Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Earth Symbol Episode 10 (110)

Visit the Episode GuideSTARGATE ORIGINS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE 10
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110
    As the powerful Ra approaches the temple Catherine confronts Brücke, setting into motion a sequence of events that will change her destiny forever.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; May 2nd, 2018 at 08:12 PM.

Default Re: Episode 10 (110)

So, which guy in the back was Cameron?

First Lieutenant

The mission file mentions his ancestor Captain Mitchell and the Achilles which is just awesome

I uh...wow. It's pretty much the ending I was expecting, but I was still floored by how lazily they did it.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

I knew that Beal was going to buy it, but dang that was tragic.

Probie

That was a pretty sad ending for those characters. Poor Wasif, Motawk, and James. I expected the memory wiping and maybe a little death but I didn't expect pretty much everyone dying or being enslaved.

First Lieutenant

was all wrapped up a little too neatly really

This whole ending and storytelling reminds me of a scene in "200" - "Isn't it a little too convenient?". Now that the shows ended and full judgement can be given, the whole thing is like trying to make a 10 episode show of how Ernest Littlefield trying again and again to dial and disappearing with no real consequences/substance-to-add to the Stargate myth. The ONLY consequence of substance seems to be the destructive of the 7th symbol, aanndd that's it! Sure the subliminal had consequence but to me, it could be simply replaced by determined curiosity.

With this ending, it was expected with Aset, Harcesis, Ra and Nazi. But with Wasif and Motawk, that was a genuine twist. So they died in the movie? Who know. How would I change the ending for the better? Beal interrupts the mind wipe on Kasuf and Catherine. Then when they get home, drop some obvious clues that she remembers vaguely, something like:

"what do you remember of the last few days dear? Its a total blank for me"
    "I remember bits and pieces of it. The slightly less vague parts seems like I saw a cave with constellations. Some giant pond and Egyptian gods..."
    "Sound like we visited a dig in a cave by invitation of your prospective boss (Museum curator)"
    "Yeah, that must be it. Let's go"
    <As they leave, Catherine turns to see the Stargate and make a face saying "And yet it all still seems to tie to that thing" and turns and leaves. Roll credits here>

This way it give audience more satisfaction knowing that she knows. That sooner or later she'll start questioning her own memories. By the time of the movie, (implied) she will feel a deja-vu moment when the Stargate opens again and becomes certain that those memories are certainly tied to the gate. But she can't say anything in the movie as they'll think she's crazy and the military will instantly seize control from her, hence keeping it in continuity with the lack of mention in the movie.

I agree with DigiFluid, that ending was really lazy. Even if the 3 last episodes were better by far than most of the 7 first, both in tone and in storytelling,

But one thing bothers me... Maybe I did not pay sufficiently attention, but what was that all about with the harcesis child? What happened to the little girl? And why the hell introduce that story element if there doesn't seem to be a point about it??
    Or maybe I really missed an essential part somewhere...
    Stargate Network, a Stargate 3D Fan-Game. Find our demo on ModDB.
    And comment it on this GW Forum Thread

First Lieutenant

The mission files explain a lot about the kids origins. Im assuming she was with Aset when Ra nuked the temple

I knew they'd forget one way or the other. That was the only way it can all fit with canon.
    I wanted to wait till it ended, but now that it did, I can say it was a total mess. There are so many things I hated. I don't even know where to begin.
    But still, I applaud them for trying. I know it was a low budget thing. Maybe they couldn't afford decent writers.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    The mission files explain a lot about the kids origins. Im assuming she was with Aset when Ra nuked the temple
    I agree that there's a lot in the Mission Files. For example it explains why Aset was so attached to this child (her last link to Osiris).

But how did it served as a plot device for the current story? Haven't a clue. Remove the child and the story is pretty much the same, no?

EDIT: Unless the writers thought that was the only thing with enough motivation to justify Serqet's betrayal which prematurely brought Ra back on Abydos?

First Lieutenant

Oh yeah, very true. Just serves as another reason for Ra to take her out and her bodyguard to betray her I guess

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

I think we were all hoping for something better than a mind wipe....

Also, given how light heated and comedic this show was in tone - most of the characters ended up with pretty dark fates.

One minor thing that gave me pause: was the term “AWOL” common parlance in the 30s? I mean, it very well may have been—it just struck me as odd, that it would’ve been more believable if the guy had said something like “deserter.”
    Last edited by DigiFluid; March 9th, 2018 at 03:29 PM.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

This show was all over the place. I kinda hope it works better as one film, we shall see. But there just seem to be a huge amount missing from this film to tell a cohesive story.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    One minor thing that gave me pause: was the term “AWOL” common parlance in the 30s? I mean, it very well may have been—it just struck me as odd, that it would’ve been more believable if the guy had said something like “deserter.”
    It a American term as well, you wouldn't think that a British official with a very british accent would be using that terminology.

Also found it strange that are already transferring it to the US, keeping it as a British project at the end of the film would have more sense. We know it gets transferred to America eventually but the war hasn't started yet, so the Brits have no need to trade the stargate for war materials.

A mention of the wound on the German being like nothing they have ever seen and what ever cause it could aid their coming war with Hitler. With London ordering that every effort be made to find out what cause would have made more sense. Her dad sending her off to America to keep her safe, with scenes of British soldiers securing the site, would set it up nicely for her being denied access to the stargate and the mind wipe and reprogramming explain nicely why she fought so hard to regain access.

Plus no British official would be talking about being able to intercept and decoding cables from Germany in such a public place either. It should have been phase differently, a friend in berlin for example or London just inform me that sources say that Germany are interested in capturing this object.

An one wonder why RA, knowing the earth is out there, heavily populated with billions of people and have clearly advance technology would just leave it alone to further advance.
    Last edited by knowles2; March 10th, 2018 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    This show was all over the place. I kinda hope it works better as one film, we shall see. But there just seem to be a huge amount missing from this film to tell a cohesive story.

Also found it strange that are already transferring it to the US, keeping it as a British project at the end of the film would have more sense. We know it gets transferred to America eventually but the war hasn't started yet, so the Brits have no need to trade the stargate for war materials.

An one wonder why RA, knowing the earth is out there, heavily populated with billions of people and have clearly advance technology would just leave it alone to further advance.
    To be fair, only the Langfords "own" the stargate. No one was funding them anymore, hence no sponsors can claim the stargate. Possible reason the British were involved was because the government funded the original dig ten years ago and pulled funding as the war closes in and/or the only facility in Cairo large enough to house the stargate is an airplane hanger (British hanger since the former sponsors..). Therefore the Langfords can choose to ship the Stargate to US via old man Mitchell, LOL. (Remember the political and social tension in Europe was already very high and unsafe and therefore logically safer to continue research in US)

I too agree that maybe the British official were a bit cavalier talking about German cables in public. As for Ra, it is questionable as to why Ra would ignore us, although I doubt he knows Earth has billions of people but the guns are obvious signs for advance tech of Earthlings. Maybe the alluded Goa'uld-Asgard war means his focus is elsewhere or lack disposable resource to subjugate Earth?

Speaking of Asgard-Goa'uld war, here's a theory. Since we don't know the extend or duration of war, one way to connect so know points in history is:

1. Ra leads the System Lords in war all the way up until the movie.
    2. In between SGO but closer to the movie, in trying to bolster war efforts, the Asgards find the Replicators, thus beginning the Asgard Replicator war (the wars overlap at the ends)
    3. Meanwhile as their non-existent butts get handed to them, the collective System Lords wants to negotiate but only Ra wants to fight. Since he is the Supreme System Lord with the bulk of the fleet, the war continues.
    4. Then Ra gets killed out of the blue on Abydos by O'Neill and Jackson, the Supreme System Lord goes to Lord Yu/Apophis and begin negotiating with the Asgard.
    5. The Asgard, now secretly having to fight a losing war in their home galaxy while committing resources in our galaxy, bluffs an excuse (something like we don't want to exterminate you..) and signs the Protected Planets Treaty to end the war.
    6. System Lords honor the treaty, not knowing of the plague of the Replicators, and with their regular squabbles, lead up to SG-1 pilot. The Asgard, like the Ancient in Pegasus, dedicated more and more resources to the war until Replicators were strong enough to attack Othala in "Small Victories"

What do you think? Plausible history filler between SGO and Stargate movie?

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

I always thought that the PPT was older than that, but I don't think we ever knew for sure.

The mission files have something to say about Ra not ever returning to Earth. Essentially he had a fear about returning to the place of his greatest defeat/embarrassment. Though "publicly" the reason was that it wasn't worth the man power for a planet with no naquadah

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I uh...wow. It's pretty much the ending I was expecting, but I was still floored by how lazily they did it.
    I liked certain aspects of it, though the convenient brainwashing is very convenient. I was afraid they were going to go with that.