New Show Idea ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Show Idea ?

I've been playing around with this idea for the last few years, even went as far as writing the first few scripts for it, and outlined the first 38 episodes. Anyways, just wanted to know what people thought of it.

Premise:
    We are following the ancients forward, from the Milkyway to Pegasus, to Destiny. What if we went backward, to the places they went to after they left their homeworld, and arrived on Earth? What if we weren't the only ones with this idea, what if the furlings went backwards to? Eventually settling in a new galaxy?

A new SGC team, find an old, I mean old ancient planet, where it mentions the first attempt at a new home; in the galaxy with the Furlings. A Major named CJ, finds an address of an ancient outpost, in an asteroid belt. A team is put together, and sent to this base. They find the base is split up into 30+ sections, each section in a different asteroid, and the ring system is used to move between sections.

The team begins to explore the old network of gates and on the first world, they explore they stumble upon a beast like humanoid species (the furling) who lord over primitive humans, whose eyes occassionaly glow.

There's a lot more than that, but what do you think?

Nice ideas, but Furlings have appeared in "200". But seriously, as far as I know they wanted to use the Furlings in the Stargate : Worlds game. They call themselves as "Straegis" and they were enslaved by Ra. Maybe those storylines could be included in a new MW based SG spinoff.

If it is not located in Milky Way then it would be nice to a new type of gate system.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Have you ever considered writing and posting your scripts onlien for people to read?

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I think the furlings have been too much of a no-show to ever really be taken seriously. I'm reminded of other shows with long-standing mysteries and well, there's just a point beyond which you can't win anymore since whatever you do will upset at least half the fanbase.

I'm not sure what would make your story distinguish the Furlings from basically another ancients (faraway, reclusive, lost tech, old).

Comment

Working...
        X