Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Attacking Midfielder Gatefan1976's Avatar

Default Re: SGO Apparent Continuity Contradictions - Explanations and Speculation (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Seth is actually the biggest mystery in the whole of the stargate universe. He had 5,000 years living on earth with access to a tonne of Go'uld technology. An yet he was only ever able to gain a few hundred followers, pathetic. He could have rule this planet, with a bit of effort.
    Don't remind me how crap they made Seth
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet

Probie

Default Re: SGO Apparent Continuity Contradictions - Explanations and Speculation (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    Yeah looks they did indeed make an error here, but not a huge one. As good as SG1 was with continuity, even it got stuff wrong from time to time. Can Teal'c sense Goa'uld or not? Was Jacob host to Selmack for 4 years or 6 years? Which Galaxy are the Asgard in again?

I've realised SGO does actually fill a hole in the continuity, we never saw in the series how the Goa'uld brainwash people - maybe they are using the same kind of Kara'kesh Aset had.
    He can only sense those Goauld who have Naquadah in their blood (not all of them do)

years are different on different planet, so maybe that's what caused the confusion with the number of years.

the Asgard may have colonies in more than one galaxy (some of them were even in the Pegasus galaxy)

Staff Sergeant

Yeah looks they did indeed make an error here, but not a huge one. As good as SG1 was with continuity, even it got stuff wrong from time to time. Can Teal'c sense Goa'uld or not? Was Jacob host to Selmack for 4 years or 6 years? Which Galaxy are the Asgard in again?

I've realised SGO does actually fill a hole in the continuity, we never saw in the series how the Goa'uld brainwash people - maybe they are using the same kind of Kara'kesh Aset had.
    I think it was inferred to be mostly chemical, sometimes combined with torture.

In any case, we can always assume there are many ways to brainwash someone

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Don't remind me how crap they made Seth
    Are you referring to how "pathetic" he looked? Remember he was trying to keep a low profile. Since other Goa'uld visited Earth from time to time he could have been found out if he was supreme ruler of the entire planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Grin View Post
    He can only sense those Goauld who have Naquadah in their blood (not all of them do)

years are different on different planet, so maybe that's what caused the confusion with the number of years.

the Asgard may have colonies in more than one galaxy (some of them were even in the Pegasus galaxy)
    I agree with all of this. SG-1 did create inconsistencies over the years, but most of them also got explained somehow later on.

Yet in the film we see her shred a tear which didn't seem fake to me. May be Aset was weak from the cloning and that tear came from the host.
    To create a Harsisis the Symbiote has to let the Host take control for nine months. That means observing only, no controlling anything. I think the experience leaves a mark, making the Symbiote more "compassionate", and the host now has more control/influence than other hosts as well (Same happened with Ammunet and Shauri)

Seth is actually the biggest mystery in the whole of the stargate universe. He had 5,000 years living on earth with access to a tonne of Go'uld technology. An yet he was only ever able to gain a few hundred followers, pathetic. He could have rule this planet, with a bit of effort.
    I think he didn't want to be subjected to the hate that Ra ended up with. He lived down low with a few followers and didn't try to amass an army because he feared being over thrown. Given his fear I don't think he PUT a big effort into it. I mean the first few generations would have stories passed down on how evil Ra was and to fight back was now in their blood. Then the Israelite's were hunting down those who claimed to be gods, Dark Ages had a huge fear of witchcraft and ungodly powers.
    Plus he never knew when Ra would come back and I'm sure Seth feared his wrath if he was visible and easy to find.
    Unconventional Shipper and Proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi_Reed View Post
    I think he didn't want to be subjected to the hate that Ra ended up with. He lived down low with a few followers and didn't try to amass an army because he feared being over thrown.
    Yea i got the impression he was just happy to have a few followers and not bother with ruling an empire. Especially since it could indeed attract either uprisings or Ra's wrath.

The goa'uld can rule the galaxy because of enslaved jaffa, so if Seth lacked those (and he did), he also may have realized that it would be hard to subjugate a world like that. Considering Earth has no naquahdah and the gate was buried, it would also be hard for him to rule with superior technology.

All in all, i think Seth just didn't think it was worth the trouble and was perfectly happy with his personal cult and easy lifestyle.

Jacob was host to Selmak from Season 2 to Season 8 - 6 years. I'm thinking he made a reference to "4 years ago" when he and the team were all prisoners in Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know (seasons 3 and 4), and he didn't think he was going to make it out alive.

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Jacob was host to Selmak from Season 2 to Season 8 - 6 years. I'm thinking he made a reference to "4 years ago" when he and the team were all prisoners in Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know (seasons 3 and 4), and he didn't think he was going to make it out alive.
    I was referring to Threads where Carter says he was only host for 4 years

The yellow eyes could have explained if the hosts were "Enkarans" (SG-1 season 4 Scorched Earth)...
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633