No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I won't destroy it. I am still greatly disappointed and annoyed, but I would never do such things.

Any news from San Diego? SG:A panel was on Thursday, but there is nothing about it. Pfff. Or probably it will be all AAP as you have predicted.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Any news from San Diego? SG:A panel was on Thursday, but there is nothing about it. Pfff. Or probably it will be all AAP as you have predicted.
      What sort of news are you expecting to hear?

From what I can tell, they had a table read of the Extinction script. Joe Mallozzi mentioned that they were going to bring Elizabeth Weir back had season 6 of Atlantis happened (after a decade that's just closer to "whatever dude" than to "aw, too bad we didn't get a season 6). There was a party, which apparently birthed the hashtag #OnlyStargateCoolKids, which is a rather unfortunate tag considering you could only enter if you were a member of Legion M and Stargate Command...

Jenny tried to safe face by saying on twitter that all stargate fans were cool... ...mmm, yeah right.

Beyond that, I have no idea. Haven't been paying attention enough. There was the much more anticipated Agents of SHIELD panel, and Farscape so who cares about Stargate.

I don't think you'll have to expect that video to show up any time soon. I suspect if it happens, it'll be at least another week or two... or maybe longer.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I know. That is what I have expected. We are flooded with SDCC infos and trailers, while Stargate is simply not in the same league. They are living in the past.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I know. That is what I have expected. We are flooded with SDCC infos and trailers, while Stargate is simply not in the same league. They are living in the past.
          Basically, Stargate is nothing more than an SDCC footnote if you see what's happening with everything else. A note in the sideline.

Comment

There were some great celebrations and announcements at SDCC, as usual.

But where was Stargate? One tiny panel "celebrating" 15 years of Stargate Atlantis. It was less than a footnote. Did they need to make a massive announcement that Stargate is getting a big new franchise with films and series like Marvel? No, of course not. But there was nothing. Not a peep, not even on social media other than the usual "it's so awesome" tweets. Just the same old crap as last times Stargate was at any convention. Actually, even less, considering I didn't hear them even say "we're working on it". Of course, there was no one there who had to ask questions that would get those answers, because everyone there were already on their side.

But they also didn't mention anything else about other plans, like non-TV merchandise such as the RPG. So what's the point of going to a convention, let alone SDCC, if there's nothing worthwhile to mention? Celebrating an anniversary can be done anywhere. Even the 50th anniversary of Thunderbirds was bigger than this. Hell, they even released new episodes with puppets based on the original series, not to mention the reboot and a board game

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
              But they also didn't mention anything else about other plans, like non-TV merchandise such as the RPG. So what's the point of going to a convention, let alone SDCC, if there's nothing worthwhile to mention? Celebrating an anniversary can be done anywhere. Even the 50th anniversary of Thunderbirds was bigger than this. Hell, they even released new episodes with puppets based on the original series, not to mention the reboot and a board game
              True dat.

MGM's vision for Stargate is seriously lacking and it's becoming painfully obvious too.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I don't think you'll have to expect that video to show up any time soon. I suspect if it happens, it'll be at least another week or two... or maybe longer.
                Guess was I was right... It's been a week and there's no video.

Hey Platschu, heard anything from Sommer lately?

Comment

Guess was I was right... It's been a week and there's no video.

Hey Platschu, heard anything from Sommer lately?
                  Indeed. Just two "features" about top 7 combat scenes. That's it. No mention whatsoever about Comic Con, not even in the faction discussion (maybe one or two off-hand mentions about being there and afterwards how great it was, but no discussion).

Comment

The internet could be buzzing if they bothered... but they simply can't be bothered, I guess.

RE: the video

Pending approval, the video might be posted next week -- for everyone to see.
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 26 July 2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I am back. I have been on holiday in Hungary. I haven't heard from Somner. I have seen some personal non-SG related photos on FaceBook, so I am guessing she is also on holiday.

It is so sad to see that nothing is happening with the Stargate brand in this vegetative / coma state. And it breaks my heart again and again as it feels all our effort, hope, enthusiasm - basically fanism - were wasted on the wrong goal. And even GW reminds me the wasted potential of the Stargate brand as it could have been a successful scifi name in the right hands. We have talked about it many times that this franchise don't deserve us as other brands and franchises offer much better fan experience.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 27 July 2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Despite the lack of stargate buzz -- have you noticed all the new members recently joining Gateworld?

Lots of newbies these last few weeks.

Comment

Despite the lack of stargate buzz -- have you noticed all the new members recently joining Gateworld?

Lots of newbies these last few weeks.
                          Alas, its not about how many join....it about how many stay....and with the current state of the franchise....
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                            Alas, its not about how many join....it about how many stay....and with the current state of the franchise....
                            True... but even if there's a small uptick, I'll take it.

Hey, at least over here you can open new threads freely and talk to your heart's content. I know a place where that ain't possible.

Comment

True... but even if there's a small uptick, I'll take it.

Hey, at least over here you can open new threads freely and talk to your heart's content. I know a place where that ain't possible.
                              *Cough* Stargate Command *Cough*
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                                *Cough* Stargate Command *Cough*
                                You didn't hear that from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X