X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 10 (110)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ORIGINS: CATHERINE

As the powerful Ra approaches the temple Catherine confronts Brücke, setting into motion a sequence of events that will change her destiny forever.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 February 2021, 11:07 PM.

So, which guy in the back was Cameron?

Comment

The mission file mentions his ancestor Captain Mitchell and the Achilles which is just awesome

Comment

I uh...wow. It's pretty much the ending I was expecting, but I was still floored by how lazily they did it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I knew that Beal was going to buy it, but dang that was tragic.

Comment

That was a pretty sad ending for those characters. Poor Wasif, Motawk, and James. I expected the memory wiping and maybe a little death but I didn't expect pretty much everyone dying or being enslaved.

Comment

was all wrapped up a little too neatly really

Comment

This whole ending and storytelling reminds me of a scene in "200" - "Isn't it a little too convenient?". Now that the shows ended and full judgement can be given, the whole thing is like trying to make a 10 episode show of how Ernest Littlefield trying again and again to dial and disappearing with no real consequences/substance-to-add to the Stargate myth. The ONLY consequence of substance seems to be the destructive of the 7th symbol, aanndd that's it! Sure the subliminal had consequence but to me, it could be simply replaced by determined curiosity.

With this ending, it was expected with Aset, Harcesis, Ra and Nazi. But with Wasif and Motawk, that was a genuine twist. So they died in the movie? Who know. How would I change the ending for the better? Beal interrupts the mind wipe on Kasuf and Catherine. Then when they get home, drop some obvious clues that she remembers vaguely, something like:
                "what do you remember of the last few days dear? Its a total blank for me"
                "I remember bits and pieces of it. The slightly less vague parts seems like I saw a cave with constellations. Some giant pond and Egyptian gods..."
                "Sound like we visited a dig in a cave by invitation of your prospective boss (Museum curator)"
                "Yeah, that must be it. Let's go"
                <As they leave, Catherine turns to see the Stargate and make a face saying "And yet it all still seems to tie to that thing" and turns and leaves. Roll credits here>

This way it give audience more satisfaction knowing that she knows. That sooner or later she'll start questioning her own memories. By the time of the movie, (implied) she will feel a deja-vu moment when the Stargate opens again and becomes certain that those memories are certainly tied to the gate. But she can't say anything in the movie as they'll think she's crazy and the military will instantly seize control from her, hence keeping it in continuity with the lack of mention in the movie.

Comment

I agree with DigiFluid, that ending was really lazy. Even if the 3 last episodes were better by far than most of the 7 first, both in tone and in storytelling,

But one thing bothers me... Maybe I did not pay sufficiently attention, but what was that all about with the harcesis child? What happened to the little girl? And why the hell introduce that story element if there doesn't seem to be a point about it??
                  Or maybe I really missed an essential part somewhere...
                  Stargate Network, a Stargate 3D Fan-Game. Find our demo on ModDB.
                  And comment it on this GW Forum Thread

Comment

The mission files explain a lot about the kids origins. Im assuming she was with Aset when Ra nuked the temple

Comment

I knew they'd forget one way or the other. That was the only way it can all fit with canon.
                      I wanted to wait till it ended, but now that it did, I can say it was a total mess. There are so many things I hated. I don't even know where to begin.
                      But still, I applaud them for trying. I know it was a low budget thing. Maybe they couldn't afford decent writers.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                        The mission files explain a lot about the kids origins. Im assuming she was with Aset when Ra nuked the temple
                        I agree that there's a lot in the Mission Files. For example it explains why Aset was so attached to this child (her last link to Osiris).

But how did it served as a plot device for the current story? Haven't a clue. Remove the child and the story is pretty much the same, no?

EDIT: Unless the writers thought that was the only thing with enough motivation to justify Serqet's betrayal which prematurely brought Ra back on Abydos?

Comment

Oh yeah, very true. Just serves as another reason for Ra to take her out and her bodyguard to betray her I guess

Comment

I think we were all hoping for something better than a mind wipe....

Also, given how light heated and comedic this show was in tone - most of the characters ended up with pretty dark fates.
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

One minor thing that gave me pause: was the term “AWOL” common parlance in the 30s? I mean, it very well may have been—it just struck me as odd, that it would’ve been more believable if the guy had said something like “deserter.”
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 09 March 2018, 02:29 PM.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X