Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980
Results 1,581 to 1,597 of 1597

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

I have felt a bit nostalgic (and bored), so I have searched my own cybername on Stargate Command. and guess what, I am mentioned in an article!

https://www.stargatecommand.co/artic...-stargate-fans

You’ve probably seen me lurking in the forum and comments sections with my handle ‘JaffaCakes,’ and while I might not comment too often, rest assured that I and the rest of the SGC team thoroughly enjoy seeing our community flourish. Platschu’s Travel quizzes are a regular source of humbling enjoyment, SuperMom’s frequent dives into the archives of Behind the Scenes imagery never fail to make us smile, and Jack_0Neill_Team_SG1 diligently serves as the community’s unofficial news source, scouring blogs and fan sites for the latest tidbits. There are so many personalities in our community, and I want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for making it such a wholesome and welcoming environment for Stargate fans of all ages, backgrounds, and knowledge levels."

But it is also dated for 26th March 2019, so probably they have transfered this article after the launch...

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

No mention of the annoying Lemming anywhere -- I'm offended.

Anywho... you deserve the recognition.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

I wonder how he feels about killing the community he enjoyed so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    I wonder how he feels about killing the community he enjoyed so much.
    May have to suggest a follow-up article...

I doubt he'll find many of the same people posting those things they enjoyed so much.
    Oh wait... that's no longer possible...

Or is it?
    I haven't been back since... err... ju...ne...somewhere...

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

The newest “controlled discussion” thread they posted was about the SDCC.
    Members rarely post in the Asgard discussion, I don’t know about the other factions.

I still don’t see the promised “suggestions” thread. Unless that’s an All Access Pass thing.
    They really did kill the community over there.

The newest “controlled discussion” thread they posted was about the SDCC.
    Members rarely post in the Asgard discussion, I don’t know about the other factions.
    Probably the same, or perhaps the "Tau'ri" are more active since they are probably still the largest faction around.

I still don’t see the promised “suggestions” thread. Unless that’s an All Access Pass thing.
    Probably "working on it"....

Oh, they most certainly did.

Maybe someone at the "Cal Mah" gathering in the UK this weekend can ask them about it considering FCD Events actively works in collusion with the damned place and all -- guests of honor. A betrayal to the larger fan community but what do they care, the UK is after all a member of the elite group of AAP.

Wonder how they'll fare when Brexit comes around eventually.

LFCC already cancelled their winter edition because of it.

I doubt anyone at Cal Mah remembered there are actually stargate fans who have no access to the place cause I haven't seen anyone mention it -- just hight praise for a crappy (as in bad connection) call-in from Jenny, I think. No idea what "grand plans" were revealed. (FCD is blocked and the whole thing was muted over the weekend, including all those who were attending)

There literally is no cohesion left in the fandom ... if there ever was any, in a manner of speaking.

Anywho...

...still no SDCC video to speak of. I guess they didn't actually film anything and are just yanking everyone's chain again.

Stargate fans are like Teyla and/or Ronon -- pretty to look at but only good to hold up walls in the background and treated like the lowest life form on the planet... cockroaches or amoebe, not sure which yet.

Well, I'm fully hooked into Star Trek: Deep Space Nine now that the Dominion War is in full swing and I've seen a couple of really awesome space battles, which in my opinion outshine any space battle in the Star Wars movies (yes, I said that).

I think after watching Trek for so long, I can finally officially say that I'm a Trekkie. I have to thank Netflix for putting the series on it, CBS for making the deal, and of course last but certainly not least MGM for giving me a reason to switch over in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by NickEast View Post
    I think after watching Trek for so long, I can finally officially say that I'm a Trekkie. I have to thank Netflix for putting the series on it, CBS for making the deal, and of course last but certainly not least MGM for giving me a reason to switch over in the first place...
    You just presented MGM with the Raspberry Award for Dumbest Business Plan EVAH!
    Or something akin to it.

It just got worse . Disney+ just became available as a preview exclusive in the Netherlands until the launch on November 12.

So, yeah, life = null.

It just got worse . Disney+ just became available as a preview exclusive in the Netherlands until the launch on November 12.

So, yeah, life = null.
    I heard.

Belgium isn't goingt to have access to that until maybe late next year or early 2020, so I'll be heading back onto the Pirate Seas.

Never forget that technically we are the Ancients.... And "the very young do not always do as they are told". So whatever SGC makes we will still be fans when they will be just a fading memory.

I thought they were already a fading memory...

What memory? Who?

What memory? Who?
    ... I don't know...

What were we talking about again?

Probie

They went from a sort-of useful community app to a completely useless app. It has to have been intentional. But why? Why would MGM want to kill the community? Did they just wake up one day and decided that they can’t afford supporting a platform with this many users so directed the single engineer on their payroll to design a new app that will have a smaller user footprint and uses fewer server network and storage resources? There’s no way they think this is a more successful model by any objective metric. Just monitor how many people log on in a day as compared to before. I’m guessing they lost 50-70% daily logins and probably 20-30% people permanently.

MGM's logic is incomprehensible.

They certainly lack the social media knowledge to maintain "Stargate Command".

And yes, they "broke" that SGC community considering the lack of "free speech" by which I mean you no longer have the possibility to start your own discussions. You can only talk about what they want you to talk about unless you completely derail an existing discussion.

For users like myself, who have no access to all-access, the current incarnation of the app is even worse since more stuff has been blocked than on the older version.

I haven't been back since halfway June, since they changed to that newer version and, quite frankly, I'm not missing the place... not by a long shot. They can have their fake bubble.

Gateworld is my community home!