No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the meantime, we got high praise from Anthony Daniels, Kathleen Kennedy and LucasFilm.

Also, LucasFilm wants our crate seats, in which all the stars of the film sat over the last few days at Star Wars Celebrations.

Eat that, MGM!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And the Star Wars Show did, in fact, take our crate seats home with them.

And I hadn't even sat in them... now, we need to build new ones.

Anywho...

So, the buzz with the superfans has passed, and died down... like literally, died down. Not a word from any of them about their time at Wondercon or what exactly it is they are "doing" for Command. Or Command even expanding on, what they say, are "your superfans"... No, they're not. Don't even know who they are. Let alone they have mingled in the actual community.

Bar 1, or 2, or maybe 3 -- the rest... completely unknown... like they're not even real. If there weren't any photos of the actual panel, that would probably could have been the truth. Then again, I know none of them so they might just have 10 random people picked off the street and made to pretend.

Which I know isn't what happened but it does feel that way after it was "hyped" to high heavens.

Anyhow... looks like the message feed at Command is currently Platschu's private quiz-page, and Jack_ONeill posts The Stargate Guy's videos faster than he can come and do the same. JO is the keep-us-up-to-date-news-poster.

Comment

And to be honest, some of The Stargate Guys' videos aren't even that good. Now, I haven't seen them all, but those I have talk about fan theories as if they are "facts" (canon); or use fan theories to "explain/clarify" something, while contradicting canon which has made things sufficiently clear. Notably the DHD and ZPM come to mind.

Comment

I have to admit that I haven't seen any of his videos. I'm not particularly active on youtube or ever find the time to watch anything, or just forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Anyhow... looks like the message feed at Command is currently Platschu's private quiz-page
            I am working on it.... Honestly I haven't done anything what any other fan couldn't make. There are some fan girls, some birthday wishers etc. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty that what if my quizes scares people away. Maybe I should post less frequently, so other people could shine and their "threads" won't disappear in oblivion.

Sommer posted a few photos on FB. I have also seen more photos on the FB page of the SG:C app. Don't ask what is the logic that they put more media coverage there instead of their own app...

Here you can find more pictures and nice descriptions of events at WonderCon by LAFurey (GateGabber) :
            https://www.gategab.com/

I will be off now for a few days as I am going to travel home for Eastern and the funeral of my brother-in-law.
            Last edited by Platschu; 18 April 2019, 03:09 PM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I am working on it....
              Prefer your quiz's to those on the feed -- they're way harder and more interesting.

Sommer posted a few photos on FB.
              Facebook isn't public, and she shouldn't have to hide in the first place.

I have also seen more photos on the FB page of the SG:C app. Don't ask what is the logic that they put more media coverage there instead of their own app...
              Maybe they finally realize that blocking half the fandom community from your content isn't as profitable as it was advertised. If the word of mouth don't work, and/or warns against visiting their "fan community" cause of certain inabilities to provide access for everyone, I'd say posting more content in a "public" plaza is better for business.

Here you can find more pictures and nice descriptions of events at WonderCon by LAFurey (GateGabber) : https://www.gategab.com/
              I scanned through the blog a couple days ago... getting thoroughly agitated at the inevitable Command-can-do-no-wrong-and-is-the-holiest-than-thou-community (it's not) praise.

Edit:
              I shouldn't have gone back and scanned it a second time cause now I interpret this "superfan" thing as that it's only for those who've made a name for themselves -- well no... that's called serving a selfish interest, and it's clear from the amount of contact or lack thereof, that's exactly what their serving.

Ugh... I need a break.

That gate, by the way, is a joke. Although, that one dude dressed as a Jedi made the most epic photo with it. He would never have been able to do that with our gate cause people aren't allowed to touch the event horizon print as that would mean they were on the top steps and we can't guarantee their safety up there. There's a gap between the top platform and the event horizon print so should they fall, they could seriously hurt themselves.

I will be off now for a few days as I am going to travel home for Eastern and the funeral of my brother-in-law.
              I've already said it but no harm in repeating myself -- take care of yourself and sorry for your loss.
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 18 April 2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

No comments have been made here for 2-3 weeks. Shocking. Is Stargate really dead?!
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Stargate is never dead. It isn't any more "dead" now than it was before SGC and Origins. Whether or not it will be revived for new shows, that's obviously just a faraway dream. But not any more or less than before.

Comment

I mean now the buzz has completly died after the Origins. More than a year have passed and nothing. Even the Superfan buzz is over now.

I know the Upfronts is coming and that could be a perfect time to announce something SG related by the MGM, but honestly I have also lost hope and my patience. I really wanted to happen, but it looks like we have to spend our time with something more useful or more productive instead of waiting for the miracle.

Comment

NickEast is right. It isn't more dead or alive as before Origins.

MGM/Command just has a poor communications officer (as it were), or more accurately a poor insight in how to keep a buzz going.

I mean, look at BBC and Doctor Who (easy example). There is no new Doctor Who in 2019 and yet, their social media team is posting something new or old every day of the week -- or almost every day of the week. Silly things for Space Day, or International Whatever Day. They always have a funny gif or a quote at the ready to hightlight something from more than 50 years of Who.

Seriously, if stargate is such a precious franchise/IP for MGM, then why they hell are they squandering it. Do they really think that regionblocked fans will come crawling back if they decide to expand. Those are lost and their trust -- also gone.

In the words of that immortal pirate Jack Sparrow to Will when he's eyeing Elizabeth Swann rummaging through the chest of Inca gold: "You know that opportune moment." -- "That was it."

Command has nothing new to offer -- not even to paying members I think. And it seems the problems with all-access are wide and varied. And let's not even begin to talk about the "perks"... exhibit A) the founder's patch.

The Superfan buzz has fizzled out. Hell, they aren't even members... and when they are they are annoyingly in line with Command and the fake community. Hate to say it, but for me that's a betrayal that's unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        NickEast is right. It isn't more dead or alive as before Origins.

MGM/Command just has a poor communications officer (as it were), or more accurately a poor insight in how to keep a buzz going.

I mean, look at BBC and Doctor Who (easy example). There is no new Doctor Who in 2019 and yet, their social media team is posting something new or old every day of the week -- or almost every day of the week. Silly things for Space Day, or International Whatever Day. They always have a funny gif or a quote at the ready to hightlight something from more than 50 years of Who.

Seriously, if stargate is such a precious franchise/IP for MGM, then why they hell are they squandering it. Do they really think that regionblocked fans will come crawling back if they decide to expand. Those are lost and their trust -- also gone.

In the words of that immortal pirate Jack Sparrow to Will when he's eyeing Elizabeth Swann rummaging through the chest of Inca gold: "You know that opportune moment." -- "That was it."

Command has nothing new to offer -- not even to paying members I think. And it seems the problems with all-access are wide and varied. And let's not even begin to talk about the "perks"... exhibit A) the founder's patch.

The Superfan buzz has fizzled out. Hell, they aren't even members... and when they are they are annoyingly in line with Command and the fake community. Hate to say it, but for me that's a betrayal that's unforgivable.
                        All I can say about this is, agreed.

Comment

Have they contacted you about your art work? Or was it also just a promise, NickEast?

I am still doing the quiz show, but this "format" has burnt out a little as the same few people respond. Meh.

I have noticed the app puts occasionally "official" after my comments on SG:C. Nobody contacted me, so no promotion. It must be some kind of glitch as this doesn't happen frequently, just completly randomly.

Comment

No they haven't contacted me yet. Being as "desperate" as I am , I sent an email. They did almost instantly respond (relative to time zones), saying that they hadn't forgotten, but that they were busy with some upcoming things. Yes, in essence, a "we're working on it" response. But I can't help myself to keep some sliver of hope.

Not that it matters either way, I've got plenty of work for myself anyway. So I'll just patiently wait for something. I've learned the hard way, quite recently actually, that when there's an opportunity and I don't take it, I'll regret it for a long time to come. So I'll do anything in my power to grab this opportunity and only give up when there is absolutely no chance anymore.

I know this may seem too trusting, given what has, or rather hasn't, happened. But I will never forgive myself if there actually was a chance and I gave up too soon.

Comment

I have noticed the app puts occasionally "official" after my comments on SG:C. Nobody contacted me, so no promotion. It must be some kind of glitch as this doesn't happen frequently, just completly randomly.
                              If it's any help, I have noticed the website glitching a lot lately. To say that whenever I happen to wander by, I've noticed my menu on the left popping up in Russian instead of English. Or German instead of English.

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                              I know this may seem too trusting, given what has, or rather hasn't, happened. But I will never forgive myself if there actually was a chance and I gave up too soon.
                              I feel you.

Comment

Hope is never a bad thing.
                                Unrealistic and painful sometimes, yes.
                                But never bad.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X