now. As a final help RepliWeir told her that she has got the knowledge of the original Weir who has read the reports of the SG-1. RepliWeir told her she must find an Ancient communication stone or use the McK-C bridge to go the Milky Way as the MW Unity could help her. Elisabeth has given a secret hint what she should do then their ways were seperated then. Kate was still stuck as an energy being stored memory being in the blue chrystals when she has managed to convince some of them to go for an adventure. The Unity Chrystals have started to regrow and reform themselves, so they have got tiny legs now which could go through the Stargate like the original replicator bugs and that was the reference from Weir. Some of the Unity has started to merge into each other to form a larger ChrystalHeightmeyer, so now she could materialize herself in human form. She could not go back to Atlantis. She has walked in the wormhole with some walking blue chrystals to the McK-C bridge which was under cnstruction. They have manipulated Kavanaugh easy enough to repogram the station to dial not the SGC, but the the Unity planet and then his memories were overwritten. So Kate has returned to the Pegasus Unity tribe to the Milky Way and that is how her new adventures starts....

If I would be in charge at least in the vfx team I would use some kind of scanning mechanism to create "alien" trees. I have seen somewhere that nowadays they can scan large objects like a rock formation and then it can be used in digital models. I believe they have mentioned such options at the new Unreal 5 engine or the upcoming The Elder Scroll VI game. So I was wondering why could they simply not scan much smaller living objects, like plants? For example there are so many rare and really weird looking minerals, succulents, cactuses or mushrooms that any of them could be digitally increased, rotated and multiplied to create a realistic looking digital background. It always annoyed me when we can see only 1-2 trees in a computer game as the programmers are lazy to make more models and it is also easier to count the graphics for the computers if the same modell is turned around on the same hill or valley. I am not a CGI artist at all, but it would be cool to see a little background decoration here and there. It should not necessarily interact with the live action actors as digital sets are challenging, just I am tired of empty mines, desert or forests. It is time to fill the worlds with life. I would expect the nextgenSG to show us some weird environment this relatively cheaper way because they can not afford to travel to different destination of Earth and even 3d printed miniatures would be too expensive. But our nature could provide the best modells. Later maybe they could even scan some animals like some weird insects or birds, but I am guessing the rules are more strict about animals than plants. I believe the technology has reached that point when we really have to some odd looking landscape for the audience next to the characters, plot and adventure.

For example just have a look at these succulents :
                                https://www.boredpanda.com/unusual-s...mpaign=organic
                                https://www.thespruce.com/unusual-su...plants-4156785
                                http://www.successlifelounge.com/108...-alien-planet/

They could be easily scanned or used as a model for creating an "alien forest" on a scifi show. Like I have played with the vegetables in my short lived Stargate in the kitchen photo series. I know I have moaned about a few times about this expectations and they can never afford an Avatar type of complex CGI jungle landscape in a tv episode. So I was wondering how could they be a bit more cost effective. Sometimes I have got inspirations from these type of photos, because most of these plants are not even known by the people.
                                Last edited by Platschu; 28 July 2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X