Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGO Apparent Continuity Contradictions - Explanations and Speculation (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    Another continuity thing to talk about is that the mission files hint that Ra was dealing with the Asgard at this point. Was there a Goa'uld-Asgard war at this time? Do we know anything about this outside SGO? Is it compatible with what we know about the Asgard-Replicator war?
    I had NEVER heard of this "war" before, but again it's far from being incompatible.

Cimmeria, the "Protected planets treaty", jaffa legends describing Asgard motherships... Obviously the Asgard and Goa'uld had many interactions in the past. It's even conceivable that their treaty was the end result of a previous war.

Perhaps the Replicator-Asgard war is much more recent than we imagined. And if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense... This is not the kind of war you can fight/sustain very long seeing how rapidly this kind of threat can spread, like a contagion.
    Last edited by jerem; 09 March 2018, 03:26 PM. Reason: Correct a few typos

Comment

@Jedi_Master_Bra'tac

I do not really agree with what you said in #7, especially this part:
      I guess they could have been referring to the point while their face is in the "water", just before demolecularisation. I don't believe that we ever saw the what they see in this period or heard it described
      The wormhole sequence was always shown to start completely black, then you'd eventually see this effect:
      movie01_0625.JPG
      Then eventually the tunnel:
      movie01_0628.JPG

But my point is "it's black" before you are being transported. There is nothing to see. Since there is nothing to see, it was never described either .

To me, this is still the "one" unsolvable inconsistency.
      Last edited by jerem; 09 March 2018, 03:36 PM. Reason: Correct your name ;)

Comment

Yeah looks they did indeed make an error here, but not a huge one. As good as SG1 was with continuity, even it got stuff wrong from time to time. Can Teal'c sense Goa'uld or not? Was Jacob host to Selmack for 4 years or 6 years? Which Galaxy are the Asgard in again?

I've realised SGO does actually fill a hole in the continuity, we never saw in the series how the Goa'uld brainwash people - maybe they are using the same kind of Kara'kesh Aset had.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergater View Post
          I'm guessing it has to do with the pious nature of the Abydonian society. In SGO, I don't see a single Jaffa in sight, only Goa'uld and human guard. Mission Files stated Aset rules with "fake kindness" over Abydos, which will result in loyalty by choice not oppression. They see her as a goddess and her guards are just humans.
          Yet in the film we see her shred a tear which didn't seem fake to me. May be Aset was weak from the cloning and that tear came from the host.
          Last edited by knowles2; 10 March 2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergater View Post
            Which way is it? Ra cloned her or Isis cloned herself? My security clearance is low coz it appears SGC.co still at "Disclosure" level and not IOA level yet. Lol.

A favor for those similar to me, from what I gather from the forum posts: (brackets are uncertain)

Isis, Osiris and Seth tried to overthrow Ra (at least during Ra's rule on Earth or earlier). They were unsuccessful with Isis and Osiris placed in the canopic jars seen in "The Curse". Seth escaped and hid himself on Earth until being killed in "Seth". Later on Isis was cloned and changed name to Aset. She went underground, being subservient to Ra to kept her existence secret. Ra keeps secret to hide cloning tech from the System Lords. (The cloning tech is way more primitive tech than Asgard as Aset was given retina implants - permanent yellow eyes).

Moderators: I hope this doesn't violate forum rules.
            Seth is actually the biggest mystery in the whole of the stargate universe. He had 5,000 years living on earth with access to a tonne of Go'uld technology. An yet he was only ever able to gain a few hundred followers, pathetic. He could have rule this planet, with a bit of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Seth is actually the biggest mystery in the whole of the stargate universe. He had 5,000 years living on earth with access to a tonne of Go'uld technology. An yet he was only ever able to gain a few hundred followers, pathetic. He could have rule this planet, with a bit of effort.
              Don't remind me how crap they made Seth
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Yeah looks they did indeed make an error here, but not a huge one. As good as SG1 was with continuity, even it got stuff wrong from time to time. Can Teal'c sense Goa'uld or not? Was Jacob host to Selmack for 4 years or 6 years? Which Galaxy are the Asgard in again?

I've realised SGO does actually fill a hole in the continuity, we never saw in the series how the Goa'uld brainwash people - maybe they are using the same kind of Kara'kesh Aset had.
                He can only sense those Goauld who have Naquadah in their blood (not all of them do)

years are different on different planet, so maybe that's what caused the confusion with the number of years.

the Asgard may have colonies in more than one galaxy (some of them were even in the Pegasus galaxy)

Comment

I think it was inferred to be mostly chemical, sometimes combined with torture.

In any case, we can always assume there are many ways to brainwash someone

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Don't remind me how crap they made Seth
                  Are you referring to how "pathetic" he looked? Remember he was trying to keep a low profile. Since other Goa'uld visited Earth from time to time he could have been found out if he was supreme ruler of the entire planet.

Originally posted by Major Grin View Post
                  He can only sense those Goauld who have Naquadah in their blood (not all of them do)

years are different on different planet, so maybe that's what caused the confusion with the number of years.

the Asgard may have colonies in more than one galaxy (some of them were even in the Pegasus galaxy)
                  I agree with all of this. SG-1 did create inconsistencies over the years, but most of them also got explained somehow later on.

Comment

Yet in the film we see her shred a tear which didn't seem fake to me. May be Aset was weak from the cloning and that tear came from the host.
                    To create a Harsisis the Symbiote has to let the Host take control for nine months. That means observing only, no controlling anything. I think the experience leaves a mark, making the Symbiote more "compassionate", and the host now has more control/influence than other hosts as well (Same happened with Ammunet and Shauri)

I think he didn't want to be subjected to the hate that Ra ended up with. He lived down low with a few followers and didn't try to amass an army because he feared being over thrown. Given his fear I don't think he PUT a big effort into it. I mean the first few generations would have stories passed down on how evil Ra was and to fight back was now in their blood. Then the Israelite's were hunting down those who claimed to be gods, Dark Ages had a huge fear of witchcraft and ungodly powers.
                    Plus he never knew when Ra would come back and I'm sure Seth feared his wrath if he was visible and easy to find.
                    Unconventional Shipper and Proud of it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoshi_Reed View Post
                      I think he didn't want to be subjected to the hate that Ra ended up with. He lived down low with a few followers and didn't try to amass an army because he feared being over thrown.
                      Yea i got the impression he was just happy to have a few followers and not bother with ruling an empire. Especially since it could indeed attract either uprisings or Ra's wrath.

The goa'uld can rule the galaxy because of enslaved jaffa, so if Seth lacked those (and he did), he also may have realized that it would be hard to subjugate a world like that. Considering Earth has no naquahdah and the gate was buried, it would also be hard for him to rule with superior technology.

All in all, i think Seth just didn't think it was worth the trouble and was perfectly happy with his personal cult and easy lifestyle.

Comment

Jacob was host to Selmak from Season 2 to Season 8 - 6 years. I'm thinking he made a reference to "4 years ago" when he and the team were all prisoners in Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know (seasons 3 and 4), and he didn't think he was going to make it out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Jacob was host to Selmak from Season 2 to Season 8 - 6 years. I'm thinking he made a reference to "4 years ago" when he and the team were all prisoners in Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know (seasons 3 and 4), and he didn't think he was going to make it out alive.
                          I was referring to Threads where Carter says he was only host for 4 years
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The yellow eyes could have explained if the hosts were "Enkarans" (SG-1 season 4 Scorched Earth)...
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

i agree that would have been a really good tie in.

Comment

I knew that Selkhet / Serqet's name was familiar. She was the Goa'uld sent by Ba'al to negotiate with Lord Yu when RepliCarter attacked.
                                http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Selkhet
                                http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Serqet
                                Maybe she changed host. Anyway her fate is sealed then officially.

Mythological background :
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serket
                                https://www.ancient.eu/Serket/
                                http://www.landofpyramids.org/selket.htm
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X