No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well MGM are the guys in control just like the Ori, for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ganymede View Post
      Well MGM are the guys in control just like the Ori, for better or worse.
      What is it the Ori want again? Full compliance to the Book of Origin?

Can't remember.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They want the recipe for the flamey cocktail called Ori gin.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          They want the recipe for the flamey cocktail called Ori gin.

Sounds hot!

Comment

I happen to be controlled remotely by a little kid in China. Most people are owned and operated by their spouses. I never know what I'm going to do.

Comment

Okay, so, well, ahem, [cough]. I took the plunge and set up a new wiki for Stargate. Granted, I did that just now, but I fully intend to work on it for the first few days as I have a lot more time. After that, I'll update it regularly. Registration is blocked for now by the way while I'm preparing the whole thing, but I will open it up for registration later.

Also, that means I will probably start a new rewatch in the coming weeks to update the wiki "live".

It may be a stupid decision, but it's something I want to explore just to at least create something related to Stargate, and this is the simplest way to do it compared to fan-fiction and fan art. And I love worldbuilding, backstory, and all the lore.

Maybe people want to help, maybe not. Either way, it's mostly a long term experiment anyway and no harm no foul.

Comment

Yuck, a Stargate Atlantis movie in the works

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                  Yuck, a Stargate Atlantis movie in the works
                  Nope, just a live read of a part of the script at SDCC.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                    Okay, so, well, ahem, [cough]. I took the plunge and set up a new wiki for Stargate. Granted, I did that just now, but I fully intend to work on it for the first few days as I have a lot more time. After that, I'll update it regularly. Registration is blocked for now by the way while I'm preparing the whole thing, but I will open it up for registration later.

Also, that means I will probably start a new rewatch in the coming weeks to update the wiki "live".
                    Mine stalled again... ...I kinda rewatched some other stuff (Supergirl) and then decided on a whim to rewatch The DaVinci Code and then I remembered how much I loved watching Audrey Tautou... and stargate just disappeared in the void.

It may be a stupid decision, but it's something I want to explore just to at least create something related to Stargate, and this is the simplest way to do it compared to fan-fiction and fan art. And I love worldbuilding, backstory, and all the lore.
                    Not stupid -- Superfan material right here.

Maybe people want to help, maybe not. Either way, it's mostly a long term experiment anyway and no harm no foul.
                    I'll think about it.

@Platschu's your man though.

Nope, just a live read of a part of the script at SDCC.
                    Indeed.

Which is hilarious cause I suggested to Mallozzi -- tongue in cheek -- they could do a table read while at SDCC at the panel or some such, and then they announced it and I was like, "Err... wait what?". It was probably in the works for a while but nevertheless I found it amusing.

Also, Stargate Command will put a video of it on their app -- "for the public". Mmm... yeah... "all access" more like, or "registered users only" -- take your pick cause public is very relative with these guys.

Comment

Oh, I completely forgot about the possibility that it'll be All Access only... surely they wouldn't be that evil, right? Right!?

Comment

Oh, I completely forgot about the possibility that it'll be All Access only... surely they wouldn't be that evil, right? Right!?
                        I certainly wouldn't put it passed them... after all, it's a table read of a script owned by MGM... wouldn't broadcasting/license issues apply to that also.

Like the novels are off-limits (even though internationally available -- and are literal hits and misses), the comics (internationally available -- still haven't ordered them), ... I mean... just saying...

Comment

Reminder that Stargate Command is only a participant because Legion M lets them tag along:

MGM's Stargate Command will present a replica “Stargate” photo opportunity in the Theatre Box lobby for the whole weekend and will give attendees a chance to spin the prize wheel for unique “Stargate” prizes, including mini-posters, pins, buttons, original SuperFan creations and more! Talent will be dropping by for autographs as well! Look for more information about schedules, podcasts, and more fun all weekend!

Also, apparently in order to be a Superfan, you have to be able to create free stuff. I see now that it's only commercially minded folks who will ever fill those spots.

By the gods, they can all rot in nee'tu for all I care.
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 12 July 2019, 04:39 PM. Reason: I can't remember how to spell "hell" in Goa'uld -- sorry.

Comment

Sad thing is even though I check in with the SGC pretty much daily (why? I don’t know), I learned about the Extinction table read when it was mentioned on Reddit and got more info from here. I just checked the SGC the see what they have to say but there isn’t word one about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                              Sad thing is even though I check in with the SGC pretty much daily (why? I don’t know), I learned about the Extinction table read when it was mentioned on Reddit and got more info from here. I just checked the SGC the see what they have to say but there isn’t word one about it.
                              It should be on their "events" page since that's where LegionM is linking to.

Although only LegionM registered members have access to the extracurricular events (or some such), though registration is free on their website. At least, I saw a lot of people comment they had to register as LegionM members to get access to the stargate events... which therefore means MGM has little to do with any of it, and it's all LegionM doing the work for them. Without LegionM, stargate command means literally nothing.

Comment

Nope, their events page only has the SDCC itself, nothing about the read through.
                                Unless there’s an All Access only Events Page. Which really wouldn’t surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                                X