Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Well it's kind of to be expected... there hasn't been any new SG material for a long time. How else are they supposed to *latch on*?
    True, but I meant that if there were to be new stargate it would have to be something that appeals to the "younger demographic" though I'm no longer certain who that "younger demographic" is -- doubtful it's the Fortnite-playing crowd.

Then again, they're not latching onto Origins...
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Okay let's settle this right here and now. Fortnite sucks. PUBG is much better. Phew *exhales loudly*

Younger generation is usually defined as 18-34, in my marketing classes we usually would separate 16 to 24 / 24 to 34. There's no clear definition.

I remember watching Stargate SG-1 on Cable TV as a kid, I might have been 8 or 9. (which was translated in French, otherwise I wouldn't have known it at all) I didn't get latched on until I was perhaps in my twenties, but it certainly fueled my passion for Sci-fi.

If you want the *younger generation* latch on to Stargate, your ONLY avenue is to go through Netflix or any similar platform that appeals to this generation. Most of the people I know (in their late 20s and early 30s) never subscribed to standard satellite / fiber optic TV channels. We simply don't watch TV anymore.

Okay let's settle this right here and now. Fortnite sucks. PUBG is much better. Phew *exhales loudly*
    Honestly, I'd never heard of Fortnite until two or three weeks ago.

We simply don't watch TV anymore.
    Nope, we certainly don't.... we hook it up to the computer these days.
    But not for streaming. I haven't signed up to Netflix yet.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Reserve Player

you could just start a youtube channel, provide a access fee, or per episode purchase, then while they pay the access fee, let them watch every stargate episode, as well as the new ones, and include lots of stargate behind the scenes talks, and get in show stargate science lectures from actors on set in uniforms etc

Quote Originally Posted by AleksisMi View Post
    you could just start a youtube channel, provide a access fee, or per episode purchase, then while they pay the access fee, let them watch every stargate episode, as well as the new ones, and include lots of stargate behind the scenes talks, and get in show stargate science lectures from actors on set in uniforms etc
    They have a YouTube channel where they play episodes "for free" for 2 days and everyone can watch them and then they discuss them or whatever.

But basically, you just described Stargate Command which gives all-access access to 6 countries and they get all the series and films, all the new Dial Home interviews and all the extras. The rest gets nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    True, but I meant that if there were to be new stargate it would have to be something that appeals to the "younger demographic" though I'm no longer certain who that "younger demographic" is -- doubtful it's the Fortnite-playing crowd.
    SG1's main demographic was 40-50's. SGU was aimed at a younger audience, meaning 30-40's.

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    SG1's main demographic was 40-50's. SGU was aimed at a younger audience, meaning 30-40's.
    Apparently, I'm the younger demograhic...