Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Milky Way galaxy in 2020

From : https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...4#post14640224

If the communication stones could work in real time from 100+ galaxies away, then anything can happen.

I have written down a few ideas here before, but I believe you have seen it:
    https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ead-supergates
    So ex-Ori people would make supergates, the pieces would be sent forward to open a wormhole for the X304, while they would "infect" and map the stargates with an Avenger 3.0 dialing program. This idea could work with the Hub or if they could use the new gate protocols to map the stargates as the Avengers would send back the coordinates of every stargate to the Hub / X304.

We are massively off-topic, but I imagined that this new "shell" ship uses the stargates as drives. So it can detach itself from the gate to fly away, then it would merge back with the back part. Maybe it would have a special new DHD which would "mimicri" the local stargate network, so it can always adapt whereever the shell arrived. The ship would fly within the gate system's memory, then rebuild itself around the stargate in transphase, then turn back to our phase. I know it is slightly similar to the Star Trek : Discovery's spore drive, but it could work creatively. The new "base" would be this ship, while maybe the energy needs would be much smaller to jump between galaxies. What if they could have such high level gate protocols which collect energy from the locally placed stargates, so basically the "dialing effort" would up of the small U-gates to make wormholes into a new galaxy.

Then this whole "shell" could be used to rescue the X304 which was stopped by the Blueberrys/drones, but it could still help them out to reach Destiny. Then they give them a naquadah generator and they can dial back to Earth and the crew of Destiny is saved, the X304 also goes back one by one galaxy. Rush would stay on the board of Destiny as literally that is his Destiny, so he merges with the AI system and he can be forever with Mandy. So something like that.

Teh Big Bang idea just showed up in mind a few weeks ago. I know it is a bit ambitious as we don't know the real powers, realms, planes of our universe. I always imagined it as Destiny would speed up and like a sperm cell it would fly to the centre of the universe to find the "egg", then the Big Bang starts. Maybe the CBR is the echoes of this potential future as it already happened in the future, what is technically our past. Because the closer you go to the centre, you tecnically travel forward in time as they can see the fresher and fresher realistic picture through the CBR. So that is the reason I believe this mission will be finished only by dr. Rush. Maybe it will happen x million years later, but since we get back the CBR, these echoes back his future (past) actions.

The life creating machine of Dakara was destroyed, but if you have readed my evolutionary biology comment, then it could be interesting to base a few storylines on it. How it was used in the past.

Just imagine the situation of the NASA. They are worried to not infect any moons or planets in our solar system. The question is, is it the right decision? Shall we let the life spread and "infect" as many places as we can? Or shall we be isolationist, who could infect these object with the first seeds of life, but we don't do it as a sign of respect of the local evolution? The same philosophical debate should be continued as the Stargate would be a perfect tool for it. Was it a good idea or a bad idea from the Ancients? What role the Destiny could play in spreading of the lost fame of Ancients / Earth? etc. Waht if suddenly the life is destroyed on Earth? What if those little spores are the last survivors of our evolution what was accidentally left on satellites? Like in the Jurassic Park : "Life finds a way". So maybe the nature won't get zebras, rhinos or whales again from bacterials, but the whole process can restart. What if when the Sun will be a red star, then the livable zone of the solar system would be moved from Earth to the Jupiter? Then those microbes could restart the "game". So this 4D thinking what Stargate needs, what could happened, what happens and what will happen. That is the real message of CBR for me.

(Okay it was a bit too deep, but I hope you enjoyed it. )
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

I was reading again about Khepri, the scarab bettle headed Egyptian god. This is so weird that it would deserve an own Stargate story.

Mimicry
    Suddenly mounted giants scarabs arrive through the stargates with Jaffas on them on different Milky Way worlds. They have got the Jaffa tattoo as a black scarab on their forehead of course. Even Khepri is going with his army with a golden plated scarab. Nobody understand why has he revealed himself if he used to be a relatively peaceful and hidden smaller Goa'uld for centuries.

Tok’Ra reports and Jaffa legends say that the raiding party is leaded by Khepri, who used to be an Underlord next to Ra, but when Ra started a fight against Atum, he isolated himself from the war. Nobody has seen him for a while and his little planet was never interesting in the history of the Goa'uld Empire. Most of the Systemlords believed that he was killed by his own experiments.

They show up only on those planets which were infested again by the R-75 species and we would expect that they will start to destroy the kassa and the local farmers, but something else happens. It looks Khepri is capable of conrolling the R-75, which follows him back to this world instead of killing them. So basically he helps the locals, but nobody understand it why. The SGC experts makes the quick connection that the new spreading appearance of these carnivorous bugs and these giant scarabs can have a connection, so the rest of the SG-1 (or the new team) would like to contact him and to investigate what he is doing exactly and how a bad guy could turn into a potential ally against the Lucian Alliance. They are worried he is the resource of the new wave of Ori bugs and the whole saving campaign is part of his acting to raise up as a god again. The team decides they must lure him out from his nest or destroying it forever.

Soon it or later the coordinates of his planet is revealed by the DHD, but it looks like his stargate can not be dialed. The team decides they must lure him out from his nest or they have to go there.The SG-1 decided to go there on the board of the Odussey as the stargate is still locked up. First they investigate his stargate.

It looks like he has got giant bus sized scarabs which live on his moon. Instead of energy shields or Iris, they would make a giant ball of ground-silk which would be rolled into the stargate to stop any incoming wormhole. Khepri has got a smaller human Jaffa army, who can ride on these medium sized scarabs, while they largest ones are still guarding the Stargate.

Odussey scanned the surface and it looks like he was terraforming his own tiny small moon where he was hiding. The giants scarabs were eating / terraforming the metal streams of the moon in the ground, while they build it up on the surface, where lots of sphere type materials can be found. They beam themselves into his palace, where they would find out what is Khepri doing.

It looks like his giant scarabs are capable of communicating with each other with ultrasounds, so SG-1 is captured quickly in the palace. Khepri also adapted their "bug language", so he can control of the bugs and that is the reason he turned into a Scarab God thousand years ago in the legends. His moon is next to gas giant, so the gravity forces also affects the local wildlife’s DNA. That is the reason his scarabs were growing so big on this particular place, while the local size of the sun also accelerated his experiments.

The SG-1 also learns that Khepri was capable of following the presense of R-75 in the Milky Way as the insects’ ultrasound communication is echoing in the MW gate system’s refreshing protocols, so when the gates call each other in subspace, actually they also notify each other about the presence of the local danger. (Since the Hub is missing from the MW this could be the first clue of the higher connection of the stargates what we haven’t learnt yet.)

SG-1 finds out that Khepri is not friendly at all. He wants to use the R-75 as a biological weapon, so he wants to increase the size of them like his scarabs. When he takes off his golden scarab mask, it is revealed that actually he is a Prior under the mask. Khepri’s little world was visited by the Ori spaceships a long time ago during the Crusade and he was forced to work for them. The modified R-75 is actually came from this planet and not from the Ori galaxy. They used to be part of the local ecosystem.

Eventually the Ori lost their power, so the Prior lost some skills too. That was the perfect time to Khepri, who tried to kill his own Prior bodyguard and took over his host body, but he must have lost this battle. The Prior took his place and “Khepri” who wants to rule over the galaxy and he can easily kill every humans with his bugs. SG-1 was right about him, he really acted as a saver to gain fame for himself.

The Odussey can’t beam out the SG-1 as the massive ultrasound of the insects also confuses the beaming technology, while the anti-Prior weapon also fails to work on him. The commander of Odussey decides to use the nerve gas against the whole base even if they have to sacrifice the lives of the local Jaffas and the SG-1. They can only beam in materials, but not to beam out anyone. They can also not risk that they beam up bugs from the surface.

The clever solution come from Daniel Jackson who manages to grab the staff of the Prior. Since he used to be a Prior, he can turn on the blue lights which will keep the R-75 and the other scarabs away. The team kills “Khepri” and they are able to escape, so they manage to reach the Stargate, where they can fight themselves out of this buggy situation. They also managed to grab that piece of Ori technology what allowed to Khepri to study the gate protocols.

The last scene is that a giant scarab chirrs on a hill when the eyes of the scarab turns into yellow at the sunrise. Khepri returned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khepri
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarabaeus_sacer
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dung_b..._ancient_Egypt
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimicry
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Staff Sergeant

You could try rewriting the less outlandish and more Canon-ish of your fanfic's cool ideas into a new (shorter) version, more akin to an actual SG1 episode. P-}

Overall, Stargate tends to make great and extended use of a few grand concepts, but rarely uses other myths or concepts/races/techs away from the "core" set. So your "plot generator" has already produced the building blocks of another 10-15 whole Seasons, even if half the stuff was discarded or "left for a better time."

The Scarab under-god has my vote. That conflict needs to happen!

As for SGU's continuation, my answers would be 1e (most of 'em), 2a/d (a Novan planet), 3d (10 days / 40 years later, 50 years earlier), 4a/c/d.

J. Mallozzi said Brad Wright had the main story arc all worked out, including the CMBR puzzle. I have a reasonable guess about it that answers most of your questions (and others) yet is surprisingly simple and 100% canon. I crafted a plausible/explosive ending around it for the Ancients, Dr.Rush, and the "Destiny of all Things", as posted here:

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14616898

There's also plausible backstories (origins) for the Drones and the Planet Builders. Barely outlandish at all.

Go ahead and let me know what you think of 'em.

We are approching the 7000 views. Yay. Thank you, gaters.

plumber: I will read your fan fictions, I promise. I had a brief look on them. Yours look so professional with this script type version. Well done.

As you could see I was also wondering what is the Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR) is all about in the Universe 2x20 thread. Honestly I doubt that we will ever find it out.

I was thinking on the The Khepri/Prior story as well. It could be ended that the team puts the anti-Prior device next to the DHD, so when he wants to escape from the planet or to go for the next conquest, then it would be turned on instead of establishing a wormhole, so the evil Goa'uld or the evil Prior (whichever you like) would die by his own bugs.

An other little DHD related story idea or scene also showed up in my mind, just I am not so sure I shared it. We would see a presentation of a construction, where a mayor would officially open a new, very tall skyscraper of a huge city. He would hold a long speech how proud is he, what a great achievement to finally reach the Red Sun. Then the camera would roll away and it would be revealed they have built the building next to a DHD and the whole civilization is really-really small as the Red Sun is the button of the DHD. That would be the opening scene for a Lilliput type world scenario in Stargate, who tried to capture the giants (the old/new SG team) who visited their world.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilliput_and_Blefuscu