No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that reddit-post is pure speculation on a fan's part, I'd rather wait and see... but obviously I'm not interested in seeing another limited access story emerge.

If it isn't a TV-show or TV-movie, than the stargate chapter really comes to a close for me. I'll finish the rewatch but that'll be the end of it so probably 2 to 3 years from now... at the rate I'm going.
    A lot can still happen in that time.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not sure if that's the right thread for it, but I've seen a Tweet from Mallozzi saying that he just picked up a new sci-fi show that was pitched to him recently and is currently working on world building and preliminary stuff. He also says that its very different to what he's used to work with.

Not Stargate for sure, and hopefully not something similar to Dark Matter.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

It would be nice if they could reveal that actually he, RCC and BW work on a new SG show, but they were not allowed to reveal it. But honestly I doubt it.

Other. I have heard a gossip that DC fired Henry Cavill (Superman), so he was cast as a main character for the new Witcher series on Netflix. Then it looks like they wanted to replace him with Christopher Judge as Superman. Is it true? Is he not too old for this role? And he was more involved with Stargate, but maybe his new role doesn't close out the two options.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Other. I have heard a gossip that DC fired Henry Cavill (Superman), so he was cast as a main character for the new Witcher series on Netflix. Then it looks like they wanted to replace him with Christopher Judge as Superman. Is it true? Is he not too old for this role? And he was more involved with Stargate, but maybe his new role doesn't close out the two options.
          Yes, Henry Cavill is out as Superman.

Henry Cavill Out as Superman Amid Warner Bros.' DC Universe Shake-Up (Exclusive)

Chris Judge as Superman is a joke, right?

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Not Stargate for sure, and hopefully not something similar to Dark Matter.
          Definitely not Stargate-related. He's already said as much.

Comment

Other gossip said Michael Jordan now....

The only selfish reason I was worried that if something is going to be announced this week, then how will be CJ involved in different projects. But I doubt they will choose him. Sorry to say, but he is 54 years old, so if they want a Superman in the future DC projects for the next 5-10-15 years, then he wouldn't be a right decision.

The Witcher is going to be shot in Hungary too, so it will be nice to follow the fate of that fantasy project.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The only selfish reason I was worried that if something is going to be announced this week, then how will be CJ involved in different projects. But I doubt they will choose him. Sorry to say, but he is 54 years old, so if they want a Superman in the future DC projects for the next 5-10-15 years, then he wouldn't be a right decision.
              Considering Cavill was already considered too old.

The Witcher is going to be shot in Hungary too, so it will be nice to follow the fate of that fantasy project.
              I have to admit I have no clue what The Witcher is all about, but cool that they're shooting in Hungary though.

Comment

Judge as superman? Lol come on, inclusion and diversity is important but a black man portraying superman just seems farfetched to me.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

OFF

FH: Witcher III is an award winning fantasy game which was developed by a Polish company, the CD Red Project. It was a great success and it was even supported by the Polish goverment. Even lots of Hungarian programmers have worked for them as well. It is similar to the Elder Scroll series.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs
                  The Digic Pictures made an awesome trailer for it as well :
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kAhE7ApxaA
                  This Hungarian Budapest based company is specialized on game trailers and they earn a ridicolous amount of money.They are really really good... So hopefully the Netflix will make the next Game of Thrones with the Witcher series what we can enjoy in the following years.

Chaka : They are really planning a black Superman.

ON
                  Last edited by Platschu; 13 September 2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

FH: Witcher III is an award winning fantasy game which was developed by a Polish company, the CD Red Project. It was a great success and it was even supported by the Polish goverment. Even lots of Hungarian programmers have worked for them as well. It is similar to the Elder Scroll series.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs
                    The Digic Pictures made an awesome trailer for it as well :
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kAhE7ApxaA
                    This Hungarian Budapest based company is specialized on game trailers and they earn a ridicolous amount of money.They are really really good... So hopefully the Netflix will make the next Game of Thrones with the Witcher series what we can enjoy in the following years.
                    The Witcher is a very popular series of books written by a Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. The video games were (loosely) based on the books, and the series will also be based on the books not the games. And the series will also be a largely American production.

Comment

Nivao: Thanks, but I am aware of it and I am very proud that a Polish franchise became so successfull. I haven't read the books and haven't played the game, but my friends praised it. It is on my list to buy it.

So back to Stargate. The time has come to open the sarcophagus of the franchise.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 14 September 2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Oh my goddess, I feel so stupid now.... cause I do know what the Witcher is... ...oops...

Comment

So back to Stargate. The time has come to open the sarcophagus of the franchise.
                          Do you have a scoop!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            Do you have a scoop!
                            It's Gatecon in Vancouver this weekend. Apparently there will be something "happening" there.

Comment

*tears his shirt off* : yuuuuuuuus
                              Spoiler:

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...te-convention/

According to the GW, the announcement could happen on Saturday. Maybe we should make an announcement bingo:

- nothing
                                - nothing, but "we are working on it"
                                - nothing, but "we tried to work on it"
                                - nothing, but the **** SyFy sabotaged it
                                - Jaffa stories by CJ
                                - new Origins season or seasons
                                - new mini-series from BW
                                - new spin-off from BW
                                - new SG movies with the combined cast of SG-1/Atlantis/Universe from BW

etc.

Then probably we will hear more about the furute of SG:C as they are planning to extend the service. If we are lucky it will be available in 7 countries instead of 6.

Then they will talk about the cooperation with the Tongal

Maybe we will hear about the Stargate merchandise shop. It would be nice to have some good quality mugs, fridge magnets etc., but most of the fans have already done such things "unofficially" by themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X