No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeGotThisCovered (and GiantFreakingRobot) are notorious bull$**** websites that have been the plague of geek fandoms for a while, but a lot of people still don't realise post made-up crap. If you see anything to do with them, don't even click the link. Don't give them the ad revenue, or the follow-through click stat, and don't share them. Just ignore them. Absolute disgrace of a website.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Plus Brad Wright certanly wouldn't just forget about what went on in the three spin-offs he's worked on. Double-plus: he already stated that "it is a CONTINUATION and NOT A REBOOT". Unless he's agreed to finish up what came before and then porceed to do something entirely new. Now THAT I could understand and accept.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
        Plus Brad Wright certanly wouldn't just forget about what went on in the three spin-offs he's worked on. Double-plus: he already stated that "it is a CONTINUATION and NOT A REBOOT". Unless he's agreed to finish up what came before and then porceed to do something entirely new. Now THAT I could understand and accept.
        As stated, it would be a separate project not connected to whatever Brad is doing, which is why it's such a stupid and inconceivable notion. It would be comparable to the reboot trilogy originally planned by Emmerich/Devlin, but without either of them or Brad.

But the point is moot as it's just totally inconceivable for MGM to do.

Comment

The point is moot because it came from WeGotThisCovered. Seriously, don't even click their links. Don't give their content any actual room in your memory.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            The point is moot because it came from WeGotThisCovered. Seriously, don't even click their links. Don't give their content any actual room in your memory.
            To be fair, someone telling me not to read or do something is just as bad. It may very well be a terrible site, but that's on me to decide. I don't trust the report, but I have too little experience with the entire site to make a fair judgment about the whole site, and I don't care enough to look around for other people's opinions to make a fair judgment as I only cared about that one topic. I just found that piece, I shared it to inform others because I think that's fair, explained my opinion and judgment, and that's it.

There's a lot of stuff in my memory that I'd rather not have known, but it's a necessary evil to make sure I can make judgments as fair as possible, and opinions as informed as possible. That for one is the only reason I watched through the whole of SGU S1 and as many episodes of Star Trek Discovery and Battlestar Galactica as I could handle.

Comment

The forum is still alive. Yay. At first I had a de ja vu after the Stargate : Command app transfer "event" that we have lost our conversations, but then I have seen the forum upgrade message.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...te-disney.html

Will Disney buy the MGM after the Fox? I know it is just a gossip, but I don't know if we should be happy or sad. It would feel weird that Stargate should grow in the shadow of Star Wars on Star or Disney+. If they buy the MGM then maybe they will never order a new Stargate show.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

As I mentioned earlier GiantFreakingRobot are not reliable either. I wouldn't put any stock in that at all. They just make stuff up.

But for the sake of conversation, Star Wars has does Disney really well. They know the value of a good Star franchise. But would they want two on the go? I struggle to think so.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was thinking the same that as long as GateWorld or any other trustable website won't share this news then it should be treated clickbait gossip.

Comment

Well, whoever buys MGM also gets to decide wather we get a new SG series or not. We just have to be very patient and wait for 1) what happens and 2) if anyone actually gets to chance to do something about and with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        I was thinking the same that as long as GateWorld or any other trustable website won't share this news then it should be treated clickbait gossip.
                        Yes, the reports on WeGotThisCovered and GiantFreakingRobot are trash.

The source is a self-proclaimed "insider" who shares his insights behind a Patreon paywall.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

(general observation of economics)

I don't know how monopoly laws work in the USA, but Disney currently owns 30% of Hollywood -- after buying most of 21th Century Fox. If they have more than 5 billion to spare to also acquire MGM (which they probably have) then it would probably add another 10 to 15 percent to the pie, which would put them really close to owning half of Hollywood, which might be considered unfair competition to the other big studios.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I believe artistic competition was always fruitfull in the movie industry. What will happen in the future when they are going to match themselves? I know they hired so many creative people, but what if somebody wants to try something different in tone and message to the audience?

I know that the Marvel and StarWars brands are blooming now on Disney+, but is there space for a new Stargate spinoff? It would be a bit awkward next to a dozen SW shows. I am just worried that the Stargate brand will be put on hold as part of their library.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                              I'm not sure about MGM and Netflix though. Because the 1994 film was on Netflix (here in NL) for only a short time, and I think Atlantis was on there a few years back when I first got Netflix, but very, very quickly disappeared.
                              Form my understanding of Netflix don't they only pay for set terms on the righst to play any show? If that is the case I would imagine they were testing the water for more longterm showcasing of it. Wouldent mean that negotiations with MGM would be off the table?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...te-disney.html

Will Disney buy the MGM after the Fox? I know it is just a gossip, but I don't know if we should be happy or sad. It would feel weird that Stargate should grow in the shadow of Star Wars on Star or Disney+. If they buy the MGM then maybe they will never order a new Stargate show.
                                Even despite the untrustworthy sources, Fox had something valuable for Disney. An entire catalog, and several studios. They also had certain properties that once belonged to Disney (or, specifically, Marvel, with the X-Men and Fantastic Four) that they wanted back. MGM, however, is rather worthless to them except for James Bond and one or two other IPs. Stargate is small fry for Disney, so they would have to have other reasons to acquire MGM and then it's far more likely they would ignore Stargate. On top of that, if they would work on Stargate, chances are they'd go the Star Wars route and start over in their own way. Too many unknowns and what-ifs.

Although... Stargate, The Simpsons, The Wizard of Oz, and Star Wars, all in one package, that's an opportunity. LEGO Dimensions was a wasted opportunity for Warner Bros. in that regard.

Comment

Working...
                                X