Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1310
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Quote Originally Posted by Mardus View Post
    For one: Stargate Command, which appeared like Stargate Central for all shows, is no longer on the VRV streaming service.
    Hasn't been there since January or so. Their contract ran out.

VRV was also US-only so it wouldn't have garnered any "outside" viewership.

But yesterday, I was able to enjoy two episodes of Stargate: Atlantis on YouTube — "First Contact" and "The Lost Tribe", a limited-time upload by the very official Stargate Command channel. The audio volume of the upload was low, though.
    They promote those "Wormhole wednesdays" on their twitter feed, and there are a couple of people who will talk about it on theirs, but beyond that, since they are reaccuring, most gaters already know they exist.

But why would we want to watch these episodes when they can't be bothered to extend their app/website. It clearly has little to do with rights or whatever.

Besides, decent quality and decent sound on my DVD's ... and commercial free.

Here's hoping, that there will be more such YouTube uploads in the future.
    Almost every wednesday at some local American time that is way passed my bedtime in European time.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Also, whatever "something" they're working on, NickEast, it's come too late.

I guess you could say they already leaked the new website/app they're working on with a different company than TopFan. Whatever it is, they can stick it where Ra doesn't shine.

How easily bought will the people be who are still waiting for their precious loot they were promised. Probably gonna fall for another scheme next time they have to cough up money for all-access.

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by NickEast View Post
    I said I knew something was happening. Something. Not that I know what it is... I'm not actually a part of anything (yet, hopefully). It's just because of some correspondence that I know something is going behind the curtain...

I hope I didn't just ruin everything for me by saying anything
    If you know anything, I would keep my mouth shut on details if I were you.
    NDA's are not something to mess around with, unless you can slam dunk the other party.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    If you know anything, I would keep my mouth shut on details if I were you.
    NDA's are not something to mess around with, unless you can slam dunk the other party.
    What he said...

Also... you're at the level of Stargate Command cruel... and that's even less liked. Just saying... (and that's not talking personal dislike here -- they are slipping away into a frosty dislike among the general public).

I'll be that guy. Maybe he is full of it. Wouldn't be the first guy who claimed to have information who was lying to the fandom
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    What he said...

Also... you're at the level of Stargate Command cruel... and that's even less liked. Just saying... (and that's not talking personal dislike here -- they are slipping away into a frosty dislike among the general public).
    It's not cruel, at least not with any intent. He seems to want to speak, but feels constrained, and that's sorta fair.
    Do I think anything will happen though? Nope.
    It's like YouTube channels that tell you "the real reason of XYZ", it keeps your hope alive and public interest.
    Thing is, Stargate has no public interest, and that's the hard truth.
    Then again, neither did the Avengers until someone wove a 23 movie/episode series to do it either.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I'll be that guy. Maybe he is full of it. Wouldn't be the first guy who claimed to have information who was lying to the fandom
    I don't think there is enough to get to lying. Speaking to more than what you know?
    Perhaps.
    I trust no ONE, same as you mate.

.. I know something is going behind the curtain...
    ACT 2 - aka Episode 2 - aka Year 2

SGC leader 1 : - What shall we tell them this time? The crowd is getting more and more demanding.
    SGC leader 2 : - We could tell them we are working on it... They love this phrase now. If it worked for Brad, maybe it will do it for us too.
    SGC leader 1 : - We need something more original. I believe we should let false rumours spread about extension and their little patch and a potential live action spinoff...
    SGC leader 2 : - ?????
    SGC leader 1 : - ... and when they all start to hope then we will crush their hearts together, so we can break their spirit forever.
    SGC leader 2 : - You are genious and evil.
    SGC leader 1 : - Thanks you, cheers!

TO BE CONTINUED
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    ACT 2 - aka Episode 2 - aka Year 2

SGC leader 1 : - What shall we tell them this time? The crowd is getting more and more demanding.
    SGC leader 2 : - We could tell them we are working on it... They love this phrase now. If it worked for Brad, maybe it will do it for us too.
    SGC leader 1 : - We need something more original. I believe we should let false rumours spread about extension and their little patch and a potential live action spinoff...
    SGC leader 2 : - ?????
    SGC leader 1 : - ... and when they all start to hope then we will crush their hearts together, so we can break their spirit forever.
    SGC leader 2 : - You are genious and evil.
    SGC leader 1 : - Thanks you, cheers!

TO BE CONTINUED
    Possibly true, all of it.
    Why did NickEast request a public name change though?
    That's asking for trouble.

Uhm, careful with the hostility. Read first. I never said I knew anything. In fact, I actually explicitly said I don't, repeat don't, know anything. I said I know something is happening. That's it. That's literally everything I know. I didn't sign an NDA, because, as I also said, I'm not a part of anything. So no one told me anything. I have no inside information.

In case people still didn't read it: I don't know anything. I just know something is happening. Which is as much as anyone else.

At least I know now how careful you have to be with saying something. Some people seem to read too much in certain words, when they're to be taken literally.

Why did NickEast request a public name change though?
    That's asking for trouble.
    And what is the problem with changing a nickname that I used years ago which I now hate and wanted to change into a name I now use everywhere else? And the fact that it's almost a literal translation (aka, Anglicization) of my real name, considering my real (last) name is typical Dutch and very difficult to pronounce in English (and even then it sounds weird).

It appears more that other people are asking for trouble, or at least seeing problems where there aren't any.
    Last edited by NickEast; May 15th, 2019 at 01:15 AM.

It's not cruel, at least not with any intent. He seems to want to speak, but feels constrained, and that's sorta fair.
    He doesn't know anything... just like Gateworld doesn't know anything.

And I literally mean nothing -- just speculation, like we all know something but at the same time nothing.

Neither does Command -- they're just good at spinning tales.

Uhm, careful with the hostility.
    Yeah sorry, I apologize... my laptop crashed on me because my sister unplugged it and it can't live without its electricity these days, and she forgot to point it out before I turned it on in passing. Wasn't in the best of moods.

No hard feelings... (my laptop is fine too).

And what is the problem with changing a nickname that I used years ago which I now hate and wanted to change into a name I now use everywhere else? And the fact that it's almost a literal translation (aka, Anglicization) of my real name, considering my real (last) name is typical Dutch and very difficult to pronounce in English (and even then it sounds weird).
    @Gatefan -- he changed his name ages ago...

It appears more that other people are asking for trouble, or at least seeing problems where there aren't any.
    We're all frustrated... or as Tom on Twitter calls it, we have gatefatigue.

I hear.

I think that same frustration can be read in my last response.

Maybe it was my optimism that made people frustrated and believe I knew something more than I was telling. My gatefatigue began right after Origins came out. That's why I stopped watching, and why I stopped working on my fan art. And why I'm hoping for that opportunity, despite a side of me knowing it will probably not come.

Don't ever stop on the fan art -- just look no further than Les Enfants de MacGyuver... 10 years later they have a fully build gate.

And look at PH -- she does 3D models sometimes of the concept art Joe Mallozzi posts on his feed, and he's quite happy with the results.

MGM will probably not give it a second glance, but everyone else will.

It makes me sad when I see such flame, gaters. Don't torture each other. That is my job if you remember the Adams family reference... But okay, back to seriousness. If you don't agree with an opinion that is fine as part of human nature and taste, but commenting about the change of his nickname?! How is it related to his posts? So come on, let it be peace. Be angry with MGM, the SG:C, but not with each other. No tv shows are worth of it.
    :inner Nox has sit on Platschu's shoulder:
    Last edited by Platschu; May 15th, 2019 at 01:17 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Can I point out how unnoticed 25 years of stargate is going?

To be clear, I have absolutely ZERO anger towards NickEast, so let's stop this **** right now.
    I have no connection with the guy and I only posted to warn him of the legal dangers.

No wonder nothing happens in the fanbase, it's to busy eating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Don't ever stop on the fan art -- just look no further than Les Enfants de MacGyuver... 10 years later they have a fully build gate.

And look at PH -- she does 3D models sometimes of the concept art Joe Mallozzi posts on his feed, and he's quite happy with the results.

MGM will probably not give it a second glance, but everyone else will.
    I don't want to. In fact, seeing that gorgeous full size Stargate is giving me the jitters. I can't wait to see the final version.

I was working on remaking my own functional Stargate in the Unreal Engine, after I created the dynamic event horizon surface. And I switched modeling software so can't reuse my original files (and because, shame on me, I made the original model just a tad too small ). However, at the moment I have to renew my license and I am busy with my own fantasy world and story, so I decided to take at least one, maybe two, month(s) off to save some money and time.

Nice TRY Nick, you know something, TELL US! *puts spotlight in his face* JUST SAY IT!

lol Sorry really I was teasing you I didn't mean to start this sh*tstorm, seems like we all have SG at heart, we grief together guys!
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

It's not really that bad of a sh*tstorm. I'm just glad we worked things out. I myself do "explode" now and again when it feels like I'm being "attacked", or when people don't seem to understand what I mean (not that they don't truly understand it, just that it seems to be that they don't). I try not to do that, but occasionally it happens. Considering what we're talking about here... well... everyone here understands what I mean, right?

You lost me at hello...

Come on guys. As much as we all love Stargate, it is only a tv show. Don't argue on such things where we haven't got any influence. I really wanted to see to happen the return of the franchise. I also wanted to be part of it, but it is time to move on if they are not interested in our opinion. This local community is more important and you care about each other if you post in this forum day by day. Stargate was just the beginning, but there are so many great shows on the market which can keep us together. Maybe the Stargate will return to its former glory one day and maybe we are still here to experience it, but we have to use our own mind to fulfill our dreams until that moment.