No announcement yet.

Episode 3 (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well. as more parts come out and more Mission files are written, we might be able to piece it all together at the end, with that final mission file on episode 10

Comment

Major problem here. The stargate stayed on for so long without anything or anyone going through. How is this possible???
      Originally posted by jerem View Post
      And according to Wikipedia, Isis/Aset is the same goddess, just a different name. Apparently Aset is her Egyptian name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis
      That's not correct BTW. Her Egyptian name is Isis with a different pronunciation.She's called Ezees in Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
        Major problem here. The stargate stayed on for so long without anything or anyone going through. How is this possible???
        There has always been some story-telling leeway from episode to episode as far as how long a gate stayed opened with nobody going through.
        Granted, they kinda stretched it a little. But it's not like there's an exact time either.

Same thing with getting shot with a zat gun... Sometimes you're out for a long time, some times you're not even loosing consciousness.

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
        That's not correct BTW. Her Egyptian name is Isis with a different pronunciation.She's called Ezees in Egypt.
        I was referring to *ancient* egypt, but I could have been wrong about that too. Either way, encyclopedia Britannica event starts their article by saying the following:
        Isis, Egyptian Aset or Eset, one of the most important goddesses[...]

Comment

I was already concerned with continuity, and after reading this thread, I realize that I missed a lot of it. I found that scene with Aset to be so weird. I understand that they have limited budget to create sets, but it felt strange that she was standing right near the gate with the baby. With that said, this was the most interesting episode of the three (not a ringing endorsement), so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Got provided provided with another theory that could keep Isis and Aset the "same" Goa'uld.... Cloning!

Aren't we told she's a scientist/engineer/inventor? Perhaps she'll have developed similar technology to what BAAL will be doing many decades later.

Just imagine the following: What if the canopic jars from the Stewart expedition were containing clones of both Isis and Osiris? Like a "backup" in case Ra would kill them. After all, theses jars were designed to keep the Goa'uld alive indefinitely.
            But then the gate on Earth got buried ~5000 years ago and nobody came back to reclaim/revive them. And somehow Isis and Osiris (the real ones) got killed between then and now. We may even get to see Isis/Aset's death in SGO.
            To think that Osiris/Sarah Gardner was a clone all along... Mindboggling ;-)
            Last edited by jerem; 16 February 2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I wanted to support SGOrigins, i was exited at first to see it, but 3 episodes and a tone of continuity issues Its an insult to every stargate fan, its like the writers just gave us all a big middle finger right in our faces.

I have watched sg1, atlantis and universe at least 3 times each, SG1 is my all time favorite tv show.
              I am forced to watch origins because im a big fan, and i wanted it to succeed and to be good.
              I was not expecting SG1;Atlantis or universe quality, i was ok with that even with the fanfic feeling of it.

BUT the continuity trashed is so INSULTING its insane, 18 seasons just trashed.
              Stargate became great because they had fans watching and buying their stuff, these fans made stargate what it is with their love and support, for the writers and producers and directors and actors that did an amazing job with it and it became great.

I really hope that before this first season of SGO is finished we see something happen that deletes all knowledge of the gate, or amnesia or time changing ANYTHING!

but.. with the fact that they traveled to a world that is not abydos destroyed continuity already, because in sg1 abydos coords worked because it was the closest gate in the gate network to earth..

And since im talking about the gate... REALLY ? you can power it with a car ?
              This is a direct quote from General Hammond : "It costs nearly a billion dollars just to turn the lights on around here."

im guessing the lights were REALLY OLD and required a tone of power right ?
              not to mention all the times SG1 had to find power sourced to power the gate ... because it required ALLOT.
              Maybe they were not plugging them right.... RIGHT?

All and all. out of 10 i would give this a week 3. I hope the next episodes are better.
              I want to support this but... i dont want more of this. Sell the license to someone who will take good care of it pls.

Comment

why not ? continuity has already been ruined... so it could well be her. or anyone for that matter. could be Baal for all we know lol continuity means nothing to origin.

Comment

cannon has been destroyed on multiple occasions during these 3 episodes. This being isis.. would not break anything that isent broken already. I wish they never made SGorigins..

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
                    it felt strange that she was standing right near the gate with the baby.
                    The Stargate is located in the Temple of Aset, which does make some sense. By the feature film there are no Goa'uld presently living (and ruling in Ra's stead) on Abydos, so the team ends up gating into an empty structure.

Originally posted by jerem View Post
                    Got provided provided with another theory that could keep Isis and Aset the "same" Goa'uld.... Cloning!
                    Interesting theory! Though in Baal's case, didn't he get cloning technology from what Anubis had stolen from the Asgard? I had the impression during Season 9 that cloning was far beyond the level that the Goa'uld were at. (And ultimately even the Asgard couldn't get it right.)

Originally posted by Sniforge View Post
                    BUT the continuity trashed is so INSULTING its insane, 18 seasons just trashed.
                    I'm not sure why you would draw this conclusion preemptively. Because the Langfords went through the gate? The story isn't over. Lots can happen in another 70 minutes.

but.. with the fact that they traveled to a world that is not abydos destroyed continuity already, because in sg1 abydos coords worked because it was the closest gate in the gate network to earth..
                    Why do you suppose they are not on Abydos?

And since im talking about the gate... REALLY ? you can power it with a car ?
                    SG-1 did so in "1969." Granted the truck batteries likely had greater output, but nothing in canon has suggested that this is not possible. In fact there's some evidence that the gate requires relatively little power: remember when they dialed it using Linea's juiced-up plants ("Prisoners")?
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      Interesting theory! Though in Baal's case, didn't he get cloning technology from what Anubis had stolen from the Asgard? I had the impression during Season 9 that cloning was far beyond the level that the Goa'uld were at. (And ultimately even the Asgard couldn't get it right.)
                      Asgard technology? Perhaps... Although I was more under the impression that Baal learned of cloning while he was having fun on our small planet. In some ways, I had always assumed it was our own technology all along, perhaps combined with whatever the Asgard gave us while we were trying to help them with their cloning problem (in "Covenant").
                      Take SG-1 episode "Nightwalkers" where a bunch of Goa'uld symbiotes were cloned by this company before the town was taken over. I would think this was done only with Earth's technology and know-how.

And let's not forget that in the real world, cloning animal has been around for at least a quarter century already, without help from aliens (conspiracy theorists cue here ). So one could assume it can easily be developed independently by the Goa'uld, since they supposedly are more advanced than us.

SG-1 did so in "1969." Granted the truck batteries likely had greater output, but nothing in canon has suggested that this is not possible. In fact there's some evidence that the gate requires relatively little power: remember when they dialed it using Linea's juiced-up plants ("Prisoners")?
                      Yes, they obviously designed that scene around what was seen in "1969". However it seemed much weaker in SGO making it less believable. I agree it felt like a "cheat", to the point I would probably have preferred the Nazi to fly down their DHD from Berlin or pull-out an old Goa'uld dial-out thingy artifact like what BAAL used in "Continuum". They could have unearthed it at the same place all their equally unbelievable parchment documentation came from for all I care

That said, I would like to point out SG1 episode "Nemesis" where they dialed the gate with absolutely no direct source of power. They explained it by saying the gate had enough energy "stored" internally already to dial out once, from being connected in the SGC.
                      One could perhaps explain the 1969 case by saying a residual charge was still left from the experiments done in 1945, and the 3 (and way bigger) trucks had only provided whatever power was missing.
                      Perhaps same thing somehow could be said for SGO too? Although the gate was left unpowered for ~5000 years.

Interesting theory!
                      I thought so too, wish I could claim it as my own, but it comes from a Facebook friend I was exchanging with earlier today.
                      Now I'm really hoping that the baby shown might be the future host for Heru'ur, an Harsesis (meaning "Horus, son of Isis"). Kinda is why I'm hoping that Isis and Aset are the same!

Comment

Carter said the plants created "cold fusion", and if real-world theories are anything to go by, they should generate significantly more power than a normal generator.

Comment

I watched all three episodes...yeah, cheap production values, story telling seemed on point... very claustrophobic set on the alien planet -- Abydos??? I find Catherine a bit too jarring and earnest and hope that if this continues they will ramp her down a bit...too anachronistic.

I am hopeful that like a lot of projects, this will even out. I kept telling myself this is a webcast and so allowances must be made.

Comment

German soldier wears a female panties. This is also a wrong joke what has nothing to do with Stargate.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Agreed - the underwear 'joke' was completely out of order. Someone needs to remind the production team that they're filming in the 21st century, for crying out loud. The only thing distasteful about a man wanting to wear women's underwear is that he took it without her permission.

Comment

Do you know How stupid it sounds for a German ... What the Nazis are saying?

Low Budget is no reason to do work like a Student.

Finally origins destoyed soundness from the Point of view of fans.

The MGM Management Needs to say sorry to the Fan base.

After that big mistake they will not get a Second chance which means stargate is killed for ever.

The license will become very cheap After that.

Comment

Working...
                                X