Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGO Apparent Continuity Contradictions - Explanations and Speculation (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why aren't these goauld and their jaffa servant not wearing any masks , and allowing humans to see them this way.

wasn't this a big deal in the first movie. when O'niell removed one of the masks of Ra's soldiers all the people were astonished , it proved to them that they are false gods because they are just humans like them and the animal head is fake

Comment

as for objects entering the event horizon and still 'existing' even though we no longer see them from outside the gate I think there are 2 possible explanation.
      one is that they enter a sort of intermediate dimension , outside of normal 3 dimensional space , but not yet entering the wormhole itself. this way it can have an endless 'room' in that dimension before the object is dematerialized and sent through the wormhole.
      when we saw Daniel's face inside the gate it was before he was dematerialized , he was inside that other dimension.
      another possibility is that this other dimensional is all virtual. that everything that enters the event horizon is immediately dematerilized but a digital version of the object is created in a sort of virtual simulation of the same object . this might explain how they are able to stay conscious or even 'see' things while in transit through the wormhole despite being dematerilized , maybe they experience everything through a virtual simulation of themselves which continues to function normally until their real body is reconstructed on the other side and their memory of the virtual simulation is inserted into their physical brain before they exist the gate on the other side.
      this would also allow for a limitless 'room' beyond the event horizon since it's all virtual space , and this explains how they can retain physical function of their hands for example despite being supposedly atomized in transit.
      I imagine the same thing happens in the transporter beams in star trek. in one episode we saw the beaming from Barclay's perspective , and from his point of view he never lost consiousness and was even able to 'move around' while inside the beam , even though he had no real body during the time , and to outside observers he probably remained still while in transport. but a virtual version of the person beaming exists while the body is transporting , which allows for a continuous consciousness to exist all throughout the process

Comment

Originally posted by Major Grin View Post
        why aren't these goauld and their jaffa servant not wearing any masks , and allowing humans to see them this way.

wasn't this a big deal in the first movie. when O'niell removed one of the masks of Ra's soldiers all the people were astonished , it proved to them that they are false gods because they are just humans like them and the animal head is fake
        I'm guessing it has to do with the pious nature of the Abydonian society. In SGO, I don't see a single Jaffa in sight, only Goa'uld and human guard. Mission Files stated Aset rules with "fake kindness" over Abydos, which will result in loyalty by choice not oppression. They see her as a goddess and her guards are just humans.

When Dr Jackson arrived, he started tell the kids the truth - what was considered heresy to their society. But the situation has changed. Ra rules by oppression, much different from Aset. They would think it as holy wrath and the Horus guards as something akin to taskmaster-like angels of Ra (i.e. don't mess with the being from the godly realm). But human nature deep down still know right from wrong (Ra's rule of oppression being wrong). They would readily abandon Ra if there was another "true-er", benevolent "god". So when Dr Jackson open up the Horus guard's helmet revealing they are just humans, Abydonians then believe there may be a spark of truth to Jackson's word.

Comment

Just got around to watching it, and yes the mission files do explain a lot about Isis/Aset.

To summarise: The Isis in a jar in "The Curse" is a clone of the Aset we see here (or maybe Aset is the clone). Isis changed her name is Aset and went underground, recently presenting herself to Ra who has kept her existence secret to hide cloning tech from the other system lords

Couple of things I noticed. Yassif(?) appears to have some memory loss after being healed with the wand of horus. Maybe this is the hint of the explanation as to why they won't remember this?

Catherine calls the stargate the "gate" - at this point she will have known it as the "doorway to heaven". I did go back to episode 2, and Nazi man (who probably translated it correctly) does call it the gate in front of her

Originally posted by Supergater View Post
          Can anyone provide a brief summary/important points of the mission file for episode 6 & 7 for those unfortunate people who can never get All Access, like me in Asia? I can forgo episode 4 & 5 (seems less important) but forum post here implied 6 & 7 mission file explained a great deal.
          You don't actually need an all access pass for the mission files

https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds...5c1ccb055def7b

https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds...5c1ccb055def7b
          Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 03 March 2018, 03:57 AM.
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The mission files are All Access. My buddy couldn't get to them.

I agree about the magic stick causing memory loss. I think Catherine will get hurt so badly, she'll lose her memory of the Origins events entirely. And that's why her Father prevents her from being part of the program in the US, he's protecting her.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
              The mission files are All Access. My buddy couldn't get to them.

I agree about the magic stick causing memory loss. I think Catherine will get hurt so badly, she'll lose her memory of the Origins events entirely. And that's why her Father prevents her from being part of the program in the US, he's protecting her.
              Are you sure? I managed to access them in incognito so I wasn't logged in

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                Are you sure? I managed to access them in incognito so I wasn't logged in
                Nope. I just tried it, incognito and not. It is locked behind paywall All Access. Only Mission files for Episode 1-3 is open because MGM released the 3 episodes for free. At least you guys in US & Europe(maybe?) can pay for it. We have many avid operatives in Asia but there appears to be a lot bio-electric interference here, All Access pass cannot be beam down from SGC.co(i.e. we can't have it even if we want it). We'll just have to wait for the intergalactic databurst from the ZPM powered SGC.co. Hope the IOA approves it soon!

Comment

Just got around to watching it, and yes the mission files do explain a lot about Isis/Aset.

To summarise: The Isis in a jar in "The Curse" is a clone of the Aset we see here (or maybe Aset is the clone). Isis changed her name is Aset and went underground, recently presenting herself to Ra who has kept her existence secret to hide cloning tech from the other system lords
                  Which way is it? Ra cloned her or Isis cloned herself? My security clearance is low coz it appears SGC.co still at "Disclosure" level and not IOA level yet. Lol.

A favor for those similar to me, from what I gather from the forum posts: (brackets are uncertain)

Isis, Osiris and Seth tried to overthrow Ra (at least during Ra's rule on Earth or earlier). They were unsuccessful with Isis and Osiris placed in the canopic jars seen in "The Curse". Seth escaped and hid himself on Earth until being killed in "Seth". Later on Isis was cloned and changed name to Aset. She went underground, being subservient to Ra to kept her existence secret. Ra keeps secret to hide cloning tech from the System Lords. (The cloning tech is way more primitive tech than Asgard as Aset was given retina implants - permanent yellow eyes).

Moderators: I hope this doesn't violate forum rules.
                  Last edited by Supergater; 03 March 2018, 05:27 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Aset developed the tech.

Here is the relevant part of the mission file:

Spoiler:
                    If Catherine heard correctly, these natives seemed to believe that her pendant made her a friend of their god, Ra. As strange as that may seem, Catherine wasn’t about to correct them and it seemed like their presence had triggered a real celebration. Kasuf, as excited as ever, began to translate the villagers’ delightfully humble theatrical presentation that depicted the life of their other god, Aset.

What neither Catherine nor the villagers realized, however, was that their version of events was based on a lie that had been fed to them by way of Ra himself. It was true, though, that just like in the villagers’ play, Aset had once fallen from Ra’s favor. Many years ago, she was tricked into making an attempt on Ra’s life, but what the Supreme System Lord had not told his subjects is what happened next.

Aset, being as cunning as she was, had sensed that this plan to overthrow Ra was doomed to fail. As she and her brothers, Setesh and Osiris, planned their coup, Aset decided it was the time to execute the project she had been researching in secret for so many years. If successful, her genetic replication process could create an almost identical copy of herself, allowing her to live on in the event that Ra repelled the attempt on his life.

Aset’s plans for contingency proved well placed, for her brother Setesh had betrayed them, leaving Aset and Osiris open to the full wrath of the Supreme System Lord. They were stripped of their hosts and banished to an eternal imprisonment, but through her duplicate, Aset was able to live on. In fact, it was at this point she renounced her original name of Isis and became the Aset that the Abydonian people would grow to know and revere.

Aset surmised that as outraged as Ra would be, he could still be bargained with. Even with this overthrow attempt put down at the last minute, Ra faced a number of threats to his dominion from both fellow Goa’uld and other races in the galaxy alike. The Supreme System Lord was in need of allies, and if there was one thing Aset could exploit, it was necessity.

Aset made herself known to Ra, stating that her presence before him was proof she could help him tighten his grip on the galaxy. Just as she had predicted, Ra’s anger was quickly abated when he was faced with the potential of possessing game-changing technology. Ra agreed to let the Isis clone live on two conditions. Firstly, she must rebuild the means with which to replicate Goa’uld genetics since her lab on Kheb had been completely destroyed. Secondly, her replication must be kept a secret. With Ra’s ego possessing all the trappings of most Goa’uld leaders, he couldn’t possibly allow this story to emerge in its entirety. No, Ra must be portrayed as a powerful and forgiving god. It must be told that Ra forgave Aset of her sins and brought her back from the dead. And that was the very tale that was being told in Nosdevli right now, as the villagers hosted the ones they believed to be ‘Emissaries of Ra’.

Comment

Aset developed the tech.

Here is the relevant part of the mission file:
                      Thanks there. This is gold. I also can't believe they included Kheb into the story. Guessing it was incomplete Ancient cloning tech since Kheb was an Ancient ascension meditate school of sort. Must have forgotten to clean up before everyone meditated themselves into a higher plane of existence.
                      Last edited by Supergater; 04 March 2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Now that the obviously upcoming mind wipe has happened, I guess it's time to revisit the list of inconsistencies and list what remains ;-)

Personally, the only thing bothering me that's left is the obvious "science of the stargate" blunder, about being able to "see" the stars while being made only of energy during transit through a wormhole.

Comment

Now that the shows ended, it seems all inconsistencies are cleared out. The book gets left behind, everyone gets mind wiped or killed, Langfords don't know what a Stargate is... It seems the only thing to come out of this series that affects the movie and SG-1 is the subliminal instructions in Catherine's head, Kasuf will strive to lead Abydos and destruction of the 7th symbol. It seems like maybe there was an order by the studio that allows the writers to script out an "interesting" story (i.e. do anything) but they are not allowed to do big retcons on the origins of Stargate series (Catherine knew what the Stargate is all along, for example). That seems to have shackled the amount of potential stories that could have played out or open windows for new "secret origins" in maybe season 2? In summary, it seems they play it safe by going big but, conveniently, wipe out all progress the story made (i.e tell a self-contained story that was shackled by its on mythology due to time period settings). Reminds me of "200": "Isn't it a little to convenient (that they beam out at the last moment)" and "Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment"

Comment

Can't we just say this is based on the Movie? It would solve all issues. I mean they used the Movie Gate and not the one from the Series.

Comment

Updated the first post.

For anyone wondering, Aset used a modified Kara'kesh that she invented to wipe their minds (from the mission files)

I also added a bit about Catherine being her father's assistant on the Gate, despite her not working on it/not being allowed to work on it in 1945

Comment

Another continuity thing to talk about is that the mission files hint that Ra was dealing with the Asgard at this point. Was there a Goa'uld-Asgard war at this time? Do we know anything about this outside SGO? Is it compatible with what we know about the Asgard-Replicator war?

Comment

Working...
                                X