Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGO Apparent Continuity Contradictions - Explanations and Speculation (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a random question. If the Stargate was located in Aset's temple / palace, then how could they move it into the pyramid later? Because I am guessing the pyramid was standing there already, but would the Stargate fit through the narrow corridors?

Second question is rather a mini fanfiction idea. What if Bael was revived by Ra and he was made to be a Goa'uld host? It could have been weird if he meets with SG-1 a few decades later. And if this step could have happened then Ra would know enough about Earth and its defenses.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

5. Catherine's age - dialogue in TOT implies that Catherine was 21 in 1945, which would make her 15 in SGO

Quote Originally Posted by TTOT
      CATHERINE
      The military had very little use for a 21-year-old girl at that time. Neither did my father. I only know what little I overheard him and Ernest talking about.

However this would also make her 4 years old in the Giza dig scene, which she isn't. So she was probably approximating her age or referring to her age when the research started

I think this is correct about her referring to her age when the research started. Because she mentioned Pres. Roosevelt who I believe had already died by 1945, hadn't he?
      Last edited by tlw; 02 July 2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tlw View Post
        =However this would also make her 4 years old in the Giza dig scene, which she isn't. So she was probably approximating her age or referring to her age when the research started=
        I see no reason to think that she wasn't 4 years old when the Stargate was unearthed at Giza... in the TV continuity. Sure, you can rationalize it to make both the movie and TV continuities fit together, but they changed a bunch of little things when they adapted the movie and this was one of them. You wouldn't say, "They referred to Jack's son as Charlie in the TV show, but that's wrong because his name is Tyler," and then go on to speculate that maybe his name is "Charlie Tyler O'neil(l)." At least I hope nobody would do that instead of just accepting that it's a difference between continuities.

Consequently, how old Catherine should be in Origins depends on which continuity they were following.

I think this is correct about her referring to her age when the research started. Because she mentioned Pres. Roosevelt who I believe had already died by 1945, hadn't he?
        You are indeed correct that she said 21 during the 1945 experiments. As for Roosevelt, he died in April 1945, two months after attending the Yalta Conference.
        Last edited by Xaeden; 30 July 2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X