Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
    It's gold, just gold.
    I LOL'd so hard when I read it on twitter...

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
    Well, on the bright side it appears all the new stuff like Dialing Home and such will finally be available worldwide on YouTube.
    YT also has geoblocking settings so I'll believe it when I see it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love the irony about the "mission"? What mission?! The one which are you working on it? (Alias how to find a server wholesaler to extend the service.)

This quoted Twitter entry clearly shows that they haven't learnt anything and they will never admit they have failed.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I love the irony about the "mission"? What mission?! The one which are you working on it?
        I swear, the line "we're working on it" will forever be connected with Stargate Command.

And the irony... they literally have nothing to show for it... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ....

Comment

Maybe it is a Halloween joke like a late 1st April. 7 months is nothing. It can happen with the same reaction speed how they delivered the promised patches.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            YT also has geoblocking settings so I'll believe it when I see it.
            Well, if it’s a problem I’m sure they’ll work on it.

Comment

"We’ve learned that while you’ve supported our platform and mission, you prefer to engage with the franchise and CLOSED OUT fans on communities where you already are: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. "

This would have sounded better. By the way just 2 more little observations:
              1. "learned" - you mean you disappointedly noticed in a sour taste of your mouth
              2. "where you already are" - basically everywhere else

Truly sad and ridicolous. When I hear the phrase that somebody is on a mission then I envision somebody who feeds the poor, solve the climate problems, discover medicines, defeat an enemy. But not the SG:C. Their mission was clearer than the path of Destiny : give Stargate to everyone who is willing to pay for it. Then it hasn't happened.

Comment

Maybe it is a Halloween joke like a late 1st April. 7 months is nothing. It can happen with the same reaction speed how they delivered the promised patches.
                There's a slight delay...

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                Well, if it’s a problem I’m sure they’ll work on it.

This will never not be funny.

Also, the Gateworld article speaks of 75,000 subscribers and they are shutting the platform down because you know, those numbers aren't cutting it.

Stargate Command has 61,000 followers on twitter, of which a good portion are bots.
                The YouTube Channel currently has 75,900 subscribers (also includes bots)
                294,000 likes, of which 281,000 are followers on Facebook.
                And 28,000 followers on Instagram.

They'll have to close their Twitter and Instagram too, considering how it's lagging behind...

Comment

The thread has became dead really quickly.

I have rea-read a few pages and I have realised we have talked a lot! It is good to see the conversations in the events of the app. Hope about announcement at diffrent cins, then disapoointment, hope again, even more disappointment. We have all predicted how this Amok run will end, so it wasn't a surprise they will be closed down, the question was when.

Now as the extreme short grief period about the app has ended, what are we going to do? Have we got any options? Just because I was wondering whether a fan film or any project could move things ahead. We can't count on MGM at the moment, so maybe it would be time to do something SG related by ourselves. There are so many talented people here. A comic? An animation? A computer game? A live action short fan film? Even the French fans have got their precious new gate replica now, but I am guessing it is too heavy and too expensive instead of using some CGI gate. Let's brainstorm something!

Comment

The thread has became dead really quickly.

I have rea-read a few pages and I have realised we have talked a lot! It is good to see the conversations in the events of the app. Hope about announcement at diffrent cins, then disapoointment, hope again, even more disappointment. We have all predicted how this Amok run will end, so it wasn't a surprise they will be closed down, the question was when.

Now as the extreme short grief period about the app has ended, what are we going to do? Have we got any options? Just because I was wondering whether a fan film or any project could move things ahead. We can't count on MGM at the moment, so maybe it would be time to do something SG related by ourselves. There are so many talented people here. A comic? An animation? A computer game? A live action short fan film? Even the French fans have got their precious new gate replica now, but I am guessing it is too heavy and too expensive instead of using some CGI gate. Let's brainstorm something!
                    What I wanted to do was play and record my (solo) TTRPG sessions in episodic form. I also planned to, instead of making another Wiki, create "lore videos", kind of like the instructional videos with Daniel Jackson. All told from an in-universe perspective, and all canon (so no fan theories and the like, for now). I came up with this because I wanted to get more into recording, voice acting, and presenting.

It's going slow, due to a few reasons, but I'm hoping to be able to do this in a short enough time span.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...rn-inevitable/

Nobody has linked it here. 9pm in the USA, so Europe should be awake at 2am or 3am. Well done, Joe!
                      : makes a nice rescue Jack emoticon :

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...rn-inevitable/

Nobody has linked it here. 9pm in the USA, so Europe should be awake at 2am or 3am. Well done, Joe!
                        : makes a nice rescue Jack emoticon :
                        Yes, Elite Anubis Guard created a thread in general --> Superdrive Tweetstorm

I'm not awake at 3am. I have class on Saturday morning.

Comment

Silly me, I haven't looked around in the other folder.

Comment

Should we have a "Goodbye Command Party" at the end of December?

"We bid you a not-so-fond farewell and hope to never see you again" -- kind of thing...

Post our fondest memories and reminisce on all the hard work; which -- ass-kissing stargate command groupies don't like you to say ** -- yielded to absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, zero in terms of inclusion/expansion.

** Why yes I blocked another one on twitter. It has been a while since that happened.
                            Thought I wouldn't notice they hid my comment from public view, but that handy new twitter feature comes with a notification.

Anywho... It could also just be a memorial service for the end of an era. The official end of Stargate as a franchise is up in the air, but considering nothing has been moving forward or backward, it's time to move on.

I have a rewatch to finish after all...

Comment

You'll never finish
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                You'll never finish
                                You watch me... I ain't dead yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X