No announcement yet.

Milky Way galaxy in 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science Fiction tends to not age well. Dialogues are good for the screen, not so much for the printed page. Still, feedback can always be of use, even if it's critic. P-}

You should use Google Translator yourself to do the translating. That would allow you to gauge its overall accuracy, and fix the most egregious mishaps. Also, by allowing you to see your writing from a different angle, it can help with general trimming & polishing.

Comment

I have just re-readed it. Just I am surprised on my own enthusiasm. So many mythology reference was there what I couldn't remember. Some part of it is good and some of them are really-really bad. The story is a bit overcomplicated and unfortunately most of the story won't fit into the current canon / lore as it was built on informations from season 1-4. Anyway it will always stay in my heart as a nice memory.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Perhaps you could rewrite it, or at least a part of it, to make it current again?

Don't hesitate to use Google Translate and some spell + grammar checker afterwards. Even MS-Word catches an amazing amount of small blunders & typos. P-}

Comment

Have missed me? You scarred me last time to write a proper fan fiction, not just ideas. My enthusiasm was slightly broken as well as they have fooled us again at SDCC then at Vancouver too. You know exactly that I have got a few ideas how I would shake up the current lore.

Back to my own first longer fan fiction, it is not really worth of translating as it too complicated, too many references, lots of out-of-character moment as well and let's face it doesn't fit into the canon anymore. Most of the story was played on Abydos, but that was destroyed.. I also introduced the Titans as an old Goa'uld group with green eyes... But is funny that some elements of the story was very similar in "The Tomb" and "The Meridian". I can share with you to core of the events :

Resurrection

It is all about the lost Goa'uld Maat, who has disappeared from the Goa'uld history centuries ago. The story would have revealed what happened with her. She was imprisoned by Ra in the pyramid of Abydos in a secret chamber. She was locked up in a sarcophagus with a black feather.

This alien was Sia, who is a Hurter (a Malefic Spirit). These aliens have got a very small physical, black body in our reality what they are capable of forming into different objects. But their true body live in an other dimension / reality. Imagine it like you are seeing the pumping heart of a living human in front of you, but his or her body would be out of phase. So anyway these "Hurters" are quite dangerous as they are capable of reading mind from a distance and if somebody is so unlucky that they are directly connected to them then they can even control them. The other famous Hurter is Hu. He also has got Egyptian mythological reference. Both of them helped Ra. Maat later revealed that she believes they came from an other reality and they helped Ra to climb to higher position amongst the Goa'uld. These aliens feeds on near-death experiences, so they don't hesitate to physically or emotionally torture their victims until they can not read all the victim's last memories before his or her death. So they are pretty bad guys. Ra needed them as most of the slaves were taken from Earth on that way, that they acted a little. They made the future slaves believe that they died, but the merciful gods helped them to revive them and to serve them on other planets.

So anyway these aliens attack the SGC. They really badly torture Carter and she almost died in the story. Hammond called the help of the Tok'Ra, but instead of the Tok'Ra, the Goa'uld Maat walked in. She introduced herself as "Taam'ar". She helped out Carter from the massive whump scenario, but Teal'c found out that she was not a Tok'ra and she had a few Hurter with herself.

These aliens couldn't make mirror images, so they can be visible in mirrors. They looked floating rays with long tentacles, which were touching the people to read their minds. Anyway the story ended up on Abydos, where Jack, Teal'c and Daniel tried to save Carter, who was taken there by Maat who wanted to be revealed after Teal'c has found out her little hints.

I won't bore you with the details, but the team was separated quickly. Jack was captured as his black sunglass was also a Hurter. Daniel was facing a death trap as he was forced to stand on a pressure sensitive button which activated lots of zats in a wall, while one of the Hurter formed a black scorpion to scare him and to step down (to choose death by the zats) as a free decision. The main story was going about a pair of Hurters: Sia and Hu and their four childrens. Teal'c was only capable of sensing them as he was trained as "insider priest". So Apophis educated him about some mystic arts, so he could leave his physical body and to fight against these powerful other world aliens. I know this sounds like Matrix, but I was strongly influenced in 2000, when I have written it.

The big reveal was that Maat didn't want to hurt Carter at all. She was tortured by Sia for centuries and she finally reached her ultimate goal : the truth about afterlife what she was acting and lied so long for the slaves. Sia could turn a Goa'uld into a "good" Goa'uld as she has truly regretted her past crimes, while Sia has also learned a lot from her and her host body to understand the forces of the universe. Anyway Maat has died long time ago, when the SG-1 destroyed Ra's mothership. Her sarcophagus / device was in a direct connection with his ship. Sia was keeping her alive, but they were still locked behind a special chamber, where Sia couldn't walk out with his physical form, but she could leave it together with Maat on the spirit world, then turned her back to flesh and blood for a short period. That what has happened in the SGC.

Hu and his "childrens" were torturing Carter directly for Jolinar's memories. Jolinar knew what could have opened the chamber where was Maat was locked up. They needed a special item called "Palladium". It was like a statue, which must have positioned in the right place and direction in a special room inside the pyramid. This room has got thousand of little holes in it which looks to the same stand. If somebody has put the Palladium there, then the moonlight was broken on it and it was reflecting to a group of holes. Every hole has got a little crystal in it, so if the wrong one was lightened, then those could shot a laser back to the centre and destroy the object in the centre forever. To make it even impossible, if any human had a look on that Palladium as it was activated then he or she became blind. So this puzzle was not really solveable by normal humans.

Then we could have learned that the original Palladion was already destroyed as Hu wanted to enter into Ra's treasure room as nobody could see what is inside on the physical world or the spiritual world. Anyway Teal'c saved Carter then Daniel in the spirit world as he managed to kill the Hurters which tortured them. He lured them into the transport rings, where the movement couldn't affect their mind reading skills correctly. Teal'c managed to make a truce with the last surviving Hurter who couldn't control or read Jack. He told them that probably the whole Palladion was not needed at all. The map room was made from such materials, which were transparent on the spirit world, so they could see the night sky even in the pyramid. The remaining walls were also covered by strange writings, so basically the pyramid was built around an alien map to "shield" it. So the little crystals in the holes were actually floating stars in the spirit world and the colour difference revealed the right combination what could have opened the door to Karesha/Maat/Sia on the physical world. Teal'c managed to convince the young Hurter to form such a statue, which points to these stars. The Hurter was also afraid of his own death as a wrong movement could have killed his physical body, but he agreed to help out his "mother". The Hurter formed the new Palladium (Palladion) and the door was opened. Maat was released by Sia when she could see her son reached the next form of their evolution as soon as it could leave behind his own fears. Sia has also evolved from the experiences long time ago. She could reveal her final form : Ahn, the light bringer, so she turned into an angel type being with wings. That was the main reason she could walk through the walls while Hu and her children couldn't as she has reached this advance state. The final scene was that she opened the stargate to the afterlife then Maat/unnamed Hurter blowed a special horn and the spirits walked through the stargate including Sha'ure who has forgiven her death what was casued by Teal'c. Maat left to the spiritual world and Sia forced Teal'c to promise to never ever reveal what happened. Then they have gone. Teal'c returned to his physical body which was left in kelnoreem and the team was reunited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat
          https://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/sia-hu.html
          https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hu-Egyptian-religion
          https://henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/hu/
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallad...cal_antiquity)
          https://www.ancient.eu/article/885/e...complete-list/

So this was the main spiritual steps related story. I imagined the Hurters like pokemons, so they had different forms and skill sets. I can simply not find why I have chosed the highest level to be called as "ahn" the light bringer. Definately it was not "ankh" (means life), but anyway it is not important anymore. The title is actually the "resurrection" of Maat how a Goa'uld could "ascend". When I have written this story I didn't know anything about ascension or the Ancients = light beings revelation or the fate of Marduk or the stargate to afterlife in Meridian or the ascension of Anubis. I am still proud of myself that I could find out a similar story years before it has happened in the show. Maybe this little story could still work if the SG would go into the transphase realms as they could be still combined with Rhee'tous or the Sodans or the Nox etc. I hope it was still enjoyable.
          Last edited by Platschu; 29 September 2018, 12:57 PM.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

We could make a Universe continuation flow chart:

1. Who shall survive the mission of Destiny?
            a.) only Eli
            b.) only a few selected characters
            c.) everyone
            d.) none of them

2. Where should it be continued?
            a.) on the board of Destiny
            b.) from a new local location
            c.) on Earth
            d.) something else

3.) How much later should the Destiny be continued?
            a.) 3 years later as it was planned
            b.) 5-10 years later as the real time have passed
            c.) 10-15 years later

4.) How should the Destiny be continued?
            a.) as a direct continuation
            b.) as a flashback adventure
            c.) as part of a combination SG movie
            d.) as part of a new SG spinoff
            e.) refer them as lost / failed / uncontactable

The reason I am asking this, as 7 years have passed since they have started to cross to the other galaxy. Even if we could get a new SG movie, SG spinoff, their fate should be addressed one way or an on other as if they could survive the journey then they would have picked up the communication 3-4 years ago.

1. I could imagine such a scenario, where we could see some SG:U characters on Earth, then we could slowly learn how they were rescued. But it would feel like cheating, like pages are missing from a novel.

2. Or if they can not afford to rebuild the set or to call back all the actors, then some of them could wake up in an alien captivity, like a prison. Maybe the blueberrys (or the Vanirs or the Novus people) have boarded the Destiny, then they took them hostage, then the Destiny left / destroyed / hijacked. This way we could still follow them what happened without using the original Destiny set.

3. Or if we don't want to touch them, then maybe the Destiny hasn't wakened them up after 3 years and they are still sleeping.

etc.

The original story was far too complicated. I don't think even Brad Wright knows what he wanted to tell.

My fan fiction idea was that the Ori gained energy from the believers, while Ancients gained energy from the user of technology. When the viral infection happened, then literally their enemies wanted to greatly reduce the number of gate users. Then they have ascended and it hasn't mattered anymore, but some higher lifeforms told them that they can not interfere with the material world anymore. Maybe the Ascension is connected to Cosmic Backgroun Radiation, as those souls are pure energy now. So if the stargate network is like making wormholes in an apple (our galaxy), then you can imagine what the Upper Level Beings would say when these tecnology indicated wormholes starts to infect the whole fruit basket (other galaxies).

Then I envisoned when Atlantis activated the wormhole drive in 5x20, it has caused some "ozone holes" in the CBR. The Ancients were strictly forbidden to be used by the earlier ascended races, but now it looks like Earth is in great danger as this pact was broken. Maybe the Destiny typed ships entered into such galaxies, where the hostile forces were strongly against the building of local stargate network and then that is how my Hub idea would start, what I have shared before.

My other idea was the whole CBR is like part of the Yggdrasil. Like we are living in a giant cosmic bubble and the wrenches of this "tree" covers us in this reality.

The only reason I was worried about these ideas as I don't want any more Ascension or other plane related storyline as you can not write realistic hostile forces around. Honestly I would have written out the Ancients for once and all. I always imagined that there must be other ascended beings on higher levels. So if the Ori were the Fire, the Ancients were the Lights, then maybe something is the Darkness. That could be connected to Anubis (he has been away for 1000 years) or those imprisoned half-ascended beings what we have seen in Atlantis. Maybe they are part of the dark material, which directly influences and guide the flow or the resonance of CBR. If we would follow the Yggdrasil storyline, maybe the Vanirs are responsible why our Local Group would be in danger. Maybe the Asgard Ragnarok was not complete in 10x20 or a time travel would rewrite history.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

Or the CBR could be connected to the Eden aliens, who could create solar systems and planets.

And don't forget that while our visible universe is expanding thanks to Big Boom, some part of the universe must be shrinking as doing the opposite. Maybe the CBR is an echo from the past how these unimaginable forces works constantly in our galaxy.

Maybe the CBR is connected to an other dimension. You know everything exists in dual version in nature (the D and L version of molecules), which can rotate the light waves to the right or the left direction. So why would nature waste so much time and material on this duality, when half of it hasn't got any biological function? This could be explained by the CBR.

So I don't know how the CBR storyline can be finished off creatively, but it is BW's job, not mine.

We don't know if the Ancients ever reached the Destiny. According to the comics, they did, but that is not canon.

I agree, Ascension sounded like a cool idea, but then the writers couldn't treat it. They introduced Anubis, then the Ori, then they have got ridden of them with very simple tricks. Then Adria was ascended, but she was also written out with a reused easy solution. Somehow I have felt that our heroes haven't really played a real role in these victories.

We don't know what was the past of the Destiny. Any other races could board it, but then maybe they have given up and left the ship. I always wanted to hear a Vanir (evil Asgard) story, since they have reused their exoskeleton / spacesuit. The ship was already damaged and it closed its command centre for reasons.

Then I imagined that maybe the passanger of Destiny could travel back in time, so they could be the Ancients. But then it would have been a ripoff from Babylon 5 (spoiler?!), then the Ark of Truth and the whole Novus storyline overwritten my idea.

Maybe the Ascension could be directly related to CBR. If the expansion of stargate network(s) reached other galaxies, then maybe an 8 or 9 chevron address dial caused some permanent damage in the CBR. And maybe the ascended beings fills these gaps with their energy, so the float of the universe could be constant and the law of physics don't collapse. Maybe that is our ultimate goal of our existense, that we merge with the universe not just on the physical world, but on the spiritual as well.

Maybe the Great Alliance was also forged to meet with the representative of God like beings who told them what role they must play in the evolution of younger races. But this step would be also a ripoff from Babylon 5.

Maybe the explosion of Asgard was the Ragnarok, but it was not a suicide, rather a Mass Ascension for the Asgard.

So what I wanted to say, the Ancients were not stupid. Why would they build the stargate network, if they don't let the younger races to use it? Why would the seeder ships plant stargates if nobody can go there or even if they could they haven't got the dialer tablet in hand? So that is the reason I wanted to introduce those "shell" type of ships, which rebuild themselves around stargates and they can travel in the gate memory system. Then you have heard to rest of the story, that the Hub was stolen from Milky Way, our heroes goes after the Destiny as the the Attero device blocks the FTL drive. But then the big twist would be that the blockade enemy race is actually our friends, while some renegade / evil Ancients would return to humanoid form as they gained enough energy from the increased gate activity in Milky Way. So that was the reason the Attero device was activated as they wanted to force everyone to use the stargates to "believe" in them via using their technology.

But back to the Destiny. What I always missed that they haven't let McKay and Carter to join the crew via the communication stones. If somebody could help the mission out, then these heroes.

As I said we don't know what happened and who could visit Destiny. Maybe the original Ancient gorup, who sent the ships after the seed ships have been killed so this "deep space" project was never continued. Maybe they were more busy with the MW gates then with the P gates, so nobody was bothered that the automated seed ships just spreading and spreading the gate network.

My idea was that a "shell" type building could jump after them, so this new ship would have a DHD on it, so that is the reason it could be a perfect tool to try to go after them.

Or my other idea was the supergate-X303 combo, where they send supergate pieces through then the ship follows it through the stargate, then the pieces of the leftover stargate will come after them etc.

My third idea was that what if the Destiny will start the Big Bang with a time travel twist?

Fourth idea was that Destiny could play a role of a bee. So if the local suns are like flowers, this Destiny type of ships not just recharge themselves, but they also changes the suns as well, so they create "life" and they start "evolution" with changing the chemical reactions. And CBR is like a galactic wind which brings this "spores" to different solar systems. The only reason this idea wouldn't work, because then Destiny should have entered such solar systems, where the planets are only formed, but they have visited many planets with complex athmosphere and local evolution.

I was thinking that Ancients wanted to give a communication way for younger races (and themselves) to meet and learn from each other. Somehow I can't imagine that they would build a 9th chevron feature in every stargate (the U, MW and P networks), but then there is only one 9 chevron address in the whole universe. Why would they let anyone to destroy their home planet? It doesn't sound right or logical. So that was the reason I wanted the introduce the Hub which could be centre of a stargate network, like an origo, which can be dialed in every circumstances to rescue people. Maybe the enemy of the Ancients have stolen this hub, maybe a disaster sent the complex planet in a new galaxy, or in transphase. But I could definately imagine such a scenario, where the enemy directly modified the gate protocoll, so the safety and the energy need greatly increased for 8 and 9 chevron addresses. So if they could find the Hub, they could restore the protocoll, then they could much easily to dial the Destiny to rescue them.

For example even the Gadmeer could be asked how many Icarus type of planets are in their catalogue. The automated ship has tested thousands of planets, but what if it came from an other galaxy? Or what if the Hub can call an other other Hub, so this discovery could finish off the Destiny storyline, while they could start a new spinoff with filling up the plotholes.

But it also means they still have to explain what the Destiny crew was doing in the last four years. And it would feel odd that a new team with the combination of SG-1/Atlantis characters put so much effort to rescue them, while the Destiny crew don't do anything on their end. So maybe the hub or an other Destiny (a new set) is stuck somewhere halfway, so they could dial that one then dial home or something. While anything can happen in a scifi and it would be time to use the stargate system on a bigger scale with logic limitations.

Then the new bad guys will not necessarily interact with MW races as they are strongly isolationist, so they just simply closed the FTL windows in subspace and then they believe they can not be found via the stargates either as the protocoll defends them in their own galacxy. Then a new team arrives with this "shell" ship who tries to negotiate with them.

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...7#post14640177

Comment

From : https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...4#post14640224

If the communication stones could work in real time from 100+ galaxies away, then anything can happen.

I have written down a few ideas here before, but I believe you have seen it:
              https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ead-supergates
              So ex-Ori people would make supergates, the pieces would be sent forward to open a wormhole for the X304, while they would "infect" and map the stargates with an Avenger 3.0 dialing program. This idea could work with the Hub or if they could use the new gate protocols to map the stargates as the Avengers would send back the coordinates of every stargate to the Hub / X304.

We are massively off-topic, but I imagined that this new "shell" ship uses the stargates as drives. So it can detach itself from the gate to fly away, then it would merge back with the back part. Maybe it would have a special new DHD which would "mimicri" the local stargate network, so it can always adapt whereever the shell arrived. The ship would fly within the gate system's memory, then rebuild itself around the stargate in transphase, then turn back to our phase. I know it is slightly similar to the Star Trek : Discovery's spore drive, but it could work creatively. The new "base" would be this ship, while maybe the energy needs would be much smaller to jump between galaxies. What if they could have such high level gate protocols which collect energy from the locally placed stargates, so basically the "dialing effort" would up of the small U-gates to make wormholes into a new galaxy.

Then this whole "shell" could be used to rescue the X304 which was stopped by the Blueberrys/drones, but it could still help them out to reach Destiny. Then they give them a naquadah generator and they can dial back to Earth and the crew of Destiny is saved, the X304 also goes back one by one galaxy. Rush would stay on the board of Destiny as literally that is his Destiny, so he merges with the AI system and he can be forever with Mandy. So something like that.

Teh Big Bang idea just showed up in mind a few weeks ago. I know it is a bit ambitious as we don't know the real powers, realms, planes of our universe. I always imagined it as Destiny would speed up and like a sperm cell it would fly to the centre of the universe to find the "egg", then the Big Bang starts. Maybe the CBR is the echoes of this potential future as it already happened in the future, what is technically our past. Because the closer you go to the centre, you tecnically travel forward in time as they can see the fresher and fresher realistic picture through the CBR. So that is the reason I believe this mission will be finished only by dr. Rush. Maybe it will happen x million years later, but since we get back the CBR, these echoes back his future (past) actions.

The life creating machine of Dakara was destroyed, but if you have readed my evolutionary biology comment, then it could be interesting to base a few storylines on it. How it was used in the past.

Just imagine the situation of the NASA. They are worried to not infect any moons or planets in our solar system. The question is, is it the right decision? Shall we let the life spread and "infect" as many places as we can? Or shall we be isolationist, who could infect these object with the first seeds of life, but we don't do it as a sign of respect of the local evolution? The same philosophical debate should be continued as the Stargate would be a perfect tool for it. Was it a good idea or a bad idea from the Ancients? What role the Destiny could play in spreading of the lost fame of Ancients / Earth? etc. Waht if suddenly the life is destroyed on Earth? What if those little spores are the last survivors of our evolution what was accidentally left on satellites? Like in the Jurassic Park : "Life finds a way". So maybe the nature won't get zebras, rhinos or whales again from bacterials, but the whole process can restart. What if when the Sun will be a red star, then the livable zone of the solar system would be moved from Earth to the Jupiter? Then those microbes could restart the "game". So this 4D thinking what Stargate needs, what could happened, what happens and what will happen. That is the real message of CBR for me.

(Okay it was a bit too deep, but I hope you enjoyed it. )

Comment

I was reading again about Khepri, the scarab bettle headed Egyptian god. This is so weird that it would deserve an own Stargate story.

Mimicry
                Suddenly mounted giants scarabs arrive through the stargates with Jaffas on them on different Milky Way worlds. They have got the Jaffa tattoo as a black scarab on their forehead of course. Even Khepri is going with his army with a golden plated scarab. Nobody understand why has he revealed himself if he used to be a relatively peaceful and hidden smaller Goa'uld for centuries.

Tok’Ra reports and Jaffa legends say that the raiding party is leaded by Khepri, who used to be an Underlord next to Ra, but when Ra started a fight against Atum, he isolated himself from the war. Nobody has seen him for a while and his little planet was never interesting in the history of the Goa'uld Empire. Most of the Systemlords believed that he was killed by his own experiments.

They show up only on those planets which were infested again by the R-75 species and we would expect that they will start to destroy the kassa and the local farmers, but something else happens. It looks Khepri is capable of conrolling the R-75, which follows him back to this world instead of killing them. So basically he helps the locals, but nobody understand it why. The SGC experts makes the quick connection that the new spreading appearance of these carnivorous bugs and these giant scarabs can have a connection, so the rest of the SG-1 (or the new team) would like to contact him and to investigate what he is doing exactly and how a bad guy could turn into a potential ally against the Lucian Alliance. They are worried he is the resource of the new wave of Ori bugs and the whole saving campaign is part of his acting to raise up as a god again. The team decides they must lure him out from his nest or destroying it forever.

Soon it or later the coordinates of his planet is revealed by the DHD, but it looks like his stargate can not be dialed. The team decides they must lure him out from his nest or they have to go there.The SG-1 decided to go there on the board of the Odussey as the stargate is still locked up. First they investigate his stargate.

It looks like he has got giant bus sized scarabs which live on his moon. Instead of energy shields or Iris, they would make a giant ball of ground-silk which would be rolled into the stargate to stop any incoming wormhole. Khepri has got a smaller human Jaffa army, who can ride on these medium sized scarabs, while they largest ones are still guarding the Stargate.

Odussey scanned the surface and it looks like he was terraforming his own tiny small moon where he was hiding. The giants scarabs were eating / terraforming the metal streams of the moon in the ground, while they build it up on the surface, where lots of sphere type materials can be found. They beam themselves into his palace, where they would find out what is Khepri doing.

It looks like his giant scarabs are capable of communicating with each other with ultrasounds, so SG-1 is captured quickly in the palace. Khepri also adapted their "bug language", so he can control of the bugs and that is the reason he turned into a Scarab God thousand years ago in the legends. His moon is next to gas giant, so the gravity forces also affects the local wildlife’s DNA. That is the reason his scarabs were growing so big on this particular place, while the local size of the sun also accelerated his experiments.

The SG-1 also learns that Khepri was capable of following the presense of R-75 in the Milky Way as the insects’ ultrasound communication is echoing in the MW gate system’s refreshing protocols, so when the gates call each other in subspace, actually they also notify each other about the presence of the local danger. (Since the Hub is missing from the MW this could be the first clue of the higher connection of the stargates what we haven’t learnt yet.)

SG-1 finds out that Khepri is not friendly at all. He wants to use the R-75 as a biological weapon, so he wants to increase the size of them like his scarabs. When he takes off his golden scarab mask, it is revealed that actually he is a Prior under the mask. Khepri’s little world was visited by the Ori spaceships a long time ago during the Crusade and he was forced to work for them. The modified R-75 is actually came from this planet and not from the Ori galaxy. They used to be part of the local ecosystem.

Eventually the Ori lost their power, so the Prior lost some skills too. That was the perfect time to Khepri, who tried to kill his own Prior bodyguard and took over his host body, but he must have lost this battle. The Prior took his place and “Khepri” who wants to rule over the galaxy and he can easily kill every humans with his bugs. SG-1 was right about him, he really acted as a saver to gain fame for himself.

The Odussey can’t beam out the SG-1 as the massive ultrasound of the insects also confuses the beaming technology, while the anti-Prior weapon also fails to work on him. The commander of Odussey decides to use the nerve gas against the whole base even if they have to sacrifice the lives of the local Jaffas and the SG-1. They can only beam in materials, but not to beam out anyone. They can also not risk that they beam up bugs from the surface.

The clever solution come from Daniel Jackson who manages to grab the staff of the Prior. Since he used to be a Prior, he can turn on the blue lights which will keep the R-75 and the other scarabs away. The team kills “Khepri” and they are able to escape, so they manage to reach the Stargate, where they can fight themselves out of this buggy situation. They also managed to grab that piece of Ori technology what allowed to Khepri to study the gate protocols.

The last scene is that a giant scarab chirrs on a hill when the eyes of the scarab turns into yellow at the sunrise. Khepri returned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khepri
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarabaeus_sacer
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dung_b..._ancient_Egypt
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimicry

Comment

You could try rewriting the less outlandish and more Canon-ish of your fanfic's cool ideas into a new (shorter) version, more akin to an actual SG1 episode. P-}

Overall, Stargate tends to make great and extended use of a few grand concepts, but rarely uses other myths or concepts/races/techs away from the "core" set. So your "plot generator" has already produced the building blocks of another 10-15 whole Seasons, even if half the stuff was discarded or "left for a better time."

The Scarab under-god has my vote. That conflict needs to happen!

As for SGU's continuation, my answers would be 1e (most of 'em), 2a/d (a Novan planet), 3d (10 days / 40 years later, 50 years earlier), 4a/c/d.

J. Mallozzi said Brad Wright had the main story arc all worked out, including the CMBR puzzle. I have a reasonable guess about it that answers most of your questions (and others) yet is surprisingly simple and 100% canon. I crafted a plausible/explosive ending around it for the Ancients, Dr.Rush, and the "Destiny of all Things", as posted here:

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14616898

There's also plausible backstories (origins) for the Drones and the Planet Builders. Barely outlandish at all.

Go ahead and let me know what you think of 'em.

Comment

We are approching the 7000 views. Yay. Thank you, gaters.

plumber: I will read your fan fictions, I promise. I had a brief look on them. Yours look so professional with this script type version. Well done.

As you could see I was also wondering what is the Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR) is all about in the Universe 2x20 thread. Honestly I doubt that we will ever find it out.

Comment

I was thinking on the The Khepri/Prior story as well. It could be ended that the team puts the anti-Prior device next to the DHD, so when he wants to escape from the planet or to go for the next conquest, then it would be turned on instead of establishing a wormhole, so the evil Goa'uld or the evil Prior (whichever you like) would die by his own bugs.

An other little DHD related story idea or scene also showed up in my mind, just I am not so sure I shared it. We would see a presentation of a construction, where a mayor would officially open a new, very tall skyscraper of a huge city. He would hold a long speech how proud is he, what a great achievement to finally reach the Red Sun. Then the camera would roll away and it would be revealed they have built the building next to a DHD and the whole civilization is really-really small as the Red Sun is the button of the DHD. That would be the opening scene for a Lilliput type world scenario in Stargate, who tried to capture the giants (the old/new SG team) who visited their world.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilliput_and_Blefuscu

Comment

Stargate Protocols

Stargate Protocols (SP) are such Ancient programing which controls the different stargate network to improve travel safety. Some of them were written by the Ancients, some of them were written by such advanced races who inherited their legacy. Some simple gate protocols can be found in every local stagate network, while some of them were added as a special need of the local races, while others were turned off after failed experiments or upgraded by different and better versions.

I could remember these. I know it sounds like a little “spell book”, but hopefully a new SG spinoff or the fan fictions could develop new gate and DHD functions. I will reveal a little list what I am expecting and I imagined. Some of them were shared in my Milky Way 2020 topic already.

The known basic gate protocols:
                        1. Short distance dialing : the stargate can only call the nearest stargates. This function was upgraded or turned off when the newer versions of stargates were developed by the Ancients.
                        2. Medium distance dialing : 6 location and 1 origin needed to dial any location within the local network
                        3. Long distance dialing : 7 location and 1 origin needed to dial a particular location in a distant network
                        4. Time limit : the wormhole is closed down in 38 minutes
                        5. Synchronize : the stargates communicate with each other in subspace to compensate the stellar drift
                        6. Overload : if the wormhole is targeted by high energy weapons or emission, then the ending site can jump to the nearest stargate (to protect the arrival site)
                        7. Blocked : two stargates can not work in the same area of space as interference of synchnorizing, so the higher version or the Stargate with DHD will gain priority
                        8. Sustaining life : the established wormhole can not be closed down as long as living material goes continuously through the event horizon at the entering or at the arrival side
                        9. Filter : the pressure and consistency of the entering material to activated wormhole is measured, so toxic atmosphere, water or lava can not be moved between stargates
                        10. Zero position : wormhole can be established if the stargate is not moving at the entering side
                        11. Manual dial : stargate can store emergency energy to establish wormhole once more without DHD, so it can be dialed manually

Advanced or rare or individual gate protocols :
                        Stargate : SG-1
                        1. Time travel : wormholes can create a time loop if the journey is affected by solar flares (used by SG-1 in “2010”)
                        2. Safehouse : wormholes can save the travelers and rematerialize them in any chosen gate (used by Anubis in “Prototype”)
                        3. De-synchronizing : DHD related technology which stop the communication between gates (used by dr. Felger in “Avengers 2.0”)
                        4. Location bombarding : disconnect the wormhole at a particular time to release non-living travelers from subspace location to space (used by dr. Carter to release heavy chemical elements in “Red Sky”)
                        5. Ripple effect : wormhole can be affected by alternate timeline (seen in “Ripple Effect”)
                        6. Multi-dialing : combines the short and medium range protocols with the de-synchronizing to call all stargate at the same time for non living traveller (used by Baal to spread the anti-Replicator beam in “Reckoning”)
                        7. Teleport : a combination of Asgard and Ancient technology allows to teleport living travelers without entering the active wormhole between two stargates where beaming stations are built on both end (seen in “The Quest, part II”)
                        8. Size change : an upgraded version of the overload protocol, where the wormhole can jump from a normal sized stargate to the supergate as long as it gains enough energy at the entrance side (seen in “The Pegasus Project”)
                        9. Unlimited time : it overrides the normal time limit protocol if the wormhole is established to the near of a black hole and the the gravity waves / energy can directly affect the arrival side (seen in “Matter Of Time”)
                        10. Overload : an energy reservoir built-in into the stargate (maybe to spare energy for manual dialing without DHD) to slowly overload the maximum capacity, so essentially the stargate can turn into a weapon (used by Anubis with the combination of alien technology in “Redemption”)

Stargate : Atlantis
                        1. Memory travel : the updated and combined syncnorize and short distance protocol can move material (living and non living) between stargates without establishing wormhole (used by dr. McKay at the McKay-Carter Intergalactic Gate Bridge in “The Return, part II)
                        2. Space gate : stargates can levitate in space and rotated to the right entering position by added maneuvering rockets
                        3. Puddler Jumper / Gateship dialing : it allows spaceship to dial the closest stargate as movable DHDs, so it gains priority over the local DHD or the stargate can be dialed in space from distance
                        4. Instant overload : similar to the regular overload protocol, but here the Attero technology interferes with the subspace communication which instantly overload the stargates on both end (used by Vanirs in “The First Contact”)

Stargate : Universe
                        1. Ultra long distance dialing : 8 location and 1 origin coordinate symbol needed to dial a particular location in the known universe

Comment

Ida galaxy and Othala galaxy :
                          The Othala galaxy used to be the home world of the Asgard which had been overrun by the Replicators, so they have moved to the Ida galaxy. Both galaxies have got their own stargate network, but there are some differences. I have imagined that the Asgard suffered from a genetic degradation because they have visited some alternate universe to find other Asgard. Some of them joined them and intermarriages started between the different realities to refresh their gene pools. That is how they found the Vanir group in the past. The Asgards of two realities have merged and they created a new race. Unfortunately they were not aware in the beginning that their physiology have radically changed in spite of it looked advantageous. The new Asgard race discovered that they are extremely vulnerable to wormhole technology as the Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR) directly affects them while they are in transfer. They decided to upgrade their own stargate network as the Ancient stargate protocol programming was not handling this threat. It caused some cultural break in their society as some Asgard strongly believed they have to expose themselves regularly to understand the greater universe around themselves as these changed must be part of their evolution into Ascendancy. They discovered that the Asgard group called Vanirs have got a dominant AU illness what they haven�t accepted as a biological problem. One group said it is a disease of the genes as they committed this crime against nature to merge different realities, while the other said it is part of their true natural evolution. They strongly believed that the humans are related to the Ancients and their own Anchestors who used to be their ally before their extinction, so the Asgard was divided if it is ethical to study the humans for their own genetic reasons. They have visited Earth many time in the past, but they have taken their first human subjects with ships instead of the stargate technology which was already buried in Egypt after the rebellion against Ra. The Asgard have already controlled a few human colonies as part of Asgard Protected Planets in the Milky Way, but the threat of the Goa�uld Empire was rising and rising again. The civil war escalated quickly in their home galaxy. The Vanirs were essentially defeated, but they have escaped to an unknown location. We know from Stargate : Atlantis that this place was the Pegasus galaxy. The Vanirs have never used the Stargate system there as they were aware of the genetic degradation, so they have planned to conquer this reality a long time ago. They could have saved the rest of the Asgard, but they have kept their discoveries for themselves, then the Replicators have weakened their old brothers anyway.

Tauri has inherited the legacy of the Asgard, so they decided to study their technology at the ruins of the Ida and Othala galaxy. Unfortunately the Vanirs have also returned to take back their legacy, while new scavangers races also decided to find useful technologies in Asgard ruins after they managed to capture some Asgard Protected Planets.

So here are some potential stargate protocol which makes the local stargate network unique in these galaxies :
                          1. Projection : Asgard were capable of sending holograms through the active wormhole, so they could look around on the other side without entering the wormhole. This technology was stolen by Anubis and Baal as it was seen in the SGC a few times (like in �Redemption� and �Reckoning�). Only that person can be projectile who holds his hand on the DHD chrystal at the entering side.
                          2. Scanning : the Asgard placed a device on every stargate above the 7th Chevron. It works similar to the Thor�s hammer. It can scan the entering and the arriving side, so it helps the Projection technology. The traveler must stand a stargate shaped clearing between the gate and the local DHD.
                          3. Beaming : the Asgards were transferred while they were wearing exoskeletons through the Stargate. Similar technology was used by Merlin to hide the Sangraal in an inner gate network in the Milky Way.
                          4. Race restriction : only living beings can enter the wormhole. The Asgard wanted to avoid that the Replicators can use the stargate system, so the mechanical lifeforms couldn�t spread by the stargate and they had to use ships. It could only slow them down. This was one of the best programming what even the Replicators couldn�t break. Some theories say that even the Ancients descended to help the Asgard to write it. If it could fall into wrong hands as a weapon, because the modified version could be catastrophic as imagine what could happen if the humans or the Wraith couldn�t use the stargate system anymore.
                          5. Poison : the stargates of the Othala-galaxy have been added some high tech metal poison, so the Replicators were not capable of eating them.
                          6. Map : gate addresses can be seen as holograms above the DHD (or between the �corns� of the DHD)
                          7. Guide : a unique hologram type beings who used to serve as local tour guides who are stored in the DHD chrystals. They are the master of the Projection / Scanning / Beaming. They can show up around the arrival side�s DHD, but they can also transfer themselves back as energy or radio waves to the entering side. Later this advanced stargate protocol had a malfunction and they all mysteriously disappeared. I talked before that I would like to see one of this last surviving guide as a main character, who could fill the role of a living MALP. Later we would find out that he or she is not only a program, rather a living and sensitive thing.
                          8. Anti-beaming : Asgard protocol which prevents the Stargates to be beamed away or moved. They had to introduce this technology when an aggressive hostile race showed up in their galaxy and they were capable of levitate the stargate to the cloud level or even into spacegate. (This unknown race would be a new enemy of the heroes as they would build massive floating forests in the sky.)
                          9. Recall : space gates can be called down to the planet�s surface or sent back to orbit.

But it depends what you imagine for the past of the galaxy. Have the Asgard built in war drones into their stargates? Where are their drones now? Have all Asgard died? What happened with the distant colonies? Have they meet with the Attero? What happened with the Furlings and the Four Great Race? Some stories could be based just on these gate related ideas if they have got a malfunction or if somebody would use it for wrong reasons etc. We have brainstormed a few story ideas as well if the memory function of the gate could lead to some VR world or some subspace thieves or time travel. Even the DHD functions can be upgraded to give a unique feel for this new stargate network.

So this is the way how we could introduce the HUB / core storyline. The Milky Way has lost its own HUB as it was moved to an other network. Maybe it was a war situation, maybe our enemies wanted to weaken our MW network, who knows? If we could introduce what happened it could be an exciting extension of the lore. Then the Hub could send out new gate protocols, it could recognize malfunctioned gates etc. Just read back as I have shared a few idead already about it.

The origin of the HUB :
                          https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14635173

Hub functions :
                          https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14635630
                          Last edited by Platschu; 03 November 2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

"Unity"

The "Unity" is a name of a chrystal race what we could see in "Cold Lazarus". The Ancients have build their first stargate network in the Milky Way (the Universe type stargates), when they have meet with these chrystals. The Unity used to be an unique race where every member could communicate with every other member. The Ancients were truly impressed with their skills as the Unity has grown wonderful shard cities on their planet which haven't always followed the law of physics, while they were even capable of copying their humanoid look at negotiation. During these talks the Unity also learned a lot about the nature, the future goals of their "guests".

The Ancients discovered that the Unity is much older than them. The Unity are one of the rare non-humanoid, inorganic intelligent lifeforms who can store the energy signature of the universe itself. The Unity literally united the solar systems through the Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR) what they could hear, understand and translate like local radio stations, so this is the reason they could communicate with each other on different planets.

The Ancients have only had their short range Stargate network, so when they have envisoned them their plan about a big galactic community, the Unity decided to help to improve their technology as it looked promising as a pact of peace. The Unity was already spreading in the galaxy through small ships and meteorits. Legends say they even had artificial planets made from chrystals. The leaders of the Unity created such red chrystals for them which could still store energy and the maintain the local position while they could communicate with each other. The Ancients took their precious gifts and the first DHDs have been created which changed the shape of the galaxy forever. The gift of the Unity could accelerate the whole stargate system as the Unity chrystals helped to locate distance positions in space, so the gate travel could be extended.

New stargate network was laid down in the Milky Way and the civilizations of organic life started to evolve rapidly. The Unity was not afraid of them as they were not competitors in the beginning. The Unity just lived their relatively simply life as matter and time meant completly a different things for them. Their biggest weakness was still that the oldest members were almost immobile, while the younger ones tried to fight in different forms. And that leaded to their fall. More and more races arrived as everyone wanted their gifts.

The Unity chrystals were really good to create energy shields as these were their other defense when the their shapeshifter skills were failing. They knew that their race is dying and slowly they will be overrun by the organic lifeform who started to destroy their colonies for more supplies. The Unity were horrified and scarred, so the war was unavoidable. We don't know the exact details or how long it took, but the last leader of the Unity was even leaded into a trap : the Goa'uld murdered him and his body was cut up into six pieces what they called as the "Eyes". The Systemlords agreed that they can never re-unite the pieces as the whole Unity community was broken without their oldest leader. They could easily hunt them down and break them up into smaller pieces which became essential as part of their technology.

What the Goa'uld have never known that the Unity has discovered Ascension in the first place and they helped out the Ancients during their extinction. They were so good at understanding the higher law of the universe that they decided to live their life in such a form where they can exist only as a pure energy. Earlier they have never known about real death as their physical shape was brokeable, but their true spirit was immortal, so it could be downloaded again or shared between other Unity hosts. So when the last leader was executed he uploaded himself to the higher existence, he ascended and only his physical form were destroyed. The 7th piece was never found by the Goa'uld and later that part became the Sangraal. A powerful red chrystal object which can banish energy forms from the ascended realm and what was used later to kill or to stop the Ori.

The legend of the Unity was almost forgotten until now when the host of Baal revealed that Baal used to be an owner of one of the Eye. While the Eye of Tiamat belonged to a special host who we know as Omoroca.

I know this is only a little improvisation to fill some plot holes in the SG lore : DHD chrystals, Unity, the Eyes, Ascension and the CBR. But the story could still work while it could lead to the Omoroca story or the DHD living chrystal form.

I was also thinking that maybe they could be in war with a metal type unorganic race which created the naquadah in the galaxy or something like that.

But even the Unity could be reintroduced as an active race again : they could have hided their capital world or they came from an other galaxy in the first place anyway.

Or the new team would arrive to a desert planet, while the Unity community would hide under the dunes, then suddently chrystal coloumns would merge around them.

Or they could be introduced in a dark world, where everything would look like a neon world. So similar to the Tron (or the night on Pandora from the Avatar movie), there would be neon lamp type of cactuses, predators and of course the Unity which also lives underground. Any scenario could be introduced on such a world.

Or since they could be shapeshifters they could hide themselves as an other race. Imagine a scenario where the team visit a seemingly human world, then they would discover that ALL humans are illusions and part of Unity.

Or I could see a shiny billiard ball type of planet in the galaxy which used to be the capatial of the Unity. Then this place is completly dead and scavangers shoot to planet to break it into larger pieces, but some forcefield would be still active around it, so the whole planet would look like a half-broken ball while different pieces would float around it. Then the new team would investigate if there is any life activity or what maintains still the shields, while they could fight against the space scavengers, then the Unity would give them a mission. etc.

And if we follow the original story idea, the "space Jinn" could be a member of Unity who lives in DHD chrystals. Maybe he was hided in the system or he was forced to stay away, but his/her personality and background story could be introduced on so many different way if you read back my earlier posts.

Since they can show themselves as humans it would be cost-effective to introduce them in a new SG spin off.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 17 December 2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

It is good to see that even if I haven't posted anything since 17th December, the number of viewing are still climbing up. 8700+ views. Wow.

I was wondering if a Muslim character could work in Stargate? I know they tried to skip the religious belief of the heroes, but it would be interesting to see a Muslim secondary character, who would pray to Mecca even on a distant planet. So if they could handle it with sensitivity, then they wouldn't hurt anyone. I even don't know how popular was Stargate in the Middle-East. I am guessing they must have sold SG-1 to local companies, but I am not really sure the local viewers appreciated it if it was heavily based on the glory of the US Army.

Then I was thinking what would happen if the Stargate brand could be bought by Chinese investors? Would you be happy about it? Because they could still write stories about a Chinese team. I imagined a little scenario, what would happen if an SG team would visit Lord Yu's worlds. It must be interesting, if you can see your own culture in a different developement. But while the people of Earth were competitive through wars, what would happen with a Chinese civiliazation if they are isolated on an other planet? I mean this ohilosophical problem could be visited by any other Earth based culture. So would they happy to see a "time capsule" of their own past in a new form? Or would they be shocked? That is the reason I loved the season 2 episode with the Salish aliens as they were directly talking how a culture evolved on Earth and how it changed on an other planet. I believe some future SG episodes could be based on these questions. Like any Scandinavian people would visit Asgard worlds or see the runes, how would they react? Or if we know that the Latin was the language of the Ancients, then what role and when have they played a role in the Roman Empire? That could be also interesting and that was the other reason I was brainstorming on the Great Library or Academy stories as they could answer these plot holes in our SG history on Earth. But then the writers should really plan ahead what eras existed, which alien visited which continent or folks and when etc. When have Nem's people visited Earth? When has the Giant Aliens visited the Mayans? So many questions, so many exciting new adventure options.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                I was wondering if a Muslim character could work in Stargate? I know they tried to skip the religious belief of the heroes, but it would be interesting to see a Muslim secondary character, who would pray to Mecca even on a distant planet. So if they could handle it with sensitivity, then they wouldn't hurt anyone. I even don't know how popular was Stargate in the Middle-East. I am guessing they must have sold SG-1 to local companies, but I am not really sure the local viewers appreciated it if it was heavily based on the glory of the US Army.
                                i've actually looked this up for my own Muslim character. Praying to Mecca gets a bit of a Pass, as in space, all directions are considered towards Mecca (that nad often what you are on is moving). Prayer is often taken when other people excuse themselves, such as for lunch or when you wake up. Hala foods depends on how orthodox your character is. I'm assuming they would psend quite some time in space, so hair rules for men would mean to a) find a barber or b), just kep your hair clean and nice-looking according to your preference (my character chose the latter).

I hoestly don't know how popular Stargtate would be, as Islam is a pretty widespread religion. My character is form Morroco, where Sci-fi is condered lame.

I think one of the biggest issues is how your character sees others, such as Tok'Ra, who share minds, Asgard, who are nekkid, and people like Teyla (wear little, women in leader/military roles, hair out).

Also, congrats on the followers. I hope to get at least a hundred for my comic someday.
                                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Working...
                                X