Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 276774757677
Results 1,521 to 1,539 of 1539

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Rejoice, stargate command's bribery patch has finally found its way to its 6-country recipients and they are posting about it on twitter now... (makes it easy who to block -- sorry, made unavailable in my area)

At least, the forums can't get swamped with posts rejoicing in that little display of "I fell for the bribery and got another year's worth of all-access with no new material but it's stargate and I'm supporting the franchise"..
    The Asgard Faction discussion already has a couple of them showing it off.
    I’m sure all the factions are doing the same.

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Quote Originally Posted by NickEast View Post
    There was a study in Canada and Australia about whether staring at a computer screen for hours on end would eventually cause depression. They proved that above-average gaming does not cause depression, but that the use of social media did.

I just proved that to myself since last night on Twitter...
    From personal experience, gaming usually gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment. Social media on the other hand does it's perpetual best to try and disprove my belief that people are generally nice and sensitive and intelligent.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

There was a study in Canada and Australia about whether staring at a computer screen for hours on end would eventually cause depression. They proved that above-average gaming does not cause depression, but that the use of social media did.

I just proved that to myself since last night on Twitter...
    I don't need a study for that... ..I've always known.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    Ah, so you're an Asgard. I got flung in with the Tau'ri (which is probably a massive group by now).

And you're right... I forgot about the faction "chats".

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    From personal experience, gaming usually gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment. Social media on the other hand does it's perpetual best to try and disprove my belief that people are generally nice and sensitive and intelligent.
    To the point.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    I just checked. For the biggest faction, the Tau'ri are rather silent. The last post was 5 days ago.

I just checked. For the biggest faction, the Tau'ri are rather silent. The last post was 5 days ago.
    Woops...

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Time to give the website a new look and slap some more quizzies on that bad-boi!

Then ask for a 20$ renewal
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

They haven't fixed Gatecast yet...

I'm already looking forward to what they'll promise for year three. My money is on a hat or something, or maybe another T-shirt that says: "We're working on it!"

Anyone heard anything from any of the superfans... they are remarkably quiet, if you ask me.

I don't get why people would go up and defend MGM. It doesn't matter if people know how "Hollywood" works (funny, since Stargate is Canadian by origin), they over-hyped "Stargate is back" and under-delivered, made promises they didn't, or barely, kept, and are otherwise staying completely silent.

And after 3 1/2 months since the SuperFan contest, they still haven't contacted me. What am I supposed to believe? That everything is going to be fine? A very old and over-used meme comes to mind right now.

And after 3 1/2 months since the SuperFan contest, they still haven't contacted me. What am I supposed to believe? That everything is going to be fine? A very old and over-used meme comes to mind right now.
    This?

or this

Legacy- quality memes for you right there
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    This?

or this

Legacy- quality memes for you right there
    Yes

I don't get why people would go up and defend MGM. It doesn't matter if people know how "Hollywood" works (funny, since Stargate is Canadian by origin), they over-hyped "Stargate is back" and under-delivered, made promises they didn't, or barely, kept, and are otherwise staying completely silent.
    They most certainly overhyped... like way overhyped and then weren't able to deliver on the hype.

Probably miscalculated on a whole.

Seriously...

As if public relations wasn't bad enough already.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Of course, so is MGM/Stargate Command. Hell, I don't even know what-is-what and who-is-who anymore. What is "Stargate Command"? Who are the people behind it? Who do they work for? How is MGM involved behind-the-scenes? Who are organizing the and/or participating in the panels at conferences?

The very weird and ironic thing is, I want to stay involved with Stargate and the fandom, but the only things I can come up with are complaining or asking about progress. I have no idea what else I can do, besides the very ambitious but probably unrealistic or unwanted ideas for the wiki, a video game, or comics. Or by talking about those ideas, which is what I'm doing now and probably too much

I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
    Not broken, must have let it on repeat... I know mine's a bit wonky at times -- sticks on repeat a whole lot sometimes.

Of course, so is MGM/Stargate Command.
    That's because they have a patent on it --> "working on it" (c) MGM/Stargate Command

Hell, I don't even know what-is-what and who-is-who anymore.
    The big question you gotta wonder about...

What is "Stargate Command"?
    From the FAQ:
    Stargate Command is the official destination and community for all things STARGATE, including a variety of STARGATE content from the franchise’s nearly 25-year history. Visitors can read news, engage with content, get a behind-the-scenes look at the Stargate Origins production, and more.

Note: I googled so technically didn't break my no-going-back-rule.

Who are the people behind it?
    I know there's Kieran Dickson (or whatever his last name is). Jenny Stiven. That dude that worked for Gateworld once and then decided to cross to the dark side... not Darren... the other dude -- David something? ... David Read (I just remembered)

Who do they work for?
    They work as independent consultants for MGM -- at least Jenny does (linkedIn profile).

And here's Kieran's LinkedIn profile -- he's actually employed by MGM according to his profile.

How is MGM involved behind-the-scenes?
    Kieran's the only direct MGM connection. They probably only pay the bills for the website/app hosting and probably need to be kept in the loop to sign off on things. No clue really... just guessing.

Who are organizing the and/or participating in the panels at conferences?
    Surprising that's neither Command or MGM, but Legion M.

They are the driving force behind the booths (always sharing with Command) and the extra-curricular events are generally always organized by Legion M. In fact, you have to be a member to get access to the events now at SDCC -- they do have a free membership tier which means you don't have to buy your way into their group (that'll give you first choice though).

No member, no access to the limited access events.

Cal Mah in the UK is proud to work with Stargate Command/Legion M, and when I pointed out how they are still limiting access to all but 6 countries I got the "yeah but they are working hard on it" bull**** explanation.

I've probably been blacklisted now -- they're too expensive anyways to even consider as a potention event.

The very weird and ironic thing is, I want to stay involved with Stargate and the fandom, but the only things I can come up with are complaining or asking about progress. I have no idea what else I can do, besides the very ambitious but probably unrealistic or unwanted ideas for the wiki, a video game, or comics. Or by talking about those ideas, which is what I'm doing now and probably too much
    I suggest you do what you do, and stay as far away from anything even remotely connected to Command.

They are quite good at ignoring you if you complain too much, and most don't care anyway. As long as they get their precious founding member's patch, they'll continue to pay for that toxic place and defend it till it all comes crashing down, and long after that.

If the French fans are to be believed, the superfans had to sign an NDA agreement, so you won't find them standing up for the community if it doesn't fit in with Stargate Command "community" feel. They'll just spout the same bull**** their masters tell them to spout.

And considering most are total strangers to the community they supposedly represent, they are probably just in it for personal gain.

^ Funnily enough, this is basically what I expected.

I would trust that if MGM themselves really want Stargate to return and bigger than ever, they would involve themselves a lot more with Stargate Command and the community rather than staying on the side lines.

It doesn't matter whether they really are working on something, we the fans only get to see what they want us to see and they don't show us anything. So what are we supposed to think?

Add to that the fact that the new site is even more restrictive than the old one, and what other conclusion can we make than that MGM doesn't care? Okay, I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.

I also discovered the SGC site is directly linking to the Fandom wiki... not that I truly care about my Wiki somehow becoming an "official" wiki (ego much ). But this does clarify some things. I actually think they used the Fandom wiki, mess and all, to write Origins. That would explain the discrepancies with the Nazis.

I also discovered the SGC site is directly linking to the Fandom wiki... not that I truly care about my Wiki somehow becoming an "official" wiki (ego much ). But this does clarify some things. I actually think they used the Fandom wiki, mess and all, to write Origins. That would explain the discrepancies with the Nazis.
    I saw that when I googled for the faq. Though I thought my eyes were just mixing up two links. Apparently I wasn't then.

The difference between that wiki and yours... yours will be better because you won't allow a single detail to escape your stargate-eye. It's all in the details my friend, all in the details.

Founders Patch arrived in an small envelope. Came from LMGCO, LLC in Costa Mesa, CA. No clue who are the new makers.
    Star Trek: The Original Series is and always shall be my favorite Star Trek television series

That's a lot of letters...

I think I've found the company the letters belong to: Lescher Marketing Group

They have an in-house design team so I reckon they made the design, and ordered the prints.

But hey, they are just in time .... to entice everyone to re-up ... oh wait, no... "founding members" already have 3 more extra months before they'll be asked to pay again, or get billed automatically for another year.

I've blocked 3 'founding members' on twitter so far. I promise I won't block you too.

Yikes... just scrolled past a reply from Mark Haynes, one of the folks who worked on the American Mytho comics:

If you've ever wondered why there aren't more #stargate products or why every other sci-fi franchise is being revived besides STARGATE, look no further then @MGM_Studios. There are creators lined up around the block to do it, the studio is just impossible to work with.
    I guess we're not the only peeps who've noticed...