Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...ine-this-year/

This SGU:Icarus was a new information for me. I knew that RCC was rumored to be involved to write some SG:U comic stories. Maybe they cancelled it, because they ordered the Stargate : Origins, so Robert C. Cooper's ideas ccould be kept for a mini-series. I could imagine a "prequel" to Stargate : Universe instead of comics under the name of "Stargate : Icarus", so they could write an anthology style story around those characters (actors) who would willing to participitate in it. Maybe even some characters from SG-1 could be involved as well. I know I am still dreaming...
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

The reason for its cancellation, I might add, is probably because these comics have very low sale numbers. They aren't exactly profitable. Neither or the Atlantis ones.

I looked into the SGA ones but they are freakin' expensive to buy and ship if you want them as paperbacks and not digital.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Stargate Command is bleeding out... It's sooooooo boring over there.

The "Hub of all things Stargate" and "For the Fans" has become such a painful lie. But what do all-access members care. They hardly notice anyone missing cause they think everyone has access cause all they see are all-access tags. Everyone else has simply left the building.

I hate the place... and should really stop going there.
    I am totally a glutton for punishment.

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Unfortunately, the way Origins has been disappointingly kept under lock and key from most of the world for so long, even GateWorld activity has been slowing. Sometimes, it not only feels as if no one is listening to the fans, but that the gatekeepers are actively doing to opposite of what fans ask for, and that includes the tie-ins previously mentioned. Occam's Razor would suggest incompetence rather than malice, so I try to look at it as a case study, similar to what one might find in marketing textbook telling readers what to avoid and not get too upset, but I hate to see Stargate not in a more active state as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTech View Post
    Occam's Razor would suggest incompetence rather than malice, so I try to look at it as a case study, similar to what one might find in marketing textbook telling readers what to avoid and not get too upset, but I hate to see Stargate not in a more active state as it could be.
    Fascinating enough, at least one of the people working behind the scenes of Command is very competent. Has years of experience working for various big companies like Fox, and others. So, there are capable people behind it, they just have to get the opportunity to work their magic. If MGM holds them back, then there's nothing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If MGM holds them back, then there's nothing they can do.
    I was just reading MGM's history, that they were the last studio to convert to sound pictures. That is telling right there.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTech View Post
    I was just reading MGM's history, that they were the last studio to convert to sound pictures. That is telling right there.

Well, I guess you could say they like to play it safe before going along with the times, therefore always a few steps behind the competition.

So... Any news? It is so disappointing after raising a false hope of spinoff chances. Basically they crushed my heart again and again. Hopefully we will know more after May 15th.

My question to MGM : "Now, tell me, my sweet, if your plan going as well as you expected?"
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    So... Any news? It is so disappointing after raising a false hope of spinoff chances. Basically they crushed my heart again and again. Hopefully we will know more after May 15th.
    May 15 is only about Stargate Command's future, which they ensure me they are working on... -- yeah, they are still working on it.

As far as MGM goes, I don't expect any more Stargate. I'm rather certain they just did this thing for the 20th anniversary or whatever, and needed something to test a digital channel with. James Bond is too big for small-scale testing so Stargate got the digital treatment probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    May 15 is only about Stargate Command's future, which they ensure me they are working on... -- yeah, they are still working on it.

As far as MGM goes, I don't expect any more Stargate. I'm rather certain they just did this thing for the 20th anniversary or whatever, and needed something to test a digital channel with. James Bond is too big for small-scale testing so Stargate got the digital treatment probably.
    If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.
    Correction -- what applies here is the following, and be sure that I have learned my lesson the hard way (again):

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, you wouldn't have burned your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Star Trek : Candle lighting is futile.
    Star Wars : Join to the Dark Side!
    Matrix : There is no candle.
    Babylon 5 : We lit for the one, we dark for the one.
    FarScape : Frell your fire.
    Game of Thrones : If you immediately know the candlelight is wildfire, then you win or you die.
    BattleStarGalactica : The candle has a plan.
    West World : This candle doesn't look like anything to me.
    Last edited by Platschu; May 2nd, 2018 at 02:18 PM.

Star Trek : Candle lighting is futile.
    Star Wars : Join to the Dark Side!
    Matrix : There is no candle.
    Babylon 5 : We lit for the one, we dark for the one.
    Game of Thrones : If you immediately know the candlelight is wildfire, then you win or you die.
    BattleStarGalactica : The candle has a plan.
    West World : This candle doesn't look like anything to me.

Sorry. I had such a tiring day that I couldn't resist for some improvisation.

Harry Potter: Lumos maximus ante ascensionem!
    Once upon a time : Every candle comes with a price.
    Marvel : Matches, assemble!
    Lost in space : Danger, candle!
    Star Trek - Discovery : Remain candle.
    LOST : This is my candle! Don’t tell me what I can’t lit!
    Hobbits : I am fire, I don't need a candle.
    LOTR : If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then it is Amon din.
    Altered Carbon : You don't deserve to have a candle.
    Titanic : Captain, candles right ahead!
    Terminator : Hastala vista, candle!
    Jurassic Park : When candles ruled the Earth.

Okay, I should go to my bed now...

That might be best but I found your post rather delighting

I do not see a very bright future for SG even if there is more to come maybe, not if they feel content about how SG:O was received, at least

LOL! I want my frelling fair share of candles!

OH my goddess -- these are brilliant!

My favorite, the Titanic one... They melted in the night...

Okay, some of them were a bit rushed or not that clever, but thanks, gaters. The Farscape one could have been : "Candles don't matter." or "your candle and your timing." or "Candles are superior". I miss that show too.

sense8 : Candles like art, must always be free.
    Toy Story : So long, candle.
    Inside Out : Take her candle to the Moon for me, okay?
    Xena : Your candle was the best thing in my life.
    Inception : You are waiting for a candle.
    Back to the future : Where we're going we don't need candles.
    Lion King : Can you feel the candlelight tonight?
    Skyrim : Place you fancy candle some place else.
    StarCraft : My life for a candle.
    Mass Effect : Had to be my candle. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.
    24 : Who are you lighting for?
    Spartacus : What would you do to hold your candle again?
    Merlin (1998) : I think I have one last candle.

Okay, I will stop it now. I hope you get all the references.
    Last edited by Platschu; May 3rd, 2018 at 11:12 PM.

Can you feel the candle----light tonight?

Yeah, that can't be unheard.

Skyrim : Place you fancy candle some place else.
    StarCraft : My life for a candle.
    I would go with :

Skyrim : I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a candle to the knee.
    StarCraft : We need to construct, additional Candles.

And while I'm at it add:

Diablo II: Not enough Candles! Not enough Candles! Not En.. *Potion up*