MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Wow.... those "Original Gater" titles are really rubbing it in now...
    My precious title.... Don't worry, I couldn't be bribed so easily. I was just wondering what it is and why have I deserved it. Then I looked around and almost everyone got it regardless the number of post or comments or followers. While other All-Access fans haven't got it at all (like SuperMom). Who understand it? It is as chaotic and random like the app itself.
    Last edited by Platschu; 03 December 2018, 05:41 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      My precious title.... Don't worry, I couldn't be bribed so easily. I was just wondering what it is and why have I deserved it. Then I looked around and almost everyone got it regardless the number of post or comments or followes. While other All-Access fans haven't got it at all (like SuperMom). Who understand it? It is as chaotic and random like the app itself.
      It's definitely linked to All-access and I do think Moose has a point it's to do with the "founding member" thing. They did say there would be "special" things coming for all-access members who re-upped earlier or whatever.

I'll check the code tomorrow ... err... later today... ...see if I can find a pattern to it.

But the case remains, this is not the place I want to continue spending time. I was already a third class passenger -- this just firmly puts everyone else it the "do-not-want" list for all we can assume. I hate those people so much right now. They don't have to show their faces at me anymore -- they are a disgrace to fandom in general.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just did a quick check in the code. The icon is classified as "verified user", while those still with a SGC All-access title are simple classified as "subscription" so you're basically a cooler user than everyone else right now.

Comment

I know I should also abadon the place. No logic reasons, begging, campaigns, group suggestions or anything else can change their mind. They are not even talking to the fans anymore. No statement, no announcement, nothing. Even the All-Access is good only for streaming as there are hardly any articles. They have made a series about the gods, the bad guys, the races, but that is all. Most of them are poorly written. I don't care too much about the comics. They have added some extra videos, but I believe most of them were DVD extras. So nothing exciting or new. Soon it or later everone will give up. I have already invested so much free time and energy, but it is not my job to entertain and magically to maintain the decreasing attention and hype. And they are not even bothered to make any official statement. Unacceptable.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

See, at this point, I think it bothers me the most that they are huddling in the depths of virtual space. It feels like they are hiding (I'd be hiding too if I were in their shoes).

Their silence gets on my nerves the most. At least, acknowledge your users in some way other than "we're working on it" or whatever. The continued lack of progress on the Bluetooth speakers is probably sending several off virtual edge too. I mean, how hard can that be for crying out loud.

Malp-on-a-stick is right: I am the Original Hater of Stargate Command. A title I'm not nearly as proud of as he/she might think.

I'm just incredibly disappointed in the "community" -- next campaign for anything stargate they can stick where the sun doesn't shine. You want me to show up for your precious franchise, I guess you should have shown up when I asked for help to expand the access. You didn't care then, I don't give a rat's behind about what you want now.

**Hypothetically speaking IF there ever would be anything remotely "campaign"-like again.

Comment

Received the email today concerning the Founding Member Pack. It will be shipped the end of December. Gee..

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                Received the email today concerning the Founding Member Pack. It will be shipped the end of December. Gee..
                Same here. Considering I will get an exclusive patch, I've decided to forgive SGC for Origins and international access.

Not
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Same here. Considering I will get an exclusive patch, I've decided to forgive SGC for Origins and international access.

Not

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I know I should also abadon the place.
                    lol

If you stop posting, that place will be a ghost town.

Y’know, the “Original Gater” flair kinda irks me. To me, an “Original Gater” is someone that has followed the franchise from the very beginning. Not someone that pitched in $40 twenty something years later.
                    Last edited by mooseman; 04 December 2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                      It would most certainly be less colorful.

Y’know, the “Original Gater” flair kinda irks me. To me, an “Original Gater” is someone that has followed the franchise from the very beginning. Not someone that pitched in $40 twenty something years later.
                      This.

If they had gone with "Founding member" that would still have stung but "Original Gater" is both insulting and irksome.

However, on the flipside... We're still ascended.

...For the time being anyway.

Comment

However, on the flipside... We're still ascended.

...For the time being anyway.
                        This is actually quite ironic. With all the "ascended" users, there's clearly a divide, just like between the Ancients and Ori. All the All-Access ascended are like the Ancients, they are happy and ignorant. And the rest are the Ori, filled with rage and "hatred" towards the others.

Hallowed are the Ori.

Now we just need to build a supergate and burn the place down.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                          This is actually quite ironic. With all the "ascended" users, there's clearly a divide, just like between the Ancients and Ori. All the All-Access ascended are like the Ancients, they are happy and ignorant. And the rest are the Ori, filled with rage and "hatred" towards the others.
                          To be perfectly fair... the accounts with no access are dwindling rapidly... and apart from a few stragglers, there aren't that many left.

With the title change, it's also less clear who is a paying member and who isn't. This creates another false image that everyone is "welcome" (in a manner of speaking).

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                          Hallowed are the Ori.

Now we just need to build a supergate and burn the place down.

Comment

lol
                            Ohh thanks. It is good to hear that somebody appreciate it. I have been away for two weeks in November and people asked me if I come back and what happened. It was nice, my little SG ego boost needs such feedback that somebody somewhere is entertained by my enthusiasm Honestly I haven't done anything special, what any other fans couldn't make or follow my path. I have just tried different type of games, a little science reference, my own entertainment of star constellations and a few ideas of fan fictions. I am not really interested in characters, so I can't comment on Daniel or Sheppard posts.

So that is the reason I have asked a few weeks ago that really for what reason would we like to keep the message board there? I was interested what the fans want regardles if they are all or none access.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 05 December 2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I'm going to quietly disappear off the radar... me thinks. Won't be missed.

Comment

I'm going to quietly disappear off the radar... me thinks. Won't be missed.
                                We will. Just ignore the SG:C and stay here with us. Just because the leadership of the app is a joke, you can't give up the love and care for the SG franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X