Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

It looks like this thread is died like the patience and enthusiasm of the fans. Even the most loyal fans would move on and it is so sad.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Didn't expect anything else...

However, I'm trying to garner a feel of how many accounts there really are at Command.
    I thought I found a way, but I'm 1980 accounts or so in and noticed I'm still missing a bunch. For a while it looked like an easier task then I expected but the code of the website keeps screwing things up in that regard. It's a javascript mess -- pretty much the code imitating the franchise.

In any case, the accounts I have so far, are 95% of US origin. Are 90% of Airman rank and approx. 85% are all-access. There are barely any accounts from other countries outside of the 6, from which the UK is represented the most after the US, followed by Australia and New Zealand, and the Germany limping behind.

The Czech Republic and France are the most represented as far as international, but there are perhaps 10 to 15 accounts each for both countries.

They don't need to expand beyond the 6 countries, because there's simply nothing to expand to. Those who signed up in the beginning, hoping they were working on things, left and never came back. They are giving gifts to founding members but they should be giving them out to those they chased of with their "We're working on it"-BS.

They have the worst marketing in the history of marketing, and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of their selective ignoring too.

I agree with NickEast. They singlehandedly killed my love for Stargate and that makes it very hard at this point to even want to continue my rewatch or be involved in the fandom because they certainly don't make me feel part of it.

I think I'm going to pull back on Command time some more -- quietly disappear into the background. Should have left the first time I said I would. I am really a glutton for punishment, it seems.

Gateworld's another matter, altogether.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Even if there would be 500+ or 1000+ active fans, that is not enough for a new SG series. If they can not sell it internationally, then it is not worth of announcing it.

I understand your feelings, but this whole community will lose a lot if such fans like you will be muted forever. Stargate is still a unique scifi franchise, so don't judge it by this "official" platform...
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Even if there would be 500+ or 1000+ active fans, that is not enough for a new SG series. If they can not sell it internationally, then it is not worth of announcing it.

I understand your feelings, but this whole community will lose a lot if such fans like you will be muted forever. Stargate is still a unique scifi franchise, so don't judge it by this "official" platform...
    But it was not FH's choice to be muted, it was the official platform's choice to mute her, and that's the real problem, and you can only judge a thing by it's official position, or it's choice to ignore that position.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

I'll continue to post my daily -- well sorta daily -- reminders. I just had another fun idea for an image to add to the reminder. If I can find the time to photoshop a little later, then I'm having the most on point "waiting for international expansion"-image.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1