MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear.

I think that same frustration can be read in my last response.

Maybe it was my optimism that made people frustrated and believe I knew something more than I was telling. My gatefatigue began right after Origins came out. That's why I stopped watching, and why I stopped working on my fan art. And why I'm hoping for that opportunity, despite a side of me knowing it will probably not come.

Comment

Don't ever stop on the fan art -- just look no further than Les Enfants de MacGyuver... 10 years later they have a fully build gate.

And look at PH -- she does 3D models sometimes of the concept art Joe Mallozzi posts on his feed, and he's quite happy with the results.

MGM will probably not give it a second glance, but everyone else will.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It makes me sad when I see such flame, gaters. Don't torture each other. That is my job if you remember the Adams family reference... But okay, back to seriousness. If you don't agree with an opinion that is fine as part of human nature and taste, but commenting about the change of his nickname?! How is it related to his posts? So come on, let it be peace. Be angry with MGM, the SG:C, but not with each other. No tv shows are worth of it.
        :inner Nox has sit on Platschu's shoulder:
        Last edited by Platschu; 15 May 2019, 01:17 PM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Can I point out how unnoticed 25 years of stargate is going?

Comment

To be clear, I have absolutely ZERO anger towards NickEast, so let's stop this **** right now.
            I have no connection with the guy and I only posted to warn him of the legal dangers.

No wonder nothing happens in the fanbase, it's to busy eating itself.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Don't ever stop on the fan art -- just look no further than Les Enfants de MacGyuver... 10 years later they have a fully build gate.

And look at PH -- she does 3D models sometimes of the concept art Joe Mallozzi posts on his feed, and he's quite happy with the results.

MGM will probably not give it a second glance, but everyone else will.
              I don't want to. In fact, seeing that gorgeous full size Stargate is giving me the jitters. I can't wait to see the final version.

I was working on remaking my own functional Stargate in the Unreal Engine, after I created the dynamic event horizon surface. And I switched modeling software so can't reuse my original files (and because, shame on me, I made the original model just a tad too small ). However, at the moment I have to renew my license and I am busy with my own fantasy world and story, so I decided to take at least one, maybe two, month(s) off to save some money and time.

Comment

Nice TRY Nick, you know something, TELL US! *puts spotlight in his face* JUST SAY IT!

lol Sorry really I was teasing you I didn't mean to start this sh*tstorm, seems like we all have SG at heart, we grief together guys!
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

It's not really that bad of a sh*tstorm. I'm just glad we worked things out. I myself do "explode" now and again when it feels like I'm being "attacked", or when people don't seem to understand what I mean (not that they don't truly understand it, just that it seems to be that they don't). I try not to do that, but occasionally it happens. Considering what we're talking about here... well... everyone here understands what I mean, right?

Comment

You lost me at hello...

Comment

Come on guys. As much as we all love Stargate, it is only a tv show. Don't argue on such things where we haven't got any influence. I really wanted to see to happen the return of the franchise. I also wanted to be part of it, but it is time to move on if they are not interested in our opinion. This local community is more important and you care about each other if you post in this forum day by day. Stargate was just the beginning, but there are so many great shows on the market which can keep us together. Maybe the Stargate will return to its former glory one day and maybe we are still here to experience it, but we have to use our own mind to fulfill our dreams until that moment.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

We're not arguing... Just a few frustrations that went loose.

We're family -- virtually speaking -- and dysfunctional at best -- but we're family.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          You lost me at hello...

Hi Fran.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Can we expect anything from the Chicago convention in June? It looks like lots of actors will be there as part of the 25th anniversary of Stargate. I know it won't happen, but if they would announce anything then this con would be one of the best time.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              Can we expect anything from the Chicago convention in June? It looks like lots of actors will be there as part of the 25th anniversary of Stargate. I know it won't happen, but if they would announce anything then this con would be one of the best time.
                              You can expect whatever you want. But me.....I've stopped doing so. If I were a betting man - which I'm not - my money would be on lots of buzz, followed by lots of disappointment. MGM doesn't care about Stargate, MGM doesn't care about the fans. They're not going to not announce anything, just make more hollow promises. Case closed. My recommendation....re-watch the old shows, then move on.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                The only reason there are a lot of actors is because it's one of the biggest stargate conventions in the US, and it's a Creation convention. They always have a guest line-up that's high end. They have the money for it.

Don't expect anything "official" because as always MGM is not involved here. It's once again Legion M that is bringing Stargate Command along, to share a booth with as a "vendor". Here's the explanation from the Creation website:

Stargate Command: The Year of the Gate

With this special program, Stargate Command – the ultimate fan community for all things Stargate -- brings a retrospective of the past 25 years, including exclusive clips and never-before-seen footage! Hosted by Jenny Stiven, there will be anecdotes and stories from all three series -- and all three movies. Plus, there may also be surprise guests, so stay tuned! (Day TBD)

It's the same old, same old ... stuff...
                                Stargate Command is an illusion and 189 countries have that figured out already. There's 6 who have yet to find out, but probably will never do. So long as they get their "exclusive access" they are blind as a bat to what is happening outside of their little bubble.

And what's outside is not pretty... not pretty at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X