Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125259606162
Results 1,221 to 1,236 of 1236

Wink Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Don't worry, she is loyal to the SG brand. Whenever she says "I am leaving forever" she is back in a few days. It must be your company who she misses so badly.
    Well, either that or the chocolate I use to bribe her. (Just kidding)

Writer of Stargate Nova Roma (Stargate Universe Soft Reboot/Continuation)
    See.... http://44728.blogspot.com/

Rumored to lurk on Twitter as Edmond Dantes /@Dantes74302
    https://twitter.com/Dantes74302

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    We are never continuing the rewatch are we?
    We, or at least, I will continue the rewatch on the 28th of April, which is a Sunday two weeks from now. A day after I return from Lanzarote (aka vacation). Mark thy calendars!
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

And why wasn't Jelgate invited?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

And why wasn't Jelgate invited?
    Always welcome to join. Was told today, you can drive around the island in a little over an hour.

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

I'll do it in half an hour
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I'll do it in half an hour
    Well you can do the jigsaws in half the time it takes the rest of us (in my case less than half the time ) So why not driving round a little ol' islad too?

Don't worry, she is loyal to the SG brand. Whenever she says "I am leaving forever" she is back in a few days.
    I am in inactive mood at Command though, lurking in the background. Checking my messages but no longer participating in any conversation, bar the few likes I dole out to the friendlies.

One less Ascended-account active. Soon, it'll be bubble-players only -- just the way they want it or will get it but not want it because far less people to call yourself a community with.

I have noticed your likes, thank you.

(Just admit it we were right about jelly and the chocolate...)
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

(Just admit it we were right about jelly and the chocolate...)
    Well...

Don't encourage him.

Stargate is quiet again. Nothing happened in the last 2 weeks. No stream, no news, no announcement. So you are right, other franchises deserves more hype and attention. On the other hand my little SG fan heart is broken. Again. But we can't do anything I am afraid, so we have to use the long wait with something more useful then building castles of dreams and false hopes.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

In the meantime, we got high praise from Anthony Daniels, Kathleen Kennedy and LucasFilm.

Also, LucasFilm wants our crate seats, in which all the stars of the film sat over the last few days at Star Wars Celebrations.

Eat that, MGM!

And the Star Wars Show did, in fact, take our crate seats home with them.

And I hadn't even sat in them... now, we need to build new ones.

Anywho...

So, the buzz with the superfans has passed, and died down... like literally, died down. Not a word from any of them about their time at Wondercon or what exactly it is they are "doing" for Command. Or Command even expanding on, what they say, are "your superfans"... No, they're not. Don't even know who they are. Let alone they have mingled in the actual community.

Bar 1, or 2, or maybe 3 -- the rest... completely unknown... like they're not even real. If there weren't any photos of the actual panel, that would probably could have been the truth. Then again, I know none of them so they might just have 10 random people picked off the street and made to pretend.

Which I know isn't what happened but it does feel that way after it was "hyped" to high heavens.

Anyhow... looks like the message feed at Command is currently Platschu's private quiz-page, and Jack_ONeill posts The Stargate Guy's videos faster than he can come and do the same. JO is the keep-us-up-to-date-news-poster.

And to be honest, some of The Stargate Guys' videos aren't even that good. Now, I haven't seen them all, but those I have talk about fan theories as if they are "facts" (canon); or use fan theories to "explain/clarify" something, while contradicting canon which has made things sufficiently clear. Notably the DHD and ZPM come to mind.

I have to admit that I haven't seen any of his videos. I'm not particularly active on youtube or ever find the time to watch anything, or just forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Anyhow... looks like the message feed at Command is currently Platschu's private quiz-page
    I am working on it.... Honestly I haven't done anything what any other fan couldn't make. There are some fan girls, some birthday wishers etc. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty that what if my quizes scares people away. Maybe I should post less frequently, so other people could shine and their "threads" won't disappear in oblivion.

Sommer posted a few photos on FB. I have also seen more photos on the FB page of the SG:C app. Don't ask what is the logic that they put more media coverage there instead of their own app...

Here you can find more pictures and nice descriptions of events at WonderCon by LAFurey (GateGabber) :
    https://www.gategab.com/

I will be off now for a few days as I am going to travel home for Eastern and the funeral of my brother-in-law.
    Last edited by Platschu; April 18th, 2019 at 03:09 PM.

I am working on it....
    Prefer your quiz's to those on the feed -- they're way harder and more interesting.

Sommer posted a few photos on FB.
    Facebook isn't public, and she shouldn't have to hide in the first place.

I have also seen more photos on the FB page of the SG:C app. Don't ask what is the logic that they put more media coverage there instead of their own app...
    Maybe they finally realize that blocking half the fandom community from your content isn't as profitable as it was advertised. If the word of mouth don't work, and/or warns against visiting their "fan community" cause of certain inabilities to provide access for everyone, I'd say posting more content in a "public" plaza is better for business.

Here you can find more pictures and nice descriptions of events at WonderCon by LAFurey (GateGabber) : https://www.gategab.com/
    I scanned through the blog a couple days ago... getting thoroughly agitated at the inevitable Command-can-do-no-wrong-and-is-the-holiest-than-thou-community (it's not) praise.

Edit:
    I shouldn't have gone back and scanned it a second time cause now I interpret this "superfan" thing as that it's only for those who've made a name for themselves -- well no... that's called serving a selfish interest, and it's clear from the amount of contact or lack thereof, that's exactly what their serving.

Ugh... I need a break.

That gate, by the way, is a joke. Although, that one dude dressed as a Jedi made the most epic photo with it. He would never have been able to do that with our gate cause people aren't allowed to touch the event horizon print as that would mean they were on the top steps and we can't guarantee their safety up there. There's a gap between the top platform and the event horizon print so should they fall, they could seriously hurt themselves.

I will be off now for a few days as I am going to travel home for Eastern and the funeral of my brother-in-law.
    I've already said it but no harm in repeating myself -- take care of yourself and sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; April 18th, 2019 at 03:45 PM.