No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ and that's why I believe in the power of Nivao. The positive to my negative.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
      But if there is any chance it can help, I'll take it.
      Remember your good Unas friend Chaka when you become famous!
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

Comment

Who?

Kiddin'

Hah, me being famous... that'll be the day... infamous at most. But famous? Hardly.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
            Who?

Kiddin'

Hah, me being famous... that'll be the day... infamous at most. But famous? Hardly.
            *Episodes end*
            Epilogue:
            ''This one is for Chaka, my dear scaly friend, whom supported me when everybody said I would never make it through''
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

If Nivao wins the superfan contest then we turn him into a Goa'uld. Deal. We win anyway.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

*Episodes end*
                Epilogue:
                ''This one is for Chaka, my dear scaly friend, whom supported me when everybody said I would never make it through''
                Okay, I definitely have one up over you there, cause I'm already mentioned in the end credits of a film, made by a friend of mine. It may have been a low budget film but there's nothing more awesome then seeing your name on that big black screen.

Comment

If we're doing bragging I've got a ship named after me in a book series and a thank you at the end of a different book.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    If we're doing bragging I've got a ship named after me in a book series and a thank you at the end of a different book.
                    Chaka is not going to be happy...

Comment

I am thinking that maybe I will participitate in the "contest" even if I am a stutterer, so even the idea makes me nervous, but I will try to give myself in the video. Honestly it doesn't matter for me if they hire me or not since I will support loyaly this franchise anyway as I have done it since 1998. Just I must state in the video, that I can not attend to cons because of my job, but I can still share my opinion in emails about anything SG related if they ask about. I feel if I don't participitate I will regret it that the big chance was there and I haven't grabbed the opportunity. On the other hand, I have a mixed opinion about SG:C, so even if I am a peaceful guy, I don't know how long could I hold back my opinion about the changes what fans demand. Anyone they choose I really hope they can help the communication between the actors - MGM - fans triangle as the PR really needs to be improved.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

They need to hire a communications officer (of sorts) a.s.a.p. -- a professional preferably. Someone who knows what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Okay, I definitely have one up over you there, cause I'm already mentioned in the end credits of a film, made by a friend of mine. It may have been a low budget film but there's nothing more awesome then seeing your name on that big black screen.
                          Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                          Pfff, okay you guys, hold your horses. I was on a TV show for about 5 seconds when I was six years old.

So, *clears throat*, yea.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I am thinking that maybe I will participitate in the "contest" even if I am a stutterer, so even the idea makes me nervous, but I will try to give myself in the video.
                          Platschu just...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Pfff, okay you guys, hold your horses. I was on a TV show for about 5 seconds when I was six years old.
                            Aw, look at us... closet famous.

Comment

Wow, long time no visit, and I come back to learn about this new initiative.

Are you kidding me?

They've had, what, nearly 2 years now since SGO was announced, have been working with Tongal for maybe 1 year, and the best they come up with is a $2500 prize budget to get 10 'superfans' to work for free?

If that doesn't tell you that they don't give a flying frak about this franchise, I really don't know what does.

It shows that there is no program management going on whatsoever -- probably a single very junior or intern within MGM is looking after Tongal and others, and finally scraped up enough time to give them a budget of....$2500 (!) to do something with?

It's super clear that what once was the third Sci Fi franchise behind ST and SW has fallen into obscurity. Between the crappy low budget SG:O and the truly awful comics they've delivered squat. What wasted potential.

And how about folks like Darren who has kept the flame alight all this time....are they going to ask him to submit a video for a chance of winning $250 and being one of the 'in' crowd? That's just turning the disrespect up to 11.

Comment

Either Blocksite is working or we haven't posted any links to command recently...

www.stargatecommand.co

-- it works. The block-message page is brilliant! Might click it a few more times to see that puppy.

Comment

Working...
                                X