The Ellie Gall/Catherine Langford Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ellie Gall/Catherine Langford Appreciation Thread

Welcome to the thread which exists to appreciate Ellie Gal and her portrayal of young Catherine Langford in the webseries coming February 15, 2018 to select countries (USA, UK, CA, AUS, NZ & GE).

We have known Catherine Langford since 1994, and many actresses have given us the best of themselves as Catherine. Now it's up to Ellie to take up the mantle and woo us again. I think she'll do great (not able to watch the webseries so I'm going on what I've seen in the teaser trailer and the trailer). She certainly captured my attention, and I hope yours as well.

A reminder of the Gateworld rules with regards to actors and characters, and other Gateworld users:

Respect your fellow users. Refrain from personal attacks and name-calling. Disagreements and debates are fine, but negative personal comments are not welcome. We want our forum to stay friendly! Stick to the issues and the arguments, and when the debate has concluded, agree to disagree.

Respecting other members means that they have as much right as you to post their opinion, positive or negative, within the boundaries of the forum topic. Do not tell another member that they should leave. You do not have to respect the opinion, but you must respect that person's right to express it.

Respect Stargate actors and production crew members. It's important to remember that we owe the show's cast and crew at least as much respect as we owe our fellow fans. Criticizing creative decisions is fine; cutting down the people that make the show is not.

This goes not only for those involved with Stargate, but real-life people in general. Treat real-life people with respect and decorum.

IMPORTANT NOTICE concerning spoilers -- many fans are currently being blocked (including myself) from watching more than the first 20 minutes (if they so desire to watch those). Therefore I would like spoilers which give away the story, to be kept under wraps -- this includes revealing images, videos, dialogue or comments -- so that everyone has a chance to enjoy the webseries when they do get access to it or a chance to watch it in full.

If I see anyone breaking these simple rules, I will stick the moderaters on you.

Now let's have some appreciation fun!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

The many faces and actresses of Catherine Langford

Comment

At every important stage in her life, almost.

Comment

Blatantly copying Elite Anubis Guard's post from the general Origins post here.

Character bio for Catherine Langford (as portrayed by Ellie Gall) from the Stargate Command website.

Being the daughter of one of archaeology's most prominent figures could intimidate some people....Not Catherine Langford, though. Fascinated with ancient history from an early age, Catherine would often accompany her father, Professor Paul Langford, on archaeological digs. Indeed, these adventures would often be a true Langford family affair, with Catherine's mother helping her husband catalog his discoveries on site. But, on a 1927 trip to South America, a great tragedy struck when Mrs. Langford succumbed to malaria, leaving the Professor to raise young Catherine on his own.

After his wife's death, the Professor felt that he and Catherine should continue on the path their family had always enjoyed the most, the path of adventure and discovery. Egypt and its many hidden treasures beckoned; the perfect antidote for the immense sorrow that gripped the two Langfords.

Growing into a young woman while surrounded by discovery and mystery, Catherine impressed many of Langford's associates with her affinity for creating ingenious new systems for cataloging discoveries. Entirely on her own merit, Catherine had begun to earn a reputation of her own in the elite archaeological circles of North Africa, a fact that spawned great pride in her father who would take immense pleasure in picking her brains at the end of a long day's work.

Catherine and her father had developed a close bond in the years since her mother's death, but Professor Langford knew that it wouldn't be long before his daughter's wit and beauty would attract potential suitors...he just hoped, for their own sake, that they knew what they were letting themselves in for!

Comment

Stargate Origins: Ellie Gall on playing action hero Catherine Langford @ SyfyWire

I have not read it, so I can't tell if there will be spoilers so perhaps read at your own risk.

Comment

A few behind the scenes photos of the cast on the Instagram account of one of the hair stylists:
            https://www.instagram.com/hair_bystacy_/

Comment

I have now seen Stargate Origins, and I can say with absolute certainty that ... *takes deep breath* ....

OH MY GODDESS, I LOVE ELLIE GALL AS CATHERINE LANGFORD!!

What a performance.
              She uses every bit of what she's given and gives us a well-rounded character to love.

Comment

Adam Barnard interviewed Ellie: Gate Girl

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                  The many faces and actresses of Catherine Langford

Oh, yay! One of my fanart collages did survive the SGC purge.
                  Yeah, I know it really low effort but I’ve never done fanart for anything before.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                    Oh, yay! One of my fanart collages did survive the SGC purge.
                    Yeah, I know it really low effort but I’ve never done fanart for anything before.
                    I think this character literally has had the most actresses.

Comment

It looks really cool. Thank you very much, mooseman!
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I have now seen Stargate Origins, and I can say with absolute certainty that ... *takes deep breath* ....

OH MY GODDESS, I LOVE ELLIE GALL AS CATHERINE LANGFORD!!

What a performance.
                        She uses every bit of what she's given and gives us a well-rounded character to love.
                        My thoughts exactly.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

I like that we got to see more of Catherine Langford's experiences with the Stargate. Ellie Gall did a good job taking the young Catherine from the movie and Catherine in Torments of Tantalus for inspiration to tell this interesting story.

Comment

Working...
                          X