No announcement yet.

Milky Way galaxy in 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know about the religious rules even if I am not Muslim. I have visited a few countries in my life, so I have seen many-many wonderful mosques and palaces. But I am not so sure whether a Muslim (or any other deeply religous) character could work in Stargate without hurting the feeling of anyone. They almost crossed that line with the Ori storyline as well, what could be translated so many different way. They tried it in the Stargate : Universe as well, but it still feels "safer" if they don't talk about such subjects of the main heroes.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I know about the religious rules even if I am not Muslim. I have visited a few countries in my life, so I have seen many-many wonderful mosques and palaces. But I am not so sure whether a Muslim (or any other deeply religous) character could work in Stargate without hurting the feeling of anyone. They almost crossed that line with the Ori storyline as well, what could be translated so many different way. They tried it in the Stargate : Universe as well, but it still feels "safer" if they don't talk about such subjects of the main heroes.
      I may be biased, but I grew up with shows that didn't play things safe. Sure, most skipped religion in genreal, but they didn't always want to play things safe and these days they are lauded for that.

I don't think it's an issue of religion. Religion and spirituality were something Babylon 5 was praised for and something Trek, at the same time, was also priased for. How they worked is that those characters didn't push religion on anyone else (maybe bad guys did), but the focus was on the faith of the character, not demands from the religion. Teyla and her people were deeply spiritual. Cameron disliked relion due to the pressure and the hatred that came from it,not the facrt that it was Christianity.

But if YOU don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Thanks, but I am not a writer rather a dreamer. I am just a fan with a wild imagination, who likes giving tools and ideas for other fans. I mean everybody expect only the direct continuation of SG-1/Atlantis/Universe, but if you ever played RPGs, just imagine how the galaxy works, how the gate system works, which allies and enemies we have got now then how can we move forward to start something new, original, but also respectful to the canon. But I am not Brad Wright. I wish he could read this thread for a little inspiration.

Occasionally I am still thinking on my the three-four main story ideas : the Stargate Origins - Omoroca story, the Asgard and the Academy related spinoff ideas. All of them have got their own aspects, stargate networks.

1. Omoroca: would be the introduction of the Oannes and the Giant Aliens, the Furling Moon Doors : so it would be rather on alien intervention on Earth - like a Man in Black type Stargate : Homeworld show

2. Stargate : Valhalla : would deal with the remains of the Asgard legacy : search for Valhalla, the Yggdrasil tree, the Nine worlds, the return of Vanirs, some crossover with the Universe (Nakai conflict and the previous Asgard expedition on Destiny)

3. Academy : would deal with transphase related races and adventures : mainly ecology, biology, geology related problems

4. The fourth one could deal with AU threats, but it could be connected to the Ragnarok (Asgard) series idea

Maybe I should take plumber's advice and properly think about the details and main plots. But if you read back, you can find lots of ideas here anyway.

Stargate : Valhalla / Stargate : Ragnarok

When the Asgard destroyed themselves, what if they dialed a 9 chevron address (the Bifrost)? I know it is a bit easy way to rescue them, but the explosion could be a result that they were sitting on an Icarus type of planet. It doesn't mean necessarily they have gone to Destiny, because there could be lots of other 9 chevron addresses... Maybe they wanted to make a final test for the humans how we will use their knowledge or something.

Even the Nine Realms could be the address to Valhalla where they have gone (theoratically).
        https://norse-mythology.org/cosmology/the-nine-worlds/
        https://norse-mythology.net/the-nine...rse-mythology/
        https://norse-mythology.org/tales/ragnarok/
        I know Marvel has done the Thor : Ragnarok movie, but it doesn't mean these legends couldn't be used in Stargate. So 9 worlds = 9 chevron symbol which must be dialed from a Stonehenge type of building. So far Earth would know what was Midgard's symbol. The Atlantis expedition could talk and warn about the presence Vanirs in the Pegasus galaxy, so they must know where is Vanaheim. They could also arrive to the Milky Way to check upon some Protected Planets which must be guarded by Earth know from other alien revengers. The "Asgard" as a planet could be a Replicator destroyed Asgard homeworld in the Ida galaxy... Maybe the Destiny was a symbol of "Hel" as a realm of dead. So our new heroes would fly to the Asgard controlled galaxies to find out where are the other locations, so they could prove that they are really the heir of their legacy. The Nine Worlds could be even in 9 different galaxies, but that would slightly overcomplicate things. Then it would mean that Muspelheim is the Ori galaxy, but the Asgard has never been there.

But it depends how this complex tale would be told as it could be shorten into a Stargate Origins - Yggdrasil story....
        Last edited by Platschu; 11 February 2019, 09:14 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Thanks, but I am not a writer rather a dreamer. I am just a fan with a wild imagination, who likes giving tools and ideas for other fans. I mean everybody expect only the direct continuation of SG-1/Atlantis/Universe, but if you ever played RPGs, just imagine how the galaxy works, how the gate system works, which allies and enemies we have got now then how can we move forward to start something new, original, but also respectful to the canon. But I am not Brad Wright. I wish he could read this thread for a little inspiration. .
          I would love to have you over on my discord, but only if you're happy. I'm setting up my own continuation comic, and I'm looking for input from other fans (or just have them happily chat stargate stuff) for more ideas.

All three first ideas look like they could greatyly help the story. But I'd never steal from another fan.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

If you don't mind I would like to keep these story / series ideas as they are not finished and I have to consider what could or couldn't be fitted into the canon easily. I rarely read fan fictions, but if I can help in anything just let me know. I haven't got too much time to spin on them, but I was being kissed by a muse occasionally then it feels like this thread wrote itself. Probably it depends on my mood. Sometimes ideas show up in my mind while I am swimming. Probably I should focus on one thing at a time, but if you have read the whole topic, there were so many nice things improvised here. Sometimes I just imagine a cool scene then I was wondering how could I spin a story around it? Or how could mythological animals, races or events be included in the Stargate lore?

That is how I have imagined the Omoroca story as it would be a great Stargate Origins story, while it could setup even more Origins story if it is written cleverly. We know that Omoroca had died on Earth, but I have seen a little picture in front me that she is standing in a lake, protected by a forcefield around herself while hundreds of swarming Goa'ulds are watching her every move. It has felt like a Matrix poster, when Neo stopped the bullets. Then I was digging here and there, so I have read more and more details about the Gilgames story. I wanted to connect her to Baal, so what if Belos is an other name of Baal? Then I was checking some details of Epic of Gilgamesh, then you know the rest of the story...
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh
            I also wanted to find a logic reason why the Sahara was growing up suddently in the last few thousand years. Since I would like to change the focus of a potential new Stargate show towards protection of environment, biological hazards, then I was thinking what if Omoroca's ship caused this wound on Earth? Could her spaceship still be in the desert somewhere? Could the ship's energy needs drain all the water? Or was it moved to other planets through the Stargate? Could she flood the Antartic outpost? So these ones were the first steps then I was thinking how could I brainstorm a story which could build on the existing informations, could include some introduced characters (like Hathor and Baal), while it could fill some plot holes and obviously could move the whole franchise into a new direction. So that is how I imagine stories, but not necessarily conversations or characters. That could be the next step, just as I have said the ideas come randomly and I also don't focus on one subject.
            Last edited by Platschu; 12 February 2019, 02:09 AM.

Comment

That's perfectly fine. They're your ideas and your stories to make after all. Good luck

Comment

No comments in the fan fiction folder for 3 weeks! Wow.

It looks like my little thread here has reached the 10k views. Well done and thank you guys!

I have been in Israel and Jordan for a holiday. And I was thinking that even the Dead Sea could be a good place to hide Omoroca's ship on Earth. Maybe the Oannes biology or technology caused such salt concentration in the water or it could be a self defense against the Goa'uld. So if America would be left out then her story could be connected to this geographical region and it would fit more between the Egyptian - Sumerian legends too.

Comment

I may have publicized this thread a couple times on Reddit, as people keep asking how should Stargate continue.

Don't burden Platschu (or his muse) with the little details. He needs to fly high for the grand concepts.
                  Last edited by plumber; 09 April 2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Ohh thank you and welcome back. You are still my most loyal fan here. Maybe we should submit this thread to Brad Wright on Twitter (@bradtravelers), so he could get some inspiration about the next SG show. But as far as I know they are not allowed to read "fan fiction", so the mind of the official writers can not be influenced by fan ideas.

I was more active on Stargate : Command in the last few months. I have put a few hundreds quizes there and I have also published some part of this thread there.
                    https://www.stargatecommand.co/profile/Platschu

"Stargate Ships and Battles" quiz series (up to 45!)
                    https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=fb920687

"SG notes, maps, messages" quiz series (up to 100!)

"Stargate in the kitchen" photo series :

"Stargate in the world" photo series :

"Stargate in the park" photo series :

My QUIZ questions:

My GLYPH series :

My SCIENCE series :

So as you can see I was busy. But I was still not good enough to be a Superfan.

I was thinking on a logic game as well, where Replicator infections must be managed by players. Like a Lemmings game in Stargate environment. Players could place obstacles, time bubbles, exotic metal parts, beaming up items to lure them away etc.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 08 April 2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

This thread has reached the 12000+ views. Amazing. Thank you. Maybe I should return to brainstorm again...

I have just mentioned in an other thread that I wish we could have seen an AU version of Earth where Egypt has ruled on the planet, the Goa'uld has never left. So basically it could have been a standalone little episode about an Egyptianized version of Earth. There was a similar episode in an early Sliders episode. And even Ba'al has tried his utopia in Continuum. So what would happen if the whole planet would be ruled by the Goa'uld? How could our heroes convince them that they are serving false gods? Then I was thinking it would be a bit hard to explain why the English language hasn't spread, but if the Goa'uld / Tok'Ra studied the language of the Ancients maybe some weird Latin speaking resistance could have been formed like in the "V". So that was my other worry that this episode idea sounds really a ripoff of that t show. Not to mention you still have to find a good reason what interesting story plot can be told in such setting. Maybe the Asgard would kidnap people to modify them genetically to be resistant to the Goa'uld, so they couldn't use humans as hosts. Maybe the time would find out that if SG-1 was never formed then the rebellion has never happened against Ra... Maybe the team could try to find Egeria who is still alive and then to convince her to establish the Tok'Ra, so they would use her knowledge to create the tretonin or the symbionte poision which could kill all the Goa'uld on Earth. Or the story could move to involvement of the Harsiesis children as not every Goa'uld would keep all the rules in Ra's courtyard, so some of them would seek the knowledge of the Ancients. So they could even reprogram the Ancient weapon on Dakara to kill all Goa'uld, but then it would mean the death of all Jaffas. Just similar story was also told previously about this moral dilemma. But anyway the Goa'uld has been defeated and they are written out, so such ideas could have worked only with the SG-1, but the Continuum has really served the Goa'uld nostalgia etc.

Comment

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...G-shows)/page3

I was thinking on how to create our own Stargate board game. It should be something simple, but something elegant and not too boring, which could played by 1-2-3-4 people and what could be made even at home. I am still thinking on the rules how it could work or we could make different game modes.

So my idea is that there would be a printed a stargate, which has 39 symbols. We also need a deck of stargate symbols. Each player would draw 6 symbol cards from the deck and that is the planet. They have to "lock" while they are moving 7 pawns on the printed stargate and that would be the goal to win the game. The cards must be faced in front of the players by the pulling order, so it can not be varied (it would be too easy to arrange them by numbers). The 7th symbol is the same for everyone (also optional rule).

The players would pull one card from the remaining symbol deck and who has got a bigger value that will start the "dialing", but then they can put those ones back to the pack.

Game mode 1.) The moved pawns could enter at the 7th symbol position (at 12 o' clock), then they should simple walk around. The players could use one dice to establish the steps. Pawn can not stand on the same glyph, but they can jump each other (even the opponent pawns too). They could leave the circle (the stargate) when they stand on such symbol what the player has drawned. Once a pawn has stood on such symbol, it can not be moved as the chevron is "coded". To make the game quicker the order of the symbol wouldn't matter in this version. The players should really focus on strategy which pawns should or shouldn't be moved first as the speed of dialing could be essential to win against the opponents.

Game mode 2.) This version is the same like game mode 1, but the order of the dialing must be kept how the symbols are placed in front of the player.

Game mode 3.) In this version the opponent could make us ruin the dialing. So if he stands on such symbol which belongs to an other player, then he can activate it which means he can send back the closest (still moveable) opponent pawn to the 7th symbol position (starting place).

Game mode 4.) When a symbok is " locked" then the pawn is moved from the board and placed on the chevron which symbolizes that it was lit. If two symbols are locked (like chevron 1 and 2 at 2 o' clock and 3 o'clock) then the reaming pawns can skip those glyphs on the board which can greatly speed up the game. This step could be interesting if chevron 3 and 4 are locked as it could cover a big amount of the circle (chevron 8 and 9 are not playeable). This tactic could also work if you play without order as it means somebody can lock easily the chevron 4-5 track, so it coud mean a significant strategy boost. Opponent pawns are not affected. The main disadvantage could be that in the beginning it wouls be worth of moving all the pawns with each other as they jump each other, while if you decide to lock a section of the gate then they can't be jumped directly, but they can cover a bigger area.

Game mode 5.) I was thinking on such a version, where the inner ring (the whole stargate) could be spinned around. When a pawn has riched that glyph which can be locked by a player, then whole stargate would spin arond, so that particular glyph will move around to the 7th chevron position, but then it can be placed on the chevron outside of the ring, then the player can even roll the dice again. It also means that every pawns will move around with the stargate the new anti-clockwise rotation. This can be a nice combination if somebody wants to play game mode 4 and 5 together as the pawns maybw will be moved back so they unlocked segments can affect the remaining one differently.

Game mode 6.) The dialing sequence could be chosen by the player, so he/she can decide which way she would like to move the pawns (clockwise or anticlockwise), but it can not be changed until they haven't locked a symbol. So it can happen that player 1 goes to the left while the player 2 to the right to reach their own 1st symbol on the board (and jump theirs own pawns), but then if they also play game mode 5 then the inner ring must be moved to that direction which is closest to the the 7th symbol. That could greatly influence the opponent pawns as they all stand on the same ring etc.

If they don't use game mode 6 then at least one of the glyph must be over 30+ when they pull out the cards from the glyph deck to establish the coordinates of planet. Imagine if somebody would be so lucky that all 7 symbols are under 10 then the game would end really quicly. But if they would use the Game mode 6 (the two way dialing) then this rule must be suspended as if you pull glyph 30-39 then it could be easily reached from anti-clockwise steps from the 7th chevron.

The end of the game would be the 7th symbol. The players could have the same symbol, so really only one of them could win. Or they could have an individual 7th symbol from the deck as they agree.

Maybe the steps could be decided by the glyph cards as well instead of using a dice. The player could pull two glyph cards then the difference (smaller deducted from the bigger) could tell how many steps they have got. Just it means some lucky players could pull out glyph 1 and 39, then it would be 38 steps! So maybe it shouldbe divided by the number of players. But the steps could not be shared between pawns as everyone would choose that number of steps what they need to lock chevron(s).

Some additional cards could be added in the glyph desk (like a naquadah reactor, Iris) which could give some boost to the gameplay etc. Naquadah reactor(s) could be like a joker which can be placed on any symbol in front of the player, so that one can be already "dialed", so a pawn can be placed on that chevron / symbol it depends which game mode they play. The number of naquadah reactor cards must be the same as the number of players as part of the fair play, but it is their decision if one player can use more than one or not if they are lucky enough to pull them out of the desk. Nobody can have a naquadah reactor in the starting 7 symbol, so that must be put back into the pack. And if they estabish the steps by dice anyway, then no cards will be pulled anyway after the planets' symbols are pulled out at the start.

The game could be still interesting with 3-4 people as we have got only 39 symbols, so if everyone needs 7 then the game could be much quicker. The fun could be how to ruin the other players' final steps with the inner ring's clockwise or anti-clockwise rotation as it could influence the strategy. As I have said since the symbols are fix on the ring and pawns also don't move with the rotation, this whole idea is all about game mode 4 when they started to lock some sections of the gate for themselves.

Anyway this is my board game idea. I am guessing I won't be hired by Hasbro to develop games, but maybe it could be still used. I believe it could be fun and the different game modes could create so many combinations so maybe the replayable value would be higher.

^^^^ All these ideas were a quick improvisation from the last 2 hours. I am sure plumber would be proud of me as the my Muse must have kissed me again.

Comment

Here is a quick improvization (fan fiction is coming) :

Earlier I was thinking on such an idea, where my DHD living Jinn character can see on the network map in the Hub that some abnormal gate activities are concentrated only in one world, then he sends out a team to find out what is going on. They arrive with their "shell" ship which uses the latest stargate drive technology. The team arrive there and the shell occupied the stargate, they decide to study the local civilization. They find out the locals have translated some Ancient ruins which has given them a big technological boost. Unfortunately the team was treated as intruders after the first contact, so when they want to escape and they manage to flee back to the cloaked shell ship, they find out they can't dial out from the planet after the local modifications, but they can jump to the next one. They discover that there are 39 gates on the surface of the planet, which is against any stargate protocol what they have encountered before and even the navigation of shell is starting to malfunction as it shows every location as 8 symbol addresses. At least they know now that the unusual gate activity was that the gates are used for daily transport between the continents. They find a very modern noir type world which has got many Stargates, but they can be found only one planet. The local noir nations could use this network for travelling (like the doors in Monsters inc).They also find out that the locals are not evolved enough to understand the higher gate technology, so there must be some secret what they haven't told them. The team findnd out that the Ancient ruin was actually a crashed gate seeding ship which was still working, but it was unable to be repaired to fly again. This ship could make dozents of stargates but since the locals didn't know any coordinates, they could never dial out. The seeder ship has got only one 8 symbol coordinate and when they compare it with their reading it is actually the local planet's dialing code from an other galaxy. The seeding ship was called back centuries ago by someone, but then the ship has crashed into the atmosphere. The team finds out with their unique shell ship that all the local gates have got the same coordinates. They have to use 8 symbols, where the first 6 and the last one is the same, but the the 7th symbol is different and it works like a point of origin within the same location. So this was the way how the locals could place only 39 gates on the planet, but since they have never found any cartouche they could never leave their homeplanet. The team also realizes they couldn't dial out as the priority is shared between the newly named "subgates" and only one can be dominant and even their shell ship can't cope with it. So they have to jump around to find the original stargate, so they could escape. Since the locals would be a treat anyway to the galaxy, they decide they won't reveal that they are part of a bigger network. They also make a vote in the Hub that they have to turn off their network, so they will dial them to infect their network, while the Jinn warns the team that the local overactive mini-stargate network is maybe neutralized and the flow of the cosmic background radiation (CBR) restored, but maybe they have just released a new hostile threat to the galaxy with their actions....

I hope you liked it. This idea could work in any stargate network, while it connects and extends the gate lore. There could be any human or alien race on the planet, while their motivations could be varied whatever the main plot needs.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 03 November 2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I haven't been here for a while, so I would copy this post here too :

They could roughly follow the story ideas of Stargate : Worlds
                            https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Stargate_Worlds

*** Stargate : Worlds SPOILERS ***
                            The Stargate Worlds story went through many iterations and redevelopments over the lifespan of the project, but the final story which was being worked on up until the point of the game's cancellation was as follows:

All events in the story at launch were meant to be inserted into the time gap between the end of Season 8 of SG-1 and the beginning of Season 9. Following the launch of the game additional storylines would have been introduced which were to connect with the Ori plotline and Atlantis plotlines in development at the time.
                            There was also a brief plan to connect an in-game Stargate Worlds event with the launch of Stargate Universe. Following the collapse of Worlds, this part was retained as Eli's story.
                            The overarching story for the game at launch was centered around the return of Ra and his attempt at reconquering the galaxy with the aid of remaining Goa'uld and Jaffa die-hards and his new army of Straegis - an alien species invented for the game.
                            The Straegis were going to be revealed as the Furling species, damaged and enslaved by Ra.
                            The "good" player faction was going to be the Stargate Union: an alliance between the SGC, several Free Jaffa tribes, and the Asgard. Asgard player characters would be assisted by sophisticated and customized drone robots for physical and combat tasks.
                            As part of the continuing storyline, after the Asgard race became extinct player characters would be able to continue play as holographically projected by their drones.
                            The "villain" player faction was going to be the Praxis: an alliance between Ba'al, Queen Anat (a Goa'uld queen invented for the game), Mok'hatan (a disowned daughter of Bra'tac who led her own tribe), and Col. Marsh (leader of OP-CORE, an amalgamation of rogue NID and human military factions).
                            The "New Mind Goa'uld" player character race was an invention of the game, Goa'uld birthed by Anat without the complete racial memory of the Goa'uld in an effort to avoid making the same mistakes.
                            As part of the game's storyline, Anat was to be assassinated by the player characters and Ba'al driven out of the Praxis.
                            In the initial levels, players would play through the formation of the SGU and/or the Praxis and discover the existence of a widespread cult dedicated to Ra's return.
                            After tracking down the cult to Ihpet, a fortress world of Ra's, the players would witness his rebirth.
                            The next levels would cover holding off Ra's invasion of various worlds and figuring out his master plan. This arc culminated in a battle on Dakara where Ra's forces would use the Ancient device there to bring forth his army of Straegis.
                            Fighting against the Straegis would lead players to Agnos, an Atlantis-like Ancient library world intended to serve as the repository of Ancient knowledge when humanity was "ready" and master source of all of the repositories seen in the show. It was also the home of the last human Ancients, of which only two had survived the plague and long time in stasis.
                            This is the world seen as part of Prometheus in Stargate Universe.
                            As part of the plotline, players would of course need to destroy the intelligence maintaining the world in order to stop Ra and the Straegis.
                            Finally players would locate the means to travel to the Furling homeworld and free them from Ra's command. This would pave the way towards defeating Ra finally and lead into the endgame and future content releases.

Other plotlines which were to be explored in game:
                            The formation of the Lucian Alliance.
                            The dissolution of the Alliance of Four Races.
                            Players were to discover that each of the races had constructed a potential "caretaker" species to carry on existence in the Milky Way after it had gone.
                            The Ancients created humanity, obviously.
                            The Furling were to have said to create the Goa'uld as their caretaker species.
                            The Nox were to be revealed as insisting that none was needed.
                            The Asgard were to have created a technological solution called "Solacris" which spectacularly backfired, resulting in the crippling of their race and the creation of the plague which killed all the unascended Ancients, sparking the dissolution of the Alliance. The "Solacris" was to be a key player in the post-Ra content.

--------------

Some elements of the SG:W storyline could be kept as part of the future of Milky Way. But I believe a new spinoff needs new enemies, new alliances and the whole Goa'uld story is discussed back and forth.

I would definately introduce a new President, who was hostile to the whole program after the attack In Washington (SGU season 2). So SGC is closed down officially, but unofficially it was used to send criminals / political enemies, so the OP-Core storyline would start.

The Lucian Alliance would attack the offworld prison world and the ex NID agents would ally with them.
                            The role of Anat could be taken over by Athene as she knows a lot about Earth.
                            The Jaffa Empire would forge a truce after a horrible civil war between Rebel Jaffa and Loyal Jaffa.
                            SGC is destroyed and later it is rebuilt as a Moon base.
                            Atlantis has flown back to Pegasus galaxy with Todd and Sheppard.
                            Area 51 has developed new type of jumper ships (X305) as the next defense line.
                            Eli and a few Destiny survivor have returned through the gate but the don't know what happened. They believe the Eden aliens have helped them. They try to resettle in their civil life, while some of them would join the Homeworld Security on the Moon base to help out the MW conflicts.
                            Asgard could ve still alive as their Unending trick was a mass ascension attempt. Anyway the Vanirs would take over their heritage and they would even visit Earth and other ex-Protected Planets for some hidden treasure see Solackris storyline.

But this is just a start. Okay, we have skipped 10 years, but life hasn't stopped in the galaxy. New trade routes, new agressive empires would rise again.
                            If you have read back this thread there were a few ideas regarding the Nox, the Asgard and the Furling. Somehow I imagined that they all came from different galaxies and Milky Way was just a meeting point for them where they have dealt with each other. This explanation could be a major step-ahead in the lore, while it would introduce new gate systems and new gate functions to the existing status quo.

My basic concept is
                            - Nox : they are the isolationist, the protector of nature and natural evolution. They are also a master of transphase technology, so all the transphase related adventures, discoveries, smaller races would be related to the Nox
                            - Asgard : they are technocrats, who strongly believe in technology. They are the master of teleportation, so all the beaming technology, war drones, cloning, virtual AIs etc would be related to Asgard. I will talk about them and their legacy a bit deeper in the next post.
                            - Furling : they are elementalist, miners of rare materials, creators of the megalithic cultures on Earth. They are masters of terraforming, chrystals, dealing with unorganic life forms. Their past is mysterious, but it would be revealed they are also not just from an other galaxy, but also from an other reality.

Next to them a few more alien races could have visited Earth and they have taken away people for their own reasons:
                            - Oannes (the race of Omoroca) - see flood myths
                            - Giant Aliens (the race of Omeyocan) - see chrystal skull network
                            - Titans
                            - any other mythology based aliens from Asian cultures

So all of these races have asked the help of the Ancients who has designed and built an own gate system or they have "acquired" this technology after the defeat of the Ancients.

Comment

Stargate : Valhalla

So lets talk about a few lore facts what we know regarding the Asgard :
                              - there are approximately 26 Asgard Protected Planets in the Milky Way
                              - Asgard have ruled or were dominant race in the Ida galaxy before they were run over by the bug type of Replicators
                              - they were also a dying race because of cloning
                              - Earth is the heir of their knowledge after the events of Unending
                              - Earth scientists have made replicators to defeat the Ori (Prior) fleet
                              - we managed to piss off a group of renegade Asgard (the Vanirs) who were hiding in the Pegasus galaxy on a gateless planet

.... and now the continuation :

Ragnarok, part 1

A little back story. Earth has closed the SGC years ago officially after the revelation of the Stargate Programme to the public after the attack in Washington. This step started a major cultural changes on the planet as people started demonstrations and alien welcoming festivals in front of the Cheyenne Mountain in spite of the goverment and IOA have tried to communicate about the lurking dangers. Times are changing, the old Presdient has stepeped down after 2 cycles. The new President is supportive and he is deeply ashamed as earlier goverment has used the stargate to deport people offworld into the world called the Castle. They decide to turn ithe SGC into a Museum after public pressure while the real stargate is transported to the Moon.

Now the IOA have built a new Moon Base which has got a few new Asgard technologies built thanks to the Asgard Core (like new dialing computer, artifical gravity, force fields). One of the defense system is the Bifröst technology which can move people between spaces. Carter and McKay believes it is the same teleport system what they have encountered on Cimmeria which has transported Teal'c into the labirinth, so they believe it would be useful to have an own Thor's hammer in the base. And even Merlin has used in his private gate network (see the events of the 10x11 The Quest, part 2) and they believe it can be combined with the gate systems which is worth the risk to build it in as a new line of defense. Earth has got an upgraded beaming technology and even the ring transport is also available, but they couldn't figure out how to combine the beaming technology with the stargate even with the lifetime work of Daniel and Sam what Teal'c has brought back from the alternative future. Earth has managed to develop new type of jumper ships while Atlantis has been on Earth for years, but most of them were used by Homeworld Security now.

The agents of the Homeworld security would discover some energy signatures of the Bifröst, so it was definately used in the past. Scientists has a theory that they could move people and objects between planets even without the Stargates through this advanced Asgard technology.

Rebel Jaffas would also report that Lucian Alliance has succesfully occupied the Castle and the have taken captives of former NID agents. The newly formed Praxis are also planning an attack on formerly Asgard Protected Planets for new technologies.

Asgard censors in the Moon Base also detects that after an incoming wormhole the Bjölnir also activated and somebody has landed somewhere on Earth. The Homeworld Security agents fly to the location where they find only a civil alien relic hunter in an ancient, ruined Norse temple in Sweden. He is arrested and taken to Washington to the Homeworld Security.

Also the gossip starts to spread on the FAPP (formerly Asgard Protected Planet) that the Ragnarok has started. Earth has tried to keep the news of the mass suicide of the Asgard in secret as they didn't want to cause panic and to break cultural taboos. When they finally admit to the sceptical voices what happened, then suddenly the Asgard shows up on the Cimmeria again not as a hologram, but as real living Asgard. Everybody is confused and the SG teams are not welcomed anymore. The Asgard tell them that the suicide act was a mass ascension attempt which was successful as they have reached the Valhalla. The heroes of MC (the Moon Command) believes that maybe it was a fake Thor similar what Coulson has made in season 8. They are also sceptical why would Thor not say a word about it and Carter believes something is not right. When Daniel asks them about specific historic events from their past they find out these Asgards are clones of the existing Asgard, but the facility must be controlled by someone in their own galaxy. The act of the returned Asgard will change so the locals force the team to escape back to the Moon Base (Earth). They decide if they could defeat the Goa'uld false gods then they have to investigate why the Asgard started to play this role again or what is going on on.

What our don't know yet that the Vanirs will fly back to the Ida galaxy after that they have heard that their cousins have died. They want to enter into an Asgard vault amongst the overruned worlds which has got some serious weapons, mainly war drones which were shut down in the Replicator war. But since Thor has made sure that unauthorized people can never enter and use them for bad reason, he has locked some part of the masterkeys in the Asgard database what Earth has inherited. The Vanirs start to forge a new plans how to access it without direct confrontation, so they want to lure out or capture the Odussey from the Milky Way, but also force Atlantis to leave our Solar Sytem. The Attero device is reactivated and nobody can open hyperspace windows. Everybody blames Earth and the Lucian Alliance promises heavy attacks against Earth.

They decide they should try to speak with them through the device on the K'Tau planet, but when they dial High Council, they can see only a prerecorded message, while it looks like thousands of new Asgard war drones floating around the destroyed Asgard Parliament. Thor's message is clear that if they see this message then their drones were reactivated again because of the Replicators they were turned off and only the heirs on Midgard can still controll them with the mastercode. The team fears these new weapons can change the status quo of the remains of Ida galaxy if it falls into the wrong hands and the Asgards have got the capability to send them through the stargates into our network even into the Milky Way.

They will dial the only known stargate 8 address to reach the same planet where O'Neill used to go, but they could have walked into a trap. A holographic Asgard shows up in the gate room who introduce himself as the representive Vaettir with a weird Norse accent while she talks in rhyms. She admits she was the one who has arrived through the gate in Europe. She is more than happy to see Midgard again with his own eyes. She tells them she used to be a close friend of Heimdall.

She gives them a new, formerly unknown 8 chevron address to the planet Valhalla in the Ida galaxy. He warns them to not enter the gate without using the Bifröst what he is willing to modify to the intergalactic journey. He said the the Asgard controlled gate system is corrupted by the old gods, so everybody will die who enter the wormholes and the life treating technological update can reach the Milky Way system too in any minute, but if he modifies the colour of the rainbow adding an extra colour, then the new Bifröstr can transport them safely there through an active wormhole. He also asks them to hide the Asgard Database as Earth will be a target as it will lure the Vanirs here. The MC leadership tells him the Odussey is on a mission, so it is safe at the moment and the Attero device will keep them away anyway. They are shocked to hear that the Vanirs are behind the incident on Cimmeria and they must have left the Pegasus galaxy.

Vaettir also insist again that Erik is innocent as he was only at the temple what used to be the start of the rainbow (the old Bifröst) , but he must go with him to the Othala galaxy and she will explain everything on her spaceship. Erik is beamed to the Moon Command and he believes he is a victim of goverment conspiracy and now he is sentenced to be in prison offworld. In spite of he wanted to contact aliens he is really scarred in this new situation. Vaettir hasn't revealed to him, but he is a victim of Loki's cloning experiment and that is the reason he had a connection to the ruins.

And that is how the new adventure starts....
                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifr%C3%B6st
                              Last edited by Platschu; 11 January 2020, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Anyway that was just a quick improvisation like a first version. As you can see I have tried to use the existing lore and story elements, but I still have to think on the characters. Now I have just used Sam or Daniel, but it is optional. And we have to find a real good reason why the old heroes can not go to the Ida galaxy.

It is not a big secret that the hologram "Vaettir" is not an Asgard as she will the DHD living entity who just projectiles herself as a hologram. She is a shapeshifter as she can transform herself into any form who has touched a DHD chyrstal. Probably she could be connected to the Blue Chrystal aliens or any ascended lifeform, but just read back for the notes.

This "Erik" character will be also shocked that his clones are living in the Ida galaxy see also earlier notes (reality show, pet war drone etc.) And that is the main reason why Vaettir hasn't chosen O'Neill or his younger clone to bring it with her.... Originally the plan was to be played by Mike Dopoud. So that would be an easter egg explanation why he has played so many roles as literally his clones are grown up on different planets even in different galaxies. But then this story idea would be a bit similar to the Stormtroopers.

The third character is this biologist character, who is a bit antihero. Her father/husband was arrested and locked up in the Castle. She could be the wife of Colonal Makepeace, but she was also kicked out of the Stargate Programme in spite of her good work. She has studied the accelaration of biolgic evolution on the different planets which was caused by the existance of gate system. Since her family member is affected her work and employement was suspended. She started a legal fight to release her father/husband, so basically she has turned against the Homeworld Security. Later she was still working with alien technologies on Earth which were brought to Earth by Athena/Trust/Lucian Alliance. They wanted to force her to grow some new seeds of kassa and, but she has refused and then the Lucian Alliance started to hunt for her. Then she asked asylium from the Homeworld Security as she was working for them as a double-agent for the whole time. But it was still not enough to give her permission to visit her husband offworld, so she is still angry to the Homeworld Security. So basically she is a positive hero with a bit harsh personality and complicated Stargate related family background. And as a biologist she can be used in many future "biohazard" storylines. She could be also connected to the half-Nox race which was planning to be introduced in the RPG game. They would be like the Priors of the Nox, like the nymphs in the mythology. So that would be a major secondary character development plot, but it would be also an explanation why the DHD Jinn (aka Vaettir) wanted them to be on his journey.

But anyway we can add 1-2 main characters from the existing lore, but after that this new team will be a bit isolated in the Ida galaxy. It would be funny to see the grown up Cassandra or Todd, but he belongs to the events of the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X