MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...ma-livestream/

Hopefully he will say something about the 4th series on Saturday.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Hopefully he will say something about the 4th series on Saturday.
      He shouldn't -- getting people's hopes up, and then fall through.

Unless it's actually going to happen, he should definitely talk about it, but anything other than concrete plans of stuff in the works -- not talking with so it might happen some day -- that's in noone's best interest. It won't make the board more active.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That is how I feel. I doubt he would reveal anything as long as the fate of MGM/Epix is not decided. But it is a rare moment that he answers to any questions, so we will see he is willing to reveal.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...-in-the-works/

So he hasn't revealed too much information, but now it was confirmed by himself and not by JM.

Comment

I give a flying fig what is being said... there's always "something" in development or "in talks". The pandemic is just a convenient excuse at the moment.

IF it comes to fruitation and it actually airs** -- then I'll believe his words.

** Doesn't even have to be internationally available, which most isn't these days, or hidden on some random streaming service which means subscribing to n-different services to catch one show.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Let me throw some positivity in here. I'm really excited to hear that they're still continuing to talk about this.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Off.

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Transcripts

"This domain name has expired. If you are the registrant of this domain name, please contact your registration service provider to renew it."

Does anyone know who has had this website or if you could let them know? I really liked it for finding informations for my quiz questions in transcripts.

Comment

Ooohhhh. That's a hit to the heart.

They have a Twitter but looks like it's not been updated for a couple of years.

https://twitter.com/stargatesolns
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Oh no! That wiki has been invaluable as a reference for me, more so than the Stargate Wiki. If only we can get our hands on the wiki database, then I can restore it.

I tweeted them to see if they would respond... This certainly gives me a new incentive to restore my own wiki. If I can't get my hands on the wiki database, and if people are still interested, I wouldn't mind pooling together suggestions on how to restore something similar.

Here's my tweet if anyone wants to retweet it to get more awareness: https://twitter.com/NickEastNL/statu...585480194?s=20
                    Last edited by NickEast; 02 December 2020, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Much of it appears to be preserved on the Way Back Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/202010220...solutions.com/

Comment

Yeah, but that's just an archive and not a live website. It cannot be edited or updated. It could be "mined" manually, copying and pasting, but doing it one-by-one is not feasible. And I'd rather have a live wiki that can still be updated periodically.

Comment

You can easily download the source files to the most recent versions of their pages and host them elsewhere using third party software. I know someone who did that for a website I used to work on, and I believe this is what he used: https://github.com/hartator/wayback-machine-downloader

This way, at least, all of its information would be Googlable again. Copying everything into a new wiki so people can edit it would be a more involved process, but once you have it hosted somewhere, you could enlist your wiki's users to help.
                          Last edited by Xaeden; 02 December 2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Problem solved. It was an oversight by the person handling the domain registration. They replied to my tweet saying that they put in the renewal so it should be back up in a couple of days.

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                            You can easily download the source files to the most recent versions of their pages and host them elsewhere using third party software. I know someone who did that for a website I used to work on, and I believe this is what he used: https://github.com/hartator/wayback-machine-downloader

This way, at least, all of its information would be Googlable again. Copying everything into a new wiki so people can edit it would be a more involved process, but once you have it hosted somewhere, you could enlist your wiki's users to help.
                            The problem with that is that MediaWiki pages are generated, so downloading them would still keep them static making them as useful as the archive on Wayback. I'm only really interested in the wiki. It's also no possible from a static archived page to get the source text, which means formatting is lost. Getting the database backup means it can be restored 1:1 with everything intact. But that's not necessary anymore, thankfully.

Comment

It is working now. Thanks everybody for sorting it out so quickly. You are all amazing.

Comment

In other news: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...y-development/

(Read the article and the comments, the title is a bit click-baity)

A supposed "insider" apparently hinted at MGM (still) working on a reboot film (trilogy) based on the original 1994 film, but separate from the TV continuation reportedly being worked on by Brad Wright. It also implied that while this might be derived from the original reboot trilogy plans from Emmerich/Devlin, they would not be involved as Devlin previously stated they dropped out (mainly due to the failure of Independence Day Resurgence).

I for one do not believe this for a second. While I can believe Brad is working on a continuation of the TV franchise, I certainly do not believe MGM would spend even more money on doing a completely separate and unconnected project (a theatrical film no less). Especially in today's climate and MGM's status. This would be like Disney running Star Wars as both the old EU and the new Canon franchise concurrently, relatively speaking. I just don't see it happening (or that it would happen but fail miserably, the film either getting released and failing, or ending up in development hell (again), also affecting Brad's project).

Comment

Working...
                                X