MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    BUT as I said, if it's only available to a select audience -- that would be my cue to pack up and say goodbye to MGM and Stargate.
    I said goodbye years ago. I'm still surprised it's being picked up at all.

Comment

What I wanted to say, I am just surprised that one of the biggest SG site hasn't put any news about the twitter campaign on its news site. What happened? I know Darrel became "half-official" crew member as he us making videos for the Stargate : Command website, but I still believe he should have promoted this campaign. Anyway it was successfull without the GateWorld too, just I don't understand the reasons. (Even the thread of episode 9 is still not opened...)

My enthusiasm for this franchise hasn't broke. Okay, maybe the flame of my innner fan boyness became a bit smaller in the last few years as I slowly started to lose hope that we can see SG again, but then Stargate : Origins fueled my enthusiasm again. I started to rewatch my favorite episodes or those ones what I couldn't remember. It is very rare that I can say I have fallen in love with the franchise again and again. You know when you got those goosebumps that "ohh this is so cool!!!". I am still not 100% satisfied as I am a bit more critic about character development or certain storylines, but most of it is still wonderful. Maybe I became a bit more "adult" or I have seen a few even better written scifi shows, but the main advantage of SG is still the exploration, the adventure, the mythology, the humor and the characters.

I really hope the SG can come back. A new MW based spinoff should explain the fate of SGC and Atlantis and obviously the current SG-1/Atlantis/Universe heroes as supportive characters while they have to introduce the new main characters, to establish new goals, new villains, new technologies for the new spinoff. 5-10 years have passed in real time, so that could influence the relationship of the known characters or change the status quo of the galaxy etc.

Maybe at first they should make just a short season like 6-8 episodes, where all of them are one main story or 2-4 two partners. And then if this new SG spinoff is successfull, then MGM could wide the Stargate further : a few SG-1 movies or Atlantis mini-series etc. while they can order the second season of the unnamed spinoff. There are so many possibilities for the scifi world.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Somebody wrote on Stargate : Command that today Christopher Judge will talk about the future of Stargate on a con. Is it true? I wish they could announce something as we have waited 2-3 weeks since the twitter campaign.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Somebody wrote on Stargate : Command that today Christopher Judge will talk about the future of Stargate on a con. Is it true? I wish they could announce something as we have waited 2-3 weeks since the twitter campaign.
          There's Wondercon in Anaheim starting today, and according to their schedule there will be a Stargate panel on 4pm local time (midnight CET, and 23:00 GMT)

Comment

Thanks, Anaheim is the place what I have heard as well. It is so exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              From what I just saw on twitter the only thing he talked about was BTS of Stargate SG-1, nothing about the possible future of Stargate.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you. It looks like my predictions were wrong. I was just wondering why would they announce it on a little con, but then Darrell's video has showed up on the main page, so I really expected that something will happen. I have even checked the news at night, because I was so excited. Never mind. We have waited 7+ years, so a few more weeks don't matter now.

Comment

Whomever's idea it was to call it a Re-Open the Stargate panel, knew it would draw in the needed crowd. What they probably didn't count on was that it would also disappoint that crowd, that they basically made up a title for what was basically a Q&A with Chris Judge.

I think it's best not to get your hopes up. MGM is probably in no way interested in doing anything else than more Origins, which costs them the least and pisses off the most fans.

Comment

Yes, I have seen the reactions on Stargate : Command how they fooled the fans. Not nice at all. You know I really believed that something will happen with the arrival of Origin, the twitter strom, the JM blog posts, so that was the main reason I have been a bit more active here. The universe is infinite, so hope can never die...

Comment

If they truly cared about Stargate, like they claim, they would have bothered with more marketing and/or access. They would be more forthcoming with information and they would have a clear vision about where Command goes after May 15. As far as information goes, though, they have been scarce. If they truly cared about the franchise, they would have pulled out all the stops -- they didn't. That's telling.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...ine-this-year/

This SGU:Icarus was a new information for me. I knew that RCC was rumored to be involved to write some SG:U comic stories. Maybe they cancelled it, because they ordered the Stargate : Origins, so Robert C. Cooper's ideas ccould be kept for a mini-series. I could imagine a "prequel" to Stargate : Universe instead of comics under the name of "Stargate : Icarus", so they could write an anthology style story around those characters (actors) who would willing to participitate in it. Maybe even some characters from SG-1 could be involved as well. I know I am still dreaming...

Comment

The reason for its cancellation, I might add, is probably because these comics have very low sale numbers. They aren't exactly profitable. Neither or the Atlantis ones.

I looked into the SGA ones but they are freakin' expensive to buy and ship if you want them as paperbacks and not digital.

Comment

Stargate Command is bleeding out... It's sooooooo boring over there.

The "Hub of all things Stargate" and "For the Fans" has become such a painful lie. But what do all-access members care. They hardly notice anyone missing cause they think everyone has access cause all they see are all-access tags. Everyone else has simply left the building.

I hate the place... and should really stop going there.
                            I am totally a glutton for punishment.

Comment

Unfortunately, the way Origins has been disappointingly kept under lock and key from most of the world for so long, even GateWorld activity has been slowing. Sometimes, it not only feels as if no one is listening to the fans, but that the gatekeepers are actively doing to opposite of what fans ask for, and that includes the tie-ins previously mentioned. Occam's Razor would suggest incompetence rather than malice, so I try to look at it as a case study, similar to what one might find in marketing textbook telling readers what to avoid and not get too upset, but I hate to see Stargate not in a more active state as it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                                Occam's Razor would suggest incompetence rather than malice, so I try to look at it as a case study, similar to what one might find in marketing textbook telling readers what to avoid and not get too upset, but I hate to see Stargate not in a more active state as it could be.
                                Fascinating enough, at least one of the people working behind the scenes of Command is very competent. Has years of experience working for various big companies like Fox, and others. So, there are capable people behind it, they just have to get the opportunity to work their magic. If MGM holds them back, then there's nothing they can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X