MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    We will. Just ignore the SG:C and stay here with us. Just because the leadership of the app is a joke, you can't give up the love and care for the SG franchise.
    Here -- like Gateworld, you mean... No, meant just the SG:C.

I have too much fun here. This is like my dysfunctional stargate family.
    Gateworld will always be home (for as long as it stays around, and when it goes... well, that will be a sad day).

Even though the love for the franchise is a bit on the low side at the moment -- in no greater part thanks to the SG:C and MGM. At least, they accomplished something there. Though fairly certain MGM's customer relations department leaves a whole lot to be desired. They have a funny way of showing that Stargate is one of their most priced franchises.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I believe as long as you don't sell it and you don't earn money with it, it is not against the law to put SG pictures on such items which are used for personal use. That is the reason I have said we can easily make our own t-shirt, pillow or whatever else.

Even though you can use things for art and personal use that you aren't selling, there are quite a few printers that won't print things with obviously copyrighted material, like logos and photos from shows... but there is a ton of murky grey area for sure.
        sigpic
        signature art by lunasera

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
          Even though you can use things for art and personal use that you aren't selling, there are quite a few printers that won't print things with obviously copyrighted material, like logos and photos from shows... but there is a ton of murky grey area for sure.
          It's remarkable how little online services care for such trivial matters. I have a T-shirt with a gate on that I had printed for a convention -- first time we set up our lifesize gate at a convention in Paris. I was the designated Gate Builder.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            It's remarkable how little online services care for such trivial matters. I have a T-shirt with a gate on that I had printed for a convention -- first time we set up our lifesize gate at a convention in Paris. I was the designated Gate Builder.
            Probably has something to do with their ToS. I guess its like making ''copies'' of a CD or movies, its alright as long as its for personal use, this is legally allowed (1 copy per individual, if you own the original).

It becomes serious when you use a specific logo to make money and the ''OP'' sees it and files a suit. Logos are pretty easy to defend in courts, as they are specific visual representation. It becomes tricky when its a song case or visual effect case. Copyrights are easily circumvented by changing a small aspect, so are patents for a simple products.

Most experienced business men will always advice never to file in for a patent until your final product is ready / unless you're 100% sure the product cannot be reproduced easily. You wouldn't file a patent for a key-holder, because I could simply change the rounded shape to a square one and call it mine.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Most big name printers and t-shirt shops have a list of patented/copyrighted stuff.

Comment

There is such a low activity on SG:C. Have I scarred everyone away? Or do they make the Christmas shopping? Only a few posts happen day by day.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

There is such a low activity on SG:C. Have I scarred everyone away? Or do they make the Christmas shopping? Only a few posts happen day by day.
                  If they were more inclusive, the activity would show it.

But as it stands right now, the message feed is just a boring (bar your posts) place and all that place is good for, is the streaming which bars everyone not in any of the 6 countries. Also, if they don't fix that message feed soon -- cause it's broken again -- they're not gonna have any "original gaters" left.

The whole thing is seriously getting on my nerves.

Comment

I need to go cold turkey...

Comment

I need to go cold turkey...
                      You started to talk like Vorlons.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

You started to talk like Vorlons.
                        What's a Vorlon?

Comment

An ancient race from Babylon 5....

Comment

An ancient race from Babylon 5....
                            Ah... never saw that show.

A Vogon, on the other hand, those I know about.

Comment

Ah... never saw that show.

Just. Watch. it.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I'll have to find the space to do that then... My show-schedule is pretty full, although a lot is going on hiatus.

Comment

Working...
                                X