X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 5 (105)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ORIGINS: CATHERINE

Hoping to lay low, the team follows their new guide to a native settlement -- while the Germans plot to forge an alliance with the planet's alien masters.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 February 2021, 11:00 PM.

Couldn't be happier they brought back Kasuf Didn't see that coming!

Very surprised by the Abydonian's ability to cure flesh wounds, technologically it seems. Looks very anachronistic to me.

How does it work anyway? They made it look running in "reverse". Is it a "time-travel" health stick? It generates a bubble of space-time around the wound and revert it back to a time prior to the injury?
    LOL, just being silly. But I just don't understand the animation of the blood crawling back up within the wound.

The harcesis theory has now been confirmed. Wonder who the father is. At first I though it was Serqet but after reading the "Mission Files" it's clearly not her. Interestingly, there seems to be a connection between Serqet and Isis and canopic jars. Still combing/reading about the subject. I guess some of the theories might pan out after all, at least partially.

I'm not used to this kind of editing (like showing characters in two different location at the same time on the screen), but I guess that's ok.

Story looks more and more interesting. Looking forward to see more.

Comment

There is barely enough to sink your teeth into. Just started to get into it... excitement builds... cinematic screen spin and roll credits... Grrrr. lol However, I am very excite Kasuf is back as well. Thought that was pretty neat.

Comment

Yes, my shot-in-the-wind guess hit the mark - they brought in Kasuf. I was wondering if they could bring him in while be fitting of age as of 1994 (Stargate movie). If he is a young man of 18 in SGO, then he would be 73 in the movie, so plausibly possible. After all, Richard Dean Anderson is around that age now(2018) and his looks kinda matches Kasuf in the movie.

I was really surprised at the Harcesis thing. Wonder if he survives to the end. I'm guessing that Serqet is the woman Catherine and co. fought, the quality of movie making is starting to affect the clarity of story for me. Guessing she's Serqet due to hilt of staff weapon is sickle shape resembling a scorpion tail (Serqet is known as the scorpion goddess in Egyptian myth). Guessing she's also a minor Goa'uld since there was voice modulation in the clip.

I also realised this story could result in Ra ruling out reading and writing law later. It may also loop back around to the creation of the cave drawings and the craving out of Earth's address on stone that was essential for O'Neill, Jackson, Kawalski and Ferretti to return home.

Comment

On Kasuf's age: I think about the youngest we could make him to be in Origins is around 16 (though I think older makes more sense, given his leadership role at the outpost). That puts his date of birth no later than about 1922.

If the film is set in 1994 that makes him 72. Not implausible, but I was shocked (Shocked, I Tell You!) to read on IMDb today that Erick Avari was born in 1952 ... and so was only 41 years old when Stargate filmed.

His final SG-1 appearance was in late Season Four ("Absolute Power"), which would have been set nearly five years after the movie. There's a bit of a chronological error in that the series started in 1997, but ostensibly only one year had passed between the movie and COTG; and the date is given as "1999" in "Out of Mind," a 1999 episode. Advancing in real time that puts "Absolute Power" in 2001 and makes Avari's Kasuf ... nearly 80 years of age in his last appearance. (The actor still hadn't hit 50.)

Kasuf, you are looking good for an old man!

~Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Supergater View Post
            I was really surprised at the Harcesis thing. Wonder if he survives to the end. I'm guessing that Serqet is the woman Catherine and co. fought, the quality of movie making is starting to affect the clarity of story for me. Guessing she's Serqet due to hilt of staff weapon is sickle shape resembling a scorpion tail (Serqet is known as the scorpion goddess in Egyptian myth). Guessing she's also a minor Goa'uld since there was voice modulation in the clip.
            According to the Mission File's she's definitely a Goa'uld and they are the same person. I thought the costuming was pretty unique so I was able to keep track of her across the episodes. I'm actually really excited to see where they're going with the Harcesis! Who is the father????

I also realised this story could result in Ra ruling out reading and writing law later. It may also loop back around to the creation of the cave drawings and the craving out of Earth's address on stone that was essential for O'Neill, Jackson, Kawalski and Ferretti to return home.
            I hadn't thought of that! That's actually an interesting thought - that Catherine notes the address down so other travellers don't get lost.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post

Kasuf, you are looking good for an old man!

~Darren
              Indeed!
              Best real life example I can think off is David MacCallum. He is 84 as of 2018 and is still a series regular on "NCIS". Older folks would remember him from "Man from U.N.C.L.E" TV series. That guy ages well too. Here is how he looks then and now.
              David_20McCallum.jpg ustv-ncis-david-mccallum-3.jpg
              Last edited by Supergater; 23 February 2018, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                I'm actually really excited to see where they're going with the Harcesis! Who is the father????
                I'm expecting Osiris, if Aset is the same Goa'uld as Isis. Osiris (Sarah) mentioned in the Season 5 two-parter The Summit/Last Stand that Isis was his queen. It is heavily implied that Osiris had a male host back then.

Comment

And if so - perhaps this was the reason for them both being “banished to oblivion."
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well, the timeline placement doesn't exactly match with the carbon dating in the Curse, but that's an oversight I could live with. There are other issues with timeline placement (Catherine's, Paul's and Kasuf's ages, for example) that have been retconned.

Comment

Originally posted by Eventless Horizon View Post
                      There is barely enough to sink your teeth into. Just started to get into it... excitement builds... cinematic screen spin and roll credits... Grrrr. lol However, I am very excite Kasuf is back as well. Thought that was pretty neat.
                      Coudln't aggree more... 10 minutes is way too short. I wonder how it will look when binged-watched all together as one story.

Originally posted by Supergater View Post
                      I hadn't thought of that! That's actually an interesting thought - that Catherine notes the address down so other travellers don't get lost.
                      Wow! Very interesting indeed. That would tie-in so nicely Although if the coverstone is carved by Catherine, I gotta congratulate her on her skills.

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                      I'm expecting Osiris, if Aset is the same Goa'uld as Isis. Osiris (Sarah) mentioned in the Season 5 two-parter The Summit/Last Stand that Isis was his queen. It is heavily implied that Osiris had a male host back then.
                      And if so - perhaps this was the reason for them both being “banished to oblivion."
                      Yes, Osiris usually used a host male according tho the two-parter.
                      I like this theory. Thus far it seemed to me that Heru'ur might have been the Harcesis (Horus, son-of-Isis). But I think Osiris makes more sense in regards to banishment.

Comment

You know... It could be a different Kasuf
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          You know... It could be a different Kasuf
                          True. But why bother calling him Kasuf in the first place? I mean, it's not a common name like John, Jack or whatever. That would be the biggest coincidence ever if the writers didn't choose that name on purpose

Comment

So Here's a theory. What if the Harcesis is Skaara? Maybe that's why Apophis chose him as a host for Klorel

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                              So Here's a theory. What if the Harcesis is Skaara? Maybe that's why Apophis chose him as a host for Klorel
                              And in 60 years he still just look like a kid?

Nah, I don't think so. I believe the theories following Egyptian mythology makes more sense. And the events thus far seemed (in my opinion) to lead in that direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X