No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the words of another hero from a franchise I enjoy a lot more now: "You've failed this [franchise]!".

And the general paraphrased remark given by a certain race in yet another franchise I now love a lot more: "What they're doing is highly illogical".

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
      In the words of another hero from a franchise I enjoy a lot more now: "You've failed this [franchise]!".
      Pretty much how I heard it in my head when I wrote it too.

And the general paraphrased remark given by a certain race in yet another franchise I now love a lot more: "What they're doing is highly illogical".
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Guess what! My SGC patch has arrived. It feels like a late birthday gift after almost a year of waiting.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Still waiting for all-access after 2 years of promises, promises, promises, promises, promises, promises, ...

Anywho, I'm beginning to think that whole table-read video is fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Anywho, I'm beginning to think that whole table-read video is fake news.
            Apparently still being reviewed... I guess, we won't be seeing that until next year or so.

Comment

I have felt a bit nostalgic (and bored), so I have searched my own cybername on Stargate Command. and guess what, I am mentioned in an article!

https://www.stargatecommand.co/artic...-stargate-fans

You’ve probably seen me lurking in the forum and comments sections with my handle ‘JaffaCakes,’ and while I might not comment too often, rest assured that I and the rest of the SGC team thoroughly enjoy seeing our community flourish. Platschu’s Travel quizzes are a regular source of humbling enjoyment, SuperMom’s frequent dives into the archives of Behind the Scenes imagery never fail to make us smile, and Jack_0Neill_Team_SG1 diligently serves as the community’s unofficial news source, scouring blogs and fan sites for the latest tidbits. There are so many personalities in our community, and I want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for making it such a wholesome and welcoming environment for Stargate fans of all ages, backgrounds, and knowledge levels."

But it is also dated for 26th March 2019, so probably they have transfered this article after the launch...
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

No mention of the annoying Lemming anywhere -- I'm offended.

Anywho... you deserve the recognition.

Comment

I wonder how he feels about killing the community he enjoyed so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                    I wonder how he feels about killing the community he enjoyed so much.
                    May have to suggest a follow-up article...

I doubt he'll find many of the same people posting those things they enjoyed so much.
                    Oh wait... that's no longer possible...

Or is it?
                    I haven't been back since... err... ju...ne...somewhere...

Comment

The newest “controlled discussion” thread they posted was about the SDCC.
                      Members rarely post in the Asgard discussion, I don’t know about the other factions.

I still don’t see the promised “suggestions” thread. Unless that’s an All Access Pass thing.
                      They really did kill the community over there.

Comment

The newest “controlled discussion” thread they posted was about the SDCC.
                        Members rarely post in the Asgard discussion, I don’t know about the other factions.
                        Probably the same, or perhaps the "Tau'ri" are more active since they are probably still the largest faction around.

I still don’t see the promised “suggestions” thread. Unless that’s an All Access Pass thing.
                        Probably "working on it"....

Oh, they most certainly did.

Maybe someone at the "Cal Mah" gathering in the UK this weekend can ask them about it considering FCD Events actively works in collusion with the damned place and all -- guests of honor. A betrayal to the larger fan community but what do they care, the UK is after all a member of the elite group of AAP.

Wonder how they'll fare when Brexit comes around eventually.

LFCC already cancelled their winter edition because of it.

Comment

I doubt anyone at Cal Mah remembered there are actually stargate fans who have no access to the place cause I haven't seen anyone mention it -- just hight praise for a crappy (as in bad connection) call-in from Jenny, I think. No idea what "grand plans" were revealed. (FCD is blocked and the whole thing was muted over the weekend, including all those who were attending)

There literally is no cohesion left in the fandom ... if there ever was any, in a manner of speaking.

Anywho...

...still no SDCC video to speak of. I guess they didn't actually film anything and are just yanking everyone's chain again.

Stargate fans are like Teyla and/or Ronon -- pretty to look at but only good to hold up walls in the background and treated like the lowest life form on the planet... cockroaches or amoebe, not sure which yet.

Comment

Well, I'm fully hooked into Star Trek: Deep Space Nine now that the Dominion War is in full swing and I've seen a couple of really awesome space battles, which in my opinion outshine any space battle in the Star Wars movies (yes, I said that).

I think after watching Trek for so long, I can finally officially say that I'm a Trekkie. I have to thank Netflix for putting the series on it, CBS for making the deal, and of course last but certainly not least MGM for giving me a reason to switch over in the first place...

Comment

I think after watching Trek for so long, I can finally officially say that I'm a Trekkie. I have to thank Netflix for putting the series on it, CBS for making the deal, and of course last but certainly not least MGM for giving me a reason to switch over in the first place...
                              You just presented MGM with the Raspberry Award for Dumbest Business Plan EVAH!
                              Or something akin to it.

Comment

It just got worse . Disney+ just became available as a preview exclusive in the Netherlands until the launch on November 12.

So, yeah, life = null.

Comment

Working...
                                X